Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
Not sure if it's been mentioned but I've seen several people get PM's for the TRU $40 GC w/Crysis 3 & Metal Gear. Each game was dropped to $40 & they "charged" $40 for a BB GC. This could help those who didn't pre-order get the same deal in principle.

[quote name='newtype06']Successfully PM-ed Metal Gear using the Fry's ad, but I encountered something puzzling...

Basically, I tried using two $25 certs I received during the holidays and, somehow, certificates unfortunately don't 'work' on pre-orders (!?) So, what the manager did was she let me rang normally (paid using my CC, etc.) and the receipt printed w/ the DLC code and so on. AND then she did this 'loyalty' process on the register where I was refunded with $50 in cash (50 being the two $25 certs), and I received another receipt with that loyalty thingy on the top.

Guess what I'm trying to say or ask is -- will I still be getting the $20 rewards in 30 days time after this crazy process? The scenario felt like I paid the first transaction normally, and then I was (technically) refunded afterwards thanks to my 2 x $25 certs. Doesn't refunding void Gamer's Unlocked rewards or something? Any help would be nice.[/QUOTE]

Wondering if this has happened also to a bunch of you. I'm just worried that I might not get the $20 RZ after a few weeks... hopefully that wouldn't be the case ^_^;

[quote name='newtype06']Wondering if this has happened also to a bunch of you. I'm just worried that I might not get the $20 RZ after a few weeks... hopefully that wouldn't be the case ^_^;[/QUOTE]

I had to go through a similar process to use RZ certs for Metal Gear. Guess we will have to wait and see I suppose. Even if it voids the bonus $20, that should be remedied by a quick (I use that term lightly) call to CS. We obviously preordered and picked it up.

[quote name='Enuf']Not sure if it's been mentioned but I've seen several people get PM's for the TRU $40 GC w/Crysis 3 & Metal Gear. Each game was dropped to $40 & they "charged" $40 for a BB GC. This could help those who didn't pre-order get the same deal in principle.[/QUOTE]

Aren't PMs on gift card deals highly YMMV? Best Buy's official policy is that they don't match those deals. Also, I don't see any mention of this deal on the TRU website - is it in-store only? Just some promo where if you buy both Crysis 3 and MGGR, you get a value game for 99 cents. Both of these games are also listed at $59.99.

[quote name='Dund3r']Aren't PMs on gift card deals highly YMMV? Best Buy's official policy is that they don't match those deals. Also, I don't see any mention of this deal on the TRU website - is it in-store only? Just some promo where if you buy both Crysis 3 and MGGR, you get a value game for 99 cents. Both of these games are also listed at $59.99.[/QUOTE]
The last 3-4 TRU GC deal threads had alot of CAG's getting the matches w/o issue. The deal is on page 5 of the TRU weekly ad top left corner, you can search the ad thru the TRU site & use that for the match if you don't have the physical one.
I know both games are $60 but it's easier for a BB rep to deduct the $40 from the $120 than it is to approve a $40 GC w/o a system promo. Some reps will take the $40 off one game most just split it between the 2 & once they add the GC it totals the same $120. It wasn't hard to get the match since TRU is 1 traffic light away, I'd already pm'd Target & walmart for some movies along with getting both Sly Coopers. I told the manager that since I'm silver & a GCU member TRU credit is blah to me. Games are overpriced, I don't have kids so diapers/toys don't matter much either & I'd much rather give BB the $120. Done deal. Most reps I deal with won't let big purchases walk out the door to the competition.

[quote name='therealdanhill']Sucks that you can't PM an online purchase except for at the time of sale. Wish I would have known that earlier![/QUOTE]

U can till March 3rd i believe

[quote name='therealdanhill']Sucks that you can't PM an online purchase except for at the time of sale. Wish I would have known that earlier![/QUOTE]

You still can. The new policy hasn't gone into effect yet. I PMed on online order of Dead Space 3 to Gamestop's $39.99 on the phone yesterday.

