Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone get their Madden promo points pending yet? Also if my Madden purchase isn't pending on my RZ account, should I contact BB?

[quote name='Geco17']Anyone get their Madden promo points pending yet? Also if my Madden purchase isn't pending on my RZ account, should I contact BB?[/QUOTE]

No points pending. I received 30 points for $15 I paid in cash, but no mention of $20 promo. I'll give it till weekend before we all freak out.

[quote name='Geco17']Anyone get their Madden promo points pending yet? Also if my Madden purchase isn't pending on my RZ account, should I contact BB?[/QUOTE]

I don't see my Madden preorder in my RZ account either. Odd.

My account shows the game purchase, but nothing for the bonus $20.

[quote name='lawdood']My account shows the game purchase, but nothing for the bonus $20.[/QUOTE]
Yeah, it should state 1000 rz points for that purchase at myrewardzone.bestbuy.com

Has anyone alerted customer service that the 1000 pts are missing? This isn't an isolated incident. I don't think anyone got the pts which means we won't get the $20 rz cert. When you contact them, please let them know that this is a system-wide glitch. It will make it easier for the rest of us to get compensated.

[quote name='Donut2922']I don't see my Madden preorder in my RZ account either. Odd.[/QUOTE]

Good to hear I'm not the only one. Maybe BB is trying to screw everyone out of the $20 RZ cert LOL. They probably saw how many people bought it and said, "Don't give them the $20! We could make so much, muhahahahahaha" etc.

How about we wait until borderlands 2 to see if they messed up the certs for madden...and if borderlands doesnt have the points then we wait until 30 days and then we complain

For some reason on my reward zone account, it says I bought 2 things, one is $0.81 and the other is $0.60 but I haven't bought anything worth 81 or 60 cents. Weird...

[quote name='JayRooster']For some reason on my reward zone account, it says I bought 2 things, one is $0.81 and the other is $0.60 but I haven't bought anything worth 81 or 60 cents. Weird...[/QUOTE]
Did you use best buy gift cards on those purchases? Gift cards don't count towards rz points so purchases made with them usually say $0.00 but sometimes weird small change amounts appear instead.

[quote name='JayRooster']For some reason on my reward zone account, it says I bought 2 things, one is $0.81 and the other is $0.60 but I haven't bought anything worth 81 or 60 cents. Weird...[/QUOTE]

When you use gift cards you will get weird totals like that.

^ninja'd

[quote name='PublikDefender']Yeah, it should state 1000 rz points for that purchase at myrewardzone.bestbuy.com

Has anyone alerted customer service that the 1000 pts are missing? This isn't an isolated incident. I don't think anyone got the pts which means we won't get the $20 rz cert. When you contact them, please let them know that this is a system-wide glitch. It will make it easier for the rest of us to get compensated.[/QUOTE]

There's a thread about it on their forums: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward...er-20-reward-certificate-question/td-p/566964

[quote name='PublikDefender']Did you use best buy gift cards on those purchases? Gift cards don't count towards rz points so purchases made with them usually say $0.00 but sometimes weird small change amounts appear instead.[/QUOTE]

One was a trade in card and one was a gift card. Do trade in cards count as gift cards?

[quote name='JayRooster']One was a trade in card and one was a gift card. Do trade in cards count as gift cards?[/QUOTE]
yes. same thing.

[quote name='PublikDefender']yes. same thing.[/QUOTE]

Ugh that is so dumb, I've bought at least $200 worth a games in the past couple months with gift cards and have been wondering where my points were

[quote name='sninh']How about we wait until borderlands 2 to see if they messed up the certs for madden...and if borderlands doesnt have the points then we wait until 30 days and then we complain[/QUOTE]

I pre ordered Madden at BB in large part so I can use $10 savings code and $20 gc on Borderlands 2 so basically getting for half price. They better have this shit fixed by then.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I pre ordered Madden at BB in large part so I can use $10 savings code and $20 gc on Borderlands 2 so basically getting for half price. They better have this shit fixed by then.[/QUOTE]

The $20 rz cert isn't supposed to be available until after 30 days anyways. Since Madden released 8/28 and Borderlands is 9/17, you're not going to have the $20 available regardless.

