Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
I am so hesitant to go through with this. Last time I went to my BB no one had any clue how to sign me up for their Gamer's Club also they had to a price check a $5.00 sale item because I'm assuming since the tag said $50.00 there was no way it could only cost $5.00. Then again it's an extremely good deal.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']WTF are you talking about?[/QUOTE]

Planned on using $20 gc from Madden for Borderlands 2, but paid it off last week as I didn't expect it before next week. Just use it on RE6.

[quote name='WTFpomer']I am so hesitant to go through with this. Last time I went to my BB no one had any clue how to sign me up for their Gamer's Club also they had to a price check a $5.00 sale item because I'm assuming since the tag said $50.00 there was no way it could only cost $5.00. Then again it's an extremely good deal.[/QUOTE]

There is a gamers club barcode. Anybody in game section should know.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Planned on using $20 gc from Madden for Borderlands 2, but paid it off last week as I didn't expect it before next week. Just use it on RE6.[/QUOTE]

I think he's talking about the re6 part

my wife's account got $30 RZ cert this morning. I can only assume the Madden points actually posted because I don't remember her point total before hand. confused as to why it was 30 though because her account is set to spit them out at 20 dollars, and yet there still are over 700 points available. so why didn't it just spit out 40 or two 20s? :whee:

[quote name='MaicoWin']Anyone know if Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map also includes access to the Nuketown map for Zombies, or is that only limited to the Hardened and Care Package Edition?[/QUOTE]

from everything I've seen it looks like nuke town zombies is only with the upgraded versions.

[quote name='Vigilante']I think so, since the $10 off codes are basically digital gift cards. Enter them both as gift cards during checkout and they should work.[/QUOTE]
Thanks, i appreciate it

[quote name='WTFpomer']I am so hesitant to go through with this. Last time I went to my BB no one had any clue how to sign me up for their Gamer's Club also they had to a price check a $5.00 sale item because I'm assuming since the tag said $50.00 there was no way it could only cost $5.00. Then again it's an extremely good deal.[/QUOTE]

You can find the RZGC Unlocked barcode on the touchscreen in the gaming department in any store. Or you can go to www.myrz.com , go to the Gamers Club tab and then print the barcode out there. Just need to be an RZ program member to start with (can sign up in store) and then have the cashier look up your RZ number if you already have one.

Then just make sure to have the cashiers ALWAYS capture your RZ number on all purchases and preorders. It never hurts to ASK if they got your RZ number whenever you transact just to remind them.

As long as you do the above, do your preorders online or in store prior to street date and then pick up within the prescribed dates for each title (listed again on www.myrz.com under RZGC offers) this will work for you.

Damn good deal on the best titles of the year.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Every review I have seen for RE6 has been bad. Debating getting Anthology edition as I loved old versions.[/QUOTE]How many reviews for RE6 are even out there (I'm pretty sure reviewers are under embargo)? Are you talking about previews and/or Shacknews' hate-filled preview?

I think the RewardsZone site was just a little buggy yesterday. My Madden 13 points cleared and were automatically redeemed despite never showing up in the "pending points" area.

Also received the $10 code for online ordering with in-store pickup, one less thing to call about. Only thing left is a pricematch request.

Got my email about the 20 rz certificate today 31 days from when I preordered , not sure if this is a coincidence or if you receive the points 31 days from the pre order date instead of the pick up or ship date like some people said .

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Every review I have seen for RE6 has been bad. Debating getting Anthology edition as I loved old versions.[/QUOTE]

There have been no reviews released for this game yet, personally waiting for them to release the super hyper zombie deluxe edition, paying for DLC on the disc is so fun, capcom loves their on the disc dlc.

[quote name='HakurenKyo06']There have been no reviews released for this game yet, personally waiting for them to release the super hyper zombie deluxe edition, paying for DLC on the disc is so fun, capcom loves their on the disc dlc.[/QUOTE]

I saw two previews and they were both bad. Shacknews was one and guy said it was garbage. I figure with two $20 gc for Madden and Borderlands (hopefully early), trade ins, and $10 gc I'll redeem soon with 500 points I'll only pay out of pocket 5-10 with Anthology edition. Even if it sucks 1-5 will be worth it.

I preordered Borderlands 2 today, but my receipt definitely doesn't look the same from when I preordered Madden '13.

All I see is:

3433041 Pre Sell Borderlands 2
9565874 Presell Escape SKU

My reward zone/Gamer's Unlocked information isn't on there anywhere like it was with Madden. Will it still go through when I pick it up Tuesday or do I have to get in contact with someone? She did put in my phone number, so I don't know.

[quote name='I OU a Beatn']I preordered Borderlands 2 today, but my receipt definitely doesn't look the same from when I preordered Madden '13.

