Best Buy Video Games Clearance Thread

BlackRockWaifu

CAGiversary!
Best Buy Clearance!

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?id=pcat17071&type=page&qp=currentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Offers~Outlet%20Items%5Esoldby_facet%3DSold%20By~Best%20Buy%5Ecurrentoffers_facet%3DCurrent%20Offers~Clearance&list=y&nrp=15&sc=Global&sp=-bestsellingsort%20skuidsaas&st=pcmcat142300050026_categoryid%24abcat0700000&gf=y&sName=Best%20Buy%20Outlet%20-%20Video%20Games&cp=1&seeAll=

I know there's probably been clearance threads in the past, but I just got an email and saw a couple of these items, and haven't seem them reach this price before, at least not in Best Buy. I even searched all over CAG to see if someone else posted this but couldn't find it, if this isn't relevant or someone already posted, just deleted it, I know how people react to pointless threads anyway.

A few interesting prices:

PS4

Assassin's Creed Black Flag: $17 (Store)

Rabbids Invasion: $12/$5 instore

Skylanders: Swap Force Starter Pack: $12

NBA 2k14: $10

The Wolf Among Us $14

Alien Isolation: Nostromo Edition - $18

The Walking Dead: Season 1 - $18

The Walking Dead: Season 2 - $17

The Order 1888 - $20

Samurai Warriors 4-II - $35

Xbox one

Assassin's Creed Black Flag: $10

Ryse Legendary Edition: $21

DmC Devil May Cry: Definitive Edition - $15

State of Decay: Year One Survival Edition - $24

Killer Instinct: Combo Breaker - $16

The Wolf Among Us - $13

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate - $27

The Walking Dead - $26

PS3
Borderlands Presequel: $18
Duck Dynasty: $7
Disney Infinity Starter Pack: $18
Skylanders: Swap Force Starter Pack: $12

Assassin's Creed Black Flag: $10
Just Dance 2014: $10
Just Dance 4: $
Band Hero: $6
Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition: $52
Call of Duty Advanced Warfare GOTY - $32
Dark Souls 2 - $12
Dragon Age Inquisition - $19
Little Big Planet 3 - $28
Blazblue Chrono Phantasma Extend - $36
Xblaze: Lost Memories - $36

Xbox 360: 

Borderlands Presequel: $10

Duck Dynasty: $7

Dark Souls 2: $10

Darksiders 2: $10

Far Cry 4 Kyrat Edition: $70

Battlefield 4 - $10

NHL 15 - $27

Forza 4 - $18

Dragon Age Inquisition - $15

Guitar Hero Aerosmith $6

PC

Sim City: $7

Watch Dogs: $10

Dragon Age Inquisition - $19

Starcraft 2 HOTS - $18

The Buraeu: Xcom - $4

Sid Meier's Civilization Beyond Earth Rising Tide - $24

Singularity - $2

Warhammer 40,000 Space Marine - $4B

Black Gold Online - $8

Wii U

Ninja Gaiden 3: $7

Lego Batman 3: $12

Call of Duty Black Ops 2 - $27

Assassin's Creed 3 - $16

Wii

Sonic Boom: Rise of Lyric - $24

UDraw Doods - $2

3DS

Lego Batman 3 - $10

DS

Glory of Heracles - $6

Vita

Borderlands 2: $10

MLB 14 The Show: $7

Walking Dead Season Two: $7

The Wolf Among Us: $7

Arcana Heart 3 Love Max!!!!!: $32

Hyperdimension Neptunia U; Action Unleashed - $22 
tumblr_mqd3ukvPeE1qbvovho1_500.gif

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 3 V Generation - $24 
giphy.gif

BlazBlue: Chrono Phantasma Extend - $28 

5e20dd0139ef2a5a67743dff146324c1.jpg

XBlaze Lost Memories - $28

Operation Abyss: New Tokyo Legacy Launch Edition - $32

Lego Batman 3 - $10

There's way more, just look for yourself.

Thanks all for their contribution to the thread!