[quote name='Enuf']The last 3-4 TRU GC deal threads had alot of CAG's getting the matches w/o issue. The deal is on page 5 of the TRU weekly ad top left corner, you can search the ad thru the TRU site & use that for the match if you don't have the physical one.
I know both games are $60 but it's easier for a BB rep to deduct the $40 from the $120 than it is to approve a $40 GC w/o a system promo. Some reps will take the $40 off one game most just split it between the 2 & once they add the GC it totals the same $120. It wasn't hard to get the match since TRU is 1 traffic light away, I'd already pm'd Target & walmart for some movies along with getting both Sly Coopers. I told the manager that since I'm silver & a GCU member TRU credit is blah to me. Games are overpriced, I don't have kids so diapers/toys don't matter much either & I'd much rather give BB the $120. Done deal. Most reps I deal with won't let big purchases walk out the door to the competition.[/QUOTE]

I've tried dozens of times at the bestbuys around me and they have never let me pm a gift card deal.. I think it's very rare for someone to get this to work

Also they have no problem letting big purchases go out the door when they are going to have a loss on the purchase

[quote name='Enuf']The last 3-4 TRU GC deal threads had alot of CAG's getting the matches w/o issue. The deal is on page 5 of the TRU weekly ad top left corner, you can search the ad thru the TRU site & use that for the match if you don't have the physical one.
I know both games are $60 but it's easier for a BB rep to deduct the $40 from the $120 than it is to approve a $40 GC w/o a system promo. Some reps will take the $40 off one game most just split it between the 2 & once they add the GC it totals the same $120. It wasn't hard to get the match since TRU is 1 traffic light away, I'd already pm'd Target & walmart for some movies along with getting both Sly Coopers. I told the manager that since I'm silver & a GCU member TRU credit is blah to me. Games are overpriced, I don't have kids so diapers/toys don't matter much either & I'd much rather give BB the $120. Done deal. Most reps I deal with won't let big purchases walk out the door to the competition.[/QUOTE]

Hmm....all that being said, it still sounds highly YMMV to me. Also don't think it will work for those of us (like me) that did online orders. The fine print on the GC offer says it is in store only. Maybe I'll give it a try anyway.

Perhaps they should, especially in a situation like this where the deal will cost Best Buy money and which results in no profit on the transaction. As others have pointed out, Best Buy matching this GC deal is highly YMMV and given their recent tightening of the price match and return policies, you can expect more likely than not that local stores are going to be very hesitant to match deals like this in the future.

[quote name='DWulf']You still can. The new policy hasn't gone into effect yet. I PMed on online order of Dead Space 3 to Gamestop's $39.99 on the phone yesterday.[/QUOTE]

I tried, lady wouldn't do it. Guess I'll try again. I was told if you preorder on best buy.com, you can only pm at the time of purchase, no retroactive pm on online orders. Is there a way i can point this out, like a link to the policy?

Man, this whole change really sucks, why'd they have to do this crap.

[quote name='Dund3r']Hmm....all that being said, it still sounds highly YMMV to me. Also don't think it will work for those of us (like me) that did online orders. The fine print on the GC offer says it is in store only. Maybe I'll give it a try anyway.[/QUOTE]

I have no problem getting these Toys r Us gift card offers price matched nor do i have any other type of "bundle" package price matched in store. I got the free strategy guide when I picked up from the Toys r Us DS3 price match then price matched Kmart the following week. Yes it is against policy but the BB's by me have a lot of competition around and have to do so rather than let the sale walk. Your locations may be a different story. The key is:in-store. Online, the policy will be followed. That said, sometimes it is worth my while to preorder at BB.com. Any preorder with an important preorder bonus like the Crysis 3 one I just got I want from BB.com to ensure I get the code emailed to me. In store, the employees often either forget to include the code on the receipt or don't know how to do it. If it's a free gun or costume deal that I don't really care about, I preorder in store so I have maximum flexibilty price matching. If it;s a free game like Crysis 3 or some code I really want, online, so the code is never a hassle to get. The downside there of course, is the BB policies will be strictly enforced. Just my experience...when the new policy starts I will have to revamp my strategies-we'll see what happens

[quote name='therealdanhill']I tried, lady wouldn't do it. Guess I'll try again. I was told if you preorder on best buy.com, you can only pm at the time of purchase, no retroactive pm on online orders. Is there a way i can point this out, like a link to the policy?

