Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='6er']I cancelled cod and Moh. No point since I can wait until they are cheap.[/QUOTE]

Dont expect a sale on black ops until march at the earliest. You might find a used copy for a good price but COD games take their sweet ass time for sales, let alone a price drop. Shit MW3 is still $60 and Black Ops 1 is $40.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Well there has been no mention as far as I know of for dogtags. If someone would post a picture of said dog tags, that would be much appreciated[/QUOTE]

Best Buy had Dog Tags in little pre-order boxes I think way before the $20.00 in Reward Zone points was started as far as I know the stores sold-out of them very quickly.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Dont expect a sale on black ops until march at the earliest. You might find a used copy for a good price but COD games take their sweet ass time for sales, let alone a price drop. Shit MW3 is still $60 and Black Ops 1 is $40.[/QUOTE]

I wouldn't be surprised to see Black Ops 2 on sale right after xmas. It seems to have happened the past two years.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Dont expect a sale on black ops until march at the earliest. You might find a used copy for a good price but COD games take their sweet ass time for sales, let alone a price drop. Shit MW3 is still $60 and Black Ops 1 is $40.[/QUOTE]
After playing MW3 recently, I don't care about CoD anymore. Reskin of a reskin of a reskin of a reskin of a.......

Had more fun in BF3. It's more than running and gunning.

Im seriously thinking about going and preordering dishonored tonight..... but I cant make my mind up!! Compel me!!!!!! hahaha

[quote name='6er']After playing MW3 recently, I don't care about CoD anymore. Reskin of a reskin of a reskin of a reskin of a.......

Had more fun in BF3. It's more than running and gunning.[/QUOTE]

Zombies

[quote name='6er']After playing MW3 recently, I don't care about CoD anymore. Reskin of a reskin of a reskin of a reskin of a.......

Had more fun in BF3. It's more than running and gunning.[/QUOTE]

True, 20 minutes after playing mw3 on release date last year I was like, " WTF is this shit. I just payed $60 for something that looks exactly like mw2."

Black Ops on the other hand is different. Treyarch actually does put care and effort for the fans (not saying IF doesn't). Im mostly buying BO2 for zombies and mostly zombies alone. Hell for that reason I might also buy elite if need be.

Im currently trying to play battlefiled 3 after picking it up for $10 at BB and getting in on the free premium. The game is fun, but I suck online. I ess im to used to 360 and playing call of duty.

As for cigaro, dishonored looks cool. I honestly dont know much about the game, but many gaming sites were pumped for its release and said nothing but good things about at E3.

[quote name='cigaro']Im seriously thinking about going and preordering dishonored tonight..... but I cant make my mind up!! Compel me!!!!!! hahaha[/QUOTE]

I'm the exact same way. I might just preorder it online and redbox it on tuesday since I have a free rental code. If i like it, then I'll pick it up. If I don't, I won't

[quote name='Royal High Knight']True, 20 minutes after playing mw3 on release date last year I was like, " WTF is this shit. I just payed $60 for something that looks exactly like mw2."

Black Ops on the other hand is different. Treyarch actually does put care and effort for the fans (not saying IF doesn't). Im mostly buying BO2 for zombies and mostly zombies alone. Hell for that reason I might also buy elite if need be.

Im currently trying to play battlefiled 3 after picking it up for $10 at BB and getting in on the free premium. The game is fun, but I suck online. I ess im to used to 360 and playing call of duty.

As for cigaro, dishonored looks cool. I honestly dont know much about the game, but many gaming sites were pumped for its release and said nothing but good things about at E3.[/QUOTE]

I did enjoy BO better than MW.
You can't play it like you play CoD. I have been top score in a match several times with the least kills.

Dishonored already shipped so I'm waiting on reviews. If it looks bad then I might return it. I might just do a speed run, sell the DLC and oil lamp online, and trade in. Stupid people always pay stupid money for excluse pre order dlc. Might come out ahead that way.

