Best Game Trading Website 2008

Trade Games Now

Though I've been a member of GTZ longer, TGN has been my trading site of choice for years now, and in my opinion it's community can't be beat. No offense CAG, I love you too :).

Tradegamesnow with gametz second. I've used both sites for years but would give the nod to tradegamesnow right now because I find the atmosphere more mature and friendly.

When I decide I want a game, I want it now.......not months later after getting tossed in some stupid waiting line. I think goozex would be ok if your biggest goal is to avoid going to EB and were terrified of actually talking to someone and negotiating your own deal. I hate the idea that some website is going to tell me what I will get for my stuff, especially when so many of their titles' values are completely out to lunch. I would use goozex for buying older games but expect I'll get them long before one actually becomes available. Goozex also doesn't seem to take condition into account at all other than whether it has a manual and a box.

[quote name='Y2k_UG']Goozex also doesn't seem to take condition into account at all other than whether it has a manual and a box.[/quote]
At Goozex if you have a problem with a games condition, it can be mailed 2 to goozex for a full point refund, as long as it legitimately broken, of course.

[quote name='drognar86']At Goozex if you have a problem with a games condition, it can be mailed 2 to goozex for a full point refund, as long as it legitimately broken, of course.[/QUOTE]

Right.......but if I'm tossing out 1000 ($50) trade credits and 100 ($1) swap things for say......Gears of War 2 and I get it, see the case looks like someone spilled their coffee on it and dried it off, the manual is all sticky, and the disc is scratched to hell, but works fine, I'm stuck with it. Goozex only cares if the item doesn't work. Well, I don't know about you, but if I'm dropping $50+ for a game I can buy for only a few bucks more new, I expect it to be in absolutely mint condition.......but could just as easily get some Cheeto eating retard's munched up copy of it.......and wouldn't know til it arrived. If you have an issue with what you receive on a real trading site, you can take it up directly with the other party and work something out.

When you walk into a game store (like EB or whatever), you can see what shape the game is in before you buy it. Gametz and TGN also support systems that tell you the condition of the item before you trade for or buy it. Feedback tells others what that person's word is worth. People can adjust the value based on the condition of the item, which is fair.

Sorry, but I think goozex has a LONG way to go before it catches up with either TGN or Gametz. .......and another thing..........if Goozex has all these thousands and thousands of users, why does it have so few games available? There are waiting lists for the crap games, too. :whistle2:\

[quote name='Y2k_UG']Right.......but if I'm tossing out 1000 ($50) trade credits and 100 ($1) swap things for say......Gears of War 2 and I get it, see the case looks like someone spilled their coffee on it and dried it off, the manual is all sticky, and the disc is scratched to hell, but works fine, I'm stuck with it. Goozex only cares if the item doesn't work. Well, I don't know about you, but if I'm dropping $50+ for a game I can buy for only a few bucks more new, I expect it to be in absolutely mint condition.......but could just as easily get some Cheeto eating retard's munched up copy of it.......and wouldn't know til it arrived. If you have an issue with what you receive on a real trading site, you can take it up directly with the other party and work something out.

When you walk into a game store (like EB or whatever), you can see what shape the game is in before you buy it. Gametz and TGN also support systems that tell you the condition of the item before you trade for or buy it. Feedback tells others what that person's word is worth. People can adjust the value based on the condition of the item, which is fair.

Sorry, but I think goozex has a LONG way to go before it catches up with either TGN or Gametz. .......and another thing..........if Goozex has all these thousands and thousands of users, why does it have so few games available? There are waiting lists for the crap games, too. :whistle2:\[/quote]
Goozex does have Conflict Resolution, you can talk it out to the other member, I believe you get points back if no resolution in some time. I believe its called "Feedback Dispute" and its a newer feature for goozex.

You know, based on this thread and others I went to go look at gametz.com since I hadn't heard of the site before. Wanted to check the place out. First thing I see is a thread about this nomination and tons of user posts that completely turned me away from that site. What a bunch of a-holes.

GameTZ.

I use both GameTZ and Goozex and have no problems with either of them but GameTZ just has that certain something... character, charm, life, love, whatever... it rocks!

Goozex makes me very, very happy. I received 60 games from trades on Goozex this year, and the only thing I need now is time to play them all.

www.tradegamesnow.com is the best!

ew.........Goozex, aside from getting Marvel Vs capcom 2 from that site, that site is crappy. I guess its good if you like waiting a really really long time for a recently released game to get to you. I dont get why people like it more than gametz or tgn though..baffling.

Gametz here, although if this category was based on the most-friendly, i would have to choose another site.

Or for most trolled, definitely Gametz.

It's GameTZ for me. Goozex is just too much of a pain in the ass to use and while CAG isn't eligible, I don't like trading here much either just because when you create threads in the trading forum, they're quickly buried before anyone gets a chance to see it.

I've used GTZ for 7 years now and I see no reason to change.

My first post here in forever ;) ... Without a doubt, my answer would have to be TradeGamesNow. It was the first site I ever traded video games online through, and though NintendoAge is catching up with it, it's still the best around. GameTZ is hard to use and is full of cliques and morons, Goozex just sounds messed up (what with the paying to trade games and all), and Digital Press just seems too dated. NintendoAge would be #1, except that it's virtually impossible to get a good deal there. At TGN, one can still get a deal (there's one certain user that sells many different brand new (past couple months' release) for $36-$44 shipped, for example), while being virtually accepted as one of the proverbial guys within the first couple forum posts/chat sessions. TGN is a close-knit community with users of all sorts of various backgrounds, as well as a Pay-It-Forward program, which, though purely voluntary, has seen more than 30 participants giving or receiving items from as little as one music CD up to such things as a Nintendo Wii system and an Xbox 360 system. I've completed around 265 trades there over the course of my 5+ years as a member. If you haven't tried it, it's definitely worth an effort :) .

I don't understand how anyone can say they like TGN. That site is a shit-hole and has been ever since its original owner left the site to concentrate on his real-world job. I've poked my head in every once in a blue moon and I've seen no indication whatsoever that it's changed. The kids that were in charge ran it like dictators. Whatever they didn't like, they either banned the user or just deleted the forum threads.

The databases were poorly maintained and I was essentially ran off the site for something that was beyond my control. Never again will I use that wretched site.

[quote name='The Creeper Kamikaze']I don't understand how anyone can say they like TGN. That site is a shit-hole and has been ever since its original owner left the site to concentrate on his real-world job. I've poked my head in every once in a blue moon and I've seen no indication whatsoever that it's changed. The kids that were in charge ran it like dictators. Whatever they didn't like, they either banned the user or just deleted the forum threads.

The databases were poorly maintained and I was essentially ran off the site for something that was beyond my control. Never again will I use that wretched site.[/quote]
Agreed, TGN looks like absolute crap, I don't know how it was before but its sure it sure as hell is not attracting me.I assume you use GameTZ from your judging by your sig. I use Goozex and love it, the complexity of the site is truly amazing and its very fast and convient+they have an excellent community.

The flexibility of GameTZ but the ease of Goozex...my trading has slowed down big time since 2008, but my favorite is still GameTZ.

bread's done
Back