Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TooPoor']How do you "not" keep halo? Return it?[/QUOTE]
I would think so since the PM window is the same length of time as the return window. It's not like he wouldn't have other games to play in that time.

[quote name='JohnWayne']So anybody with a pitch-in card also have their card wiped clean when you check the balance on your account? Please tell me yes[/QUOTE]When I check, this message appears at the bottom: "There has been a system failure. Please try again later."

So...I guess I'll try again later.

EDIT: Use BBY.com's "Check Gift Card Balance" feature and enter your Pitch-In Card's number and PIN. The correct amount should appear.

[quote name='TooPoor']How do you "not" keep halo? Return it?[/QUOTE]

Correct. I am going to leave it sealed and since I have 60 days to return it I'll wait till the last week I can and then return it if no price drop happens.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Correct. I am going to leave it sealed and since I have 60 days to return it I'll wait till the last week I can and then return it if no price drop happens.[/QUOTE]

So steal $20 from Best Buy? Niiiiice :roll:

[quote name='JohnWayne']So anybody with a pitch-in card also have their card wiped clean when you check the balance on your account? Please tell me yes[/QUOTE]

Yes

[quote name='Vigilante']

When I check, this message appears at the bottom: "There has been a system failure. Please try again later."

So...I guess I'll try again later.

EDIT: Use BBY.com's "Check Gift Card Balance" feature and enter your Pitch-In Card's number and PIN. The correct amount should appear.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the quick response, I was scared for a second there.

[quote name='aircobra']So steal $20 from Best Buy? Niiiiice :roll:[/QUOTE]

So you assume that I am going to use the $20 certificate before I return the game? Niiiiice :roll:

Well then you would be assuming wrong. I have no intentions of using what I do not pay for.

[quote name='aircobra']So steal $20 from Best Buy? Niiiiice :roll:[/QUOTE]

They will deduct the 1000 bonus points and any other points he earned from buying the game from his RWZ account if he returns it at any time.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']So you assume that I am going to use the $20 certificate before I return the game? Niiiiice :roll:

Well then you would be assuming wrong. I have no intentions of using what I do not pay for.[/QUOTE]

I didn't assume that. They won't take away the cert when you return the game. So you'll still have it.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Correct. I am going to leave it sealed and since I have 60 days to return it I'll wait till the last week I can and then return it if no price drop happens.[/QUOTE]
You are silver too? Man, everyone I run into these days on CAG is silver:cry:

[quote name='aircobra']I didn't assume that. They won't take away the cert when you return the game. So you'll still have it.[/QUOTE]

Well if they do that then that is on them. My intent is not to scam them out of anything. I am not stealing anything from Best Buy, they are choosing not to remove the points that are not rightfully mine if I return Halo 4.

Just to be sure, do you guys think halo and COD (vanilla) will be available for pre-order all the way up until their release date? Because I really want to use my FIFA and NBA points on one of the games but since they are blockbuster games I'm afraid they might stop taking preorders. I usually preorder at GameStop for COD and halo so I don't know how BB manages their pre-orders

[quote name='JohnWayne']Just to be sure, do you guys think halo and COD (vanilla) will be available for pre-order all the way up until their release date? Because I really want to use my FIFA and NBA points on one of the games but since they are blockbuster games I'm afraid they might stop taking preorders. I usually preorder at GameStop for COD and halo so I don't know how BB manages their pre-orders[/QUOTE]I think that because they're blockbuster games, there might be more stock set aside for them and so you shouldn't have anything to worry about--their respective Collector's Editions are likelier to have preorders disabled.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Just to be sure, do you guys think halo and COD (vanilla) will be available for pre-order all the way up until their release date? Because I really want to use my FIFA and NBA points on one of the games but since they are blockbuster games I'm afraid they might stop taking preorders. I usually preorder at GameStop for COD and halo so I don't know how BB manages their pre-orders[/QUOTE]

I tried to pre-order NBA 2K13 the Friday before release and the system wouldn't allow it in-store. There is a cut-off on in-store pre-orders, but you should be able to pre-order both games online up to the Sunday or Monday before the release date and still be just fine...

[quote name='esalw822']I tried to pre-order NBA 2K13 the Friday before release and the system wouldn't allow it in-store. There is a cut-off on in-store pre-orders, but you should be able to pre-order both games online up to the Sunday or Monday before the release date and still be just fine...[/QUOTE]

depends because I pre-ordered Borderlands 2 right before Best Buy closed and came back to pick it up at the midnight release a few hours later and same FIFA 13

[quote name='Saix_XIII']You also realize that because they cannot exchange my pre-orders for when I pick them up that there is no way for them to actually cancel my pre-order and give me the $5. If they could do that then they could honor the pre-order itself. So either way they need to fix the issue because I have $20 in limbo at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

If you did go ahead and pre-order them again, it would save you the trouble of having to deal with CS for each of the rest of the games. Then you would only have to worry about getting reimbursed for that 1 original pre-order transaction. Granted, they may consider that 15 they gave you for your troubles as that reimbursement.

I had 1 pre-order do that to me before, place the pre-order when it was first eligible, but the game came out months later, after the system had basically cleared and finalized the transaction. It's been a long time, so idk if I'm remembering right, but your description of them just giving you a $5 GC to cover the pre-order to use on your pickup transaction sounds right. I'm sure I got what ever bonus was due me by doing it that way, because its obvious you fulfilled the pre-order/buy requirements when you look in the system, but I don't recall if I had to make a call to CS to get them to see that and authorize the bonus, or if it was automatic.

Borderlands 2 just paid out! I now have $100 in RZ certs for my Wii U! Hopefully Assassins Creed 3 can pay out in the same time frame (15 days) so I can have that cert in time for the Wii U too.

