Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

[quote name='VexxedCS']This has happened a few times recently where Target's system borks up and puts a new release on clearance. Asura's Wrath, Resident Evil: ORC Special Edition, and Tiger Woods '13 Masters Edition off the top of my head.

Two things: It is YMMV, and they WILL fix it within a few days.[/QUOTE]

This post I totally agree with. Target's system is really messed up sometimes. I remember Bioshock Ultimate Rapture Edition PS3 being $21 on release date and Sonic All Stars Racing Transformed 3DS being $5 on release date. It seems this was YMMV at the store I work for.

Just a heads up guys, all clearance is YMMV at Target. I work for Target and this is definitely the first time I've seen this. Some times the clearance system will mess up and have employee ticket things accidently, in which when caught the employees have to take the stickers off and the price goes back up. This looks like one of those situations; I've seen it happen before. I wouldn't expect any other Target stores to have this too.

Anyway, awesome luck to the OP though!

[quote name='Twitter']It has a reversible cover anyways.[/QUOTE]

I've had it since launch and didn't even notice. Mine looks like a badass Criterion now. I'm going to look through the rest of my games and see if there are any more.

[quote name='Chrono Gear']Still too much. :p[/QUOTE]

Trust me, this game is worth full price any day. I played through it on a rental and it was so good I felt bad for not buying it instead.

Now I definitely need to check my target tomorrow!

I played through the game on a rental and it was so good I felt bad for not buying it.

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I didn't even see a PC version. I wish I had, I hear the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions. Probably just wait for a steam sale though.[/QUOTE]

Normally I do not buy into that very much but after watching some walkthroughs in 1080p from a ultra high PC it makes my 360 playthrough seem drab. I kind of wished I never watched it. Still looks good on consoles in comparison to a lot of stuff but man that game just popped on the PC. I love the art style.

Ooh this is exactly the price I was waiting to bite at. I need more shampoo anyways so I'll check tomorrow.

[quote name='louiedog']It looks terrible against the 360's green case IMO. I opened up the case, saw the art through the plastic, pulled it out and thought the art looked great, and then big disappointment when I slide it back onto the case. If I was the type that obsessed over this kind of thing I'd probably think about putting it in a different DVD case, realize it wouldn't look right with the rest of my green 360 games, flip it back to the original art, and then stare at it out of resentment.[/QUOTE]Ugh. Sorry to hear that...but I'm happier that I got the :ps3: version now. :booty:

wow, the clearance label already. The game hasn't even been out two weeks has it?

Nice find though, I wonder if someone at that Target overlooked something. ¬¬

Why does Target clearance stuff like this? What could the purpose be to mark an item that just came out as clearance for half off?

That's nothing, at my Target, they had the Bioshock Infinite Premium Edition for the Xbox 360 for $56! Too bad I already bought the standard Bioshock Infinite for my ps3!

TIV at GameStop currently? Just seeing if it is worth it to see if I can flip them to a premium 360 copy. (Pretty sure the targets near me don't have this on clearance)

That's about an hour away from me. If I wanted it on PS3 I'd consider going there to check. I really want it for PC though...

I'm pretty sure it's an error and they marked the wrong thing for clearance or something... I'm just guessing though...

[quote name='mossfan563']I wish the Target near my area was good with Clearance stuff.........it's always crap.[/QUOTE]

"Good" with clearance stuff or good with stupid employees/pricing mistakes?

[quote name='fmwross2']I've had it since launch and didn't even notice. Mine looks like a badass Criterion now. I'm going to look through the rest of my games and see if there are any more.[/QUOTE]

On this topic BMXXX has a poster on the other side of the cover art ;)

[quote name='kitlerc']Why don't you call?[/QUOTE]

Because it brings attention to the error, and the responsible employee has to report it.

[quote name='FaintDeftone']Just a heads up guys, all clearance is YMMV at Target. I work for Target and this is definitely the first time I've seen this. Some times the clearance system will mess up and have employee ticket things accidently, in which when caught the employees have to take the stickers off and the price goes back up. This looks like one of those situations; I've seen it happen before. I wouldn't expect any other Target stores to have this too.

Anyway, awesome luck to the OP though![/QUOTE]
*Fondly remembers when the Playstation 3 went on clearance* :drool:

[quote name='kitlerc']Why don't you call?[/QUOTE]

And the irresponsible employee tells you they don't have it then hides it in a drawer and buys it on lunch break.