All I see is:

3433041 Pre Sell Borderlands 2
9565874 Presell Escape SKU

My reward zone/Gamer's Unlocked information isn't on there anywhere like it was with Madden. Will it still go through when I pick it up Tuesday or do I have to get in contact with someone? She did put in my phone number, so I don't know.[/QUOTE]

You might be screwed as it should have reward members info. Check online and see if it shows on your account.

This is why I just preorder online with store pickup.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']Planned on using $20 gc from Madden for Borderlands 2, but paid it off last week as I didn't expect it before next week. Just use it on RE6.[/QUOTE]

:roll: No I understand that. I wanted to know how this guy saw multiple reviews for a game thats not even out yet. I know some copies got stolen or sold in finland or something, but I have yet to see any reviews on RE6. THe average score for that game once it comes out will def. be high 80's to mid 90's. Mark my words. It will contend for GOTY.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:roll: No I understand that. I wanted to know how this guy saw multiple reviews for a game thats not even out yet. I know some copies got stolen or sold in finland or something, but I have yet to see any reviews on RE6. THe average score for that game once it comes out will def. be high 80's to mid 90's. Mark my words. It will contend for GOTY.[/QUOTE]

I guess should have said previews have been bad.

I hope GOTY contender though I think Borderlands 2 has it locked up. Hoping RE goes back to horror theme though trailer looks all action.

[quote name='G3 Steve-O']SO pre-order at both stores. Then just use the code off the Gamestop receipt and then return the game to Gamestop. PROBLEM SOLVED!!!!![/QUOTE]

have u tried this before? what do u say when u return the game back?

[quote name='Jay197']have u tried this before? what do u say when u return the game back?[/QUOTE]

Not that I'm condoning this but all you have to say is you changed your mind or got it cheaper elsewhere. Just don't open it and keep your receipt.

[quote name='Jay197']have u tried this before? what do u say when u return the game back?[/QUOTE]

I've done it before. Although, I did trade in the new sealed copy for a used one of the same game.

Did anyone else get a $25 reward certificate for no reason? My current points and my pending points are unchanged and nothing in my log turned over from pending to posted. Is it the Madden certificate?

[quote name='panda911']Did anyone else get a $25 reward certificate for no reason? My current points and my pending points are unchanged and nothing in my log turned over from pending to posted. Is it the Madden certificate?[/QUOTE]

I did as well. Weird.

mine from madden and 500 I had sitting cleared thru today I had my points set to turn into certificates at $20 maybe that's what you guys are seeing

[quote name='Rockinjs']mine from madden and 500 I had sitting cleared thru today I had my points set to turn into certificates at $20 maybe that's what you guys are seeing[/QUOTE]

i thought so too. i have my certs set to $10 but had $5 worth in my account. I figured that's what they did. But my points balanced hasn't change. (yet.)

Thank you for everyone who replied to my post. I went ahead and made time to visit Best Buy earlier to make my 3 pre-orders.

[quote name='dc delta90']Should be good to go on Hardened but do it ASAP. It is DEFINITELY included in the promotion, all CE's and LE's for the PS3 and 360 versions are included.

Not likely that you'll find the AC3 steelbook. They went fast when they first were released months ago.[/QUOTE]
And you were right . . . they ran out of the ACIII metal case months ago. Here's the thing though, I did pre-order ACIII standard edition from Best Buy for the $20 gift certificate, but I also pre-ordered the steelbook case limited edition from Amazon back in March. I'm thinking about leaving the regular edition from Best Buy untouched once I got it and sell it as a new item, and keep the metal case from Amazon. Any idea where I might be able to do this?

Thanks.

Somethings up with the reward site not, sure, I had over 2,000 points pending with about 200 or so points, a few transactions cleared so I jumped to 590 points and I now have 1,239 points pending, The math doesn't add up also my Trade in from the other day was there and is now missing, but the transaction, where I bough something after I traded in is there, even after manually adding up my pending points its 2,020, So I dunno

[quote name='confoosious']i thought so too. i have my certs set to $10 but had $5 worth in my account. I figured that's what they did. But my points balanced hasn't change. (yet.)[/QUOTE]

I also had $5 worth of points in the clear but my preference is set to $20 and points unchanged too. The site just seems real wonky lately. I noticed a little while ago that transactions were taking much longer to reflect on the site and now this issue.

I'm not sure if I screwed myself over for all of this. I signed up for the unlocked Gamer's Club and reserved a handful of these games on the same sale. I picked up my Madden reservation the day it came out and I don't see any pending points for the promotion on my account. Should I have waited to reserve that stuff until my unlocked status went through?

So I got two emails from bb today. One was a $10 thank you for an online order..wtf? The other was a $20 certificate. still have the 1000 in my acct.

Off topic I know, but does anyone know if BB price matches Amazon? I need a new controller and they have them for a pretty decent price, but I have my Madden certificates to use so I was hoping for the best of both worlds.

I also have an off topic question if you guys don't mind me asking. I have a question about COD BO2. Do you guys know if there will be COD elite for BO2? and if so, will the nuke town zombies map be included? Cause I'm preordering the hardened edition just for the nazi zombies map but if that DLC comes with my COD elite than I'll stick to the regular edition.

