BING Cashback for Ebay - Currently 8% [Now 40 Uses]

qwerty1

CAGiversary!
Feedback
7 (100%)
Thought this was worthy of a new thread. Its back! And with a vengeance. As of this writing its at [see title]. Link

And for those that dont know, the amount of uses for this promotion seems to be doubling at a steady rate, now at 40 uses per account, and the maximum amount you can get back PER A SINGLE TRANSACTION was reduced from $250 to $200. The total culmulative cashback allowance is capped at $2,500.00 per calendar year.

How this works:

If you dont already know about this, its a very simple promotion offered by Microsoft in order to promote usage of their search engine live.com. All you have to do is go to www.live.com and search for something common, like "Wii" as in nintendo wii. In the Sponsored sites at the top you will see a link to Wii's on ebay with a small logo next to it that says Live Search Cash Back and below that "You may get xx% off paypal eligible". When you click on the cash back logo it takes you to ebay and BIN (Buy It Now) auctions for Wiis. From there you simply use the ebay search function to find the BIN auction for the item you desire and purchase it. When you click the BIN button prior to clicking on Commit to buy you should see a message below with the Cash Back you are eligible to recieve. Once you buy the auction pay for it with paypal and give it an hour. Eventually you'll get a message in your ebay account saying "You've earned cashback" simply click on it and follow the instructions. If you dont have one you'll be asked to create a live account. I believe most people will already have an existing live acct due to their Xbox, MSN, or Hotmail associations so feel free to use that if you like. This is quick, and thus far i havent gotten any spam due to it, nor have i read of anyone getting any spam. And thats it, 60 + 15 days later [they allow a buffer period incase you return what you bought] you can redeem the money.

So to summarize

1. use live.com search engine to find any product on ebay. Any keyword is as good as another, hence i used "wii" as an example.

2. Once activating the link use ebay.com to browse for the Buy It Now auction you desire and purchase and pay with paypal. Wait until you get a message from ebay and get your cash back with your live account. This can take a few hours.

3. ~75 days later its in your pocket. [60 days before you can redeem and then an additional 2 weeks before it actually transfers into your paypal account]

Again this is just a promotion by MS to promote use of their search engine, theres no catch. You dont have to promise your first born nor random legs or limbs. Its as simple as it sounds.

Some things to note

-This promotion is limited to only US residents.

-You must pay with paypal and it must be a BIN auction.

-It takes about 75 days to recieve the actual money which will be in the form of a FEE FREE deposit into your paypal account. From there you can spend it or transfer it into your checking or simply request a check.

-If you return the item you purchased and used the promotion on you LOSE the refund.

-This is only valid for Ebay user/store auctions on Ebay.com. No live auction or ebay motors etc.. Though i think you can get away with buying international auctions you're watching on ebay.com. I also noticed that this works if you're offered a "Second chance" on an item you bid on since it turns the auction into a BIN.

-You may only use this a maximum of 40 times per ebay account per person. A few people are reporting success using different ebay accounts with the same cashback account in order to achieve more than 20 uses. YMMV.

-Maximum of $200 back PER AUCTION [$2,500 Cap per account] and the percent savings does vary and can change without notice.

Rest of the terms are here:
http://pages.ebay.com/cashbackoffer/terms.html

I recommend at least skimming them. Enjoy.

Couple additions

"Instant" Cashback is now available. However, to quote "Instant cashback will be eligible for some, but not all users." Its unknown what the criteria is to be "eligible". I would not suggest you make a purchase unless you dont mind waiting.

Ebay/Paypal Coupons WILL stack with this. The amount is deducted off the full auction value. IE 10% Coupon applied to $100 purchase will save you $10. If the Cashback percent is 25% you will still get $25 additional back for a total savings of $35. Usually the Ebay/Paypal coupons have a maximum savings of $100 for a maximum total of $300 saved on any single purchase. This also stacks with other promotions run by Bigcrumb/ebates where you can earn some more money back based on an items selling fees.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Telemakhos']Looks like you got a great deal from someone who needed the money, 107proof! Congrats.

Yeah, the codes I had are all down to 15% now, but I do have a feeling things will bump back up again.

I received a Circuit City ad this morning saying to look out for their second Black Friday coming up tomorrow.

Retailers still aren't in the black, so these specials are far from over.

I was able to use the 25% deal this morning and got five 3D modeling books for about $20 a piece. I bought five and have $41 pending. If I were to use Amazon's pricing compared to Buy.com's pricing, that's basically buying 3.5 books and getting 1.5 free + money back.

I wanted to get two more books, but no problem. I can wait till some other time.

If I discover any more codes, I'll let you guys know. :)[/quote]

Thanks, I am very pleased with my purchase, Today on my way home, I stopped in Gamestop, picked up Madden 08 for the PS3 for $4.99!!! I couldnt believe it was so cheap, it was the last used one they had. Its not the latest and greatest 09 version but it is still a Madden game and a majority of them are fun to play, especially for $5 bucks!! I couldnt pass it up.

