Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo 2012

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
**Is Call of Duty Black Ops 2 part of the promo?
Yes, Mike from BB corporate have confirmed this multiple times. You won't see any mention of the promo due to publisher request.

Click here for discussion on the 2013 $20 [Unlocked] RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo.

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f800bed8a

As a Reward Zone Program Gamers Club [Unlocked] member, you get $20 in reward certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from a select list of titles.

Get $20 in Reward Certificates for each game you pre-order and purchase from the list of unreleased titles below:

Best Buy Pre-order bonuses
[customspoiler=Black Ops 2]
fo_codtag0506.gif

Free Exclusive Dog Tags
when you pre-order Call of Duty: Black Ops II on Xbox 360 or PS3.
fo_doublexp.gif

Call of Duty: Black Ops II Pre-Order Bonus
Test your skills with the Nuketown 2025 multiplayer map and gain access to Double XP Launch Weekend when you pre-order for Xbox 360, PS3 or PC. While supplies last
[/customspoiler]
[customspoiler=Far Cry 3]
fo_lostexp0401_2.gif

The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus
Far Cry 3, The Lost Expeditions Exclusive Bonus Mission Discover the secrets of the island's lost World War II ruins in two exclusive single-player bonus missions and blast away your opponents in multiplayer with the unlocked Type 10 flare gun.

Single Player Mission 1: Forgotten Experiment
Trapped inside a forgotten research facility, your only way out is through the crumbling ruins. To escape, you'll have to activate the old experiments and unleash an electronic storm that could be the end of you.
Single Player Mission 2: Ignition in the Deep
Inside an abandoned military silo, the only thing standing between you and freedom are Vaas' pirates and a forgotten missile leaking a lake of fuel.
Multiplayer: Type 10 Flare Gun
Unlock the power of a gun that's modified to shoot 10-gauge shells.
You'll receive a code via e-mail on the game's release date for in-game access to the bonus content. Valid e-mail address required to receive download code.
[/customspoiler]

Do I have to be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member to qualify?
Yes, in order to qualify for the promotion customers must be a Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] member at the time the pre-order is picked up or shipped.

If I am not a member of the Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked], how do I join?
You can only sign up for Gamer’s Club [Unlocked] in store. If you are signing up the day you pick up an eligible pre-order, the pre-order exchange and [Unlocked] sale must be completed on the same receipt.

Is this offer available for both in-store and BestBuy.com purchases?
Yes! Pre-orders and purchases placed both in-store and on BestBuy.com qualify.

Does it count on all editions of the game?
The offer is applicable on all Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of the game such as special editions, limited editions, collector’s editions, etc. (subject to availability). PC, Wii, or any other platform of any of the titles does not qualify as a purchase towards this promotion.

Can I purchase multiple of the same title and still qualify for the promotion?
You can only receive one $20 certificate for each individual title, regardless of version or platform.

There are twelve titles on this list. Can I get 12 $20 certificates if I pre-order and purchase all of them?
Yes! With this offer, members are eligible for up to 12,000 Bonus Reward Zone points if they pre-order and purchase all games.

How do I link my Reward Zone account to my BestBuy.com account to ensure my purchases are tracked?
Check out this handy post by Kyle-BBY with instructions on how to do so.

How long does this promotion run?
The promotion will end 7 days after the last game is released.

When will I get my certificates?
Reward Zone Gamers Club [Unlocked] members will receive their $20 certificate approximately 30 days from the date of pick up or shipping of each title as it is released.

Will I still receive my regular RZ points for making the purchases?
Yes, customers will still receive everyday points per the Reward Zone program rules.

Am I still eligible for all additional offers that might be available for the new games such as DLCs or free merchandise?
Yes, customers are still eligible for additional offers they may come available with these new releases.

If I return any of the games, will I still be eligible?
Any game returned will be disqualified for that title’s $20 certificate offer.

If I pre-order and/or purchase any of the above listed games using a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates, will they count as a valid pre-order and purchase towards the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A pre-order and/or purchase with a Best Buy gift card or Reward Zone certificates will count as an eligible purchase toward the $20 bonus certificate offer. The Reward Zone program rules regarding earning points when a gift card or certificate is used still apply.

If I find a lower price on the game will Best Buy price match?
Yes! Best Buy has a price match guarantee which can be found here.

If I receive a price match from an in-store or BestBuy.com purchased game, will I still qualify for the $20 bonus certificate?
Yes. A price match done in-store or on BestBuy.com within policy will not affect your eligibility for the $20 bonus certificate.

