Big Fish Games $2.99 Game Deals: Murder, She Wrote & Royal Envoy

Otty Ott

CAGiversary!
Today's Big Fish $2.99 Daily Deal game is:

Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate - a match 3 game.

Click here for Trial Of The Gods: Ariadne's Fate

Now no coupon code needed. To get the $2.99 price, you must either be a Game Club member or do the 1 month Game Club trial which you can cancel after buying the game.

Big Fish has also started a $2.99 Catch of the Week:

Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven - A hidden object game.

Click here for Redemption Cemetery: Curse Of The Raven

Now no coupon code or Game Club membership needed. Available to everyone.

I will update this post every day for the new game each day.

Last edited by a moderator:
Gamezebo review:

"In short, it's hard to call Peter Flat's Inflatable Adventures anything but disappointing. Aside from some cool 3D effects in the driving mini-games like going up and down hills, there's not much to praise. The best part of Peter Flat's by far is the cartoons that help to advance the plot in between mini-games. It's a shame that none of the essence and character of these animations made it into the actual game."

Pros: Fun cartoons move the plot forward. Can complete tasks in any order.

Cons: Uninspired levels. Frustrating one-hit death. Vague gameplay instructions. No autosave feature. Load time between levels.

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

Read the full review here:
http://www.gamezebo.com/games/peter-flats-inflatable-adventures/review

Through September 22, they are offering Azada and Azada : Ancient Magic for $2.99 each in addition to each day's sale game. There was mention a while ago that a new Azada game would be announced soon, so this sale may be leading up to that announcement. Azada and Azada : Ancient Magic.

Gamezebo review:

"All in all, NevoSoft's latest doesn't leave us as stunned as some of its previous efforts. But production values remain high as ever, play is eminently enjoyable and the overall degree of polish doesn't disappoint. The bottom line being as follows... Pantheon isn't perfect. But it still deserves every bit as much praise as veneration as featured entities such as Surya and Vishnu, from whom the developers drew inspiration."

Pros: Dazzling looks; Nifty soundtrack; Indian theme; Well-balanced play; Collectible trophies

Cons: Few twists and turns; Low challenge level; Replay value

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/pantheon/review

Gamezebo review:

"All in all, Restoring Rhonda is a moderately entertaining, five-hour match-three challenge with a simple and amusing story, and some unique art restoration tasks. It's a good way to spend the afternoon, provided you don't expect much replay value, and don't mind a bit of repetition as you play."

Pros: Unique art restoration tasks. Quirky and interesting graphics. Amusing story and characters.

Cons: Match 3 component has limited obstacles and power ups. Easy to beat. Limited replay value.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/restoring-rhonda/review

Gamezebo review:

"Fishdom is well-implemented and easy to play. While it won't give you the same level of challenge (and combo rewards) as Bejeweled, it's a cute tile matching game for non-competitive casual gamers who want a title to play in short spurts. If you're looking for a screen saver and enjoy decorating tanks for simulated fish, then it's even better."

Pros: Good music and relaxing atmosphere. Good pacing. Tanks are customizable. Game doubles as a screen saver.

Cons: Not original. Limited power-ups and combos. Moderate challenge.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars Player rating: 4 out of 5 starts

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/fishdom/review

Finally a really popular, really great game. Not sure why Gamezebo didn't like it better. They just seem to be over match-3 games. Fishdom has an aquarium simulation side similar to Fish Tycoon. As far as casual games go, Fishdom is one of the really good ones and well worth $2.99.

Gamezebo review:

"Because the game-play is so close to many other time management simulations, and because of some user interface issues and lost opportunities with the story, Ice Cream Mania is merely an average game that could've been a lot more if the developers worked out sweet ways to make the game more unique and engaging."

Pros: Addictive little time management game. Can buy upgrades for your store. Earn gifts on your journey. Many customer types.

Cons: Similar to every other restaurant management game out there. Some minor interface issues an possible technical glitches. Story doesn't go anywhere. Only one game mode.

Rating: 3 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/ice-cream-mania/review

If only it came with real ice cream....

Gawd, what I'd do for some Edy's Loaded Caramel Cone Crunch right now...

Gamezebo review:

"Say goodbye to your significant other, drop the dog off at the kennel and prepare to kiss your free time goodbye... Slingo Quest Hawaii, latest in the multimillion-selling series - and the first and best to successfully fuse the two all-consuming pastimes of slots and bingo - is finally here, and it's about to rearrange your entire life. Just one caveat: Much as newcomers can't help but be charmed by the outing, series veterans should expect simply incremental, not revolutionary, gains over past iterations, making it a welcome, albeit hardly earth-shattering upgrade."

Pros: Superb graphics and sound effects. Fun for all ages/interests. New bonuses, extras and backgrounds. Adds fresh tricks, play modes. Still the same core concept you know and love.

