Best Buy [Unlocked] $20 RZ Cert. Pre-order Promo (Splinter Cell: Blacklist, GTA V, South Park: The Stick of Truth)

Status
Not open for further replies.

htz

CAGiversary!
Staff member
Feedback
4 (100%)
*READ THE FAQ & THIS WHOLE POST BEFORE POSTING A QUESTION*

https://myrewardzone.bestbuy.com/offers/offersandpromotions/info/0900a76f8009c50a

Game pickup deadlines

Last edited by a moderator:
I remember last time BBY couldn't add RZ cert on preorder pick ups in store, is that still a problem? Been trying to Preorder Injustice online for store pickup but doesn't seem to be available. I don't want to miss out on the $20 RZ and the preorder DLC, haven't done store preorder in awhile always done online since I never had any problem with that route esp DLCs.

[quote name='jr1016']I remember last time BBY couldn't add RZ cert on preorder pick ups in store, is that still a problem? Been trying to Preorder Injustice online for store pickup but doesn't seem to be available. I don't want to miss out on the $20 RZ and the preorder DLC, haven't done store preorder in awhile always done online since I never had any problem with that route esp DLCs.[/QUOTE]

They didn't have enough time to switch the Injustice preorder in-store for .com orders so at this point you need to do it in store.

don't even see 1000 points pending for Bioshock. I preordered in store and put the minimum $5 down. RZ shows both the preorder transaction and pickup transaction. The pickup transaction shows only $4.xx that qualify for RZ points when it should be $5 (from deposit) - paid rest in GC.

How does is the double 1000 showing up for people that got it?

did you pre-order the game with cash? I didn't the last time i pre-ordered something and then they wouldn't give me the $20 RZ credit till i argued with a manager that no where on the promotion does it say that you need to pre-order with cash.

[quote name='Ejectedbunny']did you pre-order the game with cash? I didn't the last time i pre-ordered something and then they wouldn't give me the $20 RZ credit till i argued with a manager that no where on the promotion does it say that you need to pre-order with cash.[/QUOTE]

all that stuff with GC payment negating preorder points etc was just speculation from people complaining to store employees (who have NO control over the preorder promotion aside from possibly messing up the pickup) and uninformed phone reps spreading misinformation.

My .com order for Injustice was shipped out and I just got my two DLC codes (Blackest Night & Zombie mode) sent as 2 separate emails. So in-store preorders should expect two codes to be printed out on your receipt and emailed to you.

[quote name='Donut2922']My .com order for Injustice was shipped out and I just got my two DLC codes (Blackest Night & Zombie mode) sent as 2 separate emails. So in-store preorders should expect two codes to be printed out on your receipt and emailed to you.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the heads up, I'm gonna make sure my preorder DLC will get printed on the receipt. I hope I get a clerk that knows what he/she is doing when it comes to preorder store pickup.

I just pickup mine up and I got the dreaded $5 deposit not being refunded on purchase. Everyone who picks up an in-store pre-order should make sure you are rang up for about $60 depending your area's tax %.

At least it was easy fix at customer service, but they returned the $5 as price correction on the game. I hope it won't cause problems if I get a chance for a post PM at Best Buy.

[quote name='usagi']I just pickup mine up and I got the dreaded $5 deposit not being refunded on purchase. Everyone who picks up an in-store pre-order should make sure you are rang up for about $60 depending your area's tax %.

At least it was easy fix at customer service, but they returned the $5 as price correction on the game. I hope it won't cause problems if I get a chance for a post PM at Best Buy.[/QUOTE]

This happened to me as well, but the guy did some cashier voodoo and the total was right at the end. So I didn't have to get refunded $5 like I did for Bioshock.

I think it has to do with the employee more than the system. There's a preorder menu to go through which also is a possibility if the employee doesn't use it correctly. Last time I did an in-store pickup, I gave my cashier the heads up about the $5 preorder/bonus issues and she said if they ring it up correctly there shouldn't be any issue. She said it was probably an employee that didn't know how to apply the transaction. I didn't have any issues when I did mine but basically you'll do yourself a favor by just checking your final total before you pay and also confirming with the cashier that your preorder bonuses are added onto the transaction before payment.

[quote name='Donut2922']I think it has to do with the employee more than the system. There's a preorder menu to go through which also is a possibility if the employee doesn't use it correctly. Last time I did an in-store pickup, I gave my cashier the heads up about the $5 preorder/bonus issues and she said if they ring it up correctly there shouldn't be any issue. She said it was probably an employee that didn't know how to apply the transaction. I didn't have any issues when I did mine but basically you'll do yourself a favor by just checking your final total before you pay and also confirming with the cashier that your preorder bonuses are added onto the transaction before payment.[/QUOTE]

I just got mine. Unlike with Bioshock it didn't charge me the $5, but it didnt take it off either.

