BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='TLPRIME']I've been trying to take advantage of this promotion for a week, but I'm having the same problem.

I search for an item on live search...click the ebay sposored link that says 30% cash back using PayPal which takes me to the ebay site, but It never gives me a cashback banner or cashback logo at the top of the screen like it's supposed to. I spent 2 hours on ebay Live Help last night but they could not help. The customer service person even asked for the link it gave me and it worked for them when they clicked on it, but not for me.

I did a quick google and it appears this happens for some people. It just won't give me a cashback logo/banner/notification before I commit to buy EVER. kinda sucks[/quote]

Turn of the privacy control part of Norton Internet Security. It does something to referal links/images. That's what I had to do to get the banner to show up.

This is great it's back to 30% and they give us more times~ Time to go shopping again.

I hope I can find a cheap PSP that's in good condition and BIN.

[quote name='Wario64']should i be concerned if i haven't goten the cash back pending yet on my live account? i paid my ipod touch 2 days ago with paypal, using funds from my bank. granted the echeck hasn't cleared yet, but i clicked the message in my.ebay.com and the cash back hasnt shown up yet in live.com.[/QUOTE]

my last purchase took 3 days to show up. I was worried as well

[quote name='Wario64']should i be concerned if i haven't goten the cash back pending yet on my live account? i paid my ipod touch 2 days ago with paypal, using funds from my bank. granted the echeck hasn't cleared yet, but i clicked the message in my.ebay.com and the cash back hasnt shown up yet in live.com.[/quote]

No, I went through the same thing with my eCheck payment. It will come through after it's cleared, no worries.

I just purchased the live vision bundle for $ 38 after cashback. I can't find the TrUs deal anywhere.. but I figured it's still cheaper than buy just the 12 months card..

just ran into someone who wants me to delay his shipment of MY item AND THEN fuckIN' GIVE HIM A POSITIVE RATING!!!!!!!!

Paypal is about to refund my measly 15 dollars ASAP!

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]hey can you leave me positive feedback right now and i will do
the same. i need the feedback so ebay will release the money to
me so i can ship out he memory card. i am flat broke and if you
leave me the positive feedback right now i will ship out by 3
today. thank you
-mike[/FONT]

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]and you can change my feedback for up to 14 days after the
purchase so dont worrie.

[FONT=arial,sans-serif]- m1k31989[/FONT]
[/FONT]

.....ARE YOU fuckIN' SERIOUS?!?!?!? It's a damn 15 dollar item that i used buy it now for!

[quote name='strongpimphand'].....ARE YOU fuckIN' SERIOUS?!?!?!? It's a damn 15 dollar item that i used buy it now for![/quote]
Paypal is holding funds for 21 days after positive feedback is left and in my case I had to provide tracking number to get my money for a package sent USPS firstclass mail that had no tracking number!:bomb:So shipping had to come out of my own pocket.Guess the guy is flat broke.

that's what an ebay rep just told me

to me though, if you list a 14 dollar item....WITH FREE SHIPPING (his mistake!) you better be able to pay the small 3ish dollars to ship that thing out!

he better ask his mama or friend for a few dollars to get this to me! i'd gladly leave a positive message after i see that memory card in my hands properly working on my 360

[quote name='dragoon99']Turn of the privacy control part of Norton Internet Security. It does something to referal links/images. That's what I had to do to get the banner to show up.

This is great it's back to 30% and they give us more times~ Time to go shopping again.

I hope I can find a cheap PSP that's in good condition and BIN.[/quote]

Dude you are my hero. That fixed it! Thanks so much.

[quote name='horriblehager']About the 10% coupon working....
I think it is a standard coupon for everyone!

CFALLSAVINGS10P

Put the code in on checkout but here is the catch, your ebay account must equal the same email account for paypal! If they do not, you can add the ebay account email address to your paypal account via the Profile tab in Paypal and then clicking on Email Address. you can add up to 5 email addresses to one account! All you have to do is click on the link in the email sent to your ebay email account!

