Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
lol, some of the hookers are nice n friendly.
we have chilled/toked blunts with a pimp and some of his grrls. but there are so many gross old lady ones it's disgusting.
the cops don't really care here in stl, more involved in murderers. i wish the cops cared more but whatev.

oh yeah, but hopefully all these bestbuy gift cards make it, I want a new DS someday, lol.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Velo214']lol, some of the hookers are nice n friendly.
we have chilled with a pimp and some of his grrls. but there are so many gross old lady ones it's disgusting. the cops don't really care here in stl, more involved in murderers. i wish the cops cared more but whatev.[/QUOTE]

Those are some nice paintings, really gives the room an aura.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']Yes.
:applause::applause:

[/QUOTE]

:D

it stills said "waiting to receive' but on the usps website, it says delivered. is this normal.

Does anyone know if you can take a game or two off of your shipping log to bestbuy? If someone knows how can they please tell me? Any help would be be appreciated.

yeah mine was waiting to receive til may 1st, when they actually got mine on the 20th.
They don't change the status til the verify your orders.
It always ends well :) happy rolling hot chix ;)

[quote name='nakanenui']updated the OP with some commonly asked questions. The bestbuy site is a little confusing as it is more geared towards electronics and not really games. If you want PM me with more questions to put in the OP. Again, I dont know how much longer they will keep giving such good trade values on games from the spring list, so get your stuff in fast.[/QUOTE]

Several of the 30 dollar games are now 20 including lbp and NCAA football 2010. Madden 10 too, I think.

[quote name='cheeky']Several of the 30 dollar games are now 20 including lbp and NCAA football 2010. Madden 10 too, I think.[/QUOTE]

LBP is 10. Lol

I sent in 5 copies of LBP at that ez trade site. They better give me the $150 or i'm going to go to NH and kill all of them, and their pets.

[quote name='Estebon']I sent in 5 copies of LBP at that ez trade site. They better give me the $150 or i'm going to go to NH and kill all of them, and their pets.[/QUOTE]

I sent in 10. Lol they told me in an email that you will recieve your quoted price, as long as it's within 30 days

I sent mine in 1 day after I submitted the order. I would have sent in 10, but the site seemed fishy as hell, so I decided to wait.

I've never sold many games before online but I got too good a deal on 4 games that I'm selling to best buy. What is the best way to send this for cheap? Should I go to the post office, Fedex, or what?

I was thinking USPS since i just saw a commercial about as much as you can fit in a box for a low price, but who knows.

[quote name='KMunley']I've never sold many games before online but I got too good a deal on 4 games that I'm selling to best buy. What is the best way to send this for cheap? Should I go to the post office, Fedex, or what?

I was thinking USPS since i just saw a commercial about as much as you can fit in a box for a low price, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

When you process the trade-in/sale through their site, they will give you a prepaid shipping label for either USPS or UPS. You don't need to worry about paying for it. You get those values and they will pay you to ship it.

I sent in a couple batches to Best Buy followed by a couple batches to the PayPal one. Just got the first Best Buy batch Verified at full value yesterday.

[quote name='KMunley']I've never sold many games before online but I got too good a deal on 4 games that I'm selling to best buy. What is the best way to send this for cheap? Should I go to the post office, Fedex, or what?

I was thinking USPS since i just saw a commercial about as much as you can fit in a box for a low price, but who knows.[/QUOTE]

If you're doing this deal then you'll get a prepaid shipping label. The two I did were via USPS. I'm guessing in some instances some folks are getting UPS labels since they give an FAQ about UPS as well. Either way, you're not paying for shipping under this program.

[quote name='shiftomnimega']If you're doing this deal then you'll get a prepaid shipping label. The two I did were via USPS. I'm guessing in some instances some folks are getting UPS labels since they give an FAQ about UPS as well. Either way, you're not paying for shipping under this program.[/QUOTE]

[quote name='dvdactor']When you process the trade-in/sale through their site, they will give you a prepaid shipping label for either USPS or UPS. You don't need to worry about paying for it. You get those values and they will pay you to ship it.

I sent in a couple batches to Best Buy followed by a couple batches to the PayPal one. Just got the first Best Buy batch Verified at full value yesterday.[/QUOTE]

Thanks to both of you, do you just need to supply your own box (if you have it, or buy it from USPS? I have boxes, so if i go there with the 4 games in the box and the prepaid shipping labels, am I good to go without paying a penny?

[quote name='dvdactor']When you process the trade-in/sale through their site, they will give you a prepaid shipping label for either USPS or UPS. You don't need to worry about paying for it. You get those values and they will pay you to ship it.
[/QUOTE]

To add to this comment, make sure you check your weight allowance for the package and stay under it. It looks like they allow ~ .5lb per game, which is generally quite doable but also not too hard to go over if you're using tons of packing materials.

Well now that Beatles: Rock Band (360) is getting $9 on dealtree, I guess I am going to have to take 4 copies to Gamestop. Exciting stuff. I should have locked it in before, but I didn't know how many i would have to trade in. Oh well.

[quote name='cheeky']Several of the 30 dollar games are now 20 including lbp and NCAA football 2010. Madden 10 too, I think.[/QUOTE]
So does this mean for those of us who traded in our copies before the price change will get the full $30 amount?
If not then I might just hold onto my games.

[quote name='Jeff Stephen']So does this mean for those of us who traded in our copies before the price change will get the full $30 amount?
If not then I might just hold onto my games.[/QUOTE]

Like I said before, they told me in an email that if you got quoted at $30, then you're getting $30. As long as the game comes in the condition you described it as.