I asked to look and the on the cashiers screen was correct but it was showing as $5 more on the card swiper.

He said he would just have to ring it correctly (as you said) but in the end it just didnt come out right.

Thankfully CS fixed it easily, and they even remembered it happened to me last time.

[quote name='strait edge follower']i hate that they put my two 20$ coupons into one. because of that if i want to use it on something i have to use the whole thing which sucks. i wish they kept them seperate[/QUOTE]

Aren't you Premiere Silver?

Has anyone successfully switched over a pre order @ BB? I have $10 on Injustice for 360 but I'd rather get it on ps3 now. Considering how jacked up BB's system is I figure this will be a headache. Anyone ever done this?

[quote name='l1quidswords']Has anyone successfully switched over a pre order @ BB? I have $10 on Injustice for 360 but I'd rather get it on ps3 now. Considering how jacked up BB's system is I figure this will be a headache. Anyone ever done this?[/QUOTE]

I would buy it, and trade someone local for the PS3 version so you still get your $20

[quote name='strait edge follower']i hate that they put my two 20$ coupons into one. because of that if i want to use it on something i have to use the whole thing which sucks. i wish they kept them seperate[/QUOTE]

You should set certificates to redeem at $100 and then just manually issue them in the amounts you want.

[quote name='spatenfloot']You should set certificates to redeem at $100 and then just manually issue them in the amounts you want.[/QUOTE]
Only works if you are silver.

Been awhile...but I thought you can use RZGC to buy standard BBYGC. Problem solved.

[quote name='Pounce!']Been awhile...but I thought you can use RZGC to buy standard BBYGC. Problem solved.[/QUOTE]
I'm pretty sure the terms on the RZ cert say you can't buy Best Buy gift cards, but they work fine on Amazon Kindle gift cards though.

[quote name='usagi']I'm pretty sure the terms on the RZ cert say you can't buy Best Buy gift cards, but they work fine on Amazon Kindle gift cards though.[/QUOTE]
You wouldn't want to, though, since you'd be wasting the bit of tax you'd have saved.

There's already a thread dedicated to it but for anyone interested in Dead Island: Riptide, it's available for preorder at Newegg.com for $39.99. I just did a successful PM over the phone with Best Buy. The Newegg price expires tomorrow at midnight so make a move now if you're interested.

[quote name='l1quidswords']Has anyone successfully switched over a pre order @ BB? I have $10 on Injustice for 360 but I'd rather get it on ps3 now. Considering how jacked up BB's system is I figure this will be a headache. Anyone ever done this?[/QUOTE]Don't bother doing it that way just buy the PS3 version w/o using the pre-order ticket at all. & Once you get the $20 just geet the $10 refunded.
You only need to me the basics of the pre-order deal,
1-Pre-order no later than Monday of the release week(in-store)
2-P/u the game by Sat. of the release week(in-store)
Doesn't matter pre-order/purchase at different stores or what version you p/u. I've pre-order the reg. PS3 version of games & scooped up the X360 CE b/c it was on the floor unexpectedly. I still got the $20 w/i 2 weeks but the 2 weeks hasn't been happening as much this go around. Still less than 35 days though.

[quote name='Enuf']Don't bother doing it that way just buy the PS3 version w/o using the pre-order ticket at all. & Once you get the $20 just geet the $10 refunded.
You only need to me the basics of the pre-order deal,
1-Pre-order no later than Monday of the release week(in-store)
2-P/u the game by Sat. of the release week(in-store)
Doesn't matter pre-order/purchase at different stores or what version you p/u. I've pre-order the reg. PS3 version of games & scooped up the X360 CE b/c it was on the floor unexpectedly. I still got the $20 w/i 2 weeks but the 2 weeks hasn't been happening as much this go around. Still less than 35 days though.[/QUOTE]

Ill try this today. Thanks for the heads up.

[quote name='cardsharkrob']Was wondering if you can use reward zone certificates to preorder games?[/QUOTE]

You indeed can, good sir.

[quote name='Quagmilion']You indeed can, good sir.[/QUOTE]
I think the new system won't allow it but you can pay off the game on release with them

Anyone lose a massive amount of points randomly?

I went from 4262 to 2800 overnight last night and I didn't do a single thing.