Cons: Offers only incremental gains on prior outings. Gets repetitive over long-term play. Randomized action may drive you up the wall.

Rating: 4 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/slingo-quest-hawaii/review

The past few days have been pretty good for this sale. Fishdom is really fun and now Slingo Quest Hawaii... Slingo is surprisingly addictive mindless fun. Just gotta play one more level kinda game. And Slingo Quest Hawaii is probably the best version of it.

Gamezebo review:

"A faster, hipper spin on the standard tile-matching equation, the best discovery of all is that 10 Talismans doesn't just play like a class act. It also looks the part.

Warning: Single-stage play sessions can stretch past the 20 minute mark. Nevertheless, from the catchy soundtrack - a synthesizer-heavy interpretation of classic Asian melodies - to its finely-balanced blend of head-scratching excitement, you'll find the total package a most honorable amusement."

Pros: Killer audiovisuals; Exotic theme; Interesting bonuses and power-ups; Always something new to see

Cons: Few play modes; Later levels require large time commitment; Light on plot

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/10-talismans/review

This is a great game. I've had it since it first came out and think very highly of it. You won't breeze through it either, since the levels last so long. None of this "You finished the level in 39 seconds" stuff like so many matching games today. This one makes you work and that is a good thing.

Gamezebo review:

"Hide and Secret: Treasure of the Ages isn't horrible, but it's lack of ingenuity, dialogue that will make players roll their eyes and some evident game-play issues all result in a slightly below-average experience. Perhaps if the developers took the time to add something new to the genre and better playtest the game-play, it would be worth playing. But as it stands, let Jacques steal the treasure - it ain't worth going after."

Pros: Accessible game-play; colorful comic book storyline

Cons: Does not do anything new for this genre and what it does the same, it does not do quite as well; too easy; some items look too similar; lots of item repetition; only one game mode; poor voice acting

Rating: 2 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/hide-secret-treasure-ages/review

There is no Gamezebo review of this game. However, the game was also released on Xbox360 and there are many reviews of that version. On game rankings, it has an average score of 59.21%. I am not sure if the two versions are exactly the same or not.

Here is a description of the PC version:

Experience the puzzle sensation that is sweeping the nation. Buku Sudoku offers countless hours of Sudoku puzzle games and even teaches you how to play! Generate countless puzzles using numbers, shapes, pictures, and symbols. Choose from themes like Ancient Japan, Underwater Paradise, and Tropical Rainforest. Create and solve any Sudoku puzzle - even those found online and in newspapers!

• 3 difficulty levels.
  • 2 gameplay modes.
  • Multiple themes to play.
  • Save, print, or e-mail any Sudoku game.

Yawn. I don't really get their system for choosing stuff to put up for $2.99. There has been some great stuff and then you get days in a row of just dreck.

The sale was much better at the beginning when it was their in-house games. There have been some good games lately - Fishdom, Slingo Quest, 10 Talismans... But stuff like Buku Sudoku, Hide & Secret etc are pretty much a waste of time. Hopefully we will get something better tomorrow...

Gamezebo review:

"Frankly, from start to finish, it’s hard to discount the tremendous level of playtesting and polish that’s gone into the adventure. As such, Ancient Quest of Saqqarah doesn’t just stand up there with the medium’s best desktop time killers – in many ways, it’ll also change the way you look at them going forward. Whereas most mainstream-friendly amusements attempt to do one thing well, this landmark game instead delivers multiple thrills in a single, attention-grabbing package. Download today and see for yourself: It’s the type of title you’ll easily be playing weeks hence, and, at least for the next several months, using as a benchmark against which to score all future competition."

Pros: Multiple gameplay variations. Cinematic presentation. Expert blend of balance, challenge and execution. Hundreds of levels. Tons of extras and upgrades.

Cons: Curving pathways sometimes make spotting matches tricky. Some animations can't be skipped.

Rating: 5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/ancient-quest-saqqarah/review

Okay, folks, no bad games today. Ancient Quest Of Saqqarah really is quite special. One of the best casual games available. At $2.99 it is a steal... big improvement over the last 2 days offerings...

Gamezebo review:

"In terms of being a satisfactory sequel, however, Restaurant Rush does everything right by keeping what made Burger Rush work and taking the gameplay in some fun new directions. Fans can rest assured that Restaurant Rush is more than just a rehashed Burger Rush with a few extra recipes."

Pros: Greatly expanded cuisine and recipes. New gameplay elements and strategies. Fun graphics and new customers. Multiple endings.

Cons: Soup and iced tea clicks don't always take. So much stuff to buy that you won't get to see it all. Sub-goals can interfere with getting Expert.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/restaurant-rush/review

Another great game today. Not as good as Saqqarah yesterday, but really good on its own. Restaurant Rush (and Burger Rush before it) sounds like a time-management game like Diner Dash, but the play mechanism is a Match-3 game where you make matches to gather the ingredients for recipes. Where Saqqarah was a game to make you really think, the Rush games tend to be fast paced and frenetic.