Except that COD always goes on sale for 44 or 42 bucks at target the week after xmas.

[quote name='cigaro']Im seriously thinking about going and preordering dishonored tonight..... but I cant make my mind up!! Compel me!!!!!! hahaha[/QUOTE]

Do it, do it!

[quote name='Jay197']how do these pre order bonuses work?
i pre ordered black ops online, can i go instores and pick up the dog tags?[/QUOTE]
The dog tags are long gone. They were handing them out with pre-orders back in May. For those that pre-ordered online you must have the dog tags listed as an item in your order to receive one (They went out of stock around late August).

Random rant:
I hate the fact that the web only shows the points you earned/deducted, but not the balance associated with each transaction (like your credit card statement). With multiple batches of points coming in its hard to tell if the points balance is indeed correct and matches with every transaction. I had to make a spread sheet to take care of my OCD

[quote name='Poor2More']
Has anyone's purchase from release day pickup on NBA2k13 or RE6 show up on their RZ account? Mine hasent yet, and always show up within 48 hours.[/QUOTE]

I picked up NBA 2k13 on release day and I haven't gotten anything yet on my RZ account. I ordered online for instore pickup.

I got my RE6 Archives points this morning the only problem it is showing that I only paid $8.99 for the game not $89.99. So its only worth 16 points not the 160+ it should be worth with the 2X GCU bonus I get. I did pay in full with a pitch-in card that had money on it from old trade-ins I did that were on gift cards. Should I try and contact them about it now or is that a common occurrence? I really never kept track of my points before so I dont know if it will adjust itself back up to the coreect amount.

PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 ARCHIV 1 5768674 $0.00 $0.00

REWARD ZONE CARD 1 5426639 $0.00 $0.00

RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT 1 3346036 $0.00 $0.00

X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 ARCHIVES 1 5768656 $8.89 $8.89

PRE ORDER BONUS X360-RE6 1 5495625 $0.00 $0.00

Subtotal(Sales Tax does not earn points) $8.89

Sales Tax $0.63

Total $9.52

gift card/reward cert purchases dont earn you any points. They consider it double dipping.

my re6 posted as well, but I dont have the 1000 pending points like I do under fifa. Does anyone actually have the 1000 points pending for re6?

The 21 dollars I got for buying prototype 2 are showing up on my rewards. Same purchase time as my re6 pre order. I doubt I'll get the 20 dollar reward certificate or ever get the pre order bonus for re6. Probably just going to take my purchases back and cancel dishonored/the rest.

Think I'll just take my business elsewhere.

[quote name='edson13']gift card/reward cert purchases dont earn you any points. They consider it double dipping.

[/QUOTE]

To expand on that, you've already earned the points when you traded in your stuff.

[quote name='alexandertyler']Has anybody gotten their Borderlands 2 $20 promo yet? I have not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, mine cleared into my account some time ago.

[quote name='edson13']
my re6 posted as well, but I dont have the 1000 pending points like I do under fifa. Does anyone actually have the 1000 points pending for re6?[/QUOTE]
Mine posted, but nothing yet.

[quote name='edson13']my re6 posted as well, but I dont have the 1000 pending points like I do under fifa. Does anyone actually have the 1000 points pending for re6?[/QUOTE]

It usually takes a little while after your game has posted for the 1000 bonus points to show up under the transaction. Same thing happened with my BL2 order and the bonus points were added a couple of days after it posted to my RWZ account.

