Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='usrevenge']atm GTAV is the only title I would even consider, the other things look short and rather wait a month or 2 and get half off. unless GTAV is as bad as 4 then it is almost guaranteed to be fun for weeks.[/QUOTE]

Ha ha ha ha ha ha! You must have some pretty awesome crystal ball to know ALL those games will be short and half price after a month or 2....which by the way would make them price match eligible.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']Please shut up with saying GTA 4 is bad, there's a reason it's one of the highest rated games of all time.

Yes, you may want to pretend it makes you a better person saying the game is bad while you hold a pinky in the air but all it does is show you have awful taste, and that's nothing to brag about.[/QUOTE]

Story could have been better and less repetitive but I loved the graphics and game play. Hours of fun with friends and crashing helicopters.

*siiiiiiiiiigh*

When I picked up FC3 last week, I had to go to Store Pickup, not Customer Service; I wish they didn't leave preorders there, because the employee I got had no real clue how to process a preorder.

He returned the $5 preorder, handed me the $5 on a gift card--I knew I was screwed at this point since that never happened with my prior pickups--and rang up FC3 in a separate transaction, asking for the $5 GC when it was time to pay. Oddly enough, I did get the preorder bonus on the receipt and emailed to me, but for whatever reason, I don't see my Silver membership information on the receipt anywhere, and the transaction hasn't appeared in any way, shape, or form on RZ.com (while purchases I've made since then are already visible/pending). I didn't do anything right away since I was holding out hope that the $20 would appear--why else would I have gotten the preorder bonus without my having to ask?

I've already done "Report missing points" for the transaction itself, though I doubt this will help with the 1000 RZ points. I want to send a PM to a gaming mod on the BBY forums, but I figure I should wait until it's been a week since my "pickup" (Wednesday). Man, I wish I could remember the name of that employee so I can tell someone about him; I don't think he's a bad employee, he just completely lacks the training he should have gotten before being assigned to Store Pickup. Also, I don't mean to sound arrogant, but he came across as sort of...unmotivated. :\

Another example: When I bought a couple of games with @Gamer coupons, he didn't scan the coupon barcodes, but he entered them into the register as manufacturer coupons--this means that I got the flat $$ amount taken off the purchase, but unlike with @Gamer coupons, I didn't get the associated tax deducted as well (e.g., $20 off a game would equate to $20+tax off the purchase)!

*grumble grumble* :bomb:

[quote name='Vigilante']*siiiiiiiiiigh*

When I picked up FC3 last week, I had to go to Store Pickup, not Customer Service; I wish they didn't leave preorders there, because the employee I got had no real clue how to process a preorder.

He returned the $5 preorder, handed me the $5 on a gift card--I knew I was screwed at this point since that never happened with my prior pickups--and rang up FC3 in a separate transaction, asking for the $5 GC when it was time to pay. Oddly enough, I did get the preorder bonus on the receipt and emailed to me, but for whatever reason, I don't see my Silver membership information on the receipt anywhere, and the transaction hasn't appeared in any way, shape, or form on RZ.com (while purchases I've made since then are already visible/pending). I didn't do anything right away since I was holding out hope that the $20 would appear--why else would I have gotten the preorder bonus without my having to ask?

I've already done "Report missing points" for the transaction itself, though I doubt this will help with the 1000 RZ points. I want to send a PM to a gaming mod on the BBY forums, but I figure I should wait until it's been a week since my "pickup" (Wednesday). Man, I wish I could remember the name of that employee so I can tell someone about him; I don't think he's a bad employee, he just completely lacks the training he should have gotten before being assigned to Store Pickup. Also, I don't mean to sound arrogant, but he came across as sort of...unmotivated. :\

Another example: When I bought a couple of games with @Gamer coupons, he didn't scan the coupon barcodes, but he entered them into the register as manufacturer coupons--this means that I got the flat $$ amount taken off the purchase, but unlike with @Gamer coupons, I didn't get the associated tax deducted as well (e.g., $20 off a game would equate to $20+tax off the purchase)!

*grumble grumble* :bomb:[/QUOTE]
Did he ask for your RZ info at anytime during the Far Cry 3 transaction? We all know that is a big problem. WE have to be on top of it.

[quote name='koruwa']Halo can still be pm'd due to the holiday return policy right?[/QUOTE]

I'd like to know this as well

I just got back from BestBuy and can confirm that anything between November 4th and January 1st can be price matched. Just did the Halo 4 price match on the two copies I bought. Also did a price match on Far Cry 3 & Hitman Absolution in order to get the $40 gift card which is part of BestBuys current ad. So Paid $50 originally for each copy of Halo 4 (Frys pricematch day of release). Got a $20 RZ Cert for one copy, then price matched both down to $40 each. So all in all $30 for each copy. I love me some BestBuy.

[quote name='ironmenpb']Yes it can? I'm like 3 days passed my 30 days.[/QUOTE]
1. Best Buy will match the price if you find a lower price on an identical available product at a local retail competitor's store, a local Best Buy retail store or BestBuy.com through January 24, 2013. Simply let us know when you are making your purchase or during the return and exchange period.

