Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys i am going to pick my game up tomorrow and the points are not in my account yet!!!! Screw best buy i am going to go pay full price at gamestop.

[quote name='chris00cm']I was reading here that Best Buy does not price match internet retailers. Is that true? That would mean you can not price match the Amazon price for Madden 13.[/QUOTE]

That is true. They never have. Only certain chains of BB do, like the BBs around mine do, but only for items sold and shipped by Amazon. Also only in store only.

[quote name='mgford11']Lol it's been 24hrs since you picked up FIFA? Chill out.[/QUOTE]
Admittedly my post came off bitchier than I intended but I purchased FIFA online more than 5 days ago. It finally showed up but doesn't show any bonus points. Borderlands shows 1000 but it isn't in my pending. I just hate dealing with CS and if this isn't a place to opine over first world video game problems, where is?

[quote name='jamesdevil']Admittedly my post came off bitchier than I intended but I purchased FIFA online more than 5 days ago. It finally showed up but doesn't show any bonus points. Borderlands shows 1000 but it isn't in my pending. I just hate dealing with CS and if this isn't a place to opine over first world video game problems, where is?[/QUOTE]

Well, when my BL2 transaction first posted there were no mention of any bonus points until a couple of days later. So give your FIFA points a little time to pop up. Also, It took a couple of days for the points to actually start pending once they were listed under the transaction.

If it doesn't show on you myRZ page within a week I'd call CS then. The myRZ is really glitchy and needs a little time to adjust itself

[quote name='Geco17']That is true. They never have. Only certain chains of BB do, like the BBs around mine do, but only for items sold and shipped by Amazon. Also only in store only.[/QUOTE]

Just went up to Best Buy and they price matched Madden for me. Sweet.

Might have to call and give it to them tomorrow

call last week to ask about my welcome package i never got when i signed up in may and got a email this afternoon saying then don't give away welcome packages with gamers unlocked and they don't have any

i was promised that when i signed up and they are with holding part of the reason i signed up and i will let them have it tomorrow

[quote name='Jay197']if i preorder black ops 2 do i get the Zombie version of nuketown 2025 map?[/QUOTE]

That Map is part of the Hardened and Prestige Editions. You get the multiplayer map of Nuketown 2025 though.

[quote name='Jay197']if i preorder black ops 2 do i get the Zombie version of nuketown 2025 map?[/QUOTE]

exactly what cancerman said. That reveal trailer from today has 1000x got me more excitied for black ops. Honestly zombies is the ONLY reason I will buy this game. Looks like I might only pay $40 for the HE ( Both $20 GC from borderlands and hopefully RE6). :D

[quote name='Royal High Knight']exactly what cancerman said. That reveal trailer from today has 1000x got me more excitied for black ops. Honestly zombies is the ONLY reason I will buy this game. Looks like I might only pay $40 for the HE ( Both $20 GC from borderlands and hopefully RE6). :D[/QUOTE]

will i be able to purchase the map in the future?

also i just saw the trailer a couple of minutes ago and zombies looks so good, looks much better than i expected.

these are the new game modes:
Zombie Modes

Treyarch revealed three modes during its preview event, detailing them in a presentation at the end of a day of multiplayer hands-on. One mode will be instantly recognizable to fans of other Treyarch Call of Duty games.

'Tranzit' adds scale to the original gametype, and acts as the primary mode for zombie players. Rather than be stuck in one location, players are free to explore a "big, giant, expansive world." Calling it "significantly bigger than anything [Treyarch has] ever created," Lamia promises players (playing solo or up to four-players co-op) can traverse on foot or via the bus featured in the zombies world premiere trailer above.

"Because it's open and because there are multiple locations in this world where you can play and where the infestation is, there's different strategies about how you can approach it," he adds. "It's a much bigger world with much more going on." Moving through the world in the bus has tactical advantages, such as speed; however, it isolates players and can become very difficult to escape from. Going it on foot "into the fog" – which players can do by themselves or as part of the group – also has its perks, but puts players in the middle of danger.

To aid in their survival, players can collection pieces of items from throughout the world, putting them together to create "buildables"; including weapons, tools and things to help open new areas of the world.

