Bestbuy.com / Dealtree EZtrade-in programs (trade games for BB gift cards or PayPal)

nakanenui

CAGiversary!
Feedback
8 (100%)
So I happened to find a list of their games that they are giving some good money on, I guess to compete with Gamestop. Here is a copy of the list. I dont know if you have to trade in more than 1 game to get the deal, but thought others would be able to chime in with their experience. Of note is the hot shots golf trade in for PS3 (if you were able to get it from the sears clearance).

link
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/Video-Games-Gadgets/null/pcmcat203500050000.c?id=pcmcat203500050000

Added by Io: Note that you can also trade games in using this site:
http://ebay.eztradein.com/ebay/
which is handled by the same processor (Dealtree) used for the Best Buy program. In this case, though, you can get PayPal payments instead of Best Buy gift cards. The trade-in values and processing methods seem to be exactly the same.

-----
I tried looking for the $20 and $30 trade in value games but came up empty, if you want to provide the link so I can add it here, let me know via PM.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
UPDATED: since it keeps getting asked

1. Can I take them to a physical store?
Games need to be mailed in. If you try to do an instore trade from the website it will redirect you to mailing it in.

2. How many days do I have to mail it in?
30 days from initiating the trade. Mail it in ASAP as the processing time until you get your money differs and could be a wait.

3. Are trade in quotes locked in or do they get valued at time of processing?
Get your games in fast enough and you will not have to worry about this. But the majority believe that you are locked in as long as it gets there before the 30 days are up.

4. Do games have to be complete?
Case, Manual, and working game are your only options. So yes, full credit if you have everything. But we are not too sure on how they determine scratches affecting playability (if they physically test the game during processing). Just clean all smudges and fingerprints prior to mailing, and if you have deep scratches it is up to you to chance them saying the game does not work.

5. What happens if they say the game is worth less than trade in quote?
You can either accept their valuation or PAY to have your game shipped back to you.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='nbalive2005']What would be the best way to trade in 5 games at the same time?[/QUOTE]

An average sized box, or a larger bubble mailer/envelope? Not sure what you're asking here

Just got my 410$ paypal it should have been 430$ they said one of my games the sabeteur for xbox360 was unplayable wtf!!!! they were sealed brand new games how could it be unplayable i had to shoot them an email to see whats up?

I got my $70 BB gift card last week from my first trade. I got verification of trade values and pending PayPal from my second trade on yesterday...the PayPal was deposited a few minutes ago with no fees. The second trade didn't take as long as the first (about 10 days from shipment to receipt of funds). My third trade is shipping off later this week, and I will try to squeeze in a 4th before prices drop further.

Just checked and most of the prices I looked up are now different from the master list. Assassin's creed 2 is now a 20 dollar title, same for littlebigplanet and bioshock 2.

Might need a complete redeux of the list.

It looks like they did a massive payment today. I, too, got paid for a 2-game trade (Beatles RB 360).

Here are my stats: delivered 5/3, verified 5/7, paid 5/10. Not bad - they seem to be getting better from my first test trade. If only they had been a little faster with that first test trade I would have sent them more trades instead of taking less for some things at Gazelle and Amazon.

[quote name='nbalive2005']What would be the best way to trade in 5 games at the same time?[/QUOTE]

1.Buy roll of Duct Tape
2.Mummify 5 games inside cocoon of duct tape
3.Print up pre-paid shipping label from DealTree, affix with MORE duct tape
4.??
5.Profit!

Well I got a payment of $96.00 today, so in total I've gotten $116.00 from them.

Still waiting to get verified on Dark Void, and contemplating sending in Darksiders, even though it dropped to $20. I'm not getting any bites @ $30 on craigslist; hmmmm

In case none of you are paying attention to the Sears thread, Imagine: Family Doctor:ds: is selling for $.97 there and gets $10 a copy from Deal Tree/ Best Buy.

It also gets $6-ish at Gamestop after 30% bonus+EDGE.

Got my giftcard today. To recap

Bestbuy received my games on 4-22
Verified value on 4-30
Received giftcard 5-10

18 days total. Hopefully they'll get a bit more efficient over time. :)

Damn, waited too long.

Uncharted 2 lost 10 dollars and sacred lost 14 dollars. no point in me using this now. Might as well keep all my games. :(

[quote name='nbalive2005']Damn, waited too long.

Uncharted 2 lost 10 dollars and sacred lost 14 dollars. no point in me using this now. Might as well keep all my games. :([/QUOTE]
They do give you 30 days to send in your stuff, so you should have 'locked in' the values by putting in an order and getting the pre-paid label sent to you(via their website).

