Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='plastik3000']I already PM'd Far Cry 3 to 49.99. Am I allowed to PM again to 39.99?[/QUOTE]

Absolutely. I didn't have a problem last time when I PMed AC III twice.

[quote name='jcp42877']Awesome...$10 back for Black Ops and $20 back for FC3.

Can someone tell me exactly how to do a "post-purchase" price match at BBY from another retailer?

I've done several where I match BBY's current price, but never have gotten them to match another competitor price with a game I bought FROM BBY.

I just don't want them to take back any of my certs, etc.[/QUOTE]

It's the same thing. If you purchased online, call BBY and tell them you need to price match a bestbuy.com order. Be ready with the phone number of the local B&M store that has the item on sale and in stock (ie, for next week a local Target - you can check stock inventory online). The CS person will call the store (so make sure you do it during business hours) and confirm that they have the item in stock and at that price, then do the price match.

If you purchased in store, just bring the Sunday ad and your receipt to the CS counter and show them the price and ask for a match.

[quote name='coopscohen']Absolutely. I didn't have a problem last time when I PMed AC III twice.[/QUOTE]

This. You can PM as many times as you want during the PM period.

Since the 2012 topic is closed, here's a question regarding Far Cry 3 -

I pre-ordered it November 18th and picked it up December 4th. I already received the 1000 points for it but what I want to know is, is there a way to get the Lost Expeditions pre-order bonus? I never received an email and until today, forgot about it. Thanks.

[quote name='Gamer4life88']Awesome, I was going to PM Far Cry 3 tomorrow but I'll wait until Sunday. I'll be getting $30 back for that and Black Ops. This is why should should always jump on every $20 RWZ promo game. $20 + tax day one, can't beat that. Thanks htz.[/QUOTE]

Oh, wait nvm.

[quote name='dan77733']Since the 2012 topic is closed, here's a question regarding Far Cry 3 -

I pre-ordered it November 18th and picked it up December 4th. I already received the 1000 points for it but what I want to know is, is there a way to get the Lost Expeditions pre-order bonus? I never received an email and until today, forgot about it. Thanks.[/QUOTE]

My pre-order codes were also not sent automatically like they usually do after I pick up the game. Refer to this thread on Best Buy's gaming support forum: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Far-Cry-3-Preorder-Codes/td-p/629596

So I pre-ordered Far Cry back in Spetember, but when I try to get a price match the CS rep tells me they can't. I thought it worked based on when the game shipped not when you pre-ordered.

[quote name='momouchi']So I pre-ordered Far Cry back in Spetember, but when I try to get a price match the CS rep tells me they can't. I thought it worked based on when the game shipped not when you pre-ordered.[/QUOTE]

They are totally wrong. Call and get a different rep.

I still haven't gotten my far cry 3 code and I even sent Kyle for best buy all the info he asked for on the 11th of this month and haven't gotten a reply since lol

[quote name='JohnWayne']I still haven't gotten my far cry 3 code and I even sent Kyle for best buy all the info he asked for on the 11th of this month and haven't gotten a reply since lol[/QUOTE]

Give it about a month. I was scratching my head as well when I pre-ordered Halo 4, but sure enough on December 7th I got my code. Its so people can't buy/return/steal credits.

Side note. I am new to the Rewards Zone @Gamer membership and I have to say I am not thrilled with the program. Something I may have overlooked when signing up is that the Rewards Certificates have an expiration date... a very short one at that (March 2013). There isn't a whole lot coming out in the next few months that I am interested in, and I was hoping to hold onto it for later in the year (Dark Souls 2!!!), so I don't know if I will renew.

Personal preference here, if you buy games more frequently than me the program would be well worth it.

[quote name='samejgink']Give it about a month. I was scratching my head as well when I pre-ordered Halo 4, but sure enough on December 7th I got my code. Its so people can't buy/return/steal credits.

Side note. I am new to the Rewards Zone @Gamer membership and I have to say I am not thrilled with the program. Something I may have overlooked when signing up is that the Rewards Certificates have an expiration date... a very short one at that (March 2013). There isn't a whole lot coming out in the next few months that I am interested in, and I was hoping to hold onto it for later in the year (Dark Souls 2!!!), so I don't know if I will renew.

Personal preference here, if you buy games more frequently than me the program would be well worth it.[/QUOTE]

I shouldn't have to wait that long to get something I'm entitled to receiving for preordering.

Oh and you can still preorder games now with those certificates that expire in march 2012

[quote name='samejgink']Give it about a month. I was scratching my head as well when I pre-ordered Halo 4, but sure enough on December 7th I got my code. Its so people can't buy/return/steal credits.

Personal preference here, if you buy games more frequently than me the program would be well worth it.[/QUOTE]

From what I understand if you buy something with the certificates and then return it, you get a new certificate with a later expiration date.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I still haven't gotten my far cry 3 code and I even sent Kyle for best buy all the info he asked for on the 11th of this month and haven't gotten a reply since lol[/QUOTE]

they completely ignored my fifa, even after 3 pms, and I too still havent gotten a response to my far cry bonus from my bestbuy.com preorder.