Thanks to Htz, Josef, Durden26, Headphoneboy, J7d7c7, Derrick1979, Bloomy, Jiryn, plowboy3982, AvengedBacklog, Kotor15, BigTime2Play!

Congratulations to those who were able to take advantage of the deals! 

Shout outs to Groo the Wanderer, iBranflakes, Chemosh013, ghost1914, Roninalchemist, McCHitman, charlie3000k, GuitarMan, marineal, the Gooseler, jello44, cancerman1120, BearsFan11, Sky Ray, neb9, Invicta 61, mightymek, jimbo8574, Kenshindono.

Enjoy your games guys!

The deals at the Best Buy Clearance outlet changes a lot, sometimes weekly, maybe even daily, so many of the deals might not been there by the time you read the thread, and I might miss a lot of them as well. So I give special shoutouts to those that help contribute to the thread, and inform me of what is, or isn't there. Thanks a lot!

Again, if this is old just delete it, but there's definitely some new deals I haven't seen before, and couldn't find the clearance thread (if there is one) on the front page anyway. Thanks.

EDIT: also this is my first thread ever.

Thanks for the awesome comments guys!

As a Wiki thread now, feel free to edit it, or post new deals in the comments/or expired deals and I'll update the thread.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys, huge shoutouts to Josef and BigTime2Play for the updates. I made a huge update to the thread, removing some old deals and adding a bunch of new ones so check it out, and feel free to tell me if I need to add/remove anything else.

Also, I'll like your comments soon, I've reached my like quota for the day (serves me right) so I'll pay my like debts tomorrow.

Also, I added a few Easter eggs to the BBC thread to spice things up a little with some foreplay since it's getting a little dead/flaccid here.

Anyway guys, enjoy!

A few more I noticed.  I'm personally waiting for them to drop further so everyone please let them stagnate to another price drop ;)

PS4:

Shadow Warrior - $20.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shadow-warrior-playstation-4/7902792.p?id=1219300829379&skuId=7902792

Samurai Warriors 4-II - $34.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samurai-warriors-4-ii-playstation-4/4347701.p?id=1219734816438&skuId=4347701

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition - $39.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/payday-2-crimewave-edition-playstation-4/1237004.p?id=1219481188438&skuId=1237004

Also, Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (3DS) has an in-store clearance price of $23.99 (verified at multiple locations).  Online it is still $29.99.

Thanks guys, huge shoutouts to Josef and BigTime2Play for the updates. I made a huge update to the thread, removing some old deals and adding a bunch of new ones so check it out, and feel free to tell me if I need to add/remove anything else.

Also, I'll like your comments soon, I've reached my like quota for the day (serves me right) so I'll pay my like debts tomorrow.

Also, I added a few Easter eggs to the BBC thread to spice things up a little with some foreplay since it's getting a little dead/flaccid here.

Anyway guys, enjoy!

okblht.jpg

Lol... the title...

What's next?

TIT? Target Information Thread? The logo does slightly resemble a nipple...

ASS Thread? Amazon Shopping Service Thread, Check out our warehouse for some BIG deals!

PC Dicks and Son? I mean Richards... thread?

The Sears and Mejier threads seem to be quiet lately so let's combine them into the S&M thread...

And the Steam thread can changed to "Hot and Steam-y" 

Maybe the Japanese Niche Game Thread can be called the "JAV thread" Japanese Authorized Videogames Thread...

Lol... the title...

What's next?

