Bioshock Infinite $29.98 @ Target? Possibly YMMV?

i still wouldn't get this game for this price for me, to me, this game isn't worth that much...bio shock 1 was soso for me and hated 2, for your reference

[quote name='djricekcn']i still wouldn't get this game for this price for me, to me, this game isn't worth that much...bio shock 1 was soso for me and hated 2, for your reference[/QUOTE]

Cool story, bro.

[quote name='djricekcn']i still wouldn't get this game for this price for me, to me, this game isn't worth that much...bio shock 1 was soso for me and hated 2, for your reference[/QUOTE]

*Pulls out official CAG reference book and starts writing* djricekcn doesn't like any of the Bioshock games and feels an overwhelming urge to share that fact with people who don't really care whether or not he likes them. *picks up pen*

Okay, duly noted. For our reference. :D

[quote name='daemissary']Has anyone had luck in the Portland, OR/Vancouver, WA area?

I've checked two stores and come up empty so far.[/QUOTE]

I checked Mall 205 with no luck.

[quote name='Tvols1480']No Bioshock, but I did see Syndicate marked down to $27.89![/QUOTE]
That is not a mark down, it is a mark up.

You may want to check amazon. I have seen it for 12 to 17 new.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Cool story, bro.[/QUOTE]

Wow really, this entire thread is ppl saying no dice and your going to criticize him for sharing an opinion on the franchise?

[quote name='keroppilee']This is GOTY. It's worth paying full price if you're going to play now. If you're gonna wait, then im sure there will be a legitimate markdown soon enough.[/QUOTE]
GOTY? Doubtful (given GTA V is around the corner). People give it a pass for storytelling but as far as GAME goes, it's rehashed BioShock gameplay and repetitive. It's still a good game overall, for sure, but people will still see the forest for the trees.

I got the last one ay my Target yesterday in SE Michigan. I was actually looking for the new mlp plushies when I noticed the clearance tag on BI sticking out like a sore thumb.

2nlwler.jpg

It was marked $30 like the op's and I'm like "pfft, no way", then they ask if I need anything so of course I point out BI and the two electronics guys were like "oh dang he's buying it!". I ended up paying $30.19 on the redcard.

I felt lucky, until I walked out of the store and realised that I'd just paid $30 for a game, which to me is very unCAGly in a world where game prices drop like rocks.

Thanks OP, and now I'm off to play this puppy while it's still relevant.

54d7pz.jpg

Also, the reversible cover art is sweet.

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Jodou']GOTY? Doubtful (given GTA V is around the corner). People give it a pass for storytelling but as far as GAME goes, it's rehashed BioShock gameplay and repetitive. It's still a good game overall, for sure, but people will still see the forest for the trees.[/QUOTE]

You knock it for rehash then bring up gta for GOTY......

[quote name='Deader2818']You knock it for rehash then bring up gta for GOTY......[/QUOTE]

Lol so true...

There can be multiple GOTYs in one year. GOTY isn't really an award, but rather a term now and companies use it to boost sales of an already available product.

[quote name='Deader2818']You knock it for rehash then bring up gta for GOTY......[/QUOTE]
:rofl:

And you make it sound like recycling from Bioshock 1/2 is a bad thing. Those games were fantastic, aside from maybe the Metroid Prime games, they are the best FPSers I have ever played. And I'd hardly call it "repetative".

[quote name='Jodou']GOTY? Doubtful (given GTA V is around the corner). People give it a pass for storytelling but as far as GAME goes, it's rehashed BioShock gameplay and repetitive. It's still a good game overall, for sure, but people will still see the forest for the trees.[/QUOTE]

Most games are "repetitive". Who are these "people" you are speaking of? Last time I checked those "people" were giving the game a 95 out of 100 average. It is the highest rated game since Skyrim so to just write if off because GTA is coming seems premature. People are not giving it a pass because of "story". They are praising it for showing a FPS can be more than just pew pew pew.

Guys, there's a reason nobody takes Jodou seriously.