Man, this whole change really sucks, why'd they have to do this crap.[/QUOTE]

Just hang up and call again, its kind of a pain but eventually u get the result u want :bouncy:

So Tomb Raider Reviews are going to start rolling out next week. It gives me high hopes now this game will be awesome. I love when a developer believes enough in their game to let reviews flow a whole week before release.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So Tomb Raider Reviews are going to start rolling out next week. It gives me high hopes now this game will be awesome. I love when a developer believes enough in their game to let reviews flow a whole week before release.[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the heads up, I'm on the fence for this preorder. I like what I have seen gameplay wise up to this point.

[quote name='therealdanhill']I tried, lady wouldn't do it. Guess I'll try again. I was told if you preorder on best buy.com, you can only pm at the time of purchase, no retroactive pm on online orders. Is there a way i can point this out, like a link to the policy?

Man, this whole change really sucks, why'd they have to do this crap.[/QUOTE]

That's incorrect. As the policy currently is, you can price match during the return & exchange period. Try calling again and talking to a different person.

From http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Help-To...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

"How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, Price Match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com Price Match request. Please be prepared to provide proof of the Best Buy or local retail competitor price that is still in effect that you will ask a Best Buy representative to price match.

BestBuy.com Price Match requests cannot be completed in our stores or via e-mail. Shipping/delivery charges will not be included in the price comparison. Purchases from a Smartphone application/website, BestBuy.com orders with store pickup, and orders from the kiosk inside a Best Buy store are considered BestBuy.com purchases for purposes of the Price Match policy. A Price Match request after a purchase from BestBuy.com can be requested either by the person to whom the product was shipped, or by the person who was billed for the purchase."

[quote name='jrr6415sun']If you buy crysis and metal gear from toysrus they will give you a $40 gift card. If you already opened crysis you can buy a new one from toysrus and return it to bestbuy.

but if you feel like waiting i'm sure there will be a $40 deal in the next few weeks, sort of how dead space 3 is $39.99 today a few weeks after release.[/QUOTE]
Thanks. I'll def. keep an eye out on this site. Right now lookin' for the best deal to acquire RE6, MGS HD & ZoE HD for cheap, got a b2g1 new for bbuy, & b2g1 used for bbuy (39.99 under each) & gstop (54.99 under each). Got the bbuy promo's for gz unlocked welcome & renewing power up pro @ gstop.

[quote name='kylerg']Tried to PM on Monday and they would 'work' on it. How long until it goes through? (online).[/QUOTE]

Whenever I've PMed an online order, they completed the PMing process while I still on the phone. I always receive the email about the credit applied to my order (aka, my refund), either before I hang up, or very shortly thereafter.

[quote name='cancerman1120']So Tomb Raider Reviews are going to start rolling out next week. It gives me high hopes now this game will be awesome. I love when a developer believes enough in their game to let reviews flow a whole week before release.[/QUOTE]

I hope it's like Far cry 3, love that game

[quote name='kylerg']Tried to PM on Monday and they would 'work' on it. How long until it goes through? (online).[/QUOTE]

[quote name='DWulf']Whenever I've PMed an online order, they completed the PMing process while I still on the phone. I always receive the email about the credit applied to my order (aka, my refund), either before I hang up, or very shortly thereafter.[/QUOTE]

They also told me on Sunday they would "look into it" and it still hadn't happened by Wednesday so I called back. If you don't get that email almost immediately about the credit being applied, you need to call back.

[quote name='knight19']I pre-ordered the CEs of Tomb Raider and God of War in-store for in-store pickup. If they aren't there on release date when I go to pick them up, what is likely to happen? I can't imagine they're going to offer me anything other than a refund for my deposit...[/QUOTE]

Anyone have any feedback on this, re: pre-ordering a CE that wasn't there on release day and what options you have for the best outcome?

In my experience, if you pre-order with more than a few days notice, they should have it behind the counter with your name on it. They've been pretty good about it at my stores.

I didn't get the SFxT CE i pre-ordered, but i only reserved it a day or so in advance.

I stopped buying them though, because even though they are nice, you never get to price adjust them.

if i take my receipt to bestbuy this week and ask them for a price adjustment based on two reward certificates will that affect me getting my $20 rewardZone cert? thaNks

[quote name='camwil']if i take my receipt to bestbuy this week and ask them for a price adjustment based on two reward certificates will that affect me getting my $20 rewardZone cert? thaNks[/QUOTE]

No. PMs do not affect the status of the $20 RZ cert promo.