As far as Live not working for everyone, the one thing I would try is downloading firefox and using that browser. IE for some reasons has problems keeping cookies correct in the Temporary Internet Files. Or try clearing cache, under tools --> Internet Options and click on Delete Cookies, Delete Files, and clear History Buttons!

Hopefully this works. PM if you successfully get it work![/quote]
Thanks for the tip.

great thread many thanks for all your helps just need to find something to buy now..

Last edited by a moderator:
dude actually refunded my shit! man.....you know you're broke when you can't afford to ship a 14 dollar memory card via USPS....

but i respect it though. i remember times when i couldn't afford stuff too (which will be after this shopping spree)

It's officially stopped working for me.
At least I got 6 purchases in.

Well it couldn't last forever.

360 elite for 229 (before the 30% back). I enjoyed the ride.
Thank you Microsoft, ebay and paypal.

the sponsored link is there but it didn't work... cleared cookies... no go...

was able to get a few rare items alot cheaper though.

oh, I think they even turned off the cashback too through ebay... I have a cheap item left and now it's not showing up the cashback. darn.

My total cash back turned into $130.79.
Holy crap, that means I spent $436 this week. Not including shipping costs.
I guess I'm glad it's over. Can you say hello to Balance transfer to a 2.99% credit card???

gotta be kidding me. looked at a bunch of home theater stuff last night for Christmas gifts (yes it is getting close!), then decided to sleep on it. i really wanted to be sure what to get. now it's gone.

please come back!!!!!

HOLY CRAP it was working a few hours ago, waited for seller to confirm some stuff, now it won't work. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.

[quote name='suffah']HOLY CRAP it was working a few hours ago, waited for seller to confirm some stuff, now it won't work. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO.[/QUOTE]

Am having the same problem, picked out something that will give me the maximum benefit and when I click to confirm I see nothing. I have done it 3 times already too, nowhere near the limit.

Maybe Bill Gates came out of retirement to put a stop on the promo. lol.

Not working for me either. Was about to do some Xmas shopping.

I feel bummed for those who were "contemplating" a purchase.
And I feel kind of bad for sellers who obviously had a sudden up tick in sales despite their high buy it now prices.
Now we are all back to waiting for Great ebay prices, rather than being ok with "higher than B&M prices", with the knowledge that we get 30% back.
But hey, at least it lasted one week instead of one day.

Man, I was about to buy a MBP to replace my current MBP. Searched auctions for like an hour, came down to two that were in my price range, just wanted to confirm a couple of resolution details so I shot off some questions. Checked my paypal account balance + bank account, everything looked good. Come back an hour later and see responses from both sellers, sweet. Decide on the one I want...and damn. I think I missed the window by 1 hour or so at the most. I hope this deal comes back!

the link is the OP to gold coin is working on and off for me it seems.. 30%

earlier the 30% banner would show on the live.com page, but not on ebay.. but now i can see both

one of the things discussed on FW was to open the link on live.com in multiple tabs and one of those (or more) of the ebay pages will show the banner too.. i also had success on this

i'm using firefox btw

[quote name='dohmai']the link is the OP to gold coin is working on and off for me it seems.. 30%

earlier the 30% banner would show on the live.com page, but not on ebay.. but now i can see both

one of the things discussed on FW was to open the link on live.com in multiple tabs and one of those (or more) of the ebay pages will show the banner too.. i also had success on this

i'm using firefox btw[/quote]

i can confirm that the above method works! i could not get the 30% banner to show up on ebay earlier this morning, but after trying the multiple tabs method, i just purchased singstar for ps3 and am getting 15.00 back!

this is in ie 7

[quote name='dohmai']the link is the OP to gold coin is working on and off for me it seems.. 30%

i'm using firefox btw[/QUOTE]

I just opened a good hundred tabs to no avail... it's so frustrating, as I was seconds away from buying something last night, decided to sleep on it, and awoke to find this dead :(

[quote name='wampa8jedi']I just opened a good hundred tabs to no avail... it's so frustrating, as I was seconds away from buying something last night, decided to sleep on it, and awoke to find this dead :([/quote]

...i just tried again but didn't get the banner.