You wanna give me more of Bioshock 1 and 2? Yes, please. Keep it coming. Bioshock Infinite and Dead Space 3 were my most anticipated games this year. I hope Bioshock sells really well for another sequel but I'll enjoy it on its own merit and not worry about sales numbers as a false indicator of quality.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']I didn't care for Bioshock 1 or 2 but Infinite is amazing. I was disappointed when my 1 hour trial ended but its definitely on my list of games to get when they drop. Also why I've been hitting up Targets on my lunch breaks.[/QUOTE]

Probably spent more money in gas/time looking for this deal than just paying the $60, lol.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']That would be funny, but I'm a little bit crazy so I constantly keep track of my gas usage and miles. I've been to 2 that were next to where my coworkers and I were carpooling to lunch so I'm good. Austin has a good number of restaurants and Targets.

They no longer even have clearance sections so I gave up the search quickly.[/QUOTE]

Yeah the closest Target doesn't throw up the Clearance sign any more. It is a random mess of value games, shitty accessories and at the bottom is usually where the clearance crap that no one will buy goes.

[quote name='StryderOmega']Probably spent more money in gas/time looking for this deal than just paying the $60, lol.[/QUOTE]

It's ok, that's the true CAG way. "So what if it's 80 miles away, it's 20 dollars cheaper!":)

[quote name='derintrel']It's ok, that's the true CAG way. "So what if it's 80 miles away, it's 20 dollars cheaper!":)[/QUOTE]

Sometimes I will go partake in a good hunt myself, but not $30 off. I would go for the better Clearance deals of Kmart and Sears. (Or finding good quality cases of discontinued games)

[quote name='Deader2818']i'd pay the 60. One of the few games thats well worth it.[/QUOTE]

It's the first game I've purchased on the launch day since Dead Space came out in 2008. It was well worth it.

[quote name='derintrel']It's ok, that's the true CAG way. "So what if it's 80 miles away, it's 20 dollars cheaper!":)[/QUOTE]
No, it's not.

[quote name='FourEyez']Pretty simple really: Called, asked about their "new" price match policy, asked if they would price match a target store, they verified the price (boss move). I completed my order.

:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

BUT...its YMMV and a target deal..so if I were everyone..I'd just give up. :whistle2:#[/QUOTE]

The game is clearanced @ $29.98. Your receipt shows $29.99. You clearly used $30 in reward zone certs or a gift card. Not a very "boss" move. Also, how would the employees at Best Buy "verify" a sale that isn't being advertised?

[quote name='FourEyez']Showing them a picture of it would be a rookie move.

232323232%7Ffp54367%3Enu%3D3357%3E%3B%3B2%3E742%3EWSNRCG%3D3936529568337nu0mrj

...I move like a boss!! :cool:[/QUOTE]

"Total items picked up"

LOL!:lol: At least get photo shop or try this on April 1st.

[quote name='confoosious']Why in the world would you lie about the BB price match? Rep points? :roll:[/QUOTE]

Actually, it's kind of funny. He isn't lying. I tipped him off to the North Olmsted Target price and he was able to call and pricematch by having our local best buy call that specific Target and confirm the price. Then he paid for the item over the phone - then went in to pick it up. They probably marked it as 29.99 instead of 29.98 in error, but should he bitch about the penny :roll:???

Truthfully, I don't care if none of you believe him or anybody else. It was extremely YMMV - hence the boss move. But whatever, butthurt is butthurt. Move on...

Congrats to everyone that got in on the deal and for local Northeast Ohio CAGs for posting the exact store information and the OP:applause:.

As long as the Target doesn't let it be known that the price is a clearance item....BB would easily be willing to PM it.

[quote name='alwayscheaper']That wasn't kind of funny at all.[/QUOTE]

If you watched everyone get denied on the OP..tip off,

...Then provide detailed instructions on how to get it done ...and watch everyone hate on it instead of taking the advice and trying it...

..Its actually funny as hell.

Haters...I guess I'll go back to my hole now: And by the way: I actually GAVE the phone number too BB op so she could call her self after I made sure the cat in electronics knew how much the game was going for.

Don't hate ya'll that $hit was a boss move for real. Now I'll go pay my 50% off game biiooottches!!

Ope!