[quote name='Kyden139']The $20 rz cert isn't supposed to be available until after 30 days anyways. Since Madden released 8/28 and Borderlands is 9/17, you're not going to have the $20 available regardless.[/QUOTE]

For NCAA I got it in 2 1/2 weeks. Don't see why Madden should take any longer.

[quote name='JayRooster']Ugh that is so dumb, I've bought at least $200 worth a games in the past couple months with gift cards and have been wondering where my points were[/QUOTE]Not dumb at all, say you bought $200 worth a BB GC & then used them to buy something
200 RZ points on the purchase of the GC & then another 200 RZ points on the purchase = double dipping. There's been mentio of pitch in cards earning points though but what I do is convert the BB credit to a pre-paid visa then get walmart GC which can be used to get a pre-paid visa from walmart which earns points but you gotta factor in fees on both ends.

[quote name='ajh2298']I was told by the guy at the gaming desk that "The Last of Us" will be added to the promo in the near future.[/QUOTE]It may be added to a new promo but this promo is set they already have booklets with all the games in store. As always you can vote for additional games to get $20 credits in the future here

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Buy-IdeaX/Add-more-titles-20-RZ-promo/idi-p/531520

[quote name='godsmack13']Per title only. Would be sweet if it was per platform, but no such luck.[/QUOTE]Gotta get a 2nd RZ account...wife, GF, mom, dad, sister, brother whoever. My mom & sis have em

[quote name='JayRooster']Ah well, guess I'll wait til black Friday when the game will be $30[/QUOTE]B/C of the games release date & the extended holiday pm time period(for all not just silver) it still makes more sense to get the game with this promo then pm for the cheaper price. $30-$35 + $20 credit is better than $30-$35

[quote name='Enuf']

B/C of the games release date & the extended holiday pm time period(for all not just silver) it still makes more sense to get the game with this promo then pm for the cheaper price. $30-$35 + $20 credit is better than $30-$35

.[/QUOTE]

When/how long is that extended holiday PM time?

[quote name='JayRooster']When/how long is that extended holiday PM time?[/QUOTE]Last 2 yrs it started in mid Oct & lasted till mid late Feb. that's another primary reason to grab the late AAA titles @ BB b/c you know the way games drop in price already plus there's gonna be weekly sales galore thru the holidays & then again thru early 2013 since they want people to spend the GC's they got during xmas.

Can someone who got the 20 $ rz certificate for ncaa explain how it should show on your account ? Mine shows the purchase for the pre order date and the 118 pending points is the 1000 points separate from that or added with the 118 ?

[quote name='Enuf']
Gotta get a 2nd RZ account...wife, GF, mom, dad, sister, brother whoever. My mom & sis have em.[/QUOTE]

Oh, I guess I could have finished my entire thought process... Wife and kid both have them too :D

Not sure if this was mentioned or not, but Black Ops 2 is no longer on the list on the BB websight. If I'm not gonna get $20 back (especially for the care package edition), I'll order it from Amazon.

I asked the worker at my store who seems on top of everything and he says you don't see pending points. It just appears after 30 days

Signed up yesterday. Hopefully there are no issues with getting my reward points when I pick up Borderlands 2, due to the fact that I pre-ordered before I signed up for Unlocked.

[quote name='iamdl']I hope the folks who already preordered Black Ops 2 still get the $20 reward points[/QUOTE]

I hope so, but I'm doubtful. It doesn't say anywhere on the receipt that you get it. Glad I didn't cancel my Amazon pre-order yet.

this has been discussed numerous times. it does not show up on the bestbuy.com list. it will show up on my rewardzone.com under the $20 preorder page, but only if you are logged in.

there are also signs in store with it on there. I think somebody even posted a picture of it a few pages back.

