Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

[quote name='Blaster man']Almost everyone wants it. From what I've heard from folks that played it, it seems to be shaping up to be the best game of the year and there's still months left.[/QUOTE]

Eh. I played it with my free Redbox rental. It was good, but it didn't blow me away. Of course, I didn't finish, so maybe it got better, but I had a reasonable amount of interaction with Elizabeth before I returned it; still didn't do much for me.

[quote name='CAGMoose']Eh. I played it with my free Redbox rental. It was good, but it didn't blow me away. Of course, I didn't finish, so maybe it got better, but I had a reasonable amount of interaction with Elizabeth before I returned it; still didn't do much for me.[/QUOTE]

Have not heard but this one guy say something negative. Everyone that I know that has played it loved it. I thought it was awesome as well. All games start off somewhat slow so to base an opinion on less than the first half is bad. While I enjoyed the whole game, the second half definitely has more action. And the ending is amazing. If I could find the $30 tag at my target I will pick it up again on Ps3.

[quote name='Stellar Inertia']Have not heard but this one guy say something negative. Everyone that I know that has played it loved it. I thought it was awesome as well. All games start off somewhat slow so to base an opinion on less than the first half is bad. While I enjoyed the whole game, the second half definitely has more action. And the ending is amazing. If I could find the $30 tag at my target I will pick it up again on Ps3.[/QUOTE]

It's certainly an awesome game but the actual gameplay was a little stale. Sure the skyline sections spices things up a bit but save for a couple sections you never HAVE to use it during fights. Then the whole tear bit is cool too but it's just a different take on the same mechanics we've seen in games for a long time (normally instead of summoning them in we'd buy and build them).

Don't get me wrong I loved it and as of now will probably be my GoTY, it's just the kind of praise it's getting has been surprising me a bit (meaning all the people essentially calling it flawless). Then again I thought Tomb Raider was really overrated too so...

i was on the fence about buying it but i did from the playastation rls site. 10 bucks for this game isn't bad. also to boot i traded with a cag here to get a season pass. so instabuy for me at 10 bucks and bartered season pass. also people love this game enough that a few guys on gamefaqs gave me a industrial revolution codes and a psn download of the original bioshock. so win all around.

also

fuck capcom

[quote name='tokyostomp']i was on the fence about buying it but i did from the playastation rls site. 10 bucks for this game isn't bad. [/QUOTE]
Which deal was this? Was it posted? I don't even know what what rls site is?

EIDT: Okay I googled and it seems it is this. I am not a retail employee :( You guys always get the good perks. Also, please include more details on these kind of "Brag" posts, I was kicking myself for missing a $10 on this game until I found out there is no way for me to get in on your deal anyways. Congrats on the score nonetheless.

[quote name='JKSonic']It's certainly an awesome game but the actual gameplay was a little stale. Sure the skyline sections spices things up a bit but save for a couple sections you never HAVE to use it during fights. Then the whole tear bit is cool too but it's just a different take on the same mechanics we've seen in games for a long time (normally instead of summoning them in we'd buy and build them).

Don't get me wrong I loved it and as of now will probably be my GoTY, it's just the kind of praise it's getting has been surprising me a bit (meaning all the people essentially calling it flawless). Then again I thought Tomb Raider was really overrated too so...[/QUOTE]

I understand what you mean but I still thought the gameplay was great. Want to talk about overrated, I think I feel how you do about this game with Dishonored. Now that is overhype, and literally felt like a complete ripoff of bioshock. It still was not bad though.

[quote name='Duke Silver']This games seems perfect for a rental. I doubt there's much replayability.[/QUOTE]

I got it from Gamefly on release and got most of the achievements in about 23 hours. There's still 1999 mode and I guess if you enjoy replaying the story over it would be an okay purchase at $30-40.

no dice in southern california.
I went to one target here and it has the regular price of $60
The target employee even scanned the shelf barcode label and it was showing up at $60

Just stopped by right now and all copies of Bioshock were sold out at my target. I dont know if it just sold well or was clearance but there were no clearance stickers where they were stocked. Im guessing the game is just selling well.