[quote name='FourEyez']If you watched everyone get denied on the OP..tip off,

...Then provide detailed instructions on how to get it done ...and watch everyone hate on it instead of taking the advice and trying it...

..Its actually funny as hell.

Haters...I guess I'll go back to my hole now: And by the way: I actually GAVE the phone number too BB op so she could call her self after I made sure the cat in electronics knew how much the game was going for.

Don't hate ya'll that $hit was a boss move for real. Now I'll go pay my 50% off game biiooottches!!

Ope![/QUOTE]

cool story bro ....... wait did i do that right ? i dont really use these internet meme things. for a vet hes showing newbie like tendincies

I love how almost all these threads that have "Possibly YMMV?" are actually "YMMV and probably only one this one store that I went to."

[quote name='TortillaSoup']wait, did this all end up being a ruse?[/QUOTE]

Not a ruse...apparently more of a "limited pricing error that was only found at maybe half a dozen stores across the country" situation...

Found one in fort walton beach, florida marked clearance for $41.98. Went ahead and got it with my target card.

Wow wish this was a Target-wide "error", I'd be picking up one near instantly; beaten the game via Redbox, but I'd play it again, and/or max out achievements.

Managed to snag this deal at the Newnan GA Target. They had 2 PS3 copies and 1 360 copy still available at the clearance price if anyone is interested.

When I asked the electronics employee the reason for the clearance, he told me it was because they were remodeling electronics. The new area in the store for that department is smaller, so he said they were told to reduce inventory. He said they had Tomb Raider on clearance in this store last week for the same reason.

That may be a load of malarkey, and just a rumor between employees. It sure doesn't seem to make a lot of business sense to pick a brand new game to clear out just for shelf space.

Did any other CAGs who managed to get this deal happen to be buying from a Target that was remodeling? If so, maybe its a sign of some unique clearance opportunities in the future.

[quote name='American Madman']Managed to snag this deal at the Newnan GA Target. They had 2 PS3 copies and 1 360 copy still available at the clearance price if anyone is interested.

When I asked the electronics employee the reason for the clearance, he told me it was because they were remodeling electronics. The new area in the store for that department is smaller, so he said they were told to reduce inventory. He said they had Tomb Raider on clearance in this store last week for the same reason.

That may be a load of malarkey, and just a rumor between employees. It sure doesn't seem to make a lot of business sense to pick a brand new game to clear out just for shelf space.

Did any other CAGs who managed to get this deal happen to be buying from a Target that was remodeling? If so, maybe its a sign of some unique clearance opportunities in the future.[/QUOTE]

Hey man, I'm located in Atlanta (Inside the Perimeter) and if theres any chance you can sell me one of the PS3 copies, I can definitely pay you $40. If you can give me the location of the Target in Newnan, I can see if it's worth the drive up there.

No dice at Christiana Mall location in DE. I already have a copy which I bought at full price though. Infinite is one of the few games I'd recommend paying full price for. Phenomenal game all around

[quote name='trendsetter09']Hey man, I'm located in Atlanta (Inside the Perimeter) and if theres any chance you can sell me one of the PS3 copies, I can definitely pay you $40. If you can give me the location of the Target in Newnan, I can see if it's worth the drive up there.[/QUOTE]

I wont be back in the Newnan area until at least Friday - so you may want to consider heading down there in case they sell out. Its not a bad drive from ATL though, roughly 30 min south of the airport.

Take I-85 and get off on exit 47 . Take a right and Target is in a shopping center on about 1/2 mile down the road (across the street from IHOP.)

[quote name='American Madman']I wont be back in the Newnan area until at least Friday - so you may want to consider heading down there in case they sell out. Its not a bad drive from ATL though, roughly 30 min south of the airport.

Take I-85 and get off on exit 47 . Take a right and Target is in a shopping center on about 1/2 mile down the road (across the street from IHOP.)[/QUOTE]

This right here is a fail of an idea to go that far for a game when you just spent that much money in gas... Just buy it at $60.

Got walmart to price match it by showing them the pictures on the front page. Had to fight to get it at the register after i was told it would work. So this would be a ymmv as web

bread's done
Back