Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Rockinjs']That's ended in August for orders placed online to be picked up in store only Gamers Unlocked get $20 back on this promo[/QUOTE]
aha so i might as well sign up for unlocked then.

My points for Madden, which had posted to the actual transaction a couple days ago, but not to the pending or cleared points, have actually shown up under pending now. Along with the other transactions that hadn't shown as pending. At least that's what I assume they all are, because the point values match what I know I spent, but according to rz, I have NO purchase history lol o.0

[quote name='godsmack13']My points for Madden, which had posted to the actual transaction a couple days ago, but not to the pending or cleared points, have actually shown up under pending now. Along with the other transactions that hadn't shown as pending. At least that's what I assume they all are, because the point values match what I know I spent, but according to rz, I have NO purchase history lol o.0[/QUOTE]

What does your transaction date show in RZ? Did the points actually post about 31-32 days after that date? I believe that's how most people are saying it has been functioning.

I got my rz cert for 25 (had $5 pending), but I canceled am order a couple weeks back using a $25rz cert...gonna have a nice call with cs trying to explain this one

[quote name='mgford11']What does your transaction date show in RZ? Did the points actually post about 31-32 days after that date? I believe that's how most people are saying it has been functioning.[/QUOTE]

mind you, mine have not posted ready to use, just pending. my purchase date is 7/30, so I certainly don't fall into that category.

my wife's account, on the other hand, with the same purchase date 7/30, the points are posted and ready to use as of a couple days ago. so while not in the 31 to 32 day range after order, they definitely posted ready to use earlier than they technically should based on pick up date.

Since Madden is on sale at Target for fifty bucks this week, I'd like to pricematch from best buy since I got mine from there via online w/ instore pickup to be able to get all the preorder perks. How do I get a price adjustment without losing my pending $20 reward zone cert?

[quote name='GoVols']Since Madden is on sale at Target for fifty bucks this week, I'd like to pricematch from best buy since I got mine from there via online w/ instore pickup to be able to get all the preorder perks. How do I get a price adjustment without losing my pending $20 reward zone cert?[/QUOTE]

Price match, it wont affect the $20 Reward zone cert, I did and had my points pend and then posted to my account no problem.

SInce you purchased Online/w instore pickup, you have to call the 1-800#, took 10 mins.

thanks for the reminder to PM, busy week haven't had a chance.

Edit: and now my Madden points that I was talking about a few posts back, that just showed in the pending total today, have cleared and are usable. So like my wife's, not in the 31-32 window from order, but definitely early based on pickup date.

Can someone please tell me why my RZ points keep changing?? On Sunday it said I had 421 points total with 1112 pts. Pending. Then a couple days ago my 1112 points pending went away and said I had 224 pts. pending with a total of about 300. Now I look today and it says I have 224 total with 1384 pending points. I haven't bought anything from best buy during this time period. Has this been happening to anybody else?

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Can someone please tell me why my RZ points keep changing?? On Sunday it said I had 421 points total with 1112 pts. Pending. Then a couple days ago my 1112 points pending went away and said I had 224 pts. pending with a total of about 300. Now I look today and it says I have 224 total with 1384 pending points. I haven't bought anything from best buy during this time period. Has this been happening to anybody else?[/QUOTE]

The only people that can tell you why is BB. So, try calling them and asking.

[quote name='aircobra']The only people that can tell you why is BB. So, try calling them and asking.[/QUOTE]

Or you can just ignore this? I only ask because I Have to work in like 15 min and don't want to be out on hold for 20 minutes like they did yesterday? Who knows, this could of actually happened to somebody else on CAG and has already called best buy and they can help me out maybe

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Can someone please tell me why my RZ points keep changing?? On Sunday it said I had 421 points total with 1112 pts. Pending. Then a couple days ago my 1112 points pending went away and said I had 224 pts. pending with a total of about 300. Now I look today and it says I have 224 total with 1384 pending points. I haven't bought anything from best buy during this time period. Has this been happening to anybody else?[/QUOTE]

Mine is also screwy the past few days.