[quote name='StryderOmega']TIV at GameStop currently? Just seeing if it is worth it to see if I can flip them to a premium 360 copy. (Pretty sure the targets near me don't have this on clearance)[/QUOTE]

while this isnt the thread to ask this in the answer to your question is 26 base. after 30% extra towards used game purchase promo and pur 10% you get 36.40$, not worth it to me

[quote name='MrBoss']Wont any Target match this now as you have a receipt image?[/QUOTE]

Probably not since the receipt does say same item only if opened and that clearance is YMMV for each target. Also probably wouldn't work for those seeking xbox versions.

No go at the Southington, CT Target. Out of PS3 copies and both version's item codes rang up at $60. Also the they didn't have any Premiums. If anyone does find some on sale though, please pick me up a copy :3 Would be more than willing to pay to have it shipped over here.

Wow, I'm really shocked, that a brand new game was already slapped with a clearance sticker. I know it's getting great reviews, but is the game actually selling that well? Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?

[quote name='retrovertigo']Wow, I'm really shocked, that a brand new game was already slapped with a clearance sticker. I know it's getting great reviews, but is the game actually selling that well? Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?[/QUOTE]

No. Target does this randomly.

Target is so unreliable and unpredictable when it come to price consistency.

I'll swing by there anyway, need diapers for the kids, so far I've never found one of these deals at a local Target.

[quote name='retrovertigo']Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?[/QUOTE]

There's not.

[quote name='strait edge follower']while this isnt the thread to ask this in the answer to your question is 26 base. after 30% extra towards used game purchase promo and pur 10% you get 36.40$, not worth it to me[/QUOTE]

Nope definitely not. Thanks for the info!

[quote name='yoricksdeath']Thanks I was able to get the Premium Edition (360) for $54.xx.[/QUOTE]

Yeah last week my Target had a Bioshock Infinite: Premium Edition marked down on clearance to $54. Only one copy though.

[quote name='TooPoor']You joined with one of your first few posts being one of the most annoying types of posts on CAG.
Slow clap.[/QUOTE]

judgement passed.

The game honestly hasn't been selling too well. I think my Walmart has only sold 10 copies for PS3/Xbox 360 combined.

[quote name='Twitter']mine didnt have it :([/QUOTE]

Have it at that price or have it at all?

[quote name='Nintendonly']The game honestly hasn't been selling too well. I think my Walmart has only sold 10 copies for PS3/Xbox 360 combined.

Have it at that price or have it at all?[/QUOTE]

That's Walmart tho. Who shops video games at Walmart unless its Black Friday? (Or if they happen to have the good make-a-bundle deal online. Ie: 3 for 40 for Vita games.)

So, other than OP, has anyone had luck finding this? I have four Targets within 20 minutes of my home... and I'm dying to play this, but I'm not really in the mood for a wild goose chase.

Although it is odd for brand new games to go immediately on clearance, it has happened before. A few years back, within a couple of weeks of release, all the sudden they were clearancing out Madden (it was the "special edition)

[quote name='Nintendonly']The game honestly hasn't been selling too well. I think my Walmart has only sold 10 copies for PS3/Xbox 360 combined.

Have it at that price or have it at all?[/QUOTE]

At $30.

The game sold pretty bad considering they were saying 3 million. Game sold 450K on 360, 219K on PS3, and 104K on PC. In Europe 300K overall. That's like a million. Not bad actually for 1 week.

[quote name='Twitter']At $30.

The game sold pretty bad considering they were saying 3 million. Game sold 450K on 360, 219K on PS3, and 104K on PC. In Europe 300K overall. That's like a million. Not bad actually for 1 week.[/QUOTE]
Those are disappointing numbers. I just finished it last night and it's the best game I've played in a long time. It's rare that you play a game that deserves to be played more than once.

[quote name='tylerh1701']There's not.[/QUOTE]

Actually, if you look at Major Nelson's list of top games for the week, starting April 1, BioShock Infinite is #13 of 20. That not exactly screaming "hot seller" to me, unfortunately.

1. Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  2. Minecraft: Xbox 360 Edition
  3. EA Sports FIFA Soccer 13
  4. Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  5. Halo 4
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Battlefield 3
  8. Gears of War: Judgment
  9. Call of Duty: Black Ops
  10. GTA IV
  11. Skyrim
  12. Modern Warfare 2
  13. BioShock Infinite
  14. Gears of War 3
  15. EA SPORTS NHL 13
  16. Halo: Reach
  17. Madden NFL 13
  18. Borderlands 2
  19. Assassin’s Creed III
  20. Forza Motorsport 4

[quote name='simmias']Those are disappointing numbers. I just finished it last night and it's the best game I've played in a long time. It's rare that you play a game that deserves to be played more than once.[/QUOTE]

It probably didn't meet sales expectations that's true, but honestly I think game sales have gone down in general. Even COD..

I just brought one about 30 minutes ago from a different target in the Cleveland area so maybe it's a regional mistake perhaps

[quote name='retrovertigo']Actually, if you look at Major Nelson's list of top games for the week, starting April 1, BioShock Infinite is #13 of 20. That not exactly screaming "hot seller" to me, unfortunately.

5. Halo 4
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Battlefield 3
  10. GTA IV
  11. Skyrim
  12. Modern Warfare 2
  13. BioShock Infinite
  14. Gears of War 3
  15. EA SPORTS NHL 13
  17. Madden NFL 13
  18. Borderlands 2
  19. Assassin’s Creed III
  20. Forza Motorsport 4
[/QUOTE]
Doesn't that list just measure unique users? I don't know why you'd expect a game that came out two weeks ago to compete with games that have been out for significantly longer and have massive install bases (Halo, CODs, GTA, etc). For example, Terraria sold more than Minecraft last week, but it doesn't even sniff this list because so many people own and play Minecraft.

[quote name='retrovertigo']Wow, I'm really shocked, that a brand new game was already slapped with a clearance sticker. I know it's getting great reviews, but is the game actually selling that well? Even though it's a YMMV, perhaps there is a reason for the clearance sticker if it's not selling copies...?[/QUOTE]

Nope. I got the special edition of Operation Raccoon City the week after release for $35...and have seen things like the 3DS version of Angry Birds Trilogy in the clearance bin for like $15 two days after release. In almost all cases, they catch the error in a couple days and fix the prices.

Some of the past deals have been chain-wide, though, seemingly due to a pricing mistake from corporate. The ones over the last week or so seem to be YMMV.

Went to my local target in Woodhaven MI, and couldn't find Bioshock on clearance, but to my surprise they had TOMBRAIDER on CLEARANCE!

[quote name='Jrittmayer']I hear the PC version is infinitely superior to the console versions. [/QUOTE]

I see what you did there. :cool:

[quote name='retrovertigo']Actually, if you look at Major Nelson's list of top games for the week, starting April 1, BioShock Infinite is #13 of 20. That not exactly screaming "hot seller" to me, unfortunately.

5. Halo 4
  6. NBA 2K13
  7. Battlefield 3
  10. GTA IV
  11. Skyrim
  12. Modern Warfare 2
  13. BioShock Infinite
  14. Gears of War 3
  15. EA SPORTS NHL 13
  17. Madden NFL 13
  18. Borderlands 2
  19. Assassin’s Creed III
  20. Forza Motorsport 4
[/QUOTE]

This is not a sales list in any way, shape, or form. This only measures activity via XBOX Live and since there is exactly zero muliplayer component to this game I'm shocked it got as high as #13. :roll:

And also, I do like how the OP title includes "Possibly YMMV" when I'd go as far as saying that this one Target is the only one that screwed this up and had that price on it. I'm 99% sure nobody else will see it for this price.

[quote name='metaphysicalstyles']So, other than OP, has anyone had luck finding this? I have four Targets within 20 minutes of my home... and I'm dying to play this, but I'm not really in the mood for a wild goose chase.[/QUOTE]

I am sure the answer is no, but if anyone can confirm it would be appreciated. Target is kinda out of the way for me but I would make the trip for $30 BioShock.

I went to the Target in Edison, NJ and had no luck. The store didn't seem to have a clearance section. Bioshock seemed to be sold out, but I did find a copy of the premium edition for ps3. Unfortunately, it rang up full price. So if any of you had plans to stop by
this Target, don't waste your time.

bread's done
Back