This is probably an error that popped up on Friday electronic mark down stores only. Every other store that does it on Mondays is prolly a big waste of time.

[quote name='StryderOmega']This is probably an error that popped up on Friday electronic mark down stores only. Every other store that does it on Mondays is prolly a big waste of time.[/QUOTE]

Some mark down on Friday and most on Monday? Very confusing getting all this info. I can't figure out if I'm supposed to wait till Tuesdays for my store to put the clearance stuff out or if I should go by before closing on Mondays.

For those of you who still haven't picked up on this yet ...this was called a very lucky break on someone's mistake. Your chances of finding this same clearance deal anywhere else is just about 0% unless someone else accidentally doss the same thing. Stop wasting your gas money people and wait on a real worth while deal you have a chance at.

[quote name='ColdfireTrilogy']For those of you who still haven't picked up on this yet ...this was called a very lucky break on someone's mistake. Your chances of finding this same clearance deal anywhere else is just about 0% unless someone else accidentally doss the same thing. Stop wasting your gas money people and wait on a real worth while deal you have a chance at.[/QUOTE]

While this is true that it was a mistake. I live within a mile of Bestbuy and Target so gas does not affect me. I was going regardless to check regular clearance as well.

[quote name='Japakneez']Do not call rule... LOL. It's cost so much money and misery for SDers. No matter what I say people swear by it.[/QUOTE]
that means call call and call some more, right? :p

Got two copies for $30 each (one for me and one for my bro), surprised they were all marked that way. Funny thing is I called the store to check and the guy told me they were that price today. So he held them until I got there, gotta love it

[quote name='Deadacezero']Got two copies for $30 each (one for me and one for my bro), surprised they were all marked that way. Funny thing is I called the store to check and the guy told me they were that price today. So he held them until I got there, gotta love it[/QUOTE]

You went to the same store from the original post?

[quote name='Bigmeat23']You went to the same store from the original post?[/QUOTE]

Nope, north Olmsted, near Cleveland, Oh

[quote name='Deadacezero']Nope, north Olmsted, near Cleveland, Oh[/QUOTE]

Oh ok....but still the same general area. I wonder if it's just our area?! So weird. May have to try tomorrow.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']Oh ok....but still the same general area. I wonder if it's just our area?! So weird. May have to try tomorrow.[/QUOTE]

They had a few, maybe call and ask to hold one just in case

[quote name='Deadacezero']They had a few, maybe call and ask to hold one just in case[/QUOTE]

Cool man! Thanks for the heads up!

Linden NJ didn't have it. Just some Pictonary DS game, some still not very cheap 3DS accessories, and a ton of old iPod/Pad cases. I was headed there anyway to check out the GameStop across the street.

People actually thought this was a legitimate company-wide clearance two weeks after release of the best reviewed game 2013?

Common sense is a good trait to have along with being thrifty.

[quote name='Nothing371']People actually thought this was a legitimate company-wide clearance two weeks after release of the best reviewed game 2013?

Common sense is a good trait to have along with being thrifty.[/QUOTE]

I don't think anyone thought it was company wide...I think people thought its at one store, maybe there's a chance my store has it too...

[quote name='Nothing371']People actually thought this was a legitimate company-wide clearance two weeks after release of the best reviewed game 2013?

No? The thread was already prefaced as it being YMMV. Clearances are new titles have been done before htough

No, no one thinks that. But the fact that some people are finding this game, or the premium version of it for half price or less (for whatever reason) certainly does get the rest of us interested.

And yes, on certain occasions clearances on new titles have been done before (on a nationwide level) as well. But again, no one really expects this particular title to be on clearance nationwide this soon.

Last edited by a moderator:
At my Sams Club in Riverside CA, there were $179 Wii U Delux. I so wanted to show it off on CAG, but I knew it was just one of those rare cases and there was no point in starting a thread and driving people into madness. The price was fixed the next day and I just lucked out. Mess ups do happen though. At that same Sams Club I got Guitar Smith with the guitar for $30. So in the end, good for the OP...