[quote name='slowdive21']Mine is also screwy the past few days.[/QUOTE]

At least I'm not the only one, I will try and call them on my lunch break and see what they say and post whatever the reason might be

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Or you can just ignore this? I only ask because I Have to work in like 15 min and don't want to be out on hold for 20 minutes like they did yesterday? Who knows, this could of actually happened to somebody else on CAG and has already called best buy and they can help me out maybe[/QUOTE]

Yea, aircobra wasn't trying to be a smartass, that was a legitimate response. Like slowdive said tho, the site has been a bit screwy the last few days. And sometimes points drop in and out as they move from transaction to pending to cleared.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, give it a few days, they usually come back.

[quote name='godsmack13']Yea, aircobra wasn't trying to be a smartass, that was a legitimate response. Like slowdive said tho, the site has been a buy screwy the last few days. And sometimes points drop in and out as they move from transaction to pending to cleared.

I wouldn't worry about it yet, give it a few days, they usually come back.[/QUOTE]

Thank you, I just wanted to make sure this wasnt only happening to me

So it appears that mysterious $25 rz cert was the Madden promo and 250 worth of points BBY issued without consent for whatever reason. Today my current points are 250 lower that they previously were.

[quote name='panda911']So it appears that mysterious $25 rz cert was the Madden promo and 250 worth of points BBY issued without consent for whatever reason. Today my current points are 250 lower that they previously were.[/QUOTE]

Same here.

[quote name='Poor2More']Price match, it wont affect the $20 Reward zone cert, I did and had my points pend and then posted to my account no problem.

SInce you purchased Online/w instore pickup, you have to call the 1-800#, took 10 mins.[/QUOTE]

Wow 10 Min I wish I was that lucky it took me over 20 min to get it price matched. They had to call over to Target and put me on hold several times. Kinda a PITA. Thankfully the rest of my preorders will be in store so any price matches will be so much easier

My pending RZ points are a bit messed up too.

Also did a trade-in on Wednesday but the pending points for that aren't showing up and I can't remember how long that usually takes; I want to say it's fairly instant. This time I went to a different store so maybe they don't do it as quickly as my usual one.

My RZ points have been weird for the last two weeks, but frankly, it has been in my favor with purchases I made less than two weeks earlier already posting and certificates being issued. I wouldn't worry about it too much unless your points completely disappear.

Is anyone else trying their best not to order Borderlands 2? It's so tempting with the best buy offer but it's just going to the backlog and you know a Black Friday deal is around the corner...

[quote name='kelo360']Is anyone else trying their best not to order Borderlands 2? It's so tempting with the best buy offer but it's just going to the backlog and you know a Black Friday deal is around the corner...[/QUOTE]
Borderlands 2 skips backlogs and shamelessly cuts in line where ever she wants.

[quote name='kelo360']Is anyone else trying their best not to order Borderlands 2? It's so tempting with the best buy offer but it's just going to the backlog and you know a Black Friday deal is around the corner...[/QUOTE]

:wave: On top of that, I haven't bought the GOTY version due to my backlog. It's on my list, just haven't had the time.

I'm debating that as well. Have never paid MSRP for a game yet. Funny thing is I don't mind dropping $500+ for a meal with friends, but I can't bring myself to spend a mere $60 on myself. :wall:

[quote name='bob330i']:wave: On top of that, I haven't bought the GOTY version due to my backlog. It's on my list, just haven't had the time.[/QUOTE]

Me too I haven't even opened my goty version and I really want to get into that before I get to BL2

[quote name='sixspeednissan']Sorry if this is old, but did Black Ops 2 expire already? I was going to preorder this weekend but maybe not now lol.[/QUOTE]

Please use the search function, this has been asked/answered many many times before.

Perhaps the original post should be more clear if so many people are asking. There should be a note posted or something.

