BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='silver001']I know that it is suppose to take 75 days, but to those who have used it, did it actually take that long to receive that money. Now that is the question.[/quote]

yes. thats based on the actual time for myself and others to recieve the money. Its 60 days to get through the timer then an additional 14-15 for them to transfer it into the paypal account.

[quote name='silver001']I know that it is suppose to take 75 days, but to those who have used it, did it actually take that long to receive that money. Now that is the question.[/QUOTE]

Actually took me longer for my first two transactions. I waited 60 days, requested my refund, waited 15 days for but never received it. I emailed them and they said it would take a week longer because of issues they were having. A couple of days later, I got it.

So, just stay on top of it.

Just bought a snowboard I've been wanting to buy for a while. If there's one thing that I spend more money on than videogames, it's snowboarding... sigh. Oh well - a reluctant thanks, CAG!

[quote name='silver001']I know that it is suppose to take 75 days, but to those who have used it, did it actually take that long to receive that money. Now that is the question.[/quote]

Yep, took the full ~75 days. 60 for the cash to become available on Live.com, and then 14 days for the transfer to paypal.

Only took about 8 days for the paypal transfer on my last cash back purchase, I think. Not like that's a big difference.

[quote name='funkydunkleman']Just used this to get me a 120 gb HDD for my 360. I should be getting $27 back.[/QUOTE]

Which seller? One from Hong Kong or the US?

Has anyone been able to get cashback, if the purchase didn't reflect it on the order screen?

My cookies have been acting quite strange, and might have kicked me out of eligibility for this deal :(

It looks like I'll have to e-mail support...anyone else have any luck, or should I prepare for the worst?

[quote name='radjago']Which seller? One from Hong Kong or the US?[/quote]

A US seller. The first couple sellers I tried wouldn't allow for the cash back for some reason.

[quote name='MightyHealthy']Has anyone been able to get cashback, if the purchase didn't reflect it on the order screen?

My cookies have been acting quite strange, and might have kicked me out of eligibility for this deal :(

It looks like I'll have to e-mail support...anyone else have any luck, or should I prepare for the worst?[/quote]

That's what happened to two of mine.

I didn't pay right away, and the user wanted the money sooner than later, and I couldn't wait to look up help or stuff.

If there was any way where I could get it enabled I'd get $21 back..

I will report back if i find out anything...

(Where can I get support? :bouncy: )

Argh, just tried to use this on an XBox Elite Holiday bundle and got this:

Sorry, this item is not eligible for cashback.
This offer requires you to check out on eBay / PayPal but this seller requires a third-party checkout.

At least they bothered to tell me first. Too bad thats the only one with $400 price with free shipping.

[quote name='FadeToOne']Argh, just tried to use this on an XBox Elite Holiday bundle and got this:

Sorry, this item is not eligible for cashback.
This offer requires you to check out on eBay / PayPal but this seller requires a third-party checkout.

At least they bothered to tell me first. Too bad thats the only one with $400 price with free shipping.[/QUOTE]

I saw that quite a bit too. I think some sellers are starting to move away from Paypal. Fees are probably too high. You have to look for some of the smaller resellers and then you're good to go. There are also a lot of free shipping offers right now because Ebay is offering double discounts on FVF for sellers with good scores.

[quote name='misbitski']I saw that quite a bit too. I think some sellers are starting to move away from Paypal.[/quote]

the one he mentioned accepts Paypal, but they use an outside checkout system. i've run into this a few times when trying to use a Paypal coupon; very annoying!

oh, and for those who are curious about the turnaround time for cashback confirmation (from Microsoft), here's my experience. i purchased a PS3 on the 18th, and had the pending cash land in my account yesterday, the 19th. now i just need to wait 58 more days for the funds to be released, according to the countdown timer on my cashback account page. the whole process from BIN to cashback was surprisingly easy, and went much smoother than i first expected. in fact, i wish i'd done it sooner -- i could be watching my movies already. if you're at all on the fence about how difficult this deal is to accomplish, just go for it. it's not that bad.

I picked up a Nokia E66 (n.a. version) about 2 weeks ago when the 30% appeared again, and grabbed a nice Sandisk Ultra II 4gb Micro SDHC card for it tonight for $11 shipped (with a USB 2.0 reader!!). Can't beat that! And the phone is just as slick as it looks - I'm quite impressed with the functionality, size, and build quality. Now if Nokia would just release the N85 North American version while this 30% thing is going on...I need to check out that phone.