I'll have to go back and look through this thread, I am pretty sure someone was actually asking for this game a few weeks ago. Whoever it was, you got your wish!

I LOVE Restaurant Rush! Played the trial awhile back and now I can finally buy the full version!!!!! Thanks, Big Fish!

Gamezebo review:

"It's possible to finish either Anna or Justin's story in less than two hours, but the beauty of Animal Agents is that you can play through the adventure a second time from the point of view of the other character, thus doubling the gameplay length. There's also a Puzzle Mode where you can go back and play a scene individually to beat your best time. Animal Agents won't turn the hidden object genre on its ear, but it's certainly fun while it lasts."

Pros: Sound-based puzzles and other twists. Coherent story. Two characters to play.

Cons: Some mislabeled items. Context issues with soundtrack. Some items hard to see.

Rating: 3.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/animal-agents/review

Animal Agents isn't the best hidden object game I've ever seen, but it is pretty good except for being short. All in all, things are getting much better as we move into the last week of this sale. 3 good games in a row and mostly good games this past week...

This thread is strictly for casual games, many of which wouldn't really make too many hardcore games happy...but there are a lot of them that are fun no matter what type of gamer you are. I've tried to highlight some of those of the past weeks. Hidden object games are like any other genre, if you get a good one, they can be fun. Most people I know have enjoyed Mystery Case Files and Hidden Expedition games. Big Fish's games are rarely designed for a specific gender etc. but for everyone. With match-3 games, there are a lot of terrible ones out there, but there are also a lot of great ones that prove you can take the Bejeweled formula and really do some new, fun things with it. Ancient Quest Of Saqqarah, which was on sale a couple of days ago, is absolutely brilliant and should be enjoyed by almost anyone. Time Management games are often designed for women after the success of Diner Dash, but some companies are figuring out there are ways to do these games in a way that is fun for anyone, like the Build-A-Lot games or even the Farm Frenzy series.

I am also not surprised that the prices on these games keep dropping with competition from the iPhone app store and Facebook games like FarmVille exploding in popularity. It is hard to compete with games like FarmVille that are free (except for optional microtransaction items) when you are charging $19.99 for Farm Frenzy...

In case you haven't been following Facebook games...FarmVille has turned the entire world of gaming on its head. FarmVille now has...get this... 48,000,000 players. That is 30,000,000 more than the second place game (Mafia Wars). And the game was launched in July... I know I spend way more time on FarmVille now than I do on my PS3... Facebook and casual games in general have changed the way I play games. They are cheap. I can get a 5 minute gaming fix. My $60 console games often seem like too much of a time commitment now and often sit unplayed....

Gamezebo review:

"Slingo Quest remixes familiar challenges by adding all sorts of snazzy upgrades, casual diversions don't get much better...Perfect for men, women and children of all ages, interests and skill levels alike, it's one of the finest desktop diversions we've yet had the pleasure of playing. Not to mention the sort you'd be flat-out crazy not to add to your collection.."

Pros: Play mechanics; Presentation; Variety of power-ups, collectibles; Bonus content; Classic and Quest modes

Cons: Much comes down to luck; Minor special item balancing oversights

Rating: 4.5 out of 5 stars

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/slingo-quest/review

Another great game, folks... if you didn't pick up its sequel Slingo Quest: Hawaii last week, you gotta pick this one up. Slingo Quest is so well put together and so incredibly addicting in no-brainer, but fun, way. I've been playing Hawaii all week, replaying levels over and over until I can get all 5 stars on each one. There is so much fun to have in this game...

I am so happy to see this sale ending on a high note after a pretty bleak September. I wonder if they will change their minds and extend the sale into October...if not, it's been fun while it lasted...

Gamezebo review:

"As StoneLoops of Jurassica quickly establishes within minutes of booting up, the title's overall vibe may be downright primeval, but from a hands-on gameplay perspective, it's light years ahead of the competition."

Pros: Keenly-balanced play. Fun twist on proven formula. Great integration of power-ups, obstacles. Fixes common genre problems. Awesome special effects. Great value for the money.

Cons: Annoying voice-overs. Gets tiresome over long sessions. Takes more tries to beat each level than typical casual outing. Victory relies too much on randomized bonuses sometimes.

http://www.gamezebo.com/games/stoneloops-jurassica/review

Yes, Stoneloops is a very good game. It really upped the ante on the marble popper genre and showed there is still life left in it. Luxor and Zuma really have a new competitor. Stoneloops is made by Codeminion, the same developer that made Saqqarah, and the Magic Match games before it. All of their games are quite good.

Edit: Codeminion actually only developed the first Magic Match...they later sold the IP to Oberon...I still like the first game the best, even with its cheesy singing....

bread's done
Back