If you want more titles added alert BB of the games here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...o/idi-p/531520
PC Gamers request for PC games to be added here
http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Best-Bu...s/idi-p/528964
^Thanks Enuf!
[quote name='lordopus99']$20 Reward Zone Gamer's Club Unlocked for Dummies

1) You will not get your $20 RZ until around the 30-35 day mark (after purchase). Stop worrying about it until that point.
2) The RZ website is far from accurate. Proof in point, the RZ silver bar. Again, see #1. Patience is a virtue.

What does this mean on a purchase?
- RZGC UNLOCKED PO 10 DISCOUNT - Your 10% discount for Pre Owned Games. This will show up for ANY purchase (gaming or not) as long as you are Gamer's Club Unlocked.
- PS-(system)-(game) i.e. PS-X360-RESIDENT EVIL 6 - This is your preorder being deducted from the purchase of the game.

Preorder DLC Bonus - You need to have an email address associated to your Reward Zone account. This is the email address they will send your DLC code to. It typicially can take a day to obtain this. Potentially up to a week. Note your luck of getting this by the time you get home is a crapshoot. Wait a week and then call customer service if you haven't received.

FOR YOUR POINTS...
If your physical receipt shows like below, you should get your $20RZ preorder bonus.

EXCHANGE

Original Tran (Cust Serv Pin) Date

Return Items
Pre-order SKU PS-(system)-(game) 5.00-

Sale Items
SKU Name of Game for above 59.99

The complaining about these points/DLC need to die down. Come on guys/gals...

PATIENCE IS A VIRTUE[/QUOTE]
^Thanks lordopus99!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jcp42877']ended up getting an extra Dishonored DLC code on my dad's email for some reason. Called me and told me he got it and emailed me the code.

Up for grabs for anyone willing to trade/buy it. Otherwise it's hitting ebay since I already used my code in-game.[/QUOTE]

And you're sure the codes are different? Best Buy puts a code on the receipt and emails an identical code as a backup.

had 1000 pending points in my account this morning. They were not pending on my b2 or dishonored transactions. Now the 1000 points are gone and I do not have any certs.

Still waiting on my 1000 from B2 and 1000 from dishonored.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']And you're sure the codes are different? Best Buy puts a code on the receipt and emails an identical code as a backup.[/QUOTE]

Whew..glad you mentioned this. Had already made an ebay listing...had to delete it fast lol.

[quote name='jcp42877']ended up getting an extra Dishonored DLC code on my dad's email for some reason. Called me and told me he got it and emailed me the code.

Up for grabs for anyone willing to trade/buy it. Otherwise it's hitting ebay since I already used my code in-game.[/QUOTE]

Their system is wierd. I got my dishonored code and the 1 min later i got an extra nba 2k13 code. Were your codes labeled the same? My nba codes were labeled differently but had the same content.

Well, Dishonored Purchase dropped as pending but the 1,000 didn't Ill give it a few days like RE6.

Hope it went through well. They forgot to give me the Whale Oil lamp so they had to return the game and then re ring it with the lamp to give it to me. The top of it says Exchange so hopefully that keeps everything right.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']No pending points for Anthology edition, but its early.[/QUOTE]

Actually it's not early. Many of us already received our Dishonored $20/1000 points already and it's been ten days since release, so the points should already show as pending. There is clearly a problem on Best Buy's end and they are not responding to us on their help forums.

I got my Borderlands 2 preorder all perfect - DLC came in early and 1000 RZ points posted shortly after. Now, with Dishonored...I'm getting trouble from every direction. I couldn't get the Whale Oil USB Lamp from the Best Buy that i picked up in because they won't change their inventory for preorders done online. Now, I just realized that my Dishonored is not showing the 1000 points pending. I sent a PM to their Gaming Rep on the forums and giving it a few more days before I lose my patience.

The game came out 3 days ago. I've had my pending not show up for sometimes a week and without fail it always gets done. I hope this board is just a vocal minority and the majority of people doing this promo aren't freaking out daily to the CS reps.

Last year with the 5 for $100 promo we had to wait the entire 35 day standard waiting period (first world problems) and with this I'm getting 20 bucks cleared within a week most of the time. With their trade-in deals I'm going to end up paying mere dollars for several huge releases. It's a great promotion and the entitlement/demanding of people is ridiculous.

My freakin nba points keep appearing and dissapearing in my pending points. This is like the 3rd day in a row where they showed that I had them pending then i check later on in the day and their gone.

I kind of stopped caring if they show up or don't. I still have RE6 Anthology points not pending, let alone my Dishonored bonus ones.

I'm not worried though, because after those 30 days, all it takes is a little bitchin on the CS line and my $40 would be posted in mere minutes.