[quote name='flyersfan8']Quakertown PA Target is regular price on all 3 editions :([/QUOTE]

Thanks for saving me the trip!

[quote name='Xombie007']No, no one thinks that. But the fact that some people are finding this game, or the premium version of it for half price or less (for whatever reason) certainly does get the rest of us interested.

And yes, on certain occasions clearances on new titles have been done before (on a nationwide level) as well. But again, no one really expects this particular title to be on clearance nationwide this soon.[/QUOTE]One guy found it in one store. It was probably a Target.com return or a temporary pricing error. It's not going to happen again.

Threads like this are obnoxious, they are not helpful. Grats to the OP for finding a great deal. But shame on the rest of you for promoting this garage sale snipe hunt.

[quote name='ProppaT']Sometimes if a Target doesn't have enough clearance merch to fill an end cap, they'll just leave it in the aisles with the normal merch. Also, often times they'll leave an item on the normal shelves if it's in it's first phase of clearance.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, I noticed exactly 1 copy of MGS HD Collection, 2 Fallout New Vegases, 1 Men in Black, and 2 Inversions, all for 360. They were just laying on a shelF with a bunch of fully priced accessories. No price tag. Scanned the MGS HD at a nearby price scanner in the aisle and it came up with no price and "item not found." List interest at that point.

[quote name='KaneRobot']Yeah, I noticed exactly 1 copy of MGS HD Collection, 2 Fallout New Vegases, 1 Men in Black, and 2 Inversions, all for 360. They were just laying on a shelF with a bunch of fully priced accessories. No price tag. Scanned the MGS HD at a nearby price scanner in the aisle and it came up with no price and "item not found." List interest at that point.[/QUOTE]

Usually if comes up 'item not found' you can take it to checkout or a floor team member to get the last known clearance price in that store's system and you can purchase it for that amount.

[quote name='Nothing371']One guy found it in one store. It was probably a Target.com return or a temporary pricing error. It's not going to happen again.

Threads like this are obnoxious, they are not helpful. Grats to the OP for finding a great deal. But shame on the rest of you for promoting this garage sale snipe hunt.[/QUOTE]
Except it hasn't just been "one guy in one store". My local Target also had it for $29.98 too (at least the PS3 version, they were sold out of the 360 version by the time I got there). Others have reported the same.

I don't know what's going on here, why some Target's have it marked down and others don't. But this isn't a screwup limited to one store. OP is in Ohio, I am in SC, and god only knows where the others in this thread who found the game on clearance are located.

[quote name='Nothing371']One guy found it in one store. It was probably a Target.com return or a temporary pricing error. It's not going to happen again.

Threads like this are obnoxious, they are not helpful. Grats to the OP for finding a great deal. But shame on the rest of you for promoting this garage sale snipe hunt.[/QUOTE]

Someone is a little butt hurt that they didn't find the deal.

Checked the two Targets near me. One didn't have a single copy, so maybe it had been marked down? The other wasn't marked down.
Went to Best Buy and used $30 in RZ credit, paid $30 anyway lol

[quote name='rcerboss']Except it hasn't just been "one guy in one store". My local Target also had it for $29.98 too (at least the PS3 version, they were sold out of the 360 version by the time I got there). Others have reported the same.

I don't know what's going on here, why some Target's have it marked down and others don't. But this isn't a screwup limited to one store. OP is in Ohio, I am in SC, and god only knows where the others in this thread who found the game on clearance are located.[/QUOTE]

Exactly, it's multiple stores in multiple states. I'm glad the OP posted it, otherwise I wouldn't have had any reason to check my local store. And if I hadn't found it? C'est la vie....

Surprised nobody picked up multiple copies to sell. Still hoping someone can find me one after I struck out twice. Help a brother CAG out here ^_^. Looking for a PS3 v.

I'll check my local Target and see what's around, but they usually don't have anything good that's worth a damn. Nice find, OP.

bread's done
Back