BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
You have to receive the coupon to use it. It says "non transferable" and "issued to," things like that.

I think they activate the coupon for those who receive it.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']You have to receive the coupon to use it. It says "non transferable" and "issued to," things like that.

I think they activate the coupon for those who receive it.[/QUOTE]

I know that's how they normally work. But someone a while back posted as long as your email address match in Ebay and Paypal that it works. Then someone replied to that post and said, "Thanks."

The only time I've gotten the 10% off coupon to work is when they email it to me. I've tried to use the code when I wasn't emailed it and it never worked. It was pretty good timing they sent one to me just when Fallout 3 came out.

No Sonice, it does not work. I tried because I thought I saw the message in My Ebay but it would not let me and both my accounts share the same email address.

Bummer. I thought I had 3 more of these to go, but I forgot it's cumulative since the start of the promo. Oh well.

I got some Xmas shopping done which was a plus. I was starting to spend more than I should have and leaning towards 30+ day preorders which I usually avoid like the plague.

BTW: I never received the Ebay coupon email, but I did make sure I went into my email settings and signed up for offers. I tried entering the coupon after a couple days, and it did seem to work. I never went through with a purchase though. I was saving it for a biggy, but then I realized I maxed out my 12.

[quote name='misbitski']Bummer. I thought I had 3 more of these to go, but I forgot it's cumulative since the start of the promo. Oh well.

I got some Xmas shopping done which was a plus. I was starting to spend more than I should have and leaning towards 30+ day preorders which I usually avoid like the plague.

BTW: I never received the Ebay coupon email, but I did make sure I went into my email settings and signed up for offers. I tried entering the coupon after a couple days, and it did seem to work. I never went through with a purchase though. I was saving it for a biggy, but then I realized I maxed out my 12.[/quote]

It appears to work until the very last step.

Anyway, picked up an Elmo Live doll for about $53! Son will be very happy come Xmas!

Just used this for the first time. Got a sealed Guitar Hero: WT (360, game only) for $41.24 after discount... very nice! The money is showing up on my Live.com "cashback" page so it looks like everything worked without a hitch. Thanks OP!

[quote name='Snake2715']Is the 12 per year a calendar thing or a rolling 12 month period?

Anyone know?[/QUOTE]

I don't think this promotion has been available for a year, but I think it's 12 uses per lifetime of your account.

By making this statement, I'm hoping someone will come on here and clarify.

Odd. eBay gave me a coupon that expires tomorrow but I can't find it (normally I can see it on my "My eBay" page).

Hmm...

Anyway, looking to buy a PS3 tomorrow.

hmm....so i got the "you've received cashback" email in my email account but i didn't get it in my regular email. also, my cashback isn't showing up as "pending" in my live account. it's been probably 12 hours or so...when should i start getting concerned?

[quote name='wildnuts02']hmm....so i got the "you've received cashback" email in my email account but i didn't get it in my regular email. also, my cashback isn't showing up as "pending" in my live account. it's been probably 12 hours or so...when should i start getting concerned?[/quote]

sometimes it shows up right away, sometimes it takes a day.

[quote name='Snake2715']Is the 12 per year a calendar thing or a rolling 12 month period?

Anyone know?[/quote]

its a hard cap of 12 per user. Once you've gone through them, you're done.

Keep in mind when this promotion started it was a cap of 3. They've been doubling it every month or so since.

[quote name='qwerty1']its a hard cap of 12 per user. Once you've gone through them, you're done.

Keep in mind when this promotion started it was a cap of 3. They've been doubling it every month or so since.[/quote]

Is this cap of 12 limited to the current promotion only? I.e. if they cease the current promo but bring it back again, say a year from now?

[quote name='kazunori']Is this cap of 12 limited to the current promotion only? I.e. if they cease the current promo but bring it back again, say a year from now?[/QUOTE]

In the past, MS has temporarily cut the promotion and brought it back. The number of previous uses was kept in their records.

[quote name='opportunity777']In the past, MS has temporarily cut the promotion and brought it back. The number of previous uses was kept in their records.[/quote]

Ah I see.. Guess I don't really have to max out my 12 uses for now then..

[quote name='menikmati']Damn, you're 9 bundles ahead of me.