[quote name='stoned99']Anyone get the cert for Dead Space 3 yet ?[/QUOTE]

Still nothing for me. Best not to worry till the 23rd when their maintenance or whatever is supposed to be done.

Just picked up my MGR vanilla copy today.

Noticed the top of my receipt does not have the "return exchange" printed on the top like it used to when I preorder in store. Is this how it is now, or did he mess up?

Now before you say I'm jumping the gun, he did forget to enter a shopkick cert, and needed a manager to void the purchase. He then proceeded to scan my preorder receipt like he did the first time. I asked him, and he assured me it should have no effect. He also mentioned their system changed a bit in regards to preorder pick ups.

This resulted in me getting 2 separate preorder DLC codes.

Best Buy should have spent the dough to hire away whomever maintains the GS pre-order system. Say what you will about GS but at least they are efficient. Seems like this new system at BBY is actually causing more problems than the old one if that was even possible.

[quote name='nbballard']In my experience, if you pre-order with more than a few days notice, they should have it behind the counter with your name on it. They've been pretty good about it at my stores.

I didn't get the SFxT CE i pre-ordered, but i only reserved it a day or so in advance.

I stopped buying them though, because even though they are nice, you never get to price adjust them.[/QUOTE]

Ok, yeah, I pre-ordered them a few weeks ago, hope I'm ok. Don't want to go through any unnecessary hassle.

[quote name='IamPro']Just hang up and call again, its kind of a pain but eventually u get the result u want :bouncy:[/QUOTE]
"The Best Buy Price Match Guarantee does currently include a Low Price Guarantee policy. Per that policy, Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and local retail competitors at the time of purchase, but not during the return/exchange period. There are certain appliance and electronic hardware products that qualify; however, video game software are not one of those qualifying products."

This is the response I got on unboxed. So, apparantly you cannot PM a bestbuy.com preorder after purchase? Enuf, can you help me out here?

Here's the link to my post and the response: http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Reward-Zone-Gamer-s-Club/Couple-of-problems/m-p/659973#M8847

[quote name='therealdanhill']"The Best Buy Price Match Guarantee does currently include a Low Price Guarantee policy. Per that policy, Best Buy will match the new, identical, immediately available current pre-tax price from Designated Major Online Retailers and local retail competitors at the time of purchase, but not during the return/exchange period. There are certain appliance and electronic hardware products that qualify; however, video game software are not one of those qualifying products."

This is the response I got on unboxed. So, apparantly you cannot PM a bestbuy.com preorder after purchase? Enuf, can you help me out here?[/QUOTE]

Yes you can. I preordered Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, and MGRR all online and have successfully pricematched all of them. Just call Best Buy and have your order number ready. If the CS rep denies you, just call back again later.

How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

When making a purchase, or during the return and exchange period after your purchase from BestBuy.com, Price Match requests from BestBuy.com are handled via phone. Please call 1-888-BEST BUY (1-888-237-8289) for a BestBuy.com Price Match request. Please be prepared to provide proof of the Best Buy or local retail competitor price that is still in effect that you will ask a Best Buy representative to price match.

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011

[quote name='Dund3r']Yes you can. I preordered Dead Space 3, Crysis 3, and MGRR all online and have successfully pricematched all of them. Just call Best Buy and have your order number ready. If the CS rep denies you, just call back again later.

How do I request a Price Match from BestBuy.com?

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Payment...ee/pcmcat204400050011.c?id=pcmcat204400050011[/QUOTE]

But this is going to end soon right? From what I get from this thread is after the 5th?? you can only pm right at the time of purchase?

For example: If I preordered Bioshock on the 22nd, I can only pm on the 22nd (Which doesn't have a chance in hell, since the game comes out the 26th)?

Sorry for the mass confusion, but it seems Im not the only one that doesn't fully comprehend the situation.

[quote name='cancerman1120']Best Buy should have spent the dough to hire away whomever maintains the GS pre-order system. Say what you will about GS but at least they are efficient. Seems like this new system at BBY is actually causing more problems than the old one if that was even possible.[/QUOTE]

Seriously. Couple that with they moved the preorder pickup area from the Game section (where the guys at my store are awesome) to the general in store pickup spot only made it worse at my local best buy.