Earlier when they did maintenance that one day I went from 26XX down to 226 for no reason. No returns, nothing. I called Premier Silver about this but wtf... that's 50 bucks I'm missing.

[quote name='johnston306']I got my welcome coupons in an email, they expire 4/30, can I print them out and give to other people to use?[/QUOTE]

I don't see why not. My recollection was they weren't tied to a RZ account when I first got my paper versions. However, I never got my coupons for this current renewal so I can't be 100% sure. I posted in the forums and a mod had a $60 GC sent to me as a replacment for the coupons.

[quote name='bob330i']I don't see why not. My recollection was they weren't tied to a RZ account when I first got my paper versions. However, I never got my coupons for this current renewal so I can't be 100% sure. I posted in the forums and a mod had a $60 GC sent to me as a replacment for the coupons.[/QUOTE]

Lucky, I never got my 2012 welcome coupons and only got $50. Expecting another fuck up in 2013. Better be $60+.

[quote name='johnston306']I got my welcome coupons in an email, they expire 4/30, can I print them out and give to other people to use?[/QUOTE]

When was your renewal perchance? I did mind in February and haven't gotten anything. I may make a post in a forum like another post mentioned and hope for a GC!

[quote name='mpaullin']When was your renewal perchance? I did mind in February and haven't gotten anything. I may make a post in a forum like another post mentioned and hope for a GC![/QUOTE]
Yeah, it's time for you to make a post on the BBuy forums. I think I remember the mods there saying you should get the welcome coupons in your email after a few days to 2 weeks after signing up in-store.

i got Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered and picked up on April 1st, the last day for the $20 back eligibility.

It's been 2.5 weeks with no pending points, and I usually get them by now. I'm going to wait to call Best Buy until a full month, since I'm sure that's what they'll tell me.

My problem is that I threw away my receipt by accident. Is there a way, either in person or over the phone, to verify my purchase? I found on my credit card statement the transaction, but I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming points don't come through by the end of the month).

Thanks.

[quote name='usagi']Yeah, it's time for you to make a post on the BBuy forums. I think I remember the mods there saying you should get the welcome coupons in your email after a few days to 2 weeks after signing up in-store.[/QUOTE]

I'm in the same boat. Its been 9 weeks since I renewed my GC sub. I just made a post in the BBY forums as well.

[quote name='dkl415']i got Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered and picked up on April 1st, the last day for the $20 back eligibility.

It's been 2.5 weeks with no pending points, and I usually get them by now. I'm going to wait to call Best Buy until a full month, since I'm sure that's what they'll tell me.

My problem is that I threw away my receipt by accident. Is there a way, either in person or over the phone, to verify my purchase? I found on my credit card statement the transaction, but I'm not sure if that's enough (assuming points don't come through by the end of the month).

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Did you preorder online or in store? If you did it online, there for sure will be a record of it that you should be able to access. If you did it in store, I'm pretty sure these is a way for a rep to look for it. I'd call the CS number so that you're not waiting around at the store and the level of expertise to find things like this are spotty. Provide your RZ number and they should be able to find it.

[quote name='dkl415']i got Bioshock Infinite pre-ordered and picked up on April 1st, the last day for the $20 back eligibility.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]

Log into myrz.com. It should have the customer receipt# on your date of purchase and the CS can look it up.

Thanks.[/QUOTE]If you preordered and picked up in-store, log in to your RZ account at myrz.com, click Points & Purchases, and find the 4/1 purchase corresponding to Bioshock Infinite. There should be a Customer Service PIN in the little window that pops up when you click for more details on the purchase--as long as you have that PIN, a CS rep can find all of the information you need.

Am I the only person who noticed they said they had no points pending from it? I took that to mean it's not listed on their rewards account, perhaps I took it the wrong way, but that's my perception.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Am I the only person who noticed they said they had no points pending from it? I took that to mean it's not listed on their rewards account, perhaps I took it the wrong way, but that's my perception.[/QUOTE]

No, that's why I ended up recommending him/her to call in. When I call, the issue gets resolved 95% of the time....but that could be because I'm silver.

[quote name='Saix_XIII']Am I the only person who noticed they said they had no points pending from it? I took that to mean it's not listed on their rewards account, perhaps I took it the wrong way, but that's my perception.[/QUOTE]I took that to mean they hadn't seen the 1000 points yet.

Has anyone ever had a purchase of a game they didn't buy pop up?
Edit: I'm stupid... wrote all that while my Bioshock Infinite Limited Ed Guide was open next to me... Had Pmed the Amazon Price for 21.93... Seriously... How the heck do I derp that hard???

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back