The only reason I got it off eBay was for the 30% cashback. I could have easily just waltzed into a Best Buy and grabbed it, but chose to go through this route instead. I don't know what's better, waiting it out for the eventual $60 CB in the end or get a full refund and go buy it at the store. Personally, this all depends on how much Fallout 3 sucks me in.[/QUOTE]

I also ordered from this guy and got the "probably within 2 weeks" reply when i asked when will it ship. I'm willing to wait, but what worries me it the "probably" part and also, isn't there some 45 day limit to file a complaint with paypal? I'm already at 30 days since i paid.

[quote name='ps2rich']I also ordered from this guy and got the "probably within 2 weeks" reply when i asked when will it ship. I'm willing to wait, but what worries me it the "probably" part and also, isn't there some 45 day limit to file a complaint with paypal? I'm already at 30 days since i paid.[/QUOTE]

You should check exactly how many days have passed and prepare to file a claim.

Depending on how many items the seller has up, I file at different time frames. If the seller is consistently selling items, then I will wait to file. If I feel the seller is only temporarily pawning off some crap, then I will file much earlier, so the seller doesn't cut and run. I have already used up all of my PayPal Price Protection Guarantee claims for a year, so I have to be more careful.

[quote name='opportunity777']You should check exactly how many days have passed and prepare to file a claim.

Depending on how many items the seller has up, I file at different time frames. If the seller is consistently selling items, then I will wait to file. If I feel the seller is only temporarily pawning off some crap, then I will file much earlier, so the seller doesn't cut and run. I have already used up all of my PayPal Price Protection Guarantee claims for a year, so I have to be more careful.[/quote]

so how many claims can you do?

30 days since the auction ended... geez... that's slow.

Just bought a new media phone for $135, minus 25% cashback, and minus 10% Fall Coupon. Yes. *pets her old phone for 3 years of somewhat decent service*

[quote name='xycury']so how many claims can you do?

30 days since the auction ended... geez... that's slow.[/QUOTE]

Last time I checked on this, I believe you only get three guarantees a year, but you can file unlimited claims. PayPal Guarantees allow you to get your money back, even if, the seller has withdrawn the money and closed out his account.

The longest I waited for an item was close to 60 days because it got lost in the mail. Everytime I E-mailed the SOB's, he gave me some bullshit excuse. In actuality, the package had gotten lost in the mail, but they were too much of a tard to understand the situation. After I filed my claim and got their phone number, I was able to resolve the situation. They sent me another item.

[quote name='ps2rich']I also ordered from this guy and got the "probably within 2 weeks" reply when i asked when will it ship. I'm willing to wait, but what worries me it the "probably" part and also, isn't there some 45 day limit to file a complaint with paypal? I'm already at 30 days since i paid.[/quote]

just keep tabs on it and NEVER let the dispute period expire. If he still says theres a delay and its the last day you can file a dispute, open one anyway and simply tell him you're doing it to protect yourself and that hes got a maximum of 30 days MORE to get the item to you or you'll escalate the dispute filing for a refund. If you're pissed off from waiting you can escalate the dispute and file for a refund anytime prior as well. You dont have to wait an additional 30 days.

[quote name='qwerty1']just keep tabs on it and NEVER let the dispute period expire. If he still says theres a delay and its the last day you can file a dispute, open one anyway and simply tell him you're doing it to protect yourself and that hes got a maximum of 30 days MORE to get the item to you or you'll escalate the dispute filing for a refund. If you're pissed off from waiting you can escalate the dispute and file for a refund anytime prior as well. You dont have to wait an additional 30 days.[/QUOTE]

Everyone should pay attention to this advice. I've gotten burned before, and this is the best way to do it. Don't wait until your 45 days are up, or you most likely will get screwed. You're only hope at that point is a chargeback with the credit card company, and their limit is usually 60 days.

Basically, avoid preorders like the plague.

[quote name='misbitski']Basically, avoid preorders like the plague.[/quote]
I wouldn't agreed with that, I think most sellers are honest. However, I would agree with avoiding pre-orders that ship later than 10 days after release.

[quote name='no_exit']I wouldn't agreed with that, I think most sellers are honest. However, I would agree with avoiding pre-orders that ship later than 10 days after release.[/QUOTE]

Go for it. Don't cry when you get burned.

[quote name='misbitski']Go for it. Don't cry when you get burned.[/QUOTE]
I pre-ordered LBP and got it early. Just use a reputable seller. It's not that hard to see who's good and who's not.

I've used this deal for a couple of preorders. It's hit or miss. I try to find a seller who is near my city. Fortunately, I've found a seller who is also in Portland, so it's like a one-day turnaround when they ship.