[quote name='KtMack23']My points posted for 2K13, but I don't have the extra 1000 points pending.[/QUOTE]

Same here, expect for Residen Evil 6. Ill give it till tonight or else!:bomb:

[quote name='Royal High Knight']Same here, expect for Residen Evil 6. Ill give it till tonight or else!:bomb:[/QUOTE]

If I were you I wouldn't even wait for tonight. I'd call em' right now and demand an explanation as to why your bonus points are not pending after picking up the game a mere 3 days ago. Let them have it I say, you might even get a free cert for all the trouble this has caused you. :lol::lol::lol:

[quote name='Gamer4life88']If I were you I wouldn't even wait for tonight. I'd call em' right now and demand an explanation as to why your bonus points are not pending after picking up the game a mere 3 days ago. Let them have it I say, you might even get a free cert for all the trouble this has caused you. :lol::lol::lol:[/QUOTE]

I might even sue best buy for the agony and torture Ive gone through waiting those 3 days for the points to show up and still nothing. ;)

[quote name='sgand']To expand on that, you've already earned the points when you traded in your stuff.[/QUOTE]

Yeah I know that but once I moved the gift cards I got for trading those games in on to a pitch-in card how could they even tell thats where the money on the pitch-in card originally came from. I thought the reason everybody was getting pitch-in cards was for the reason of double dipping. I thought you got points for putting credit on the cards and also when you bought something with it? Or did you just get credit when you added money or credit to it?

Do or die day for me here. With Columbus day on Monday that means no mail until Tuesday when I pick up Dishonored and it takes away from my 2K13 time. So, I'm hoping that 2K13 gets here today, though I expect it won't sadly.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah I know that but once I moved the gift cards I got for trading those games in on to a pitch-in card how could they even tell thats where the money on the pitch-in card originally came from. I thought the reason everybody was getting pitch-in cards was for the reason of double dipping. I thought you got points for putting credit on the cards and also when you bought something with it? Or did you just get credit when you added money or credit to it?[/QUOTE]

Just when you add to it. It would be sweet triple dip if it worked when u bought something with it, but no luck there, other then the few random points that show up, because it functions like a gift card.

[quote name='ajh2298']Yeah I know that but once I moved the gift cards I got for trading those games in on to a pitch-in card how could they even tell thats where the money on the pitch-in card originally came from. I thought the reason everybody was getting pitch-in cards was for the reason of double dipping. I thought you got points for putting credit on the cards and also when you bought something with it? Or did you just get credit when you added money or credit to it?[/QUOTE]

You already double dipped. You got points when you traded in your games, and you got more points when you loaded the same gift cards you got from your trade in onto your pitch in card. What your trying to do is triple dip. Also, pitch in cards are treated the same way as gift cards, so you will not be getting any points when you use it to purchase anything no matter what.

EDIT: DAMMIT! Ninja'd By Godsmack

I had the same problem with Madden and I'm having it again with NBA 2K13, I'm not getting the reward zone for pre ordering. Anyone else having an issue, I pre order online so I'm not sure if that could be the issue.

[quote name='ajh2298']Ok another question how do they treat price matching a game if you use reward zone points towards it?[/QUOTE]

They may look at you funny when your receipt already shows 40 dollars because of the rz cert, but if they do just clarify with them that you used it and then they should still be able to price match it correctly

[quote name='KMunley']I had the same problem with Madden and I'm having it again with NBA 2K13, I'm not getting the reward zone for pre ordering. Anyone else having an issue, I pre order online so I'm not sure if that could be the issue.[/QUOTE]

Pre-ordering online seems to be the best way to NOT have problems, so my first question to you would be is your reward zone linked to your BestBuy.com account?

[quote name='alexandertyler']Has anybody gotten their Borderlands 2 $20 promo yet? I have not.[/QUOTE]

I have not either and I picked it up on day 1

Just need some clarification I am hoping someone can help answer for me. This has probably been answered already but here it goes...

I too have my Resident Evil 6 purchase show up on my RZ account as of this morning and it also says 0.00 for the preorder bonus like it does for everyone else. I am wondering though, since I bought RE6 with $25 dollars in RZ Certificates and the rest in cash, will I still get the 1,000 pts for the purchase? Or did using those RZ Certificates negate my 1000 points preorder bonus since I didn't pay the full $60 dollars for the game?