"Thank you for contacting us. Your trade-in #XXXXXX will be honored at the initial quote price of $30.00.Payment will be issued within 7-14 days of receipt at the video game processing facility. We appreciate your business."

anyone ever have it "delivered" in cockeysville, md? that's the first time it said it was delivered in cockeysville, md

Delivered, May 01, 2010, 3:18 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030
Arrival at Post Office, May 01, 2010, 3:17 pm, COCKEYSVILLE, MD 21030
Processed through Sort Facility, May 01, 2010, 3:45 am, BALTIMORE, MD 21233

although i find it weird how it arrived at the post office at 3:17 and then it was delivered at 3:18.. weird

Finally got notification that they received my games. 7 games for $170 gift card. I was getting worried considering delivery confirmation was 17 days ago... but hopefully will be getting my giftcard in 7-14 days.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']anyone ever have it "delivered" in cockeysville, md? that's the first time it said it was delivered in cockeysville, md

although i find it weird how it arrived at the post office at 3:17 and then it was delivered at 3:18.. weird[/QUOTE]

It was delivered to a PO Box probably.

[quote name='exileinoblivion']I see that Tekken 6 dropped from $30 to $20. I submitted my trade when it was $30 they won't drop my value when they receive it will they?[/QUOTE]

They shouldn't, but nobody knows for sure

So ill ask this again since no one answered or maybe missed it.

Has anyone received the money from dealtree? and also they received my package was received on may 1st but on the dealtree website it said "waiting to receive" but its already there. is it getting verified or something?

[quote name='david12795']So ill ask this again since no one answered or maybe missed it.

Has anyone received the money from dealtree? and also they received my package was received on may 1st but on the dealtree website it said "waiting to receive" but its already there. is it getting verified or something?[/QUOTE]

It will take usually 10 days from when usps says delivered before the website status changes.

[quote name='ChunkyLover78']anyone ever have it "delivered" in cockeysville, md? that's the first time it said it was delivered in cockeysville, md

although i find it weird how it arrived at the post office at 3:17 and then it was delivered at 3:18.. weird[/QUOTE]

I'm from around that area. The post office and the facility are within 5 minutes walking distance from each other.

[quote name='hqn101']It will take usually 10 days from when usps says delivered before the website status changes.[/QUOTE]

ah darn :(

ill probably get my money in like 2 weeks then.

One shipment took 7 days to go from waiting to receive to verified (after it was delivered). The same shipment has been "Payment pending" for 9 days now (since last Friday). For anyone who's received their giftcards, what does the final status say? Payment sent?

On a related note, has anyone gotten anywhere with the ebay.eztradein.com site? My box is still waiting to be verified.

[quote name='radioactivez0r']I was out of town for 10 days, when I got back my $120 gift card was waiting in the mail.[/QUOTE]
Congrats :)

[quote name='rr423']uh oh now im nervous little big planet changed from 30.00 to 6.00 should i still send it my confirmation says 30.00[/QUOTE]

Yes, they should honor it. If anyone has their copy of LBP check in within the next few days and it comes in at $30, you will know for sure. But they have a 30 day policy, so as long as it gets in on time you should be alright.

thanks josh for the quick response, i have had no problems ever with amazon honoring it so im hoping its the same kind of thing.

My package was received (according to USPS) on the 26th, but the status hasn't changed at ebay.eztradein.com. So it's been 8 days, though only 5 business days. I'm not sure if they are talking about only business days. I'm not worried, but I am having second thoughts about sending in another package. I might just take less and send it to gazelle - I sent them a game later which arrived on the 30th and they already marked it as verified, with payment on the way (though I haven't gotten the Amazon gift card yet).

OK, EZtrade-In folks, good news!

I just got paid for my "test" trade today.

Here are the details:

- Mailed on April 20th
- Received (according to DC) on April 23rd
- Verified on April 30th, with note saying I will be paid within 7 days
- Paid 3 days later via PayPal

That definitely makes me feel better about the one I sent in last week and the one I have ready to go today.

[quote name='rr423']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dealtree_Inc

scaryy.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, someone posted that earlier in the thread. Look at the actual reviews, though. There are 10 at most posted in 2010, and most in general are buying / selling monitors or Wiis. It's easy to dispute the condition of hardware like that, what's new, what's used, etc. But with trading games, a disc either works or it doesn't.

Things seem to *knock on wood* be moving along find for everyone here. Seems like everyone's gotten confirmation emails, and people are slowly starting to get their money.

[quote name='rr423']http://www.resellerratings.com/store/Dealtree_Inc

scaryy.[/QUOTE]

I think we should submit some positive ratings for them, pending the results of our trades. When I read those reviews, I was hesitant to send anything in. However, it appears they have honored all of our trade in values while throwing in a lengthy 30 day submission period. We also have completely screwed them over with some of these trades (LBP, Beatles: RB, Toy Story, Saboteur, etc.) and they have not rejected these trades. I think the only complaint could be that it takes awhile to receive your funds, or at least confirmation of the trade value.

How they plan on turning a profit is a whole 'nother issue. Hopefully some of these nice TIV values last. Cash is much better than Gamestop trade in creds.

[quote name='io']OK, EZtrade-In folks, good news!

I just got paid for my "test" trade today.

Here are the details:

- Mailed on April 20th
- Received (according to DC) on April 23rd
- Verified on April 30th, with note saying I will be paid within 7 days
- Paid 3 days later via PayPal

That definitely makes me feel better about the one I sent in last week and the one I have ready to go today.[/QUOTE]

Thanks for the update...mine was received (DC) on the 26th, I'll update when I get verified

bread's done
Back