The guy had in his description that he had a "quantity of 10." That, to me, means he has it in-hand. However, I sent him a message (yesterday) asking if he had shipped and "he was waiting for his supplier to get the games."

But in any case, I would look for a seller in your area and just not expect the game perhaps not even the week it releases. But you do get a sweet rebate... and I'm OK with waiting a couple of days for ~$15 cashback :D

Damnit! I really wanted to buy something from an Italian seller but it said that it's not applicable cuz it's on ebay.it and not ebay.com. :(

When it comes to preorders you just have to be sensible about it. Find a reputable seller first, and then try not to order something TOO far out from its release -- that way you can file a dispute in the event you don't receive it.

I preordered FAR CRY 2, SAINTS ROW 2 and FALLOUT all for about $40 each after cashback, and I have all of them (they all came within 7 days of release). Just use common sense and find a seller with good feedback. As someone else wrote it's not that difficult to do. One of the sellers I found has free shipping deals and almost 100% feedback, which made this a really nice promo.

[quote name='Oktoberfest']I bought my first pre-order off ebay with like a week ago or something. And the LBP shipped yesterday so I'm happy

$45 new games ftw..[/QUOTE]

Yeah till MSoft does not honor all the money thats being racked up... I had screen captures a few pages back where the fine print changed to 3 deals per paypal/ebay account... that could come around to bite some people. I stopped at 4 total with 310 coming back... two of which were 2000 nintendo points.

[quote name='opportunity777']Last time I checked on this, I believe you only get three guarantees a year, but you can file unlimited claims. PayPal Guarantees allow you to get your money back, even if, the seller has withdrawn the money and closed out his account.[/quote]

How do the Guarantees work? I haven't had a problem with disputes/claims until this week, when this guy didn't ship me my item and I filed a claim against him, and he never replied after 10 days, so PayPal ruled in my favour. Unfortunately he already drew all the money from his account, so I haven't gotten a cent back so far.

The item was under full PayPal coverage, so what do I have to do to make use of it? PayPal doesn't state anything except that the case has been closed and they are trying to get back my money.. Is that it?

Thanks in advance.

[quote name='kazunori']How do the Guarantees work? I haven't had a problem with disputes/claims until this week, when this guy didn't ship me my item and I filed a claim against him, and he never replied after 10 days, so PayPal ruled in my favour. Unfortunately he already drew all the money from his account, so I haven't gotten a cent back so far.

The item was under full PayPal coverage, so what do I have to do to make use of it? PayPal doesn't state anything except that the case has been closed and they are trying to get back my money.. Is that it?

Thanks in advance.[/QUOTE]

When your dispute becomes a claim, he is given about 3 - 4 weeks to respond. If he doesn't respond, then most likely it will be ruled in your favor. I just went through this and it took another week after to see money in my account.

[quote name='koji126']When your dispute becomes a claim, he is given about 3 - 4 weeks to respond. If he doesn't respond, then most likely it will be ruled in your favor. I just went through this and it took another week after to see money in my account.[/quote]

Thanks, but I meant I already filed a dispute, escalated it to a claim (to which he had 10 days to respond), and won the claim, but it turns out he's drawn all the money from his account already, so I won $0 back essentially. :(

So I'm just wondering how the PayPal guarantee thing works, as opportunity777 mentioned that it ensures the buyer gets his money back even if the seller has withdrawn all funds from his account.

[quote name='kazunori']Thanks, but I meant I already filed a dispute, escalated it to a claim (to which he had 10 days to respond), and won the claim, but it turns out he's drawn all the money from his account already, so I won $0 back essentially. :(

So I'm just wondering how the PayPal guarantee thing works, as opportunity777 mentioned that it ensures the buyer gets his money back even if the seller has withdrawn all funds from his account.[/QUOTE]

http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/paypal-buyer-protection.html

My protection was automatic. On my fourth claim, the service informed me I have no more uses remaining of guaranteed protection. I have to wait a year from the original transaction date to fall under their protection policy. For the next year, someone could cut and run against me like they did to you.

If it falls under those guidelines, then it should be covered, unless, you have filed three previous times against other sellers and had to escalate those disputes.

In the past, I waited approximately 80 days to get my money back. I would call PayPal and speak to them by phone.

Also, eBay itself has a buyer protection policy. I don't know the limit of uses, and you have to pay a type of deductible to get your money back.

If any person here is more up-to-date than me, then please post more information to help this fellow out.