[quote name='psunami']Signed up yesterday. Hopefully there are no issues with getting my reward points when I pick up Borderlands 2, due to the fact that I pre-ordered before I signed up for Unlocked.[/QUOTE]

Rules state that as long as you are an unlocked member before you pickup the game, you will be good. You can even join unlocked on the pick-up purchase (of the first game you want the credit on) receipt and still qualify. Anything after that, you are SOL.

[quote name='godsmack13']this has been discussed numerous times. it does not show up on the bestbuy.com list. it will show up on my rewardzone.com under the $20 preorder page, but only if you are logged in.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, that's so weird. I wonder why that is?

I believe others have said that it is because of Activision creating a stink about Call of Duty being promoted as on sale for release week.

or could simply just be that as technologically advanced as some of the stuff in the stores might be, Best Buy operates on some wonky outdated programming :D

Do price adjustments work on sales or only price drops? I figure that most of those titles Black Friday will be 29.99. Seeing as they are releasing so close to it...that'll mean getting $20 per title and then PMing them on BF for a lot less. Would that work?

I see a lot of people claiming to PM within their 60 day window but I wasn't sure if it applied to sale prices. That works?

[quote name='KryllFood']Do price adjustments work on sales or only price drops? I figure that most of those titles Black Friday will be 29.99. Seeing as they are releasing so close to it...that'll mean getting $20 per title and then PMing them on BF for a lot less. Would that work?

I see a lot of people claiming to PM within their 60 day window but I wasn't sure if it applied to sale prices. That works?[/QUOTE]

Applies to sale prices and price drops. The only thing PM doesn't work on is black friday sales unfortunately

Resident Evil 6 -- so, what is the verdict? A buy or a stinker? These are so hit or miss. Anyone find any gameplay videos online? I guess some PS3 copies were stolen and sold in Germany?

[quote name='InvaderZim']Resident Evil 6 -- so, what is the verdict? A buy or a stinker? These are so hit or miss. Anyone find any gameplay videos online? I guess some PS3 copies were stolen and sold in Germany?[/QUOTE]

The PS3 special edition comes with all Resident Evil games (including RE4 HD and RE5 Gold) so along with the $20 back that's a fantastic deal imo. The 360 special edition doesn't come with all games (but does include Code Verionca X HD and a Resident Evil movie).

[quote name='DemonsMaster']The PS3 special edition comes with all Resident Evil games (including RE4 HD and RE5 Gold) so along with the $20 back that's a fantastic deal imo. The 360 special edition doesn't come with all games however.[/QUOTE]

That special edition is $90, though. Yeah RE4 and 5 are nice but honestly how often are you going back to the ps1 days of RE1-3? For the extra $30, I guess getting RE4 and 5 is a value but still...would you really miss them if you didn't have them?

Spending more money for what seems like a good deal is still spending more money, lol. I don't blame anyone for getting it though, it is hard to pass up if you never owned RE4 or 5.

P.S. Thanks for the info Geco.

Can you preorder multiple copies of games to get $20 off on each? Like my brother wants Hal o4 and I want it too, but we dont live together. Can I get $20 off coupons fromboth?

[quote name='godsmack13']I believe others have said that it is because of Activision creating a stink about Call of Duty being promoted as on sale for release week.

or could simply just be that as technologically advanced as some of the stuff in the stores might be, Best Buy operates on some wonky outdated programming :D[/QUOTE]

Call of Duty still is and WILL CONTINUE TO BE in this particular promo. Do not worry! Do not fret!

And somebody is on to the correct answer as to why it isn't listed unless you are signed in to your GCU account or in store.

I used to always wonder why some CAGs would get irritated, some even downright pissed, when the same questions get asked repeatedly. I think I'm starting to see it now though, because it is starting to become a bit aggravating, especially when the questions or concerns have been part of the discussion with in just the last couple of pages. *hinthint*

Do you ever just get the feeling that no one is listening? :D

I didn't get NCAA 13, so Madden was the first preorder I did. If I hadn't been reading this thread I wouldn't think anything about the bonus points not showing up as pending in my account. Still not worried about it since it's not been close to 30 days, yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back