Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

As of this morning, Target in Bainbridge, OH has no copies of Bioshock Infinite left whatsoever. The Target in Mayfield Heights, OH has no copies either even though the website still says limited stock. An employee there said someone came in last night and bought like 4 copies of the game. (HOARDER!)

However, the Target in Mayfield Heights, OH did have Tomb Raider on clearance for $29.98. 4-5 copies for the 360 version and like 9-10 for the PS3 version. I bought one of each.

I found Bioshock Inifite on sale 29.98, for both Xbox360 and PS3. I bought the last PS3 version, at Dallas Georgia Target.

5d599672-9e56-4fe7-8065-820b239da835.jpg

URL]"][IMG]

[quote name='Roc74']I found Bioshock Inifite on sale 29.98, for both Xbox360 and PS3. I bought the last PS3 version, at Dallas Georgia Target.

5d599672-9e56-4fe7-8065-820b239da835.jpg

URL]"][IMG]

[quote name='Link2999']Surprised nobody picked up multiple copies to sell. Still hoping someone can find me one after I struck out twice. Help a brother CAG out here ^_^. Looking for a PS3 v.[/QUOTE]

Sorry, I would have picked one up for you today, but it sounds like somebody cleaned out the Mayfield Heights location last night after I was there....

[quote name='Link2999']Surprised nobody picked up multiple copies to sell. Still hoping someone can find me one after I struck out twice. Help a brother CAG out here ^_^. Looking for a PS3 v.[/QUOTE]

Because some are just interested in playing the games only

[quote name='elvis731']Sorry, I would have picked one up for you today, but it sounds like somebody cleaned out the Mayfield Heights location last night after I was there....[/QUOTE]

Darn! Well I think I got someone to sell me one for a not too bad $45. Thanks anyways though, really appreciate it ^_^

Its been a while since I've posted, and I can't resist:

I am going to Best Buy to get my PRICE MATCHED copy of Bioshock Infinite $29.98

...like a boss!

IIII

[quote name='FourEyez']Its been a while since I've posted, and I can't resist:

I am going to Best Buy to get my PRICE MATCHED copy of Bioshock Infinite $29.98

...like a boss!

IIII[/QUOTE]

They don't price match clearance items. So even if you were to show them a picture of it, the red tag clearly says "clearance".

Just got the last 360 copy of Infinite at the Taylor, MI (Southland) store. They still have multiple PS3 copies left. And they have a bunch of other new games clearanced too. The Show and Ascension were 41.98. A couple others too, maybe a basketball game?

[quote name='elvis731']Exactly, it's multiple stores in multiple states. I'm glad the OP posted it, otherwise I wouldn't have had any reason to check my local store. And if I hadn't found it? C'est la vie....[/QUOTE]

Sorry to all those who accuse me of making a bragging rights thread, can't help you there but I'm glad quite a few of you managed to find copies for yourselves as well :D

[quote name='Link2999']They don't price match clearance items. So even if you were to show them a picture of it, the red tag clearly says "clearance".[/QUOTE]

Showing them a picture of it would be a rookie move.

232323232%7Ffp54367%3Enu%3D3357%3E%3B%3B2%3E742%3EWSNRCG%3D3936529568337nu0mrj

...I move like a boss!! :cool:

[quote name='FourEyez']Showing them a picture of it would be a rookie move.

...I move like a boss!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

Jelly. Not sure how you managed that.

[quote name='FourEyez']Showing them a picture of it would be a rookie move.

232323232%7Ffp54367%3Enu%3D3357%3E%3B%3B2%3E742%3EWSNRCG%3D3936529568337nu0mrj

...I move like a boss!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

That look's like a store pickup receipt. Also (not saying you're lying or anything) you could have used a $30 RZ cert as pickup receipts show the price after RZ certs are applied.