At least then you know you would be getting that amount and have at least 10-20 days to finish up any games you wanted to finish before sending them out.

That's what many of us did.

if anyone wants to put some of there cash in limbo amazon warehouse has guitar hero 5 for xbox 360 for 11.99! it trades in to deal tree or best buy for 20 bucks so if you order 10 copies with free super saver shipping for like 120 you get 200 bucks back.

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']In case none of you are paying attention to the Sears thread, Imagine: Family Doctor:ds: is selling for $.97 there and gets $10 a copy from Deal Tree/ Best Buy.

It also gets $6-ish at Gamestop after 30% bonus+EDGE.[/QUOTE]

Amazon had the value on Family Doctor at $9 until it dropped on yesterday to $5.75...we may see a drop with Delatree/BB soon, so yall might want to go ahead and submit those trades.

[quote name='msriflegirl']Amazon had the value on Family Doctor at $9 until it dropped on yesterday to $5.75...we may see a drop with Delatree/BB soon, so yall might want to go ahead and submit those trades.[/QUOTE]
Exactly. That's why you 'lock in' the trade values before they tank. Unlike Gamestop, you're almost guaranteed to get the lock-in price.

[quote name='msriflegirl']Amazon had the value on Family Doctor at $9 until it dropped on yesterday to $5.75...we may see a drop with Delatree/BB soon, so yall might want to go ahead and submit those trades.[/QUOTE]

They already did, its down to $6 now.

I made a trade through Bestbuy's direct trade in site and received my $420 gift card in the mail (took them about a month). I just printed my first EZtradein.com shipping label a minute ago and noticed that it is also run by Bestbuy......except you get paypal cash instead of giftcards.....SWEET!!!

[quote name='craig.courtney']The reviews for the people that run this (dealtree.com) are terrible. I think ill pass. Terms and agreements talks about the estimate doesnt mean anything, what they value it when they receive it is what you get. Seems shady, ill take the 7 dollar loss on Bioshock 2 from Amazon or sell/trade it here.

http://www.resellerratings.com/seller2409-p2-s1-d1.html[/QUOTE]

I think everyone that received a giftcard/paypal credit should give them a positive review specifically for videogame tradeins. I know these reviews scared a lot of people tempted to try this out, including me.

I've still got 3 games to send out from the original deal (entered on the site on 4/27). I'm not going to get them in the mail until Saturday. Hopefully I don't run into issues with getting the full value (Beatles Wii and 360 plus Toy Story Mania Wii). It only takes a few days to get there, so hopefully I'll be all right.

I received my bestbuy gift card yesterday. I sent 3 games out on 4/15, USPS showed they arrived on 4/20, They verified my games on 5/1, I received my gift card on 5/11. Just shy of a month total turn around time.

Sweet! I got the full quoted values on the games I sent in.

$189 GS Credit >> $300 PP Cash
I then also got paid $11 to upgrade my vanilla LBP to GOTY.

Stats:
Mailed: 5/3 (from SoCal)
Delivered: 5/10
Verified: 5/12
Paid: ???

[quote name='intoxicates']I made a trade through Bestbuy's direct trade in site and received my $420 gift card in the mail (took them about a month). I just printed my first EZtradein.com shipping label a minute ago and noticed that it is also run by Bestbuy......except you get paypal cash instead of giftcards.....SWEET!!![/QUOTE]
None of them are run by best buy, its all Deal Tree. They also run the trade in for Toys R Us and gazelle.

[quote name='Drkirby']None of them are run by best buy, its all Deal Tree. They also run the trade in for Toys R Us and gazelle.[/QUOTE]

It was odd to me when I printed a label from EZtradein.com, the ship to address is: Best Buy Video Geams Trade-in Center... I do understand they are all run by dealtree.com. Now I am concerned that they may link my email to bestbuy's trade in site and send me gift cards instead of Paypal Cash. I'll be happy either way; however, cash is always better!!!!!

Very pleasantly surprised. I thought I was going to run into some issues because I waited so long, but everything seems to be going as planned.

Locked in prices: April 10
Sent in: May 4
Received: May 7
Verified: May 12

Looking at $500-plus in Best Buy gift cards. Think I'll be buying a new TV!

[quote name='Velo214']thinkn of tradin in tekken 6/wolfenstein/etc. I wish they would put a tiv for NIER...im gettn ready to trade this pos in, lol[/QUOTE]
What's so bad about NIER? I heard it was supposed to be an action RPG more along the lines of Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom and not a typical Square/Enix RPG(aka turn based:puke:).

