Best Game Value 2009

I really don't understand why the prices are listed since not everyone paid those amounts.

I will continue to keep my vote confidential as asked.

[quote name='KingBroly']I really don't understand why the prices are listed since not everyone paid those amounts.

I will continue to keep my vote confidential as asked.[/QUOTE]
[quote name='CheapyD']I'm working on putting the finalists together and I see a lot of people listing Metroid Prime Trilogy and mentioning the $20 price tag.

You should not take sale prices into account when voting on this category!
See the OP:
What game was released in 2009 that was most worthy of its full retail price?[/QUOTE]

That.

I voted Metroid Prime Trilogy, just because it has an awesome case, art book and three games on one disc at the price of around 50 dollars.

Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection. This had ridiculous value, and it was one of the only collections (perhaps the only) that included all Phantasy Star and Streets of Rage! So many fantastic games, some of which I still own carts for, so many worth paying. I hope they consider a similar idea for their Sega CD games.

If I had bought none of those games already and had to pay full MSRP while still wanting the most game for my buck, I'd have to go with Fallout 3 GOTY, of course...:twisted:

This was a really difficult choice for me, especially when it comes to game prices and what games are deserving of the price that is set for it.

But Uncharted 2 was amazing. It felt like playing a movie. Like I was in an action film about adventuring and treasure hunting, but without the wheezing and cookie breaks that I'd have to have as an adventurer. :p

So it gets my vote.

This one is tough. I got tons of play out of Borderlands. Williams Pinball is so many types of awesome. Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection is also awesome.

Even with the collections, Borderlands was still my favorite all year.

Tough choice, but i would go with Fallout 3 even though at 59.99 its still worth it with all those expansion packs with it. If it doesn't win i hope Metroid trilogy does, that comes close 2nd for me.

Some excellent values listed here. But many are the original games and MSRP or a bundle of a game that has been out and on sale + DLC for full MSRP.

My vote has to go with Sonic's UGC. There's just so many games there. All the Phantasy Star's, Streets of Rage, Sonic and my favorite....Shining Force. To get such a large package of games for $30 on release day and like $20 now? Winner

So much good competition this year but ultimately I went with Fallout 3 GOTY since it's one of my favorite games and you can't beat all that content in one package.

Borderlands and Dragon Age are so great for their replayability and just RPG nature/having to level up which makes the game even longer. It took me 100 hrs to beat DAO once with a level 20 Warrior and I have 2 more classes to go. And recently I got Borderlands but it's going to take a long time to hit level 50 with my Soldier and that doesn't include the other 3 classes.

God of War Collection, Metroid Prime Trilogy, and Sonic's UGC are also notable for packaging multiple individual games together that up your play time considerably.

MW2, RFG, and Uncharted 2 also deserve recognition for having lengthy single player/co-op components as well as even lengthier multiplayer components which also makes them endlessly replayable.

This may be the most difficult category yet! AHHHHHHH! I'm so torn but will stick with Fallout 3 since it was robbed last year IMO which in turn might rob a worthy nominee this year. Sigh.

I'm gonna' have to vote for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection; having so many great classics for a mere $29.99 is an undeniably awesome value!

[quote name='Vigilante']I'm gonna' have to vote for Sonic's Ultimate Genesis Collection; having so many great classics for a mere $29.99 is an undeniably awesome value![/QUOTE]

Just picked this up at Best Buy last week for $20.00 and I concur, really good value.....but Borderlands still has my vote. This collection was really easy for trophy boosting though.

bread's done
Back