[quote name='foreinter']There will be a beta for warfighter on the 5th. That probably can help your decision.[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Good to know.

Best buy just turned all my points into a $25 cert dammit. Hopefully rz Certificates won't mess up future pm options.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']It looks like I'll be missing out on the $20 cert for re6 but I did get it for $10. The best buy employee who was attempting to price match Fry's accidentally made the game $10. While trying to get on the phone to fix it, they told me it was fine and to take off, I could use my pickup receipt as the sale receipt. Apparently they never go it corrected as all the credit was put back onto my gift cards and the order status was completed as $10 and tax. Perhaps best buy should allow their systems to work together so a online preorder can be met, price matched and delivered without a lot of hassle.[/QUOTE]

You preordered online for in-store pickup? You're supposed to call 1800BestBuy to PM. They aren't supposed to touch those at CS from my experience.

Off topic but does anyone have any idea how to do Co-Op in story mode on RE6? Do we need to get through the intro thing first with Leon or something? Have not figured it out to do it with two people on the same ps3.

[quote name='Deader2818']Off topic but does anyone have any idea how to do Co-Op in story mode on RE6? Do we need to get through the intro thing first with Leon or something? Have not figured it out to do it with two people on the same ps3.[/QUOTE]

You need to complete the Leon prologue first. It's about 10 minutes long. After that you can do coop.

A little late on pre-ordering NBA 2k13 in store, so I had to settle pre-ordering online, but it won't arrive until next week. Really wanted to play this game this week/weekend. I'm thinking to just pickup the game in store, and will return the copy shipped to me when I receive it.

Is the pre-order copy the same as retail copy? Just wondering how's the DLC provided on pre-order. Packaged inside the game or just as a separate card with code?

[quote name='gundie']A little late on pre-ordering NBA 2k13 in store, so I had to settle pre-ordering online, but it won't arrive until next week. Really wanted to play this game this week/weekend. I'm thinking to just pickup the game in store, and will return the copy shipped to me when I receive it.

Is the pre-order copy the same as retail copy? Just wondering how's the DLC provided on pre-order. Packaged inside the game or just as a separate card with code?[/QUOTE]

neither, you'll get the DLC by email

[quote name='perfectsil']neither, you'll get the DLC by email[/QUOTE]

Thanks. Anyone received their code yet?

[quote name='gundie']Thanks. Anyone received their code yet?[/QUOTE]

Haven't gotten mine for RE6.

On a side note, having trouble logging into myrz.com :cry:

If the DLC for NBA is anything like Borderlands 2 and RE6 then the employee must add it to your receipt at time of pickup. Something having to do with I believe F11 shows on their screen and asks if they want to add the Pre-Order DLC, which is free. Once they do that the redemption code is added to the receipt and emailed to you as well.

My RE6 wasn't even a pre-order purchase and I got the pre-order DLC because the system asked if I wanted it. It sounds like some employees just either don't give a crap or don't know what to do.

I remember when I picked the game up I asked if I could get my code printed on my receipt and they said that it was impossible for them to do that because the manufactuar (sp?) hadn't sent them any codes, only corporate does. It was even the fucking manager who told me... Dumb, dumb, dumb

[quote name='jza1218']Just got my NBA 2k13 DLC code from BB. Time to go sell it on Ebay.[/QUOTE]

Better hope I don't buy it, my favorite thing to do on ebay. Buy DLC and paypal chargeback. Never fails. Free DLC!

anyone ever have a problem with a PM because the employee said its within 5 miles even though you show them what it says onlinek?

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Better hope I don't buy it, my favorite thing to do on ebay. Buy DLC and paypal chargeback. Never fails. Free DLC![/QUOTE]

Are you trying to be clever or cool?

[quote name='ps3gamer35']Better hope I don't buy it, my favorite thing to do on ebay. Buy DLC and paypal chargeback. Never fails. Free DLC![/QUOTE]

Go fuck yourself

You are a douche.

[quote name='TheHelix']No Borderlands 2 code yet.[/QUOTE]

That sucks, did you contact them on their forums yet? They're still sending out codes to people who didn't get one.

Thanks for reminding me why I don't fuck with ebay because of scheming assholes like you

Except when the seller is smart and mails you the DLC codes with proof of delivery ... dumb ass

What's the deal with these reward certificates? Was I supposed to get one when I picked up my order, cause I picked up re6 yesterday and got nothing? Also was there supposed to be pre order dlc that I didn't get? If I don't get the 20 dollar reward certificate I'll just go back and return the game and pick it up later. Dumb.

[quote name='Darkfire']What's the deal with these reward certificates? Was I supposed to get one when I picked up my order, cause I picked up re6 yesterday and got nothing? Also was there supposed to be pre order dlc that I didn't get? If I don't get the 20 dollar reward certificate I'll just go back and return the game and pick it up later. Dumb.[/QUOTE]

Did you even read the OP? It takes around 30 days for reward zone points to show up in your account. Sometimes it can come faster, but patience is your best friend when it comes to waiting for your $20 cert.

I'm also shocked like the poster above me that someone using this site since 2006 didn't even bother to read the OP.

[quote name='etcrane']Except when the seller is smart and mails you the DLC codes with proof of delivery ... dumb ass[/QUOTE]

Doesn't matter, they can always say the codes you sent by mail didn't work and you will lose every single time. No protection for the sellers on digital items. Speaking from experience.

Getting the DLC code for my in-store pickup of NBA2K13 was a nightmare. I was in there for over an hour, shuffled between 6 different employees, all AFTER I got the game in my hand because the store was so understaffed that not the employees had to keep changing areas and registers to keep up that day. Eventually, I finally ran into someone who actually knew what to do so I could get the DLC printed on my receipt. I don't know if I'll ever do this kind of pre-order from Best Buy again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back