Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='jer7583']Anyone have any indication that they bought metal gear rising pre order on their reward zone as of yet??

Mine looks like I never bought it still[/QUOTE]

Mine already processed, bonus points and everything.

[quote name='jer7583']Anyone have any indication that they bought metal gear rising pre order on their reward zone as of yet??

Mine looks like I never bought it still[/QUOTE]

I had to email them about that late last week since it has never been that long for a transaction to appear for me (usually it is a week). Also pointed out Tomb Raider missing for the heck of it. Within a day the points for both were put as pending and the MGR:R points were available about a day later. Call or email them and they can fix it quickly.

[quote name='doc_j88']Same here for me. No sign of it even being on my list[/QUOTE]

Me too. I'll likely call in this week as it is 28 days (ah short month, not 30 days yet) as of today since my pick up on release day.

[quote name='Jav0r']When does one receive the pre-order codes if they did store pickup?[/QUOTE]

I received my codes about 30 minutes after picking up the game.

Is gears on sale anywhere to pricematch at BB? I just checked frys and was surprised to see it at full price... o_O

I PMd almost every game last promotion to Frys.

This promo is way less appealing with their new 'day-of purchase only' PMing ... I've noticed that most companies get more restrictive regarding their policies only when they're nearing death.

Do they deduct the pre order deposit from the purchase or reimburse your credit card back ($5 deposit) when you pick up the game. I'm looking at my recepit and I dont see it deducted from the price of the game

[quote name='paintballers']Do they deduct the pre order deposit from the purchase or reimburse your credit card back ($5 deposit) when you pick up the game. I'm looking at my recepit and I dont see it deducted from the price of the game[/QUOTE]

Deducted. Did you give them your pre-order receipt when you picked-up the game? I always go the gaming dept, hand them my pre-order receipt, and they take from there. Your pick-up should list the game at 59.99, and then right below it, it should say Deposit Paid: XX.XX (XX.XX will be whatever you put down).

[quote name='nuuuuj']Deducted. Did you give them your pre-order receipt when you picked-up the game? I always go the gaming dept, hand them my pre-order receipt, and they take from there. Your pick-up should list the game at 59.99, and then right below it, it should say Deposit Paid: XX.XX (XX.XX will be whatever you put down).[/QUOTE]

It does say the $5 under the price of the game but I dont see it deducted... I paid about $43 out the door after applying a $20 certificate so that can't be right. $60-$20-$5=$35 where did they get $43?

[quote name='paintballers']It does say the $5 under the price of the game but I dont see it deducted... I paid about $43 out the door after applying a $20 certificate so that can't be right. $60-$20-$5=$35 where did they get $43?[/QUOTE]

Hmm.. can you post a pic of your receipt?

I can tell you there is a glitch on Best Buy system about deducting your preorder amount from the total. It doesn't do it and unless you pay attention, the employees will miss it also. I have gone through this with 5 games so far and everytime it's a fight with them until someone with a brain shows up. I even warn them it will happen when I walk up and they don't believe me.

There is one guy at my store that knows about it and has tried to get it fixed. The way they have been handling it is to deduct your preorder amount from the cost of the game by a manager. That way it doesn't charge your the wrong amount.

It's the wrong way to handle it and they know that but it's all they can do. Whatever you do, do not let them cancel your preorder, put that amount on a gift card then ring you up normally if you have some promotion like the 20 cert. It will cancel it.

Between me and the employees, I think it's tied to using certifcates to pay any balance.

I have a dumb question. So what if I pre-ordered BLOPS2 and never picked it up...uh can I get a refund or change my pre-order to something else? I was cleaning out my closet and found my pre-order card...I know its too late to get my $20 credit.

Thanks for the info, they didnt cancel my preorder since I got the preorder codes but they did not deduct my preorder deposit, I will bring my recepit the next time I go to get my money back.

[quote name='Aryss']I can tell you there is a glitch on Best Buy system about deducting your preorder amount from the total. It doesn't do it and unless you pay attention, the employees will miss it also. I have gone through this with 5 games so far and everytime it's a fight with them until someone with a brain shows up. I even warn them it will happen when I walk up and they don't believe me.

There is one guy at my store that knows about it and has tried to get it fixed. The way they have been handling it is to deduct your preorder amount from the cost of the game by a manager. That way it doesn't charge your the wrong amount.

It's the wrong way to handle it and they know that but it's all they can do. Whatever you do, do not let them cancel your preorder, put that amount on a gift card then ring you up normally if you have some promotion like the 20 cert. It will cancel it.

Between me and the employees, I think it's tied to using certifcates to pay any balance.[/QUOTE]

...it's been almost a month since my Metal Gear Rising purchase and still NO points, or even a record that I purchased it :(

I called and they told me to wait until the 35th day since the system is still, apparently, 'normal' and I might eventually receive it at some point. I knew this whole return-transaction w/ the certificate refund fiasco would screw my points :(

Anybody else experiencing this?