[quote name='Link2999']Jelly. Not sure how you managed that.[/QUOTE]

Pretty simple really: Called, asked about their "new" price match policy, asked if they would price match a target store, they verified the price (boss move). I completed my order.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

BUT...its YMMV and a target deal..so if I were everyone..I'd just give up. :whistle2:#

[quote name='FourEyez']Pretty simple really: Called, asked about their "new" price match policy, asked if they would price match a target store, they verified the price (boss move). I completed my order.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

BUT...its YMMV and a target deal..so if I were everyone..I'd just give up. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

Like a boss like a boss like a boss that's an epic DEAL XD XD XD XD

Gonna drop by the Target near campus after class, small chance of finding this but no harm in checking.

[quote name='The Holy Pretzle']Like a boss like a boss like a boss that's an epic DEAL XD XD XD XD

Gonna drop by the Target near campus after class, small chance of finding this but no harm in checking.[/QUOTE]

Yes? May I help you?

[quote name='Roc74']I found Bioshock Inifite on sale 29.98, for both Xbox360 and PS3. I bought the last PS3 version, at Dallas Georgia Target.
[/QUOTE]

Any other good finds over there that would be worth the trip from Marietta?

[quote name='G0523']As of this morning, Target in Bainbridge, OH has no copies of Bioshock Infinite left whatsoever. The Target in Mayfield Heights, OH has no copies either even though the website still says limited stock. An employee there said someone came in last night and bought like 4 copies of the game. (HOARDER!)

However, the Target in Mayfield Heights, OH did have Tomb Raider on clearance for $29.98. 4-5 copies for the 360 version and like 9-10 for the PS3 version. I bought one of each.[/QUOTE]

:( Sounds like someone made the rounds and cleared everything out

My Target did not have a single game on clearance and hardly ever does, I envy people with far superior locations.

I was checking out the video game section at a Target in Chicago, and witnessed something peculiar. The copies of Bioshock Infinite were not labeled as on clearance or on sale. Another guy was there purchasing a copy while I walked by, and when the electronics guy rang him up, it showed as 29.99. The employee immediately realized that wasn't right, checked with someone, and ended up adjusting it to 39.99. I'm not sure why that price point, I wasn't close enough to here (part of the promotion for preordering Battlefield 4?)

Checked Blaine, Midway, and Roseville MN stores and nuthin...I desperately need to add this to the backlog....

I was going to check out the Downtown Target anyway to check their clearence. I doubt if I see Bioshock but it would hurt to check it out.

[quote name='daemissary']Has anyone had luck in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area?

I've checked two stores and come up empty so far.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, no luck at the Washington Square one or the Beaverton Targets. Bummer.

It's definitely YMMV from my point-of-view, because my local Target in Florida didn't list the game in a clearance price and it's tagged at a regular price. I might try again at a further location, but my chances are slim.

Checked 2 more Targets on the way home with no luck. What a bizarre clearance, isn't Target usually consistent with their mark downs?

This is GOTY. It's worth paying full price if you're going to play now. If you're gonna wait, then im sure there will be a legitimate markdown soon enough.

[quote name='dorkyden']out of 200+ comments i think only 2-6 people got it? not very good odds[/QUOTE]

And if you guys haven't noticed it's all the surrounding Cleveland, OH area.

The North Olmstead store in Ohio was out of Bioshock by early afternoon when I stopped by.

I noticed that they had all of the Tomb Raiders Clearanced as well, but the clearance stickers had be, quite literally, cut off the packages. The guy told me it was due to a pricing error. We had him scan one and it was still ringing $29.99. I was really pumped until I realized I forgot my wallet at my office. :(

Didn't have time to swing back. Hope someone else got in on the deal.

my guess is that somehow there was a glitch, and Bioshock Infinite got mistaken with Bioshock: Ultimate Rapture Edition (which would be about right at $30). You guys are freaking lucky if you got one...watch out for karma though...

I ended up checking 3 Targets and never found one...however, none of the Targets I checked had any Bioshock Infinite in stock or even a location w/ price tag for it in their normal games section.

So, I'm pretty sure they were marked down at my stores and I was just too late.

I would say everyone should probably stop looking now, lol. Unless you live near any of the success stories, your probably gonna end up looking at MSRP.

[quote name='Bigmeat23']And if you guys haven't noticed it's all the surrounding Cleveland, OH area.[/QUOTE]

Didn't someone in SC get it?

bread's done
Back