I was about to make a payment with paypal, when I get a paypal error. Can someone check if you can log in in your paypal account? TT

Update: I just read Paypal will be down for 30 min...

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='JJSP']I hope it goes back up. I never did get to buy that TV. :([/quote]

Me neither. I kept waiting for the new coupon to see if I'd even get one, and then all of a sudden, the bottom falls out on the cashback. I'd jump at any chance to get 30% now... :cry:

Glad I bought most of my stuff at 30% off.....still had 2 uses though that I was hoping to use for GoW 2 SE and a Wii or PS3 if I found the right price or got another 10% off.

I am glad I jumped on when I could. I got for the most part all of my big ticket items I wanted at 30% off and my netbook at 25% off. With over $600 cashback I can't complain. The only thing I was burned on was a "like new" PSP I had to return because the face looked like it was cleaned with sandpaper and the UMD drive sounded like it had rocks in it. So much for "like new", but I got a refund. I also got Buzz PS3 at 30% off, its one of the best games I have ever played for a group. It is lots of fun.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Me neither. I kept waiting for the new coupon to see if I'd even get one, and then all of a sudden, the bottom falls out on the cashback. I'd jump at any chance to get 30% now... :cry:[/quote]

lol, i know. add me to the list. i still want to get a new HD 42 incher.

not too worried, though. it's still too far from X-Mas. i can almost guarantee it'll go back up during the last 10 days before the holiday.

in the meantime, live.com is offering other ways to get freebees:

http://www.getsearchperks.com/Landi...LIVECOM&crea=TEXT_Search_searchperks_hp_2_1x1

haven't tried it yet, but it seems like it's at least something.

im trying it out as well.. but the maximum daily tickets is 25... with all the decent game prizes being in the 2-4 thousand ticket range..

seems like you would have to be on top of this for a long time

Aside from the price drop:

Does cashback work for "ALL" items on ebay? I cant see any items that I look up with that cashback logo, even though I went into ebay from the cashback terms and conditions thing is on the ebay page itself.

Dropping like a hot potato!

It's a shame, even though we're still coming ahead, even at 1% cashback, I'll withhold from purchasing in hopes it will increase back to 30%. CB has spoiled me. I wonder what percentage of eBay sales were fueled by CB, and how sales will drop as CB decreases.

It's a possibility that CB will drop as the days inch closer towards Christmas since people will still use eBay. Maybe it will slowly rise after Christmas, if the program extends into the new year.

Can anyone answer my question?

Does cashback work for "ALL" items on ebay? I cant see any items that I look up with that cashback logo, even though the cashback logo is on top of the page but not the item.

[quote name='A_FITZ']Can anyone answer my question?

Does cashback work for "ALL" items on ebay? I cant see any items that I look up with that cashback logo, even though the cashback logo is on top of the page but not the item.[/QUOTE]

I don't know for sure. It does have to be a BIN item. Go to Live.com and search for Wii. Click the sponsored link at the top and go to ebay. Type in what item you want (leave it for BIN it only items). When you select you want to purchase it you will see CASHBACK icon above the "commit to buy option." If this is not here then I would guess the item is not eligible.

[quote name='A_FITZ']Can anyone answer my question?

Does cashback work for "ALL" items on ebay? I cant see any items that I look up with that cashback logo, even though the cashback logo is on top of the page but not the item.[/quote]

It works for all buy-it-now items (No auctions), not on cars though. You have to use Paypal. The logo will tell you if you do not qualify for cashback.

it does not work on all items, i've selected items which has said cashback is not eligible

that said, it works on most BIN items

[quote name='danh920']it does not work on all items, i've selected items which has said cashback is not eligible

that said, it works on most BIN items[/quote]

This is most likely because the seller is using a third party checkout system that isn't compatible with live.com. Some third party checkouts use paypal as well, but may not be compatible with live.com. As long as it is a buy-it-now item and goes straight to paypal, it will work. Like I said earlier, it will straight up tell you if your purchase doesn't qualify.

I just bought the Xbox 360 Live Starter Kit on ebay with the 15% cashback, and saved about $14, bring it to a total of $81 shipped. Since its my first time to use Live Cashback i do have one question (sorry if its been asked). I was curious if the paypal and live email addresses need to be the same so that they can communicate. I set up my paypal with one email and live with another (although i added my live email addy to paypal as a second email). Couldnt get a fast answer outta MSN so im basically ready to deal with it however it goes since it was a pretty good deal even without the cash back. Thanks for any input, once i get the Live thing down completely i expect my posts will be about deals much more than technicalities...:bouncy:

[quote name='js1']Yup, it's not showing up now... I hope it's not dead.[/quote]