But, I have faith that won't be the route I have to take.

eh i just checked and my 1000 from Dishonored isn't showing up either. BL2 was automatically pending. Also my store only got 4 of the oil lamps....so didn't get one of those. lame

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually it's not early. Many of us already received our Dishonored $20/1000 points already and it's been ten days since release, so the points should already show as pending. There is clearly a problem on Best Buy's end and they are not responding to us on their help forums.[/QUOTE]

I'm not worried as I'm sure they will fix the problem. As long as I get it before Black Ops 2 I'll be fine. Worse case you whine to customer service they give you $20 gc and something extra for the inconvenience.

[quote name='jamesdevil']The game came out 3 days ago. I've had my pending not show up for sometimes a week and without fail it always gets done. I hope this board is just a vocal minority and the majority of people doing this promo aren't freaking out daily to the CS reps.

Last year with the 5 for $100 promo we had to wait the entire 35 day standard waiting period (first world problems) and with this I'm getting 20 bucks cleared within a week most of the time. With their trade-in deals I'm going to end up paying mere dollars for several huge releases. It's a great promotion and the entitlement/demanding of people is ridiculous.[/QUOTE]

Yes, and I have not only received the 1000 pending Dishonored points, but I was able to print out my certificate today. The pending points are important because they become valid 30-35 days from the date you preordered. Is the program supposed to work that way? No, it's not advertised that way but it does. So, given that the have chosen to run it in a way different than advertised, I don't feel bad about calling them out for posting the pending points for everyone who preordered RE6, but not the Anthology that I preordered.

[quote name='bojay1997']Actually it's not early. Many of us already received our Dishonored $20/1000 points already and it's been ten days since release, so the points should already show as pending.[/QUOTE]

Umm...it came out this week. So the only people that got their points already are the ones that call and complain.

[quote name='aircobra']Umm...it came out this week. So the only people that got their points already are the ones that call and complain.[/QUOTE]

I preordered Dishonored in August. My game shipped from Best Buy on Thursday of last week. It arrived on Tuesday morning and by Tuesday night, the points were pending. My points posted today and I was able to print my certificate. So, no, I didn't need to complain. Everyone I have seen post here and elsewhere already has their RE6 points pending. Mine don't appear anywhere other than the basic 2X points plus Silver bonus, so that's why I'm concerned. RE6 has been out for ten days now. The points typically start pending within 3-5 days.

My Dishonored purchase posted but no sign of the 1000 points. Should I be worried? I preordered it online the night before it came out, I already got the preorder bonus also

Can someone walk me through how do i pm a game in which i lose the receipt? Also in will not in any way affect the 20 bucks rz cert correct? Thanks!

Sigh, renewed my subscription earlier today (it would have expired on the 13th), and that took forever in the store since they didn't know what they were doing, on the reward site it still says that my account expires soon and didn't update, my points still aren't pending for RE6, and now I don't know if my account will be good tomorrow or not on top of that :/. I love this system I just wish it was a little better laid out overall (I did get a free COD @Gamer issue out of it, oh boy :p)

EDIT: Yay it added my year, that's good, hopefully the points will show up soon as well!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JohnWayne']Quick question, if I preorder two COD Black Ops 2s, will I get two nuke town 2025?[/QUOTE]
It's in the game so yes. It's not a real pre order bonus.

[quote name='darrenaw9']Can someone walk me through how do i pm a game in which i lose the receipt? Also in will not in any way affect the 20 bucks rz cert correct? Thanks![/QUOTE]

You can look up the purchase through your RZ number. I have done it plenty of times while I was in the vicinity of a Bestbuy buy I left my receipt at home. Just have them look it up on the specific game and tell them to price match it.

My 1000 for Dishonored showed up this morning too.

Still no RE6 Anthology though. Seeing as how it's not even pending, I feel like just calling CS and asking them to manually enter it. If its not shown up now, not a chance in hell it's gonna randomly show up 25 days from now. And I need that cert cleared by the time Black ops 2 is out..

[quote name='jcp42877']Whew..glad you mentioned this. Had already made an ebay listing...had to delete it fast lol.[/QUOTE]

After reading this post, I noticed that I also got 2 codes. Originally, I thought I got 2 emails with the same code, but after reading this post, I went back and checked and noticed that I did indeed get two different codes. Mistake?

I've had that happen to me a few times at Best Buy now where they email 2 different codes for the DLC bonus, kind of nice lol

[quote name='MoCiWe']I've had that happen to me a few times at Best Buy now where they email 2 different codes for the DLC bonus, kind of nice lol[/QUOTE]

Are both codes valid?

[quote name='jcp42877']My 1000 for Dishonored showed up this morning too.

