Best Buy YMMV Thread

mikeshinobi

CAGiversary!
Can we have a thread where we share deals we find at our local Best Buys? Of course they're always YMMV but it would give us ideas of what to look out for.

I have two local best buys and each of them had different deals:

Best Buy #1:

• Dragon Quest Builders 2 (NSW): $15.99
Best Buy #2:

• Disgaea 4 (NSW): $15.99
  • Dead Cells (NSW): $10.99
  • Radiant Historia: Perfect Chronology (3DS): $12.99 (didn't get this, very sad)
  • Some other 3DS title I was extremely sad I missed out on (3DS): $10.99
There were some others but these were the ones that stood out the most that I can remember.

Also for anyone who doesn't know, if your Best Buy has a price placard out for a game but they're sold out, you can ask an employee to order it for you from their website and they will match their in-store price! Of course they have to have stock on the website though.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn’t aware you could price match online now. Is it pretty simple? I’ll have to look up how to do it…as I can’t recall seeing a price match link on the site. Thought it was only possible either in person or on the phone with BB main #.
I did it with Bravely Default a few weeks ago. First rep was looking for every reason possible to deny me. Closed the chat, started a new one. 2nd rep pm'd with zero hassle. So I'd say it's an uneven experience and just depends on who you get. There's a link to open a chat for pm request on the following bby page.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/customer-service/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002

I did it with Bravely Default a few weeks ago. First rep was looking for every reason possible to deny me. Closed the chat, started a new one. 2nd rep pm'd with zero hassle. So I'd say it's an uneven experience and just depends on who you get. There's a link to open a chat for pm request on the following bby page.
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/customer-service/price-match-guarantee/pcmcat290300050002.c?id=pcmcat290300050002
Aaah, it’s through a chat. I’m sure it can be tough, as you described. Thanks for the link. Maybe one day if they get really advanced, they’ll make it so you just have to paste the link of the competing website item and it’ll “smart detect” whether to match it or not.

Check your email to see if you got a my best buy mystery cert email. I got $5
126540-I-Got-A-Rock.gif

Anyone know if BB is doing a 9PM for the OLED Switch? Can't call in anymore and my local store is an hour away.
Not sure about best buy, but I asked the guy at gamestop tonight if they were doing a midnight launch and he said that Nintendo doesn't let them do midnight launches anymore. I imagine it would be the same for best. But who knows he may not have known what he was talking about.

A side question, i got one fo the free $5 reward but not sure what to spend it on.  Does does the preorder then cancel roll the $5 in point back to my account

A side question, i got one fo the free $5 reward but not sure what to spend it on. Does does the preorder then cancel roll the $5 in point back to my account
If I'm understanding you, you can't apply the $5 reward to a pre-order, BUT when you pick up the pre-order you can apply the $5 reward and it will roll $5 onto a trade card for you.

If you are talking about the bonus $5 some accounts got, if you cancel an order it is gone.

The ones you earned they reissue, but not for these.
Can someone confirm pretty sure i did it before. In a bind since they refuse top let me use the $5 on psn card

I didn't get it last year and this year either. I even did some pre-orders this year mainly of some otome Switch games, but yeah nothing.

I got a $5 cert. Anyone recall when you had to print off and walk into a BB to see the amount?

I got a $5 cert this time. There were at least 2 or 3 others this year where I didn't get them.
Yup at least 2. As I got one of the previous ones that expired at the end of november iirc which I used it for mario kart 8 deluxe when it was on sale so I got it for 21 iirc. The one prior to that I didn't get either.

I was browsing at BB the other day, and saw several (random?) video games were listed with a “Total Tech Member” price discount. It looked like a TTM subscription was 200 a year, so it seemed kinda like it could be used as a (original prices) GCU knock-off, but obviously not as good if you were only buying it for games, since it didn’t apply to all games.

Has anyone heard anything about this?

I used to get these promo emails all the time, but nothing for about the last six months.

I was browsing at BB the other day, and saw several (random?) video games were listed with a “Total Tech Member” price discount. It looked like a TTM subscription was 200 a year, so it seemed kinda like it could be used as a (original prices) GCU knock-off, but obviously not as good if you were only buying it for games, since it didn’t apply to all games.

I got a message about it yesterday for Xbox Series X consoles. They were only selling them to people who had the Total Tech membership.

Just saw it with my own eyes
cd7a6ccbfd5806d6aa4632c024a3c597.jpg

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

X1 Versions

Control Ultimate - $16.99

ARK: Survival Evolved - $12.99

Monster Hunter World: Iceborne Steelbook Edition - $20.99

Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games - $8.49

As much as I can appreciate why BB is trying to do this with Total Tech, it really seems like BB is rolling this out terribly while angering many of its most loyal shoppers.
I had already qualified for Elite Plus through the end of 2023 and had it taken away so yeah this situation is BS. No way I would ever pay for total tech after this.

Bloodstained 2 (Switch) was still $30 for me, but I was able to grab

Doom VR (PS4) $7.50

Sayonara Wild Hearts (Switch) $15

Doom VR (PS4) $7.50

I found Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night for $12.99 and I think that's what they actually meant (and not Curse of the Moon 2 which is a game from limited run and unlikely to be discounted much, if at all).

Doom VR (PS4) $7.50

I stopped at a Best Buy that was close to my Costco and found Sayonara Wild Hearts for 10.99. Not many games period in that store. I didn’t even see any recent Switch releases there. There was some more games in the Xbox and PlayStation area, but I didn’t find any good clearance deals (and also a lack of recent titles).,

I stopped at a Best Buy that was close to my Costco and found Sayonara Wild Hearts for 10.99. Not many games period in that store. I didn’t even see any recent Switch releases there. There was some more games in the Xbox and PlayStation area, but I didn’t find any good clearance deals (and also a lack of recent titles).,
Vegas store? I say that because my bby is by a Costco and it had Sayonara for $10. Also found Foreclosed and Very Very Valet for ~$10 each tio.

Final BB in my area without having to cross a bridge.

PS5 

Foreclosed - $7.99

PS4

Oddworld: Soulstorm Steelbook - $15.99

Samurai Jack: Battle through Time - $15.99

Spiritfarer - $9.49

X1

Just Dance 2021 - $7.99

Override 2: Ultraman Deluxe Edition - $9.49

Switch

Geminose: Animal Popstar - $12.99

Final BB in my area without having to cross a bridge.

PS5

Foreclosed - $7.99

PS4

Oddworld: Soulstorm Steelbook - $15.99

Samurai Jack: Battle through Time - $15.99

Spiritfarer - $9.49

X1

Just Dance 2021 - $7.99

Override 2: Ultraman Deluxe Edition - $9.49

Switch

Geminose: Animal Popstar - $12.99
are these games just mixed in the general population or in another area?

bread's done
Back