[quote name='crewj']...i just tried again but didn't get the banner.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, after reading your post I decided to try another ~100 tabs or so, still not having any luck.

[quote name='wampa8jedi']Yeah, after reading your post I decided to try another ~100 tabs or so, still not having any luck.[/QUOTE]

i'm not sure.. i'm still able to get the 30% banner on live and on ebay via firefox

perhaps it's something to do with ebay's new format.. looks like they're testing some kind of new layout? there's a little link on the top right to 'opt out'

actually once i hit opt out i lost the banner.. but i clicked thru again and the 30% still showed up.. using either the new or old ebay (though i can' tell the diff..both look the same to me, but i'm not too observant)

guess it's just hit or miss now?

I'm still getting it sometimes in Firefox on a Mac. The Gold Coin banner always comes up, but then the banner on eBay only comes up every so often (8 times in 20 tabs). Best of luck to everyone...

I'm going to order now to be safe.

I purchased a PS3 last week from a seller with fairly good feedback, but they have since been kicked off ebay and my purchase was removed from my ebay. Now I have to file a paypal claim. Very frustrating :cry:

It just worked for me, though the 10% coupon didn't. And my eBay and PayPal accounts definitely share the same email.

Fallout 3 for 60ish, with 17 cashback. Love it.

I just made a small purchase to make sure this is working right. I purchased the item and everything went fine. Then I got the e-mail from ebay, clicked that, and it says, "We're moving your cashback and payment information from Jellyfish to Live Search cashback. It will be available soon, sorry for any inconvenience."

Is that normal? I'm not sure what that even means!

Also, will there be a message from ebay each time I order something? Sorry for the newbish questions.

And my ebay account does not share the same e-mail as my paypal. Is that going to mess things up?

I've never seen that message, but it takes awhile for the cashback to show up. So just wait it out for a little while.

The email sync-up was only in reference to getting the 10% coupon to work. It should have no barring on the 30% cashback.

I just changed it so my paypal, ebay, and live.com e-mail addresses are the same. Hopefully the 30% off amount will show up in my live.com account in a few days. That's normal, right?

Mine have been taking a day or two to show up in the Live account. It appears dead for me too. I tried multiple tabs in Firefox and IE. Oh well it was good while it lasted. Picked up a 120GB Zune, new PSP 3000, and some Nintendo Wii points!

[quote name='munch']I just made a small purchase to make sure this is working right. I purchased the item and everything went fine. Then I got the e-mail from ebay, clicked that, and it says, "We're moving your cashback and payment information from Jellyfish to Live Search cashback. It will be available soon, sorry for any inconvenience."

Is that normal? I'm not sure what that even means!

Also, will there be a message from ebay each time I order something? Sorry for the newbish questions.

And my ebay account does not share the same e-mail as my paypal. Is that going to mess things up?[/quote]
You probably had a jellyfish cashback account at some point. Microsoft's Live.com cashback took the place of Jellyfish.com and they must have had old account information.

[quote name='silent h3ro']You probably had a jellyfish cashback account at some point. Microsoft's Live.com cashback took the place of Jellyfish.com and they must have had old account information.[/QUOTE]

I don't even know what jellyfish is!

After 2 weeks my CashBack still hasn't showed up even though I got a confirmation email from MS the day after I bought the item. What should I do?

[quote name='crewj']i can confirm that the above method works! i could not get the 30% banner to show up on ebay earlier this morning, but after trying the multiple tabs method, i just purchased singstar for ps3 and am getting 15.00 back!

this is in ie 7[/quote]

Worked for me too. :)

i got it to finally start working again doing the same multiple tab method, but each time the 30% off seemed to be getting further and further apart after each purchase

i was using firefox

bread's done
Back