[quote name='Aryss']I can tell you there is a glitch on Best Buy system about deducting your preorder amount from the total. It doesn't do it and unless you pay attention, the employees will miss it also. I have gone through this with 5 games so far and everytime it's a fight with them until someone with a brain shows up. I even warn them it will happen when I walk up and they don't believe me.

Between me and the employees, I think it's tied to using certifcates to pay any balance.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='paintballers']Thanks for the info, they didnt cancel my preorder since I got the preorder codes but they did not deduct my preorder deposit, I will bring my recepit the next time I go to get my money back.[/QUOTE]
I had the same thing happen when I picked up Ascension. I also used a $20 certificate to pay. I see the preorder deposit of $5 listed as well. I am pretty sure using certs is part of the problem.

I havent done anything about it yet since it is only $5. I will be calling CS when I get a chance to see if they can correct it for me or give me another $5 in certs or something to make up for it.

[quote name='blucadet3']I have a dumb question. So what if I pre-ordered BLOPS2 and never picked it up...uh can I get a refund or change my pre-order to something else? I was cleaning out my closet and found my pre-order card...I know its too late to get my $20 credit.[/QUOTE]
No $20 for sure, but if you did this in store you should be able to get your deposit back.

Bring that receipt. I've had this done before, but I didn't have my receipt. She had to look it up in my purchase history.

[quote name='Pookymeister']Decided to pre-order Bioshock today...and they couldn't get the pre-order card to scan.[/QUOTE]I suggest you try the preorder kiosk with the touch-screen. Ever since the UPC mix-up for Borderlands 2's preorder card, I don't go near them for any preorder.

[quote name='Gamer SDP']has anyone ever received two sets of preorder dlc for preordering multiple copies of a game online (either shipped or instore pickup)?[/QUOTE]

I don't know about online, but when I got my Halo 4 LE instore they messed up the first transaction and had to restart it, which gave me two sets of armor codes. If you want multiple codes I'd play it safe and order multiple copies on separate transactions.

Though this has been asnwered somewhere else I am sure, is Best Buy done with print subscriptions now? I was automatically given the digital in store last week, and the response I got online seems to indicate they are no longer shipping magazines when I asked to be converted back into a print sub.

My GOW:J PO that I made yesterday is scheduled to be delivered tonight. It was expedited (silver) shipping but that is still really fast. BB is 2 for 2 on release day delivery for POs i made the day before.

whoa. i just got 2500 pending points. god of war and 3 orders of over $10. i smell glitch. hopefully it comes to fruition. oh yeah, velo, stfu!

[quote name='Velo214']whoa. i just got 2500 pending points. god of war and 3 orders of over $10. i smell glitch. hopefully it comes to fruition. oh yeah, velo, stfu![/QUOTE]

Velo, STFU!

..And grats! :applause: lady luck is on your side my friend. I've heard of ppl getting 2 (500 pts) but 3? Lol here I'm just hoping I'll see those 500 pts soon. At least all my orders shipped, unlike with the BF sale where I ordered about 5 mins into it and several of my items got canceled.

yeah my points seemed to have been clogged in the system cuz i didnt even see my god of war instore pickup that i did on friday til today, so that's over 7 days. but have faith. lol. these points could disappear any moment tho, they arent real giftcards, so let's just wait this out and see what happens. that said, im gonna go grab another $20 kindle card...

[quote name='sninh']shhhhh don't let it turn into the "$10" codes from summer ;)[/QUOTE]

It won't since you have to actually spend money here the whole time ;)

[quote name='MetalSlugger']I don't know about online, but when I got my Halo 4 LE instore they messed up the first transaction and had to restart it, which gave me two sets of armor codes. If you want multiple codes I'd play it safe and order multiple copies on separate transactions.[/QUOTE]

Similar. When I picked up my preorder GOWA, the register kept charging me $5 for the preorder DLC. The cashier kept spewing BS that my $5 deposit was paying for it. He had to suspend/cancel transaction 2x. Manager didn't know much either so he override the DLC to $0. In the end I got 3 DLC codes dealing with this 30min crap.

[quote name='Pounce!']Similar. When I picked up my preorder GOWA, the register kept charging me $5 for the preorder DLC. The cashier kept spewing BS that my $5 deposit was paying for it. He had to suspend/cancel transaction 2x. Manager didn't know much either so he override the DLC to $0. In the end I got 3 DLC codes dealing with this 30min crap.[/QUOTE]
This promotion gets worse and worse by the days.

My store told me the same thing so what did the Store Manager do? He sold the game with a PM in the total of the preorder. In other words, the preorder pickup wasn't rung out properly for the $20 RZ.

With this and last week being clusterfucks, this week will see my return of both games (Gears and God of War) since I was not able to get PMs on either. I found both titles at Target and did their B2G1 (i.e. making them $20 off/each).

Dear Best Buy,
Please hire the IT guys who designed Gamestop's preorder system. Your system is one big POS.
Thanks,
lordopus99

[quote name='lordopus99']This promotion gets worse and worse by the days.