[quote name='starmask2k3']anyone get there $20 RZ Cert for pre-ordering Far Cry 3 yet[/QUOTE]

Got mine last night around 10:30

yeah i got my 20 rz cert a few days ago also.
yeah these are insane.
i just pm'd farcry yesterday, but i will do it again.
i also re pm'd moh warfighter again, woot.
crazy deals.

[quote name='starmask2k3']anyone get there $20 RZ Cert for pre-ordering Far Cry 3 yet[/QUOTE]
Got mine today. I do have to call RZ CS as I did not get my double points for picking it up on Wednesday. Then again I may wait until after 30 days to call. I don't want them to look at my account and say "...hmmm, it looks like your purchases have been posting in 15 days instead of 30...let's look into that"

Sending a PM to kyle or any of the BB forum mods will not get you the code. They have said this multiple of times, that they will not respond to any code requests. You need to send them to the gaming-bby inbox.

[quote name='htz']Sending a PM to kyle or any of the BB forum mods will not get you the code. They have said this multiple of times, that they will not respond to any code requests. You need to send them to the gaming-bby inbox.[/QUOTE]

Well they did respond, they told me to send them my order number and and my email address and I haven't heard from them since then after sending them that info on the 11th

I forgot I had preordered Far Cry 3 and just picked it up this past Monday. $20 Reward Zone Certificate still apply? Or is the winfow for that the release week? That purchase just posted, but no 1,000 points pending, so I might have my answer already.

[quote name='JohnWayne']Well they did respond, they told me to send them my order number and and my email address and I haven't heard from them since then after sending them that info on the 11th[/QUOTE]
Cause all they can do is take that information and forward it to the gaming team. The mods on the BB forum are part of the social media team, they do not have access to generate new codes. Only the gaming team does and hence why you need to contact the gaming-bby inbox.

Please note that any unsolicited private messages sent to Moderators for this issue will be redirected to the Gaming-BBY inbox in an effort to assist everyone promptly and in the proper order. Also, sending multiple messages does not increase response time.

[quote name='JohnWayne']I shouldn't have to wait that long to get something I'm entitled to receiving for preordering.
[/QUOTE]

From the BB RZ Website :

"Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment."

If people are getting it 2 weeks ahead of schedule, great. If not, cool your jets until the 30 days stated within their own policy. If you don't get it by then, by all means raise hell.

And preordering before an official announced release date, buying & returning... no thanks. I'll go grab some MS points or something and be done with it.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='newtype06']I'm kind of new to PM-ing after the product has been purchased already, and I'm planning to with Black Ops 2 (bought it on day one) using this ad -- how do you? Show up w/ the ad and receipt like standard PM-ing? Thing is I used a bunch of GCs and my total all in all (game was priced at $60) was 27.xx[/QUOTE]

It don't matter what the final price was after using GC. Just bring the ad and your receipt if you still have it and then they'll check the nearest Target for stock. If you don't have the receipt they can still look it up but will take longer.

It seems like my local BBY have a lot of new employees because they never used to call other stores when I do PM before but now they call all the time. Trying to do a trade in with all these new guys is even worse.

[quote name='jr1016']It seems like my local BBY have a lot of new employees because they never used to call other stores when I do PM before but now they call all the time. Trying to do a trade in with all these new guys is even worse.[/QUOTE]

Proabably another good reason why I only do online preorders. I don't have to hassle in person or go to the store for the PM. I can just call in and they look up the ad price and I get credited. Depending on who I get, they either refund me in RZ points or credit back to my pitch in card. In the half dozen or so PMs over the past couple months, I think only one person was a bit green and it took longer than I expected, about 15 mins vs. avg of 5-7mins.

[quote name='samejgink']From the BB RZ Website :

"Points will post to your account approximately 30 days from time of pickup or shipment."

If people are getting it 2 weeks ahead of schedule, great. If not, cool your jets until the 30 days stated within their own policy. If you don't get it by then, by all means raise hell.

And preordering before an official announced release date, buying & returning... no thanks. I'll go grab some MS points or something and be done with it.[/QUOTE]

I'm not talking about the points, I already used them the other day. I'm talking about my preorder bonus code

[quote name='panda911']Never got my preorder Far Cry code. What was it and is it worth the hassle of getting it?[/QUOTE]

Here is the info on the code. It took a day for them to respond through Unboxed private message. But they might be out of codes by now.

http://www.forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Far-Cry-3-Preorder-Codes/td-p/629596

I am going to get the price match on Far Cry next week. I already price matched Black Ops 2 down to $49.99. Will Best Buy give me any trouble getting them to give me an additional $10 off since I already price matched once? Also when I did price match last time they gave me a hard time at 1st over the phone since I did in store pick up. Is in store pickup price matching usually done in store only or can be done over the phone as well?

