Best Game Trading Website 2008

[quote name='The Creeper Kamikaze']I don't understand how anyone can say they like TGN. That site is a shit-hole and has been ever since its original owner left the site to concentrate on his real-world job. I've poked my head in every once in a blue moon and I've seen no indication whatsoever that it's changed. The kids that were in charge ran it like dictators. Whatever they didn't like, they either banned the user or just deleted the forum threads.

The databases were poorly maintained and I was essentially ran off the site for something that was beyond my control. Never again will I use that wretched site.[/QUOTE]

You should tell the whole story Edge...Tell them how you shafted the people in the Secret Santa...Dont play like you are innocent and hate the site because they ran you off.

TGN is much better without you.

[quote name='Ace!']You should tell the whole story Edge...Tell them how you shafted the people in the Secret Santa...Dont play like you are innocent and hate the site because they ran you off.

TGN is much better without you.[/quote]
Shut up, ya prick. Why would he lie need to lie about TGN? The site is crap anyway, look at the site statistics on Compete or Quantcast, their pathetic is comparsion to gooozex or gametz. Goozex, has been around less than half as long and alreadly pwns them. Congrats,you fail and so does TGN:applause:.

[quote name='drognar86']Shut up, ya prick. Why would he lie need to lie about TGN? The site is crap anyway, look at the site statistics on Compete or Quantcast, their pathetic is comparsion to gooozex or gametz. Goozex, has been around less than half as long and alreadly pwns them. Congrats,you fail and so does TGN:applause:.[/QUOTE]

If the site isnt for you, thats fine. You dont even know the situation I am talking about...so maybe you should learn to shut your mouth? I am glad I fail because I have been here on CAG and gotten 63 feedback here. Glad you are making a good first impression to the CAG community...maybe thats why you have no trades.

[quote name='Ace!']If the site isnt for you, thats fine. You dont even know the situation I am talking about...so maybe you should learn to shut your mouth? I am glad I fail because I have been here on CAG and gotten 63 feedback here. Glad you are making a good first impression to the CAG community...maybe thats why you have no trades.[/quote]
I don't really care, this thread isn't for flaming. I also have habit of sticking up for people I don't know. Oh, and maybe why I don't have much trades on CAG is because I have a decent site to trade, unlike TGN imo.:hot: Not saying I don't love CAG, but like a lot of members I don't use it for trading.
Right now, I'm just here to vote for a great site that I think is a worthwhile experience.
Oh, and I think the community's probably happy I stood up to you, go complain over PMs or something, this thread is for voting, thats it.

[quote name='Ace!']You should tell the whole story Edge...Tell them how you shafted the people in the Secret Santa...Dont play like you are innocent and hate the site because they ran you off.

TGN is much better without you.[/quote]

He has what? At least 1500 more successful trades than you? And you are questioning his integrity? vDub/Creeper/Edge is a great trader and I know from personal experience that he is.

[quote name='jericho69']He has what? At least 1500 more successful trades than you? And you are questioning his integrity? vDub/Creeper/Edge is a great trader and I know from personal experience that he is.[/QUOTE]

We traded before, I know he is good.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='drognar86']I don't really care, this thread isn't for flaming. I also have habit of sticking up for people I don't know. Oh, and maybe why I don't have much trades on CAG is because I have a decent site to trade, unlike TGN imo.:hot: Not saying I don't love CAG, but like a lot of members I don't use it for trading.
Right now, I'm just here to vote for a great site that I think is a worthwhile experience.
Oh, and I think the community's probably happy I stood up to you, go complain over PMs or something, this thread is for voting, thats it.[/QUOTE]

Stood up to me? Not sure what you are talking about...I was just responding to Edge and why he was booted off TGN...and you wanted your 2 cents input.

I voted for my site...and you have yours as well.

[quote name='darkslime']digitpress, because I seem to get the most trades there.[/QUOTE]

I will have to check them out. Just signed up for Goozex.

PlaySwitch.com

Great site, easy to use, and many current releases on there, though it is harder to find older releases. Also, every trade is guaranteed, which is awesome.

Playswitch.com

I've traded almost 50 games on this service. I've never had a big problem trading games on their site and the guys have been awesome in fixing and issues that have come up.

PlaySwitch.com

Very easy to use, no waiting in lines, you pay what you want for a game, you want to pay more, they accept it, boom game, Sbucks are comparable to real bucks, no weird point system, I read all the nominations for Goosex and Gametz and tried them out fully planning on ditching Playswitch if there was a better site out there, I can't believe I'm number "long wait" for Rock Band 2 at a set price of 1000 points, wtf are 1000 points, and do I really wanna wait for a number of people in front of me too long for the site to list. Now going over Gametz but goosex seemed to get more nominations so I tried them out first, oh and goosex, 100 free points does not constitute a free game.

[quote name='kube00']sigh..this time of year brings out the lurkers...[/QUOTE]
This. :lol:

I don't really trade much anymore, mostly just use CAG, but if nothing else I'd say goozex.

GameTZ.

I deal more in older, cart-based games. If Goozex had a database of their own, and not a license through Muze(?) for their selection, I would probably use it a lot more.

NintendoAge is a great collector scene, but it's centered around NES (although it's trying to expand into other Nintendo systems), so it kinda loses out the grand scheme of things.

DigitPress was awesome when it had the arcade games, and Metseta(?). I never really liked their idea of a feedback system, though. It's just a thread in a forum. That's probably why I like GameTZ the most. You have a detailed history of what you've traded in the past, and you can look up the trading patterns of others. It lets you know the caliber of person you're going to be trading with beforehand.

I heard that CAG has a trading system now, correct? Can someone throw me link regarding it? I'm curious to see how this site has tackled the trading model.

Goozex. I finally started using it last year and I couldn't be happier. Getting more for my games is a big plus for me.

bread's done
Back