Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Jut got emailed my code for the PO bonus (Borderlands 2) I PO online for in store pickup. I did not pick up the game yet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='foster_work']For those of you that aren't Gamer Club Unlocked, like myself...

I was able to PM the TRU Borderlands 2 $20 GC coupon at BB today.

http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/...=1#post9979153[/QUOTE]Just as an FYI, unlike this $20 RZ certificate promo, if Borderlands 2 happens to drop to $39.99 on sale within 30 days, you won't be able to PM that since it essentially looks like you got a PM judging from that receipt.

Congrats on getting the PM, though. At least you were able to get in on this promo in some (metaphysical?) way by saving $20. :cool:

[quote name='Vigilante']:cold: OK, I'm officially scared to go pick up my copy; is there anything I can say to make sure that they do an exchange with the $5 credit and not a return?

Also, am I supposed to receive an email or phone call saying my copy is ready to be picked up (ala Gamestop)? I haven't gotten anything yet...[/QUOTE]

The only time I ever get anything from Best Buy about my pre-order is if I ordered online and then chose store pickup - they send the normal Store pickup email. Even when I did that, they tried to cancel my store pickup order and sell it to me again when I got there. Not sure why I always have some sort of issue with BB pre-orders. Starting to rethink this whole preorder thing through them. The $20 RZ cert is nice, but its not worth the time and effort to get problems fixed (which, to me, seem inevitable with BB right now.)

I showed up this morning at Customer Service and the lady said I'd have to go find a gaming rep to get my game, then come back with it. Seriously, you couldn't call someone over your headset. Note, its 10AM and there are only about 5 customers in the store. I've always been a big fan of BB, but their store customer service has been nothing sort of atrocious on occasions.

[quote name='lwhitit']Jut got emailed my code for the PO bonus (Borderlands 2) I PO online for in store pickup.[/QUOTE]I just got my BL2 pre-order bonus code via email as well.

[quote name='Kerplunkuga']The only time I ever get anything from Best Buy about my pre-order is if I ordered online and then chose store pickup - they send the normal Store pickup email. Even when I did that, they tried to cancel my store pickup order and sell it to me again when I got there. Not sure why I always have some sort of issue with BB pre-orders. Starting to rethink this whole preorder thing through them. The $20 RZ cert is nice, but its not worth the time and effort to get problems fixed (which, to me, seem inevitable with BB right now.)

I showed up this morning at Customer Service and the lady said I'd have to go find a gaming rep to get my game, then come back with it. Seriously, you couldn't call someone over your headset. Note, its 10AM and there are only about 5 customers in the store. I've always been a big fan of BB, but their store customer service has been nothing sort of atrocious on occasions.[/QUOTE]Yeah, I'm considering cancelling my in-store RE6 :)ps3:) and Dishonored :)360:) preorders and ordering them online for in-store pickup to avoid any hassle. I'm worried, though, that doing that might look suspicious...:whistle2:#

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Is it too late to get in on Borderlands? I would say yes but the page for the game shows the promo still.[/QUOTE]

You cant pre order a game that is already out.

-_- thank you for that sagely advise. I'm well aware of that, hence why my post said "I would say no, but the promo still shows." This was more directed towards people experienced in this promo-- perhaps other games have had the promo certs go through when it's listed on the page.

Thanks for your offer for common sense, but I have plenty.

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']-_- thank you for that sagely advise. I'm well aware of that, hence why my post said "I would say no, but the promo still shows." This was more directed towards people experienced in this promo-- perhaps other games have had the promo certs go through when it's listed on the page.

Thanks for your offer for common sense, but I have plenty.[/QUOTE]

The promotion is for pre-orders. I have already pre-ordered multiple titles in the list and have gotten/will hopefully get the $20 cert from multiple titles. I have not seen anyone able to get the cert after placing an order after the window for pre-ordering is closed. Because, as I mentioned earlier, this promotion is for pre-orders.

Also, the offer up on the website for a specific game means nothing, as proven by the $10 code for $50 in store pickup recently, which was listed on every single game regardless of release date.