Let's not assume the worst guys. I don't see the sense in MS killing this promotion 3 weeks before Christmas. Sure, Christmas is a time when people spend money anyway. But when they can get great deals, they spend MORE. If this promo was going to die, I'd think it would be after the 1st of the year. Maybe they're working on raising the percentage! Come on! Big money! Big money! :)

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Let's not assume the worst guys. I don't see the sense in MS killing this promotion 3 weeks before Christmas. Sure, Christmas is a time when people spend money anyway. But when they can get great deals, they spend MORE. If this promo was going to die, I'd think it would be after the 1st of the year. Maybe they're working on raising the percentage! Come on! Big money! Big money! :)[/QUOTE]

That's what I'm hoping! But after working in retail for a number of years it seems that the closer we get to the holiday, the deals become more and more scarce. Because people are willing to pay more to get what they want the closer it gets to X-Mas. And the stores know this.

[quote name='farfus']Since its my first time to use Live Cashback i do have one question (sorry if its been asked). I was curious if the paypal and live email addresses need to be the same so that they can communicate. I set up my paypal with one email and live with another (although i added my live email addy to paypal as a second email).[/quote]

Different e-mail addresses are fine, just use the link in My eBay messages to log into Live.

Yeah, it cycles like this... Drops from a decent point of 25-35% to 8-15%, then stops working for a few days/weeks. Sure it'll probably just disappear some day, but so far it's done this a few times.

[quote name='Steve0Matic']15% I spit on 15%![/quote]

as if it's even worth the spit or the energy to spit.

guess i waited too long for a ps3 bioshock at a decent buy it now price. oh well, at least i got silent hill homecoming, fallout 3 and little big planet each for $30 each, no tax/shipping incl. while it lasted.

Like others, I assume that it's down from now until Christmas, and will then go back up sometime after that (or pop up for a limited time to snag late shoppers). No sense in having a large cashback discount when people will buy stuff regardless, because of the season.

[quote name='G33']Like others, I assume that it's down from now until Christmas, and will then go back up sometime after that (or pop up for a limited time to snag late shoppers). No sense in having a large cashback discount when people will buy stuff regardless, because of the season.[/quote]

i for one am glad. gives my wallet a rest from the beating it took from amazon.

[quote name='n8rockerasu']Let's not assume the worst guys. I don't see the sense in MS killing this promotion 3 weeks before Christmas. Sure, Christmas is a time when people spend money anyway. But when they can get great deals, they spend MORE. If this promo was going to die, I'd think it would be after the 1st of the year. Maybe they're working on raising the percentage! Come on! Big money! Big money! :)[/QUOTE]

Or they finally realized that even if they give us lots of money back, we're still not gonna use their stupid search thing after they stop the rebates. This is really a dumb business model that reminds me a lot of the old days of Internet retailing when new sites would offer three DVDs for a penny or some similar loss leader offer to generate customers. Once the deal went away, people never shopped there again. I don't understand how Microsoft can believe giving hundreds of dollars away is a good plan or will lead to a profit down the line.

Glad I bit just yesterday a final time at the 20% mark. I certainly made good use of this coupon, all my phone and WoW needs for the next year taken care of.

[quote name='bojay1997']Or they finally realized that even if they give us lots of money back, we're still not gonna use their stupid search thing after they stop the rebates. This is really a dumb business model that reminds me a lot of the old days of Internet retailing when new sites would offer three DVDs for a penny or some similar loss leader offer to generate customers. Once the deal went away, people never shopped there again. I don't understand how Microsoft can believe giving hundreds of dollars away is a good plan or will lead to a profit down the line.[/QUOTE]

i guarantee you MS made tons of cash having people search Live.com and clicking on the ebay links. every search and click, whether you bought something or not made MS money. plus EBAY made lots of bank with increased sales on things (they make extra fees for buy-it-now auctions) so i can guarantee you they had to kick back some more MS.

so MS and Ebay (and ebay vendors) probably made out ok in the short term. MS did take a bit of a gamble in hoping that people would continue to use live.com. but promoting it was cheap because they just promoted themselves...

[quote name='Forbesania']You guys do also realize that while your cashback is pending, those funds are in interest bearing accounts right?[/quote]

So is the money I am paying my credit card with in 30 days! I do get what you are saying though.

[quote name='asthmatic']they are allowed to earn interest on their money :p[/quote]

I think the point was, that's how they're making their money from this. They're not giving away $200 a pop on this thing. They might be taking a loss, but it's not the astronomical amount some would have you believe. Here's hoping MS Live Cashback comes back soon.

[quote name='whymustiregister']Different e-mail addresses are fine, just use the link in My eBay messages to log into Live.[/quote] Yeah it showed up fine, definitely got it working. I only got 15% but no doubt there will be more before Xmas... :bouncy:

Also worth noting is that it went down for a couple of days in Novemeber....and then wham!...it came back with a vengeance. Patience guys, I'm right there with ya'.

bread's done
Back