[quote name='opportunity777']http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/paypal-buyer-protection.html

My protection was automatic. On my fourth claim, the service informed me I have no more uses remaining of guaranteed protection. I have to wait a year from the original transaction date to fall under their protection policy. For the next year, someone could cut and run against me like they did to you.[/QUOTE]

That's pretty crappy. I never realized they limited it to 4 claims. There's always the good old credit card chargeback, but I'd imagine at some point, Paypal would restrict your account, even if you got scumbagged by a seller.

[quote name='opportunity777']http://pages.ebay.com/help/buy/paypal-buyer-protection.html

My protection was automatic. On my fourth claim, the service informed me I have no more uses remaining of guaranteed protection. I have to wait a year from the original transaction date to fall under their protection policy. For the next year, someone could cut and run against me like they did to you.

If it falls under those guidelines, then it should be covered, unless, you have filed three previous times against other sellers and had to escalate those disputes.

In the past, I waited approximately 80 days to get my money back. I would call PayPal and speak to them by phone.

Also, eBay itself has a buyer protection policy. I don't know the limit of uses, and you have to pay a type of deductible to get your money back.

If any person here is more up-to-date than me, then please post more information to help this fellow out.[/quote]

I see... Thanks. :)

This was only my second dispute that got escalated to a claim in the past year, and the item is eligible for buyer protection under PayPal's guidelines (had the PayPal Protection banner on the auction and all), so I'm guessing I should be covered.

Unfortunately PayPal just states on the case page that they have managed to recovered $0 and it has been closed, and I'm not sure if there's anything more I can do. :(

[quote name='kazunori']I see... Thanks. :)

This was only my second dispute that got escalated to a claim in the past year, and the item is eligible for buyer protection under PayPal's guidelines (had the PayPal Protection banner on the auction and all), so I'm guessing I should be covered.

Unfortunately PayPal just states on the case page that they have managed to recovered $0 and it has been closed, and I'm not sure if there's anything more I can do. :([/QUOTE]

Tell me you paid with a credit card. If so dispute it with the credit card company.

[quote name='kazunori']I see... Thanks. :)

Unfortunately PayPal just states on the case page that they have managed to recovered $0 and it has been closed, and I'm not sure if there's anything more I can do. :([/QUOTE]

For next time, you should never use your PP balance to pay for items. Always use a CC.

[quote name='kklems']Tell me you paid with a credit card. If so dispute it with the credit card company.[/QUOTE]

Sound advice. Others have written similar statements.

Just looking for CAG's opinion, what do you guys think of this sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStation-3-80GB-Limited-Edition-MotorStorm-G_W0QQitemZ260309070962QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item260309070962&_trkparms=39%3A1%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A15%7C240%3A1309&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It's a brand new Motorstorm 80GB PS3 for $400. As of this writing, he has 62 remaining. Huh? What? 62? A lot of people are buying, but I wont'.

Something doesn't look right. His feedback does not look reliable yet either (24, 100%, but not as a seller). I wouldn't buy it. Opinions?

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Just looking for CAG's opinion, what do you guys think of this sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStatio...39:1|66:2|65:15|240:1309&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

It's a brand new Motorstorm 80GB PS3 for $400. As of this writing, he has 62 remaining. Huh? What? 62? A lot of people are buying, but I wont'.

Something doesn't look right. His feedback does not look reliable yet either (24, 100%, but not as a seller). I wouldn't buy it. Opinions?[/quote]

Complete scammer. He just joined a week ago. And look at things he "bought." Very cheap things that could be delivered digitally, obviously to boost his feedback.

[quote name='Perfect*Ending']Just looking for CAG's opinion, what do you guys think of this sale?

http://cgi.ebay.com/Sony-PlayStatio...39:1|66:2|65:15|240:1309&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14

Something doesn't look right. His feedback does not look reliable yet either (24, 100%, but not as a seller). I wouldn't buy it. Opinions?[/quote]

Scam written all over it. Just check out his other items that he's "selling". 104 Wii's and you get 40 games for free?! HAHA! :lol:

[quote name='opportunity777']For next time, you should never use your PP balance to pay for items. Always use a CC.

Sound advice. Others have written similar statements.[/quote]

Ah, thanks. Darn I usually do pay directly with my CC cause I never have any funds in my PP account, but as luck would have it, I paid for this item with PP funds cause I had some left in my account at the time from the previous successful claim. :(

[quote name='david12795']Damn im having trouble looking for a 40 gb ps3. i cant seem ta find a decent BIN for 250 or less. or maybe im just being a cheap ass.[/QUOTE]

yeah you are

bread's done
Back