My receipt shows exchange, but no go on the PO bonus. They had me go to cs were they 'canceled' the po and charged me new, I may head back up there and complain to someone. In store preorder mind you...

[quote name='DemonsMaster']The promotion is for pre-orders. I have already pre-ordered multiple titles in the list and have gotten/will hopefully get the $20 cert from multiple titles. I have not seen anyone able to get the cert after placing an order after the window for pre-ordering is closed. Because, as I mentioned earlier, this promotion is for pre-orders.

Also, the offer up on the website for a specific game means nothing, as proven by the $10 code for $50 in store pickup recently, which was listed on every single game regardless of release date.[/QUOTE]
Okay, don't need to state multiple times that the promotion is for preorders when I've already stated that I didn't suspect the promotion would be valid and THEN said that I was aware the promotion is for preorders. Can you please read posts, and its followup post before replying? Thank you.

[quote name='Evt']My receipt shows exchange, but no go on the PO bonus. They had me go to cs were they 'canceled' the po and charged me new, I may head back up there and complain to someone. In store preorder mind you...[/QUOTE]

Is the PO bonus supposed to show up on the reciept if you PO in-store?

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']Okay, don't need to state multiple times that the promotion is for preorders when I've already stated that I didn't suspect the promotion would be valid and THEN said that I was aware the promotion is for preorders. Can you please read posts, and its followup post before replying? Thank you.[/QUOTE]

If you knew it was for pre orders and you understand it's most likely not valid than I don't understand why you even bothered to ask the question. I'm not trying to be a jerk, just trying to understand why you claim you have common sense, ask a thread which title clearly states pre-order promo if you can get in on the promo after the ability to pre-order has passed. But I digress, I like your username and I have no problem with you. Good luck on your future endeavors with this promotion.

[quote name='Vigilante']Just as an FYI, unlike this $20 RZ certificate promo, if Borderlands 2 happens to drop to $39.99 on sale within 30 days, you won't be able to PM that since it essentially looks like you got a PM judging from that receipt.

Congrats on getting the PM, though. At least you were able to get in on this promo in some (metaphysical?) way by saving $20. :cool:[/QUOTE]
I'll be done with the game and have it listed on eBay before it drops. :cool:

[quote name='Friend of Sonic']I'm not sure how long you've been on CAG since I am on my phone, but there are many deals that don't strictly adhere to its terms. Many, many deals in fact.[/QUOTE]

Only a few years but I believe you, just don't see any evidence (I check this thread very regularly) from any other user that they were able to get in on the promo on release date or after.

they messed up my preorder as well.
says return on it, no codes for preorder dlc....
not only that, but the girl ringing me up was COMPLETELY disrespectful and was on the phone the entire time with other customers. I am done with best buy once i finish up these gift cards.

I reserved in store and picked up in store as well for my reservation. It says exchange and not return, but I don't see any code for the preorder bonus.

[quote name='superman89']they messed up my preorder as well.
says return on it, no codes for preorder dlc....
not only that, but the girl ringing me up was COMPLETELY disrespectful and was on the phone the entire time with other customers. I am done with best buy once i finish up these gift cards.[/QUOTE]

Mine says return on it also but the girl who checked me out knew everything about the promo and told me to not worry and that I'll get my $20 no problem.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Mine says return on it also but the girl who checked me out knew everything about the promo and told me to not worry and that I'll get my $20 no problem.[/QUOTE]

I dont see the prorder code anywhere on my receipt.
Nor did I get an email (it's been over an hour).
Nor does my purchase show up on my rewardzone account.

I am not holding my breath.... will have to waste more time later calling CS I guess.

Feeling like it might be better to get in on this deal for the potential of PMing and the certs rather than getting DoA5 (which I guess I want more since I loved DoA4, Ultimate, and 3 so much) with my Amazon credit and cash. Maybe pick that up at BB too, just don't know if it will see a drop within the usual time.

I should go look back and see if a game like NG3 got a quick drop.

[quote name='superman89']I dont see the prorder code anywhere on my receipt.