[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wLjIOzQTBHc[/MEDIA][quote name='TooPoor']Borderlands 2 skips backlogs and shamelessly cuts in line where ever she wants.[/QUOTE]
[MEDIA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P3ALwKeSEYs[/MEDIA]

[quote name='SpartenOmega117']Hmmm..any possibility best buy adds assassins creed 3 for wii u?[/QUOTE]

I keep hoping BB adds ANY of the Wii U titles in this pre-order promo, however unlikely. I'd immediately jump on Zombi U and other titles.

Pre-ordered Fifa, Black ops hardened & Nba 2k. So that's $60 of RZ certificates & we all know that the price will drop on 2k & fifa most likely @ some pt w/in 30-60 days. Can only hope for black ops to do so, but I'm not counting on it.

borderland 2 comes out 9/18/2012, so how many days do we have to pick up the game? 5 days? so is 9/23/2012 the last day to pick up the game? i am talking about when you preordered a game in store

[quote name='TrumpetDan']I keep hoping BB adds ANY of the Wii U titles in this pre-order promo, however unlikely. I'd immediately jump on Zombi U and other titles.[/QUOTE]

There's no incentive for BBY to add Wii U titles. People are going to be buying the games anyway for their new shiny console. They also haven't altered the promo in any way since it was announced months ago, but there's always hope.

[quote name='davisdj']Pre-ordered Fifa, Black ops hardened & Nba 2k. So that's $60 of RZ certificates & we all know that the price will drop on 2k & fifa most likely @ some pt w/in 30-60 days. Can only hope for black ops to do so, but I'm not counting on it.[/QUOTE]

I want to say that COD goes on sale the week after Xmas at Target for like $44 or 42. It has the past two years, so if you're silver, you're good to go.

[quote name='Zazoo']Wow 10 Min I wish I was that lucky it took me over 20 min to get it price matched. They had to call over to Target and put me on hold several times. Kinda a PITA. Thankfully the rest of my preorders will be in store so any price matches will be so much easier[/QUOTE]

They didnt even ask me where I was price matching, just asked how much it was on sale for. only took 5 minutes

[quote name='Kyden139']Please use the search function, this has been asked/answered many many times before.[/QUOTE]

You could have just answered in less time. Anyone who has spent any time on the Internet knows that vBulletin search is useless.

Did your guy's madden points just show up several days after pick up? I picked up on release day and still haven't seen my 1000 points.

Edit: never mind, the points just showed up today

I have a question and didnt see it in the FAQ, Borderlands 2 is my first preorder with BBY, where do I pick this up? At the customer service desk? or do I just grab the game and bring it up to any register with my preorder reciept?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have a question and didnt see it in the FAQ, Borderlands 2 is my first preorder with BBY, where do I pick this up? At the customer service desk? or do I just grab the game and bring it up to any register with my preorder reciept?[/QUOTE]When I picked up my ME3 preorder, I went to the Customer Service desk, where they had my copy waiting for me.

In the event they can't find your copy (for whatever reason), they'd get a copy from the shelf.

No, preordered because my friends will be playing Borderlands 2 co-op now and by Black Friday will be on to Black Ops 2, and so will I. Got borerlands GOTY last time and by then most of my friends were playng other games. Wonder if the Black Friday deals will be any better anyway?

Question: I haven't been to a midnight release at Best Buy yet, can you buy other games then too?

[quote name='Brother Daz']I have a question and didnt see it in the FAQ, Borderlands 2 is my first preorder with BBY, where do I pick this up? At the customer service desk? or do I just grab the game and bring it up to any register with my preorder reciept?[/QUOTE]
It depends on how you pre-ordered it...

Did you pre-ordered it online for in-store pickup?
If so you will need to go to customer service to pick up your game.

Did you pre-ordered it in-store with the $5 deposit?
If so you will need to go to the gaming section and hand over your $5 deposit receipt.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back