But I have to say their marketing gimmick is working on me...I've been buying more off ebay and using live search much more since this started.

Those of you picking up X360 120gb drives...are you grabbing the Refurbs? I keep looking at them, but have yet to pull the trigger. Anyone picked a refurb up on those and been using it for a while?

I picked up a couple of expensive import ps2 shmups I wouldn't have bought otherwise, Mushihimesama and Ibara. Woohoo!

Can someone clarify something for me? Let say I bought two items from the same seller and pay just once for both items, does that count as one or two transaction(s)?

Same scenario, but bought one item from seller A and another item from seller B and pay once for both, does that count as one or two transactions(s)?

I have some trouble making sense of "online session" in their term and just want to save couple of uses for very wanted things.

Thanks.

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Can someone clarify something for me? Let say I bought two items from the same seller and pay just once for both items, does that count as one or two transaction(s)?

Same scenario, but bought one item from seller A and another item from seller B and pay once for both, does that count as one or two transactions(s)?

I have some trouble making sense of "online session" in their term and just want to save couple of uses for very wanted things.

Thanks.[/quote]

You will only get cashback on the first item, let's say if it's a buy it now for 50.00 and you get 2 of them and pay 100, you will only get cashback on the 50.00

Not sure how you would pay only once for a item from seller a & b, they are 2 different sellers and that would count as 2 transaction, and you would have to pay for each one individually.

An online session is a search you've got 60 minutes before it times out and you have to do another search in order to get cashback.

[quote name='rushisrighton']You will only get cashback on the first item, let's say if it's a buy it now for 50.00 and you get 2 of them and pay 100, you will only get cashback on the 50.00

Not sure how you would pay only once for a item from seller a & b, they are 2 different sellers and that would count as 2 transaction, and you would have to pay for each one individually.

An online session is a search you've got 60 minutes before it times out and you have to do another search in order to get cashback.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I was not clear about the first part, I meant to say that buy two different items from the same seller.

Thanks for clarify on the rest.

So right now it is good for 12 online sessions or 12 transactions? On the term, it says online session, but on the first page, OP mentioned as transaction.8-[

Dude... I'm kinda bummed because just 10 min before buying 30 dollar headphones Buy It Now on ebay. I check this site and I see this :(

[quote name='thunder_gamer']Sorry, I was not clear about the first part, I meant to say that buy two different items from the same seller.

Thanks for clarify on the rest.

So right now it is good for 12 online sessions or 12 transactions? On the term, it says online session, but on the first page, OP mentioned as transaction.8-[[/quote]

Searches are unlimited, but as of now only 12 transactions (purchases) are allowed.

And as far as I know, buying 2 of anything any way will only net in 1 rebate, unless of course the auction is specifically for 2 of the same item with a single buy it now price. OR you do two buy it nows for the items which will burn up 2 transactions out of your 12, just like when I bought 2 sonly walkmen, in two seperate buy it nows, same item same seller 2 buy it nows, 2 transactions;),

[quote name='rushisrighton']Searches are unlimited, but as of now only 12 transactions (purchases) are allowed.

And as far as I know, buying 2 of anything any way will only net in 1 rebate, unless of course the auction is specifically for 2 of the same item with a single buy it now price. OR you do two buy it nows for the items which will burn up 2 transactions out of your 12, just like when I bought 2 sonly walkmen, in two seperate buy it nows, same item same seller 2 buy it nows, 2 transactions;),[/QUOTE]

Ah, alright. Thank you very much for explaining all these to me, have to plan how to use them wisely then.:)

[quote name='fish23']Dude... I'm kinda bummed because just 10 min before buying 30 dollar headphones Buy It Now on ebay. I check this site and I see this :([/quote]
In 2 months, you could have had $9.00 back!

I can't figure out how you guys are doing this for such small amounts.
I used it on a laptop, so I made it worth it.

But hey, more power to ya I guess. :)

[quote name='dallow']In 2 months, you could have had $9.00 back!

I can't figure out how you guys are doing this for such small amounts.
I used it on a laptop, so I made it worth it.

But hey, more power to ya I guess. :)[/quote]

Hmmm, why wouldn't people use it on small amounts? Not everyone is in the market for big ticket items. If you see something you want for a good BIN price, why not? I could understand if we were limited to one or two uses, because you wouldn't want to waste it, but I mean, 12 uses is a lot.