I am not holding my breath.... will have to waste more time later calling CS I guess.[/QUOTE]

Are you being serious?

[quote name='superman89']I dont see the prorder code anywhere on my receipt.

I am not holding my breath.... will have to waste more time later calling CS I guess.[/QUOTE]

Just called back the store about why it says return on my reciept and I forgot what she said but she made it seem like there would be no doubt that I'll get my $20. Also, about the preorder bonus she said that it wasn't printing out for some people or something like that and told me to just bring the reciept back to the store and they'll get me my preorder bonus, so I wouldn't worry if I were. At least I have a reason to go back to BB and pick up the poster I forgot to get :)

I don't know if this has been discussed a hundred times already but if I pick up Borderlands 2 today and I haven't pre-ordered it is there any chance I can still get the $20 reward zone points? I still see on the site next to the game under special offers there is still the $20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How next to it.

Here's my Best Buy situation

1) I pre-ordered 2 copies of Borderlands 2 online (for me and my brother)
2) I just received 1 email with the preorder digital bonus code

Should I expect to ever get a 2nd email? I have a bad feeling that Best Buy's system will register it as only one order, and thus only need to send 1 code.

Has anyone ever ordered more than 1 copy (in a single order) in a situation like this and received 2 codes?

Steps to get the $20 RZ cert and pre-order bonus for borderlands 2(in-store pre-orders only).

1. Pre-order the game with $5 deposit plus ensuring your RZ # is on the receipt.
  2. Pick up game at the gaming desk on release day, final receipt should say EXCHANGE in bold letters at the top. The receipt should contain the $5 deposit returned, the full $59.99 charge for the game, and RZ # on the SAME receipt.
  3. You will receive your pre-order bonus via the email attached to your RZ account.
The reason it needs to be done as an EXCHANGE is so that the system can verify you did indeed pre-ordered and came to pick up the game on release. If it says RETURN, it just meant that you canceled your pre-order, and paid for your game as if you just bought it on release date.
The pre-order bonus for borderlands 2 will be emailed so you will need an RZ account with a valid email address attached to it.

I have checked with Mike from BB corporate in the past on those steps and they are indeed the correct way to get the promo requirements verified. I also have followed those exact requirements since the Mass Effect 3 $20 gift card promo, and have never had a problem with any BB promo.

[quote name='htz']Steps to get the $20 RZ cert and pre-order bonus for borderlands 2(in-store pre-orders only).

1. Pre-order the game with $5 deposit plus ensuring your RZ # is on the receipt.
  2. Pick up game at the gaming desk on release day, final receipt should say EXCHANGE in bold letters at the top. The receipt should contain the $5 deposit returned, the full $59.99 charge for the game, and RZ # on the SAME receipt.
  3. You will receive your pre-order bonus via the email attached to your RZ account.
The reason it needs to be done as an EXCHANGE is so that the system can verify you did indeed pre-ordered and came to pick up the game on release. If it says RETURN, it just meant that you canceled your pre-order, and paid for your game as if you just bought it on release date.
The pre-order bonus for borderlands 2 will be emailed so you will need an RZ account with a valid email address attached to it.

I have checked with Mike from BB corporate in the past on those steps and they are indeed the correct way to get the promo requirements verified. I also have followed those exact requirements since the Mass Effect 3 $20 gift card promo, and have never had a problem with any BB promo.[/QUOTE]

what if i bought the game online and did store pickup, what would i have to do?

[quote name='htz']Steps to get the $20 RZ cert and pre-order bonus for borderlands 2(in-store pre-orders only).

I have checked with Mike from BB corporate in the past on those steps and they are indeed the correct way to get the promo requirements verified. I also have followed those exact requirements since the Mass Effect 3 $20 gift card promo, and have never had a problem with any BB promo.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I just saw the big 'EXCHANGE' in bold letters at the top, I got confused because it says 'return items' right underneath that.

Are you sure that you're supposed to get the Preorder bonus in an email because she did tell me to come back to the store if I didn't get it at the bottom of my reciept

[quote name='cacique']what if i bought the game online and did store pickup, what would i have to do?[/QUOTE]
As long as you have your RZ# attached to your pre-order online and picked it up in store you should be all set.
[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Yeah I just saw the big 'EXCHANGE' in bold letters at the top, I got confused because it says 'return items' right underneath that.