Thanks.

[quote name='godsmack13']
Pre-ordering online seems to be the best way to NOT have problems, so my first question to you would be is your reward zone linked to your BestBuy.com account?[/QUOTE]

Yes it is, never have any issues getting any of my reward zone certificates prior, plus I'm a silver member so I figured there would be even less of a chance for an issue. So really only these pre orders are giving me issues.

RE6 and NBA 2K13 posted for me, sans 1000 points. I imagine they'll show up in 5 days too and then clear another week after that.

But man, I love using that RZ Credit Card for games. I picked up those two with RE6 getting a Frys PM, Lollipop Chainsaw for $20, a 1600 points card and Cinderella and I already have 451 pending from that transaction.

[quote name='icewolf74']Just need some clarification I am hoping someone can help answer for me. This has probably been answered already but here it goes...

I too have my Resident Evil 6 purchase show up on my RZ account as of this morning and it also says 0.00 for the preorder bonus like it does for everyone else. I am wondering though, since I bought RE6 with $25 dollars in RZ Certificates and the rest in cash, will I still get the 1,000 pts for the purchase? Or did using those RZ Certificates negate my 1000 points preorder bonus since I didn't pay the full $60 dollars for the game?

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

You should still get your points. Using a GC or rz cert does not negate this promo. As someone said a few posts back, it usually takes a few more days for the 1000 points to show up on the transaction once it shows up in rz.

[quote name='KMunley']Yes it is, never have any issues getting any of my reward zone certificates prior, plus I'm a silver member so I figured there would be even less of a chance for an issue. So really only these pre orders are giving me issues.[/QUOTE]

Odd. I know that Madden purchases were screwed up in the system for a lot of people, I couldn't view the purchase on BB.com. I wonder if 2K13 might be doing the same thing. At this point, the only other suggestion I would have is to wait the 35 days from pick up or ship date, and see if it shows up, and then call if it doesn't.

RE6 was the first game I pre-ordered at BB to get the $20.00(1000 points) bonus I just assumed that the "pre-order bonus" that shows up as $0.00 on the rewards page was just the extra in-game content you got for pre-ordeing.

[quote name='razrvamp']I have not either and I picked it up on day 1[/QUOTE]

There was a preorder card error that was supposed to be fixed, that BB never fixed. We will have to contact BB for the 1000 points.

[quote name='slowdive21']There was a preorder card error that was supposed to be fixed, that BB never fixed. We will have to contact BB for the 1000 points.[/QUOTE]But wasn't there a response in the BBY forums thread you created from one of the mods saying that if you "preordered" the PC version and picked up the "correct" PS3 version, you should still expect your points? Or is contacting them directly on the forum the way to go?

[quote name='Vigilante']But wasn't there a response in the BBY forums thread you created from one of the mods saying that if you "preordered" the PC version and picked up the "correct" PS3 version, you should still expect your points? Or is contacting them directly on the forum the way to go?[/QUOTE]

They did say that, but my transaction has already posted (as in not pending anymore) for borderlands 2. Worst case scenario, you get 2000 points. ;)

I've also heard that in order to fix it they would have had to done something differently at pickup.

Online order, in-store pickup of NBA2k13 on release day: The purchase finally appeared on my RZ account, but no mention of the pre-order bonus points. I'll wait the 30 days and hope the 1,000 points appears - if not, guess I'll have to call on the 2nd of next month.

[quote name='ajh2298']RE6 was the first game I pre-ordered at BB to get the $20.00(1000 points) bonus I just assumed that the "pre-order bonus" that shows up as $0.00 on the rewards page was just the extra in-game content you got for pre-ordeing.[/QUOTE]

Correct. What you want to keep an eye out for is at the bottom of the transaction, where it says total points earned for this transaction, is a line item that says "Gamers Club Unlocked Victory Can Be Pre-Ordered Bonus."

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back