If that's the case I might consider a trade, though I don't think I have anything you'd want on my TL(maybe MAG, unless you've played it already).

[quote name='crunchewy']I've still got 3 games to send out from the original deal (entered on the site on 4/27). I'm not going to get them in the mail until Saturday. Hopefully I don't run into issues with getting the full value (Beatles Wii and 360 plus Toy Story Mania Wii). It only takes a few days to get there, so hopefully I'll be all right.[/QUOTE]

Don't worry about it. I just had a Beatles RB 360 verified at $20 and that dropped to $9 way back on May 1st if not earlier. The Wii version of Beatles RB and Toy Story Mania are still worth $20 so definitely no problem there!

[quote name='intoxicates']It was odd to me when I printed a label from EZtradein.com, the ship to address is: Best Buy Video Geams Trade-in Center... I do understand they are all run by dealtree.com. Now I am concerned that they may link my email to bestbuy's trade in site and send me gift cards instead of Paypal Cash. I'll be happy either way; however, cash is always better!!!!![/QUOTE]

That's the way they do it - I've been paid via PayPal for ezTrade-in trades sent to the "Best Buy" processing center. As someone said, it is all Dealtree anyway. It's a little disconcerting that the packing slip for ezTrade-in only has an order number on it and not your name but just to be safe I always stick an address label on there, plus I write the ezTrade-In trade # on the address label above the "Best Buy" portion (like how it shows the address before you print it and it comes up different).

[quote name='IAmTheCheapestGamer']What's so bad about NIER? I heard it was supposed to be an action RPG more along the lines of Untold Legends: Dark Kingdom and not a typical Square/Enix RPG(aka turn based:puke:).[/QUOTE]

Hey, I prefer turn-based RPGs to mind-numbing, button-mashing, carpal tunnel-inducing, action RPGs (not that I'm saying Nier is like that as I have no idea what it is, really). So one man's puke is another man's gold and vice versa I guess ;).

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='io']
That's the way they do it - I've been paid via PayPal for ezTrade-in trades sent to the "Best Buy" processing center. As someone said, it is all Dealtree anyway. It's a little disconcerting that the packing slip for ezTrade-in only has an order number on it and not your name but just to be safe I always stick an address label on there, plus I write the ezTrade-In trade # on the address label above the "Best Buy" portion (like how it shows the address before you print it and it comes up different).
[/QUOTE]
Thanks for the tips IO, I'm gonna follow those tips next time I trade games in!!

[quote name='intoxicates']Thanks for the tips IO, I'm gonna follow those tips next time I trade games in!![/QUOTE]

Well, it seems they don't show the "ezTrade-In" part of the address any more, even before you print the label. And I just packed one and forgot the address label sticker on the packing slip. Oh well ;).

[quote name='Drkirby']None of them are run by best buy, its all Deal Tree. They also run the trade in for Toys R Us and gazelle.[/QUOTE]

*cough* BestBuy owns Dealtree.

NIER is ok at best. I mean, the story is unique but that's not a reason to get a game I think, but idk. It's like a bad demon's souls without the difficulty and all areas are repeated 5 times and it is a constant fetch quest. You find lots of weapons but I used my 2nd bought weapon til I got my 3rd bought weapon and it has been great all game, just mashing square. Darksiders is infinitely more complex and interesting. My kids like the story/sans the curse words and I have them farming/fishing but it just isn't fun. I shouldnt plat it but I want to and gamestop will give me 30 with included bonuses so I may go that route. idk. still waiting on my tekken6/callof juarez package i sent in last week.

alright so these values have all changed right? i was excited about getting $20 for infamous and $30 for LBP but it looks like theyre both down to 10 now...

[quote name='io']Hey, I prefer turn-based RPGs to mind-numbing, button-mashing, carpal tunnel-inducing, action RPGs (not that I'm saying Nier is like that as I have no idea what it is, really). So one man's puke is another man's gold and vice versa I guess ;).[/QUOTE]
:D To each their own. Yet I've had that Untold Legends game 2-3 times since I first got a PS3 and I never finished it even once. Maybe one of these days.:lol:

Awesome BestBuy verified 3 tekken6's n 3 callofjuarez i got from gamefly. 72-150. woot
and they were not perfect condition, so i got lucky they took it. crosses fingers but this has been great so far. n yeah beat nier 1st time...i guess it's better after you beat it.

I'm getting stuff verified in like 2 days now (after delivery), much better than my first test trade. They are still a bit slow on the payment side, but that's OK as long as they acknowledge receipt and value!

bread's done
Back