'Survival' has the "more classic zombies vibe," where zombie aggressors attack the player within a single area from the "expansive" Tranzit world. From its description, things work relatively the same as they have in the past: hole up, fortify your location and venture out to grab bonuses scattered throughout the environment when you find the right moment.

Survival areas are "carved out" of the Tranzit world and customized by Treyarch to act much like dedicated maps. Though Lamia wouldn't give an exact number, he promised players will have access to "multiple areas" in Survival that are designed to be played as a standalone section (solo or as a 4-player co-op experience). These areas feature the same gameplay zombie fans are used to, including magic items and 'Pack-a-Punch' machines.

'Grief' is a new mode, available for up to 8 players that takes the concept of Survival and adds a competitive twist. In this mode, two teams of four players are dropped within the zombie-infested Tranzit world and must outlive the opposing team.

"This is what I've called in the past '4z4,'" Lamia says, detailing a mode that breaks down to a simple descriptor of Humans vs. Humans vs. Zombies. "It's really humans versus zombies, because the zombies don't care what team you're on. They just want human flesh and brains."

In this mode, human players cannot kill each other; however, they can play with the world to put the opposing team in precarious situations – hence the name 'Grief.' The last human team standing wins the match.

Standard elements like blocking passages seem to be on the docket to make the other team's life harder, but Lamia says there are "new mechanics exclusive to this mode" that players can employ to grief the other team with. When pressed for details, Lamia wouldn't budge on what those elements are.

http://www.joystiq.com/2012/09/26/call-of-duty-black-ops-2-zombies-terrorize-an-open-world/

They did it with the CODWAW Zombie maps in the original BlOps, so I imagine so too. I think I'll have to change my preorder from the hardened to the regular edition. I hate steelbook cases anyway.

[quote name='advanced']They did it with the CODWAW Zombie maps in the original BlOps, so I imagine so too. I think I'll have to change my preorder from the hardened to the regular edition. I hate steelbook cases anyway.[/QUOTE]

Why do you hate steel books?

[quote name='advanced']They did it with the CODWAW Zombie maps in the original BlOps, so I imagine so too. I think I'll have to change my preorder from the hardened to the regular edition. I hate steelbook cases anyway.[/QUOTE]

Or you can keep your hardened and sell the zombie dlc code on ebay to hapless buyers and make a good chunk of change back.

Has anyone had any issues getting the RZ points when preordering a game and paying for it in full? I ask because I have RE6 and 2k13 next week and then Dishonored the week after and paid for all of them in full.

[quote name='panda911']Or you can keep your hardened and sell the zombie dlc code on ebay to hapless buyers and make a good chunk of change back.[/QUOTE]

I don't eBay. You have a really good point though.

Damn. My preorder for Fifa was for the wrong system. Going to pick it up today. Already paid for online.

If I change it in store to the right system, will it affect reception of the $20 rz cert coming to me? Anyone encounter a similar situation with a solution?

[quote name='chicagocubsfan']Has anyone had any issues getting the RZ points when preordering a game and paying for it in full? I ask because I have RE6 and 2k13 next week and then Dishonored the week after and paid for all of them in full.[/QUOTE]

Online? You'll get them posted/pending after you pick them up. Or at least that's how NCAA 13 worked for me.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Damn. My preorder for Fifa was for the wrong system. Going to pick it up today. Already paid for online.

If I change it in store to the right system, will it affect reception of the $20 rz cert coming to me? Anyone encounter a similar situation with a solution?[/QUOTE]see if they will just "swap" them w/o cancelling the order since that will be the simpliest way to go. If not, buy the game again in-store or online on the system you want FIRST(since this is the one you want to register in the system). You will also need to get the original one you ordered online. Wait till you get your points(nice that they've been posting early) & return the wrong copy. You could resolve this over the phone or on the forums page as well but this will avoid the need for that so it's up to u.

[quote name='TooPoor']Why do you hate steel books?[/QUOTE]

I don't care for them either. They look pretty, but the disc is much harder to get out of the case and I worry eventually the stress of taking the disc out is going to crack the disc. Now maybe that was only with MW3 Hardened, but I've been told they are all like that. I'd rather have a good old plastic case.