The Guarantee does not apply to: Our competitors' Web site prices, offers that include financing, bundling of items, free items, pricing errors, mail-in offers, competitors' service prices, items that are advertised as limited-quantity, out of stock, open-box, clearance, refurbished/used items, Deal of the Day items, BestBuy.com Midnight Sale and special hour sale events, BestBuy.com Clearance & More and Marketplace items, and items for sale. Thanksgiving Day through the Monday after Thanksgiving.
As long as it doesn't fall into anything in the red section you can price match till January 24, 2013.

[quote name='klimb22']Did he ask for your RZ info at anytime during the Far Cry 3 transaction? We all know that is a big problem. WE have to be on top of it.[/QUOTE]What tripped me up is that I remember confirming my personal information on the touchpad (you know, for credit cards) for both transactions, and like I said, I was emailed the preorder bonus code, so somehow he got my information (or at least my email address); I'm a bit confused as to how my RZ info wasn't entered.

But yeah, I know we should be on top of it. Either way, though, I wouldn't have gotten the $20 in RZ points thanks to him returning the preorder.

[quote name='htz']As long as it doesn't fall into anything in the red section you can price match till January 24, 2013.[/QUOTE]

Oh and RZ silver members have until February 22nd. I'm still amazed!

[quote name='Vigilante']What tripped me up is that I remember confirming my personal information on the touchpad (you know, for credit cards) for both transactions, and like I said, I was emailed the preorder bonus code, so somehow he got my information (or at least my email address); I'm a bit confused as to how my RZ info wasn't entered.

But yeah, I know we should be on top of it. Either way, though, I wouldn't have gotten the $20 in RZ points thanks to him returning the preorder.[/QUOTE]
Hmmm...the first one was definitely for the return of the $5, maybe there was a spot for him to enter your info for the DLC, but needed to re-enter it for the actual transaction. I vaguely remember being asked for my RZ info 3 or more times when I picked up my Far Cry 3.

I hope doing the missing receipts thing gets you your bonus RZ points without having to wait and call in.

As always folks, if you don't see Your name here, Thanks for shopping at Best Buy today! under your transaction on the receipt then your RZ info was not entered.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Also have 1,000 pending for Far Cry 3.

zeb06-As long as they do a price match (top of receipt) you will be fine.[/QUOTE]

Hmm...i preordered online so I guess I could ask before they give the credit to make sure. Then if anything does happen I'm sure CS would fix it no problem but hopefully it'll be good.

I apologize if it's already been explained but can somebody fill me in on how to properly get a "price-match" AND not lose your 1000RZ pts from the pre-order deal?

My experience is that they always do a return and repurchase with price-adjust when I get a price-match and thus the 1000pt bonus would go away on the "return" step and would NOT come back on the "regular" repurchase with price-adjust.

[quote name='woodcan']I apologize if it's already been explained but can somebody fill me in on how to properly get a "price-match" AND not lose your 1000RZ pts from the pre-order deal?

My experience is that they always do a return and repurchase with price-adjust when I get a price-match and thus the 1000pt bonus would go away on the "return" step and would NOT come back on the "regular" repurchase with price-adjust.[/QUOTE]

Same here except I ordered online for my last two games, so no idea how they'd do an adjustment for online orders.

My farcry 3 points are pending now too

Funny thing is they a pending under the pricematch transaction and not the original transaction

Does anybody know if RZ certificates can still be used for a Visa Prepaid debit card like last year, Im wondering this because Im thinking about upgrading me and my mothers phones to ipohnes and both phones would come with 100 dollars in certificates

Killer deal too BB is basically paying me 50 dollars to upgrade to an Iphone 4s so Im thinking why the hell not

[quote name='htz']As long as it doesn't fall into anything in the red section you can price match till January 24, 2013.[/QUOTE]

Thanks htz

I havent gotten my $20 for halo 4 yet but I was randomly issued a $50 cert today. Which is weird cause I have my RZ certs set at $5

[quote name='Lord Hamm']My farcry 3 points are pending now too

Funny thing is they a pending under the pricematch transaction and not the original transaction

Does anybody know if RZ certificates can still be used for a Visa Prepaid debit card like last year, Im wondering this because Im thinking about upgrading me and my mothers phones to ipohnes and both phones would come with 100 dollars in certificates

Killer deal too BB is basically paying me 50 dollars to upgrade to an Iphone 4s so Im thinking why the hell not[/QUOTE]
Enuf stated that BB no longer allows this. The system does not allow it as a form of payment for PP Visas.

Well, the transaction in which I bought Far Cry 3 and the preorder bonus is pending now, but no 1000 points. I know that's not enough to conclude they won't appear, but based on what I went through for that transaction, I think I'm going to PM a BBY forums mod.

[quote name='klimb22']Someone refresh my memory. Who's going to have Far Cry 3 on sale next week so we can PM?[/QUOTE]

TRU next week. Fry's today and tomorrow.