Are you sure that you're supposed to get the Preorder bonus in an email because she did tell me to come back to the store if I didn't get it at the bottom of my reciept[/QUOTE]
Yes I am sure. I still have the borderlands 2 pre-order bonus terms copy and pasted from Best Buy before they took it down in the OP. I also have multiple CAGs confirming they receive there code via email.

[quote name='DiaperDandee']I don't know if this has been discussed a hundred times already but if I pick up Borderlands 2 today and I haven't pre-ordered it is there any chance I can still get the $20 reward zone points? I still see on the site next to the game under special offers there is still the $20 Reward Zone Certificates: See How next to it.[/QUOTE]
The only official way to get the borderlands 2 $20 RZ cert today is to buy a GAMERs Unlocked membership on the same receipt with your RZ #.
If you are not a Gamers Club Unlocked member at time of pre-order, you must join in-store prior to game pickup or shipment. If you join on day of in-store pickup, enrollment must be on the same transaction as game pickup and member number must be provided to be eligible. If you join after game pickup or shipment, you will not be eligible to receive an award for that title.
^Follow those steps which I quoted from the fine print of the promo.

Looks like they rang my preorder up right. Exchange up top and return right below it. RZ number on receipt. When should I expect $20 and preorder bonus?

[quote name='KENFL0']Looks like they rang my preorder up right. Exchange up top and return right below it. RZ number on receipt. When should I expect $20 and preorder bonus?[/QUOTE]
Pre-order bonus should arrive within 24 hours after you pick up your game (That is based on my past experience including madden nfl 13). The $20 RZ points should take 30 days at max(I got mines in about 2 weeks from nfl 13).

Ok so I have another problem... When I picked up my game last night, she told me it says I preordered for PC but I preordered for PS3 and she said it only says PC because the SKUs for the PS3 and PC got mixed up or something like that and even though it says I PO the PC version I should still get the $20. I just got my PO bonus in my email but it's for the PC.... Wtf I hate my life, I can't even play BL2 because of this BS

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Ok so I have another problem... When I picked up my game last night, she told me it says I preordered for PC but I preordered for PS3 and she said it only says PC because the SKUs for the PS3 and PC got mixed up or something like that and even though it says I PO the PC version I should still get the $20. I just got my PO bonus in my email but it's for the PC.... Wtf I hate my life, I can't even play BL2 because of this BS[/QUOTE]
Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.
Only 360 or PS3 versions qualify for the $20 promo.

I preordered this yesterday but I won't be able to pick it up till the weekend comes. Will I still be eligible to get the preorder bonuses?

[quote name='htz']Pre-order bonus should arrive within 24 hours after you pick up your game (That is based on my past experience including madden nfl 13). The $20 RZ points should take 30 days at max(I got mines in about 2 weeks from nfl 13).[/QUOTE]

Ok thank you for your help, I just got my preorder bonus in my email :)

Best Buy's UPS Mail Innovations shipping sure is weak. Shipping notice on Thursday, left Tennessee on Friday, arrived about 30 minutes away on Sunday, and yet not delivered today.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Best Buy's UPS Mail Innovations shipping sure is weak. Shipping notice on Thursday, left Tennessee on Friday, arrived about 30 minutes away on Sunday, and yet not delivered today.[/QUOTE]

Yep - mine shipped 9/14 from TN and I'm in NC. Per the tracking information, I should receive it tomorrow, even though it was estimated for 9/20...

picked up my preorder without any problems this morning. Decided to upgrade to the vault hunter CE. My preorder code was printed on the reciept if anyone was wondering, also got a email with it about 5 minutes after leaving the store. I ended up selling off the bobblehead and CE DLC (skins/grenade) for $60 total. $40 for the bobblehead and $20 for the DLC. So for $40 I got the game, artbook and sticker pack. Pretty happy about that since I didnt really care for the bobblehead and DLC.