[quote name='Enuf']see if they will just "swap" them w/o cancelling the order since that will be the simpliest way to go. If not, buy the game again in-store or online on the system you want FIRST(since this is the one you want to register in the system). You will also need to get the original one you ordered online. Wait till you get your points(nice that they've been posting early) & return the wrong copy. You could resolve this over the phone or on the forums page as well but this will avoid the need for that so it's up to u.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for a timely assist.

Assuming I cannot get a simple swap and I'm not silver member (which is true), so if the points don't post early, then I will not be able to return my wrongly ordered preorder copy.

Unless I'm totally missing something in your suggestion...

I guess ill use my credit to preorder assassins creed, can I still pm even if I use mostly reward certs and giftcards to pay for it? Don't mind getting it back in store credit. I didn't see this in the faq

[quote name='Rumors']I guess ill use my credit to preorder assassins creed, can I still pm even if I use mostly reward certs and giftcards to pay for it? Don't mind getting it back in store credit. I didn't see this in the faq[/QUOTE]If you use RZ certificates, you should be fine with PMing if, when you PM, you mention to the employee that you used $xx in certificates to pay for the initial purchase. I haven't done this myself, but it's what I've heard from others.

Gift cards are like money, so there's definitely no PM-related issue in using them.

[quote name='jiggyteddy']Thanks for a timely assist.

Assuming I cannot get a simple swap and I'm not silver member (which is true), so if the points don't post early, then I will not be able to return my wrongly ordered preorder copy.

Unless I'm totally missing something in your suggestion...[/QUOTE]No, u can always return it I was just offering the best way to do w/o having to call. I'd wait till once you see the points/transacion prior to returning it though. You've already fulfilled the pre-order part of the promo so all that's left is the purchase.

[quote name='Vigilante']If you use RZ certificates, you should be fine with PMing if, when you PM, you mention to the employee that you used $xx in certificates to pay for the initial purchase. I haven't done this myself, but it's what I've heard from others.

Gift cards are like money, so there's definitely no PM-related issue in using them.[/QUOTE]PPL have reported that CS says they already got a lower price b/c of how the RZ certs make the receipt look. I'd just get a GC with the RZ cert & then use that instead plus there's no expiration.

Oh ok thanks Enuf.

Sounds like you're suggesting a swap right after I see the transaction post on the account. However, if the points are pending, then I would still need to wait for it to clear. And hopefully it clears before the non silver period is up.

[quote name='Enuf']PPL have reported that CS says they already got a lower price b/c of how the RZ certs make the receipt look. I'd just get a GC with the RZ cert & then use that instead plus there's no expiration.[/QUOTE]
...That's exactly what I argued when I figured RZ cert.'s would make PMs difficult. That'll teach me to just agree with people. #-o

[quote name='crunchewy']I don't care for them either. They look pretty, but the disc is much harder to get out of the case and I worry eventually the stress of taking the disc out is going to crack the disc. Now maybe that was only with MW3 Hardened, but I've been told they are all like that. I'd rather have a good old plastic case.[/QUOTE]

That goes for any case, though the steelbooks certainly do make it more difficult for removal.

This is why I keep all of my cases out in the garage and the games in media binders.

Trying to keep on-topic, I'm still on the fence for Black Ops 2. Borderlands 2 could keep me occupied for quite a while and I have Halo 4 pre-ordered through the MSFT Store because of their slightly better promo offer.

Actually, that seals it. Maybe I'll pick it up at $20 sometime early next year.

Heads up: I got an email with a mystery rewards cert from BB. It is titled:

• Mystery Rewards just for you. Uncover up to $5000 in certificates.‏

It is at least a $5 cert, but you don't know until you print it and go to the store.

Went in store used $30 in certs on nba and creed 3. Only did creed since they had some steels left. Why is it that I feel they will screw me over on my $20 for each somehow?