I wanted to use a RZ cert on crysis 3 and the girl tried but it wouldn't even let her add it via the new RZ cert system in the registers and if I wanted to use a print out she'd have to return the whole thing (she could be wrong but I was the first preorder she ever did).

I told her not to bother bc I didn't want to risk losing the $20 RZ cert. Also my info didnt even show up in the system as a preorder so I'm going to have to monitor the preorder bonus (never had a problem previously)

My receipt also did not say return or exchange.

It's ridiculous, I've been denied over the phone twice, I tried in store but they told me to do it by phone, and now the rep is saying I can't do it, when I've done it before ffs. Either this is on purpose, or their employees don't know their own policies, but at least I already know that to be true.

I had that same problem last fall/winter, sometimes I call in and the CSR says they can only pricematch at purchase. Then another call I try a different CSR says they can do the pricematch.

[quote name='perfectsil']anyone ordered Metal Gear Rising from bestbuy.com got their preorder code yet? never got mine.[/QUOTE]
Yup, I got mine. There's instructions in the link below to get your codes if they never arrived in your email.

http://forums.bestbuy.com/t5/Gaming-Support/Metal-Gear-Rising-Revengeance-Preorder-Codes/td-p/657357

If anything therealdanhill, you can try PMing Dead Space 3 when Best Buy has it on sale for $10-20 off next week. If they won't pm competitors, they HAVE to pm themselves. I'm waiting to do this myself as I don't want to waste my time on the phone.

[quote name='therealdanhill']It's ridiculous, I've been denied over the phone twice, I tried in store but they told me to do it by phone, and now the rep is saying I can't do it, when I've done it before ffs. Either this is on purpose, or their employees don't know their own policies, but at least I already know that to be true.[/QUOTE]

Are you still trying to price match amazon? Gamestop has it for $39.99 and is a local competitor instead of online and they should price match that unless you get an idiot rep.

[quote name='shady520']Are you still trying to price match amazon? Gamestop has it for $39.99 and is a local competitor instead of online and they should price match that unless you get an idiot rep.[/QUOTE]
Yeah I tried again, still wouldn't let me do it, said you can't retroactively PM .com orders. I don't know what is going on over there. I have little faith they will even PM their own price, as the issue seems to be more the retroactive part rather than a specific retailer.

[quote name='Royal High Knight']But this is going to end soon right? From what I get from this thread is after the 5th?? you can only pm right at the time of purchase?

For example: If I preordered Bioshock on the 22nd, I can only pm on the 22nd (Which doesn't have a chance in hell, since the game comes out the 26th)?

Sorry for the mass confusion, but it seems Im not the only one that doesn't fully comprehend the situation.[/QUOTE]

Yes, it is somewhat confusing. I think this article sums it up best:

http://www.businessinsider.com/best-buy-new-price-matching-policy-2013-2

Major takeaways:
1. BBY will PM local retailers and 19 major online competitors at the time of purchase only. No post-purchase PMs from competitors.
2. BBY will PM their own price drops for 15 days following the purchase.
3. Return period reduced to 15 days (still 60 days for Silver).
4. The above changes go into effect 3/3/13.
5. Silver members have a "transition period" through 4/18/13 before the 15 day period of the PM policy goes into effect.

According to The Consumerist, "Any purchases made on or before March 2, will qualify for the 30-day return period." I am not sure if that applies to PMs as well. As for Silver, I interpret this news as Silver members being able to PM post-purchase until 4/18/13 but I could be wrong. I suspect any attempted competitor PMs after 3/3/13 will be even more of a hassle.

Hope this helps clear some things up for people.

I tried PMing these clowns on Monday. They haven't responded yet even though they said they are looking into it on the phone. They ignored me on their forum.

[quote name='kylerg']I tried PMing these clowns on Monday. They haven't responded yet even though they said they are looking into it on the phone. They ignored me on their forum.[/QUOTE]

I had a lady take care of it immediately yesterday, I think they are stalling to the 3rd so they can point and say they do not do it anymore so that they do not have to work/loose money.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back