My store told me the same thing so what did the Store Manager do? He sold the game with a PM in the total of the preorder. In other words, the preorder pickup wasn't rung out properly for the $20 RZ.

With this and last week being clusterfucks, this week will see my return of both games (Gears and God of War) since I was not able to get PMs on either. I found both titles at Target and did their B2G1 (i.e. making them $20 off/each).

Dear Best Buy,
Please hire the IT guys who designed Gamestop's preorder system. Your system is one big POS.
Thanks,
lordopus99[/QUOTE]

Good post. Not just the PO system, inventory checker too. Probably should post it on bb forums.

Just did a pricematch on Metal Gear Rising to Amazon for $49.77. Getting back just over $11 after tax.

Game came out 2/19 so non-silver members who purchased on release date should still be able to PM.

Anyone who was able to pricematch Gears of War pre-order price to Fry's have that reflected in their order? I just checked my order and I was charged the normal price, not the 49.99 I was promised.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Just did a pricematch on Metal Gear Rising to Amazon for $49.77. Getting back just over $11 after tax.

Game came out 2/19 so non-silver members who purchased on release date should still be able to PM.[/QUOTE]

Was it being sold by Amazon themselves when you got the PM? Now it's sold by another company and fulfilled by Amazon for a similar price. Does that even make a difference for a BB PM?

[quote name='BaboonSqueezer']Though this has been asnwered somewhere else I am sure, is Best Buy done with print subscriptions now? I was automatically given the digital in store last week, and the response I got online seems to indicate they are no longer shipping magazines when I asked to be converted back into a print sub.[/QUOTE]

The magazine has moved to only digital now.

^Subscribers before the change to digital will continue to receive physical magazines till the subscription ends or if they renew.

[quote name='Killbomb']Was it being sold by Amazon themselves when you got the PM? Now it's sold by another company and fulfilled by Amazon for a similar price. Does that even make a difference for a BB PM?[/QUOTE]
Fulfilled by Amazon does not work for PM, but if you check on the right side where they list other sellers Amazon.com is there.

Wife and i picked up Gears tonight that we've had preordered for a month, as well as the 1600+400ms point promo each.

They had NO idea what they were doing... we almost had to walk out without the preorder bonus codes.

It literally took TWO HOURS for them to figure everything out "Since the system has changed"

Ugh... worst experience with best buy so far.

Not a huge fan of what they did to Gears. No Horde mode, can't plant nades, can only have 1 main weapon, and very little Versus play styles.

Haven't touched the campaign yet.

[quote name='splattered']Wife and i picked up Gears tonight that we've had preordered for a month, as well as the 1600+400ms point promo each.

They had NO idea what they were doing... we almost had to walk out without the preorder bonus codes.

It literally took TWO HOURS for them to figure everything out "Since the system has changed"

Ugh... worst experience with best buy so far.[/QUOTE]

Just preorder online. It's more reliable.

I picked up my copy and it took 5 minutes. My code was emailed to me within 10 minutes of pickup.

Did you guys get the correct Bioshock codes?

I received two emails from Best Buy with two different codes for the Bioshock website mini game. However, I believe the second email should have been for a ps3 code for the pre-order dlc. I haven't received an email for that.

[quote name='splattered']Wife and i picked up Gears tonight that we've had preordered for a month, as well as the 1600+400ms point promo each.

Ugh... worst experience with best buy so far.[/QUOTE]

To be fair the systems have changed and Best Buy literally taught no one how to do it under the new system. Though the new way is very easy to learn and most people should be able to stumble through it...the pre-order system was messing up today from around 10am-3pm central time in every store.

Still sorry you had a bad experience. I tend to give extra left over pre-order bonuses to people that have to wait for something that is either my fault or the systems fault.

[quote name='bang4dabuc']Just did a pricematch on Metal Gear Rising to Amazon for $49.77. Getting back just over $11 after tax.

Game came out 2/19 so non-silver members who purchased on release date should still be able to PM.[/QUOTE]

Does BB PM Amazon through customer service? Did shipping for MGRR, so I'm not sure if it's only an in-store thing.

[quote name='usagi'] Fulfilled by Amazon does not work for PM, but if you check on the right side where they list other sellers Amazon.com is there.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='TheCollegeGamer']Does BB PM Amazon through customer service? Did shipping for MGRR, so I'm not sure if it's only an in-store thing.[/QUOTE]

They'll PM Amazon but you have to call them since you ordered online. Make sure to point out that Amazon is listed as a seller on the right like usagi said above.

Thanks for the heads up. Just in time for BioShock. One last hurrah before the new policy kicks in, I guess. Still will probably ride the $20 RZ cert train since it's the best deal for people like me who like to play games at release.

EDIT: About how long does it take to receive the confirmation order e-mail? Placed my BioShock order about 5-10 minutes ago and still haven't got the confirmation yet in my regular or spam inbox.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back