[quote name='Enuf']PPL have reported that CS says they already got a lower price b/c of how the RZ certs make the receipt look. I'd just get a GC with the RZ cert & then use that instead plus there's no expiration.[/QUOTE]

Ok but I am pretty sure RZ certs cannot be used to buy BBY gift cards. Unless that has changed. I have PMed with certs in the past also.

"Are there exclusions when using a reward certificate?
Yes, there are certain exclusions to using reward certificates. First and foremost, they cannot be used outside Best Buy stores or BestBuy.com. They also cannot be used to:

• Purchase Best Buy® gift cards
• Contribute to a PitchInTM account
• Pay shipping charges
• Pay sales tax

See the program rules for additional details."

[quote name='therealdanhill']Any reason WWE '13 doesn't have a bonus? Seems like a fairly big game that lots of people will get.[/QUOTE]

Mike Tyson Bonus
with WWE '13 pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii.
While supplies last.

[quote name='slowdive21']Heads up: I got an email with a mystery rewards cert from BB. It is titled:

• Mystery Rewards just for you. Uncover up to $5000 in certificates.‏

It is at least a $5 cert, but you don't know until you print it and go to the store.[/QUOTE]
\http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=329053

If you open the left barcode in a new tab or do "View Image", the final characters of the URL tell you the value. I, like many others, got a $5 one, which is still better than nothing.

i am really confuse after reading several responses from the previous pages, so does the rewardzone certif prevent you from pming or not? cuz i am planning on using it to preorder x-com enemy unknown

[quote name='advanced']I don't eBay. You have a really good point though.[/QUOTE]

Me neither, but for people so inclined I'd bet you would get at least $20 for the nuketown zombies code. People love nuketown and they love zombies. I can see them fetching up to $60 because people be crazy.

[quote name='htz']
Mike Tyson Bonus
with WWE '13 pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or Wii.
While supplies last.[/QUOTE]

His entrance song should be "In The Air Tonight", where halfway down the walkway he says "I love this part" and commences air drumming.

[quote name='slowdive21']Thank you! I usually only look at the deals thread, so I miss this stuff.[/QUOTE]
I saw this on a certain other site I was making my home for the last two weeks.;) I got a $5 certificate as well, but since I have never purchased a printer since I've never found a deal I would consider anywhere near good enough for one($10 max with more than a starter cartridge) I guess I'll have to go to my old standby when my PC was on the fritz(public library) to print mine up.

I really wish they'd just link it in your RZ account and let them just scan your RZ card to bring it up. It'd be so much easier.

As for this list, hopefully they'll add GTA V to it at some point, since that's the next game I'm actually buying. That should hopefully be out in April or May.:cry:

[quote name='Bosamba']His entrance song should be "In The Air Tonight", where halfway down the walkway he says "I love this part" and commences air drumming.[/QUOTE]

hard to believe, but he was my least favorite part of that movie....by far

[quote name='panda911']Me neither, but for people so inclined I'd bet you would get at least $20 for the nuketown zombies code. People love nuketown and they love zombies. I can see them fetching up to $60 because people be crazy.[/QUOTE]

I got $24 for the Crusader MP Character last year for Assassin's Creed Revelations. It is insane what people will pay for this stuff.

I'm always kind of shocked at the money some people will pay for a new character or some new maps via a code that if they had just paid the extra scratch for the version that came with the code in the first place it probably would've been much cheaper for them.

That reminds me though, I still have my Argul's Tomb code from Darksiders II, the Prototype 2 hardened steel vehicle armor, some Neverdead code and the Peter Pan code for Disney Universe I never used that I should list on here at least to see what kinda bites I get.;)

Yeah I usually throw up my pre-order DLC on eBay, but its always a risk since you're not covered for digital items and it would be very easy for someone to rip you off.

the most for a DLC I got was $98 i think for the Juggernaut DLC for Ultimate Alliance 2 on 360.

That is honestly my most regretful DLC non purchase ( all the characters)

Yeh the prices of the cosmetic preorder stuff is absolutely ridiculous. I'm pretty sure the Reach flame went for $90 in some cases. So when a dlc comes along that is of some actual worth, it goes pretty high. The zombie dlc for the first Black Ops was $40-80 I think, which is the price of the whole hardened edition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back