I'm usually an extremely calm person but BestBuy has thoroughly fucked me. I never received my $20 for preordering Black Ops II. I've called them twice and each said they'd give me the points. I received an email saying that I didn't preorder and now I'm not getting my points. How the fuck did the game ship before it came out if I didn't preorder?

Between that bullshit and me never receiving my Sony 3D monitor from them that I ordered on Thanksgiving and still no sign of a refund I'm extremely upset. I'll be calling them when they open to address both of these orders.

Does anyone have advice for me? Is there a way to file a complaint or go to corporate? I'm not trying to lose about $150 worth of stuff from their incompetence ($100 monitor + $20 extra set of 3D glasses + taxes + $20 rewards).

[quote name='Cleaner7']I'm usually an extremely calm person but BestBuy has thoroughly fucked me. I never received my $20 for preordering Black Ops II. I've called them twice and each said they'd give me the points. I received an email saying that I didn't preorder and now I'm not getting my points. How the fuck did the game ship before it came out if I didn't preorder?

Between that bullshit and me never receiving my Sony 3D monitor from them that I ordered on Thanksgiving and still no sign of a refund I'm extremely upset. I'll be calling them when they open to address both of these orders.

Does anyone have advice for me? Is there a way to file a complaint or go to corporate? I'm not trying to lose about $150 worth of stuff from their incompetence ($100 monitor + $20 extra set of 3D glasses + taxes + $20 rewards).[/QUOTE]

I would call during the week and ask to speak to Executive Customer Service. I had a really complex situation last Christmas and they ended up issuing me a $100 gift card and refunding a $200 purchase.

[quote name='HarajukuJynx']When we bring the ad, can it be a printed ad I got from my printer?[/QUOTE]

Just bring in your phone with a screenshot of the ad

[quote name='Deader2818']So I seemed to have lost my receipt for when I bought Black Ops II. Is there a way for me to print out the receipt at home?[/QUOTE]Kind of: Log into your RZ account, find the BOII transaction under "Points and Purchases", and click on it. There should be a Customer PIN near the top of the "window" that appears. You can give that number when you go to PM and the BBY employee should be able to find the transaction with little or no difficulty.

You're not technically "printing out the receipt", just giving the employee a way to see the receipt him/herself.

Ok, cool. It showed I paid like nothing for it because I used giftcards (which I no longer have) but I assume they would be able to see that and just issue me the 10 dollar difference back on a new giftcard.

[quote name='Deader2818']Ok, cool. It showed I paid like nothing for it because I used giftcards (which I no longer have) but I assume they would be able to see that and just issue me the 10 dollar difference back on a new giftcard.[/QUOTE]

Yeah. They can see how much you paid regardless of payment type.

[quote name='daemissary']Silly question: Can you use RZ certs to preorder these games? I have a $25 RZ cert that expires soon.[/QUOTE]
Online you can.

[quote name='jamesdevil']Online you can.[/QUOTE]

You can do it in store too, but you must use the full amount of the RZ certificate (ie, you can't preorder a game for $5 with a $10 RZ certificate.

can you pricematch a game purchased in store via phonecall? I need to price match bo2 but preordered and picked up in store thanks

[quote name='HenDoggy']can you pricematch a game purchased in store via phonecall? I need to price match bo2 but preordered and picked up in store thanks[/QUOTE]I don't think so. You might have to go to that store.

[quote name='bojay1997']I would call during the week and ask to speak to Executive Customer Service. I had a really complex situation last Christmas and they ended up issuing me a $100 gift card and refunding a $200 purchase.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the advice! I'll call tomorrow and see if that works but with the holiday I know things might not be open or delayed even more so I'm trying to be patient.

im trying to price match the 39.99 games this week and the guy helping me says they cant because I used a $20 cert on each, so its double dipping? Any advice?

It's not double dipping the computer automatically recognizes the certificates and does the adjustment itself, at least that's what I've been told by the CS guy.

I'll just rent a lot of these games from Gamefly. It's too bad that this Best Buy offer doesn't cover PC versions.

[quote name='honzoh']You can do it in store too, but you must use the full amount of the RZ certificate (ie, you can't preorder a game for $5 with a $10 RZ certificate.[/QUOTE]

Wait, you can do that? I've tried to pay off a preorder in full before, and the employee wouldn't even let me pay more than the $5 minimum, implying that it is also the maximum.

Was he lying, or is it just different for RZ certs?

[quote name='Bill Mcdougal']
Wait, you can do that? I've tried to pay off a preorder in full before, and the employee wouldn't even let me pay more than the $5 minimum, implying that it is also the maximum.

Was he lying, or is it just different for RZ certs?[/QUOTE]

I believe they changed their system within the last few months (I'm not sure when). It used to be that you could only pay $5 of the pre-order in-store, but from what I've heard (haven't done it myself) the system now allows you to pay as much as you want towards the game when pre-ordering. I believe it's only a one time thing though, so you can't put $10 down initially, then come back on another day and put another $10 down on the pre-order (like you can at Gamestop). Some employees may not know about the system change though.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back