I think after I use up my existing credit with best buy that I am just done shopping there. They almost never deliver as promised. I love deals but it's getting to the point where it's just not worth the aggregation. I am tired of not getting preorder bonuses over and over again.

I preordered Borderlands 2 months ago, picked it up today and did not get the DLC printed on the receipt. I got no email either.
Told the store they have no clue. Call customer service they tell me to wait 48 hours when I know the email isn't coming.

This seriously isn't worth the few extra dollar discounts I get.

With Madden I didn't get the $10 online code.

With Darksiders I never got the Angel edition.

And most other games I've gotten I had to call numerous times and fight customer service just to get my dlc. I won't even tell the hell I went through last year trying to get my Baird dlc code for gears of war 3.

The deals are good if you don't mind the headaches I guess. Otherwise I'd advise people to just stay away.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Yes, I see that. Good job[/QUOTE]

I don't think your first post about the Sku mixup actually specified, but you picked up the PS3 version correct?

if that is the case then I would think a customer service rep should be able to help you out. it may take a few phone calls just to get somebody who knows what the hell you're talking about, let alone the 2 concerns of the pre order code and the 20 dollar cert.

[quote name='godsmack13']I don't think your first post about the Sku mixup actually specified, but you picked up the PS3 version correct?

if that is the case then I would think a customer service rep should be able to help you out. it may take a few phone calls just to get somebody who knows what the hell you're talking about, let alone the 2 concerns of the pre order code and the 20 dollar cert.[/QUOTE]

When I PO the game, I asked for the PS3 version, but instead it showed the PC version and I did not notice this until I picked up the game and the lady said when I picked up that I'll still get the $20 no problem. So then I get email today for the PO bonus DLC for the PC instead of the PS3. I go back up there and they notice it and fix it and give me the PS3 DLC code along with $5 back on my gift card for the inconvenience, as he's doing this I notice he returns my game and charges me $54.99, putting the $5 back onto the gift card I used (I did all of this after I my first post on this thread) so now Im like double fucked. Anyways I call reward zone about this and they look it up and tell me that they see how I was double fucked by the best buy store I went to and tell me that I have to wait 35 days to see if the points will post and if they don't, I just need to call back again and they'll fix it.... Sorry about the long post I'm just really fucking pissed since I've been directed to like 4 different CS departments all of which have told me "oh you have to call @gamer for that" or "oh you have to call reward zone for that" etc. I also had to drive back 15 miles to the store doing the midnight launch just to get my preorder DLC

While I feel that Best Buy consolidating all of their departments is going to suck, I was quite surprised that everything went semi-smooth today picking up my Borderlands 2 pre-order, and receiving the code on the receipt. The guy had to confirm the DLC pop-up on the screen for it to apply. It was odd doing all of it through geek squad instead of the regular registers, but I guess it didn't matter. However, if the geek squad guys are busy with computer issues, the wait will be very shitty. There was like 5 people waiting behind me and no employees available to help. I am sure at least one of my preordered games is going to get messed up. But today was actually good. Even received the email with the code as well before I left the store.

Also does anyone know if the PC PO DLC code that they gave me originally via email is still valid since they gave me the PS3 version at the store after this huge mishap. If so, I might just give it away or sell it

The best way to avoid a lot of these preorders blunders is to pay in full online with in store pickup. Just do it a couple of days ahead, less than 7 days. I haven't missed a $20 promo/5 for 100 or preorder dlc bonus since July of last year doing this.

[quote name='MaryMaryMary']Also does anyone know if the PC PO DLC code that they gave me originally via email is still valid since they gave me the PS3 version at the store after this huge mishap. If so, I might just give it away or sell it[/QUOTE]

Should still work.

[quote name='finstersucks']The best way to avoid a lot of these preorders blunders is to pay in full online with in store pickup. Just do it a couple of days ahead, less than 7 days. I haven't missed a $20 promo/5 for 100 or preorder dlc bonus since July of last year doing this.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I wanted to do that but when I tried to do in-store pick up like 3 days ago, it wouldn't give me the option to select it online

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back