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hmmm, why wouldn't people use it on small amounts? Not everyone is in the market for big ticket items. If you see something you want for a good BIN price, why not? I could understand if we were limited to one or two uses, because you wouldn't want to waste it, but I mean, 12 uses is a lot.[/quote]
I guess if you don't buy much on ebay in the first place, it's better than nothing.

I remember when I used to win 20 auctions a month just buying crap.
I definitely want to make the most of my remaining 11.

Thought I take the risk it won't stay at 30%.

[quote name='rushisrighton']Searches are unlimited, but as of now only 12 transactions (purchases) are allowed.

And as far as I know, buying 2 of anything any way will only net in 1 rebate, unless of course the auction is specifically for 2 of the same item with a single buy it now price. OR you do two buy it nows for the items which will burn up 2 transactions out of your 12, just like when I bought 2 sonly walkmen, in two seperate buy it nows, same item same seller 2 buy it nows, 2 transactions;),[/QUOTE]

Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think that's accurate. A seller had an auction for a hard drive with many available. I purchased 2 at one time and it's showing that I will be getting 30% off the full total of both drives.

So it is 1 rebate, but it includes 30% of the total cost of however many you bought

[quote name='bigdaddybruce44']Hmmm, why wouldn't people use it on small amounts? Not everyone is in the market for big ticket items. If you see something you want for a good BIN price, why not? I could understand if we were limited to one or two uses, because you wouldn't want to waste it, but I mean, 12 uses is a lot.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I got a good amount back on my hard drives, but I kept looking for expensive stuff to buy and just couldn't justify spending the money. I've started buying a couple smaller things (Eternal Sonata PS3!) because I don't really expect the promotion to last until I need something expensive.

This will be nice as I need to get new computers for me and my mother. Will be a nice chunk of change in a couple months.

[quote name='Conroy']Unless I'm misunderstanding you, I don't think that's accurate. A seller had an auction for a hard drive with many available. I purchased 2 at one time and it's showing that I will be getting 30% off the full total of both drives.

So it is 1 rebate, but it includes 30% of the total cost of however many you bought[/quote]

well I guess that is what the "as far as I know part implies":) I haven't tried adding more than one, but if you say it works, that is good to know.

I can't find a decent unlocked gsm cell phone! All I keep getting is RAZRs, knock off iPhones I can't really use anyway, and and Motorola Shines. XP

right.. using this for big price items is the best way to maximize profits. Ive already bought a new kick ass cpu and phone using this.. now looking at video cards

[quote name='guyver2077']right.. using this for big price items is the best way to maximize profits. Ive already bought a new kick ass cpu and phone using this.. now looking at video cards[/QUOTE]

I've almost built a whole computer. I just need a new case and mobo.

[quote name='guyver2077']right.. using this for big price items is the best way to maximize profits. Ive already bought a new kick ass cpu and phone using this.. now looking at video cards[/quote]
What profits?
I'm just trying to maximize savings. My first use is giving me $130 back.

I may just say screw it and buy whatever though.
I do need a new barebones shuttle case.... hmmm.

got sealed deadspace shipped for 35 after cashback!!

I also used a 10% off ebay coupon. So if you have a coupon it IS stackable with cashback offer.

[quote name='OGHowie']Got Fable 2 for $37.09.

Some searches are getting 25% now, so pull the trigger if you're on the fence.[/quote]

You're right. The percent back finally just dropped down to 25% if I typed in "Wii", but doing another search brought up 30% back. Maybe they are dropping down the percentage..

Wii now comes up with 25% cashback.

If you do a Blu Ray search, it still comes up with 30% cashback.

Wish I knew that before I preordered LEFT 4 DEAD ($38 with cashback), but it's still all good.

So, can you use PayPal Pay Me later with this deal? If so, that would be awesome as you'd have the Cash Back before the payment for the item was even due.

[quote name='Snake2715']only up to three times per account now.. the limit is back up to 250 per session, but the maximum is only 3 per account![/QUOTE]

technically we could just use another live account to circumvent this limit, right?

[quote name='Snake2715']only up to three times per account now.. the limit is back up to 250 per session, but the maximum is only 3 per account![/QUOTE]

Still says 12 uses in the conditions as far as I can tell. Where do you see it saying 3 times?

bread's done
Back