TIT? Target Information Thread? The logo does slightly resemble a nipple...
ASS Thread? Amazon Shopping Service Thread, Check out our warehouse for some BIG deals!
PC Dicks and Son? I mean Richards... thread?
The Sears and Mejier threads seem to be quiet lately so let's combine them into the S&M thread...
And the Steam thread can changed to "Hot and Steam-y"
Maybe the Japanese Niche Game Thread can be called the "JAV thread" Japanese Authorized Videogames Thread...
[attachment=19550:image.jpg]

A few more I noticed. I'm personally waiting for them to drop further so everyone please let them stagnate to another price drop ;)

PS4:

Shadow Warrior - $20.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/shadow-warrior-playstation-4/7902792.p?id=1219300829379&skuId=7902792

Samurai Warriors 4-II - $34.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samurai-warriors-4-ii-playstation-4/4347701.p?id=1219734816438&skuId=4347701

Payday 2: Crimewave Edition - $39.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/payday-2-crimewave-edition-playstation-4/1237004.p?id=1219481188438&skuId=1237004

Also, Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright Ace Attorney (3DS) has an in-store clearance price of $23.99 (verified at multiple locations). Online it is still $29.99.
are those really the deals? I thought Payday 2 retailed at $40. I've seen it between $20 and $10 a bunch of times so that's a terrible price. Also I paid $6 for Shadow Warrior during a PSN flash sale a while back. I'm surprised retail is still over $20.

Thanks, I've been wanting to play the DLC for a while now.

Buy now that I've finally picked it up I'm sure that a upresed definitive edition will be announced.
Considering how much money Bethesda put in to the Dishonored port to make it high res (little to none) I wouldn't expect BioShock to be much better.

Got the PS3 version for $10 at Amazon on Black Friday, but still a good price with GCU.

Even though I got the vanilla game as a PS Plus freebie, the complete edition was the cheapest way that I could get the Burial At Sea expansions.

I would actually like a Definitive Edition. Not for the graphics facelift or whatever, but so I can play it on PS4. Love this game. Too bad about Irrational Games going under.

BOOKER, CATCH!

Hyperdimension Neptunia Re:Birth 3 V Generation - $23.99
WARNING, there have been a lot of defective copies of this game, and best buy had a lot of them!

Oops, forgot to check the date on that post.... :wall:

WARNING, there have been a lot of defective copies of this game, and best buy had a lot of them!

Oops, forgot to check the date on that post.... :wall:
Still sorta relevant as I saw one copy at a store earlier this week down to 17.99 before GCU. It's a giant YMMV that you'd be able to find one in store though at this point.

d

Got the PS3 version for $10 at Amazon on Black Friday, but still a good price with GCU.

Even though I got the vanilla game as a PS Plus freebie, the complete edition was the cheapest way that I could get the Burial At Sea expansions.

I would actually like a Definitive Edition. Not for the graphics facelift or whatever, but so I can play it on PS4. Love this game. Too bad about Irrational Games going under.

BOOKER, CATCH!
oes anyone know if the xbox 360 game can be played on xbox one?

Does anyone have the 24/7 best buy elite plus phone number? I don't have my card anymore. I just ordered something online right at 12:00, the price changed between the time I hit submit and when I was at the "place order" and it went up $50. Need to get in contact with them ASAP....

Does anyone have the 24/7 best buy elite plus phone number? I don't have my card anymore. I just ordered something online right at 12:00, the price changed between the time I hit submit and when I was at the "place order" and it went up $50. Need to get in contact with them ASAP....
Best Buy Elite Hotline

Once something is on clearance at best buy, that means it's gone for good once the stock depletes, correct? Reason I ask is because they have one copy left of Onechanbara and thinking if they'll never get them back I should grab it.

Is this still the place to come for BBC?
Sadly no more... we still operate though, just come through the back door for the BBC... heh heh, get it? "back door"... okay, sorry...

I was away for a while, so I'll update the thread again, and "get it up" and running soon.

As for them restocking, I don't know how it works, but any item I've seen on clearance, I've never seen in store again after a while, but I think there were items online that revert sometimes.

A couple more in-store clearance prices for games I saw today:

Tropico 5 Limited Edition (PS4) - $20.99 ($16.79 after GCU)

Samurai Warriors 4-II (PS4) - $29.99 ($23.99 after GCU)

Lost Dimension (Vita) - $23.99 ($19.19 after GCU)

I'm not sure why some games like these have different prices than the BB website, yet others match the website (for example, Corpse Party: Blood Drive was $31.99 like the website).  I guess it pays off to scan everything to look for differences.