Also does best buy usually run out of stock fast on the hardened editions of COD games cause I was planning on preordering next month when I'll have more credit/cash

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']I also have an off topic question if you guys don't mind me asking. I have a question about COD BO2. Do you guys know if there will be COD elite for BO2? and if so, will the nuke town zombies map be included? Cause I'm preordering the hardened edition just for the nazi zombies map but if that DLC comes with my COD elite than I'll stick to the regular edition.

Also does best buy usually run out of stock fast on the hardened editions of COD games cause I was planning on preordering next month when I'll have more credit/cash[/QUOTE]

As far as I know there will be CoD Elite for BlOps 2, since Gamestop tries to sell me a preorder for it every time I go in there. I have no idea about the map, though.

Not sure how fast Best Buy will run out. I remember Gamestop being out by the time I went to do a second pre-order for a Hardened Edition for MW3. But if you pre-order in-store, it's only a $5 deposit.

[quote name='jza1218']Off topic I know, but does anyone know if BB price matches Amazon? I need a new controller and they have them for a pretty decent price, but I have my Madden certificates to use so I was hoping for the best of both worlds.[/QUOTE]

Generally, no. Apparently a few stores are testing it (I think someone in Texas posted a pic of a sign in their store advertising PMing Amazon), but I wouldn't count on it.

[quote name='joeyshadows']So I got two emails from bb today. One was a $10 thank you for an online order..wtf? The other was a $20 certificate. still have the 1000 in my acct.[/QUOTE]

Did you pre-order online and pick up in store by 8/31? If so, the $10 code was for a promotion BB ran the last two months for in store pick-up orders over $50. Just a heads up, if that is what the code is, it expires at the end of this month.

[quote name='DWulf']As far as I know there will be CoD Elite for BlOps 2, since Gamestop tries to sell me a preorder for it every time I go in there. I have no idea about the map, though.

Not sure how fast Best Buy will run out. I remember Gamestop being out by the time I went to do a second pre-order for a Hardened Edition for MW3. But if you pre-order in-store, it's only a $5 deposit.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I got asked the same thing earlier today about elite in GameStop but when I got home and googled it, I couldn't find any info at all on Cod elite for black ops.

I tried calling best buy about their stock on the hardened editions but the rep had no idea about games so she put me on hold for like 15 min so I just hung and tried calling GameStop to see how fast they usually run out and she told me that the hardened editions might not even be available for PO by next week.. I hope best buy isnt running low on stock even though I bet they are

Also I had 1000 points (pending) in Rz points since like Sunday thinking it was my madden points, then I look today and my 1000 points are gone, wtf?

[quote name='Royal High Knight']:roll: No I understand that. I wanted to know how this guy saw multiple reviews for a game thats not even out yet. I know some copies got stolen or sold in finland or something, but I have yet to see any reviews on RE6. THe average score for that game once it comes out will def. be high 80's to mid 90's. Mark my words. It will contend for GOTY.[/QUOTE]

I'll honestly be surprised if this game gets over an 88% on gamerankings and I'll probably shit myself if it gets anything over a 90% on gamerankings. I'm not hating on the game,nor do I think think that is a bad score,I just don't see it getting that high. It would be cool to see though,since I've been an RE fan for awhile now.

I got my points posted to my accounts today which is 31 days after preordering it. Now to see why there is trouble with adding five $10 store pick up codes to my pitch in card.

[quote name='DWulf']Did you pre-order online and pick up in store by 8/31? If so, the $10 code was for a promotion BB ran the last two months for in store pick-up orders over $50. Just a heads up, if that is what the code is, it expires at the end of this month.[/QUOTE]

I received my in store pick up code a few days after getting madden. I haven't picked anything else up recently. It's random but welcome. Lol

I haven't read every post in this thread so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 way back on April 19th with $5 down. I should be fine leaving that as is, right? Or should I do a new one now since this program wasn't in place then? I guess unless someone pre-ordered either NCAA or Madden super early nobody will know for sure but I thought I'd get some opinions.

[quote name='chriscolbert']I haven't read every post in this thread so I don't know if this has been addressed, but I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 way back on April 19th with $5 down. I should be fine leaving that as is, right? Or should I do a new one now since this program wasn't in place then? I guess unless someone pre-ordered either NCAA or Madden super early nobody will know for sure but I thought I'd get some opinions.[/QUOTE]

should be ok long as its linked to your rz account

[quote name='tokyostomp']so if i am not an unlocked member will i still get the 10 dollar credit instead of the 20?[/QUOTE]

What $10 credit?

That's ended in August for orders placed online to be picked up in store only Gamers Unlocked get $20 back on this promo

I just got a ship confirmation for Borderlands 2. It's UPS Mail Innovations so it's slow, but I might actually get it on release day or maybe the next day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back