Still no RE6 Anthology though. Seeing as how it's not even pending, I feel like just calling CS and asking them to manually enter it. If its not shown up now, not a chance in hell it's gonna randomly show up 25 days from now. And I need that cert cleared by the time Black ops 2 is out..[/QUOTE]

same situation here: over 2,000 points pending from borderlands 2 and dishonored but no 1,000 from anthology

[quote name='jcp42877']My 1000 for Dishonored showed up this morning too.

Still no RE6 Anthology though. Seeing as how it's not even pending, I feel like just calling CS and asking them to manually enter it. If its not shown up now, not a chance in hell it's gonna randomly show up 25 days from now. And I need that cert cleared by the time Black ops 2 is out..[/QUOTE]

good luck with that.. when I called they treated me like a peon and told me to wait and there is nothing they could do

I said, explain to me why I have 1,000 points pending for dishonored, but not for resident evil that I purchased 1 week earlier.. and they just told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that I had to wait 35 days and they have no explanation

[quote name='da_man1980']After reading this post, I noticed that I also got 2 codes. Originally, I thought I got 2 emails with the same code, but after reading this post, I went back and checked and noticed that I did indeed get two different codes. Mistake?[/QUOTE]

when you first posted I was going to say that that happened to me too, then you said it was the same so I didn't..

but when I preordered borderlands I got a different code emailed to me then what was on my receipt. Bestbuy must have some errors.. hope they didn't email me someone elses code cause I sold both.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']when you first posted I was going to say that that happened to me too, then you said it was the same so I didn't..

but when I preordered borderlands I got a different code emailed to me then what was on my receipt. Bestbuy must have some errors.. hope they didn't email me someone elses code cause I sold both.[/QUOTE]

The first e-mail I got, the code was the same as the one on the receipt. I received another e-mail a few days later with a different code.

[quote name='da_man1980']Are both codes valid?[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I tested both on 360 by entering them and backing out before downloading just to see if they worked and they both were different codes for the DLC.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']good luck with that.. when I called they treated me like a peon and told me to wait and there is nothing they could do

I said, explain to me why I have 1,000 points pending for dishonored, but not for resident evil that I purchased 1 week earlier.. and they just told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that I had to wait 35 days and they have no explanation[/QUOTE]

Yep, I think there is almost no chance the RE6 collector's edition points are going to show up on their own. Several of us have posted and pm'd the mods on the Best Buy help forums and so far we have been completely ignored. Regardless of what anyone says about the 30-35 days, in every prior game release under this program, the points pend in 3-7 days after release/pickup. They then post 30-35 days from when the preorder was made. There is clearly a problem with RE6 CE and I don't want to have to spend 30-45 minutes a month from now explaining something to a CSR who knows nothing about it, especially after the return window has closed.

No need to panic guys.

Surely I cannot speak for everyone and their experiences, but RZ seems to be lagging quite a bit as opposed to a few months ago.

Give it some time, and it will work itself out... somehow. I used to hit the panic button after one week from pick up if points didn't at the very least show up as pending. But lately it takes about 2-3 weeks. Now I just hit the panic button in the 3rd week.

[quote name='jrr6415sun']good luck with that.. when I called they treated me like a peon and told me to wait and there is nothing they could do

I said, explain to me why I have 1,000 points pending for dishonored, but not for resident evil that I purchased 1 week earlier.. and they just told me that I didn't know what I was talking about and that I had to wait 35 days and they have no explanation[/QUOTE]

It worked lol. For some reason the girl on the CS line seemed a bit ignorant, and for some reason intimidated by me and she just said she adjusted my points.

Checked 15 mins later and I had my normal 1,306 points pending and a $20 RZ cert ready to use. I assume she just took my word for it because I explained the deal 2 or 3 times to her and how something was processed wrong with RE6 and that my points should AT least be pending.

Dishonored points should be available along with my $10 worth of normal points by the first week in Nov. if I'm lucky and it works out like most of my other certs have, I should have em by the last week this month.

[quote name='panda911']Great news everybody! BBY plans on matching Online retailers for the holidays. :hot: :hot: :hot: Possible $20-30 games?[/QUOTE]

I've got swinging Richard from this post

[quote name='panda911']Great news everybody! BBY plans on matching Online retailers for the holidays. :hot: :hot: :hot: Possible $20-30 games?[/QUOTE]

Who will they be pricematching? Amazon? All they do is pricematch BBY and GS.

[quote name='PhilsUtley26']I hope Fry is on that list.

Still no pending points for RE6. Guessing we will all have to call and get points manually.[/QUOTE]

Uh just wait it out first ... criminy.

[quote name='209chromatic']Who will they be pricematching? Amazon? All they do is pricematch BBY and GS.[/QUOTE]

Retailers who operate in the online space.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back