At risk items for BB are different than the ones on the site.

Stores have more discretion when it comes to clearance items, and they can clearance them at their own discretion to the lowest at risk price allowable while still not losing money on them.

There's always a point for BB where they will start losing out on the cost of the item if they sell it below that price, so just depends on the store really.  This is why in-store clearance prices are generally YMMV from store to store sometimes.

Most stores don't give a crap, and just clearance it down to the lowest price immediately in hopes of getting rid of it before they get dinged for taking a hit on selling it below that price if to doesn't get sold.  There's a report of at risk items that get printed out every day for each store, and the more at risk items that are on that list, the worse it looks for the management staff for that store, so it's best to just get rid of those asap.  They can still sell it at $31.99 if they want, but B&M have more control over the prices than online, which isn't based off the same system.

And corporate hits stores on their P&L with charges for items that are end of life and don't sell.  So managers don't like that and will be more aggressive if something is nearing that point.  What's EoL also varies by store.

Indeed.

B&M just have too many numbers they have to deal with, and it's a daily thing, so most stores will just be aggressive and try to hammer down those numbers every day as the list expands daily as well.  And yes, things are put on their on a daily basis, not just by week.  Stores that are more confident, and higher volume stores might even keep the in-store price to match the online prices, but most stores will not even deal with it because it looks awful once the item goes into the red, and beyond the end of life mark as mentioned previously.

Corporate HATES IT when merch has to be sent back because a B&M couldn't sell it, so basically it has to be sold, or it'll look bad on the store overall.

CoD: Advanced Warfare GotY Edition (PS3) was marked at $13.99 clearance in my local store. $13.99 was shown on the shelf divider and it rang up at $13.99 at the register. Best Buy's website has it on clearance for $31.99, so might be an in-system typo... or regional YMMV?

CoD: Advanced Warfare GotY Edition (PS3) was marked at $13.99 clearance in my local store. $13.99 was shown on the shelf divider and it rang up at $13.99 at the register. Best Buy's website has it on clearance for $31.99, so might be an in-system typo... or regional YMMV?
Just read a few posts up, and that'll explain the reason for the difference.

A couple more in-store clearance prices for games I saw today:

Tropico 5 Limited Edition (PS4) - $20.99 ($16.79 after GCU)

Samurai Warriors 4-II (PS4) - $29.99 ($23.99 after GCU)

Lost Dimension (Vita) - $23.99 ($19.19 after GCU)

I'm not sure why some games like these have different prices than the BB website, yet others match the website (for example, Corpse Party: Blood Drive was $31.99 like the website). I guess it pays off to scan everything to look for differences.
Do you have the SKU for Tropico?

Thanks!

I got Sleeping Dogs:DE for X1 @ $8.99/7.19 GCU. This was the Orange, CA. store. With tax it was $7.77!

I had an expiring $5 GC to Bestbuy. I am glad I looked here since I couldn't find anything to spend it on until now. I got Shadow Warrior for just under $3 bucks, not bad. 

Oh and you can add Payday 2: Crimewave Edition (PS4) to the in-store clearance items.  It was $16.99 before GCU discount.

Professor Layton Vs. Phoenix Wright (3DS) - $24.99

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/professor-layton-vs-phoenix-wright-ace-attorney-nintendo-3ds/7412029.p?skuId=7412029

This had been delisted for a very long time, but suddenly showed up again last night. It's currently going for about double that on Amazon.
Except it hasn't been available within 250 miles of any zip code I enter, so bumping this OLD thread was a waste when you could have created your own current thread, so most of us would have known not to waste our time here (but why put in the effort if you don't have to?).

Except it hasn't been available within 250 miles of any zip code I enter, so bumping this OLD thread was a waste when you could have created your own current thread, so most of us would have known not to waste our time here (but why put in the effort if you don't have to?).
You're also a couple days late. It was in stock when he posted it. Thanks Josef!

bread's done
Back