Best CAG Forum Thread (non-deal) 2007

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Using the above voting system, cast your vote for Best CAG Forum Thread (non-deal).

Last year's winner:

Best CAG Forum Thread (non-deal): The Official "PS3 Ebay Scalpers Wall of Shame"

It's a known fact that CAGs hate hoarders and scalpers. So what better way to show their disdain than to create a thread filled with pictures of eBay PS3 scalpers and lots of comments making fun of them. Hopefully they lost money on their auctions too. Don't feel bad for them, they deserved it!

I don't know if this really counts or not, but I think the Child's Play Charity thread was certainly the best in showing everybody the generosity of the CAG community.

My nomination: Child's Play Charity thread

[quote name='thespamofpower']CAG family album: http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=154227[/QUOTE]I was actually the one who started the first picture thread:
http://www.cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?t=153150

However, credit goes to guinavere for the thread title change. ;)

Overall, the Family Album thread is one of my favorites too. I felt it was a good way to get to know the CAG community much better. I still wonder if anyone is going to mention one of the crazy threads I did at one point. :p

I checked back to the Child's Play charity thread more than any other, so it gets my vote.

The Xbox coffin support group is really depressing, but a valuable resource.

I would have to say the TP/Spoon thread made me laugh the most, so I would have to agree with that one.

I have fond memories of the DJK8E thread, if only because it was when I really started posting actively. That also was the day that I first posted in the OTT.

However, I thoroughly enjoyed the CAG Family Album thread. I was disappointed at the lack of participation on some users' parts, but overall, it was a good thread. So my vote probably goes to it (the CAG Family Album, that is).

The "Coffin Support" thread made you feel welcome, in a "calling hours" sort of way. The "Brawl" thread, for so many of us, did/does not. I vote for solidarity.

I thought there would be more nominations than this, because in every stupid thread someone feels the need to declare it thread of the year.

In any case I'll go with the Official Trade Scams thread.

I had no idea there even was a family album thread, but after spending the past half hour lookin at pics of people, I suddenly want to be nicer to them.

Oh well hopefully it wont last long.

either way teh fam album thread gets my vote.

Wow, I'm very glad the family album thread I initially started (I initially called it CAG Post your picture thread or something) worked out great. I was thinking it was going to go downhill and end up closed, but it ended up living and doing well. Thanks to MusicNoteLess for taking all the people from the thread and organizing it into one. I know a lot of CAG members had a completely different view of how I looked and I had the same feeling towards many. Very memorable thread indeed. :)

This isn't really the category for it, but I really felt like "Gerstmanngate" was the overall gaming Story of the Year. It burned white-hot for a weekend, but look at what's happened at Gamespot (and elsewhere) in its wake. It could very well be a turning point that changes the game in the coming years.

Or, it could be a dud bottlerocket left in the humid cellar of gamer apathy for a year.

Another nom for CAG Family Album. Awesome thread because so many actually participated and made it a positive thread overall.

bread's done
Back