[quote name='Vigilante']Well, the transaction in which I bought Far Cry 3 and the preorder bonus is pending now, but no 1000 points. I know that's not enough to conclude they won't appear, but based on what I went through for that transaction, I think I'm going to PM a BBY forums mod.[/QUOTE]

I think they botched my pre-order with a manual override. My points still have not shown up on the transaction on myrewardzone.com and it looks like they sold me the "preorder bonus" instead of ringing up the actual pre-order. You know for BB having been doing these pre-orders for a while now you'd think they would have ironed out these details by now.

My Far Cry 3 points have cleared - every transaction went smoothly for me with the 2012 promo, can't wait to do it again in 2013. I'll have that next gen Xbox paid for with all RZ certificates!

So I bought Hitman absolution for $60 with the $20gc 2 weeks ago. It's 39.99 now at GS and amazon, can I go back in store and get $20 back?

This is still a good program (I'm not putting it down or anything), but I don't think I'll be taking part in it next year. I was only able to get Assasin's Creed 3 price matched, and even that required a hassle. Although paying $40 for Borderlands 2 didn't bother me, the $40 copy of Dishonored sitting next to my whale oil lamp seems like such a waste.

By the time I'd get around to playing South Park, Bioshock Infinite, or The Last of Us they'll certainly be cheaper than $40.

:shock: Um...wow...I'm totally and utterly speechless right now.

Someone managing myrz.com must be on the ball, because I now have the 1000 points from FC3 pending, even though I was sure that transaction wasn't processed correctly.

That's pretty awesome. \\:D/

[quote name='roger watersmelon']This is still a good program (I'm not putting it down or anything), but I don't think I'll be taking part in it next year. I was only able to get Assasin's Creed 3 price matched, and even that required a hassle. Although paying $40 for Borderlands 2 didn't bother me, the $40 copy of Dishonored sitting next to my whale oil lamp seems like such a waste.

By the time I'd get around to playing South Park, Bioshock Infinite, or The Last of Us they'll certainly be cheaper than $40.[/QUOTE]This really is the best program if you're able to play the games you get immediately or soon after you pick them up; to that end, I think I'll be a bit choosier with my preorders for next year (for instance, I think I can wait for Dead Space 3 to drop, but I'm picking up The Last of Us DAY-ONE, son ;)).

[quote name='roger watersmelon'] I was only able to get Assasin's Creed 3 price matched, and even that required a hassle. [/QUOTE]
I would call up Best Buy about that and then have a talk with your store, there's no reason why any of your matches should have been a problem.

I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and was able to price match all of them down to $40 (i have silver status and did all my PMs over the phone because I did in-store pickup or had it shipped to home).

[quote name='plus1zero']So I bought Hitman absolution for $60 with the $20gc 2 weeks ago. It's 39.99 now at GS and amazon, can I go back in store and get $20 back?[/QUOTE]

YMMV. The original transaction shows up as a bundle. A lot of people have already tried and most have reported that the store will ask for the GC back.

Did anyone get a $10 RZ certificate in the mail? I got one in my account online and just got one in the mail.

Edit: nvm just tried to use and says its been redeemed so it must be the same one from the one you got in your account online

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Dund3r']I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and was able to price match all of them down to $40 (i have silver status and did all my PMs over the phone because I did in-store pickup or had it shipped to home).[/QUOTE]

How did you get Call of Duty for $40?

[quote name='Dund3r']I bought all of the games from the 2012 promo and was able to price match all of them down to $40 (i have silver status and did all my PMs over the phone because I did in-store pickup or had it shipped to home).[/QUOTE]

Do you need silver status to pm over the phone?

Also, does anyone know if this deal is good for limited editions? Looking to get the songbird version of bioshock.

[quote name='xplode427']Do you need silver status to pm over the phone?

Also, does anyone know if this deal is good for limited editions? Looking to get the songbird version of bioshock.[/QUOTE]

No.

Yes.

[quote name='Jaysonguy']I would call up Best Buy about that and then have a talk with your store, there's no reason why any of your matches should have been a problem.[/QUOTE]
I wasn't very clear, the hassle wasn't the store's fault. I tried to have them price match K-mart(?) on the day I picked it up, and there was an issue with the system not giving me back the $5 I already put down nor was it pricematching correctly. They eventually just called over a manager and did a price override to mark it down to $45.

Of course, if the game had dropped again I was going to have a hard time explaining that they should give me back $5 more than the actual difference since I paid $50 and not the $45 indicated on the receipt.

Awesome...$10 back for Black Ops and $20 back for FC3.

Can someone tell me exactly how to do a "post-purchase" price match at BBY from another retailer?

I've done several where I match BBY's current price, but never have gotten them to match another competitor price with a game I bought FROM BBY.

I just don't want them to take back any of my certs, etc.

[quote name='cancerman1120']I just PMed FC3 to $50...should be my last pm unless they drop to $30-35 which I doubt.[/QUOTE]

The PM period does go to January 24th, I believe. Plenty of time.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back