Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
You sound like a hater, honestly. There are plenty of very current multiplats ont he system. As for no system-sellilng exclusives? I mean come on now, that's just false. It's literally the fastest selling system...period. To say games like Smash Bros., Mario Odyssey, Pokemon, etc. aren't system sellers? You sound super delusional.

As for PS5/Scarlet they still have a lot to prove, and will have to catch up quite a ways to the massive number of units the Switch has sold. Right now it has dominated, and it looks like that's set to continue.
i absolutely hate these conversations you people have, but I also dont understand why the ps5/scarlet would need to catch up with the switch. at that point switch will be a prior generation system and will not be getting the same multiplatform games you speak of. have the ps4 and xbox one been trying to catch up with the wii?

You sound like a hater, honestly. There are plenty of very current multiplats ont he system. As for no system-sellilng exclusives? I mean come on now, that's just false. It's literally the fastest selling system...period. To say games like Smash Bros., Mario Odyssey, Pokemon, etc. aren't system sellers? You sound super delusional.

As for PS5/Scarlet they still have a lot to prove, and will have to catch up quite a ways to the massive number of units the Switch has sold. Right now it has dominated, and it looks like that's set to continue.
The only system seller the switch has is itself in the fact that its portable. There are absolutely no games on the system that are good enough to be system sellers. If MS/Sony were to come out with a portable device, itd be game over for nintendo. Only people that are actively buying systems and games are confused people blinded by childhood. Luigi's Mansion 3 is a prime example. Is it a good or even fun game? From what I've seen, absolutely not. Looks like something I'd make someone play if I wanted to get them to talk. Only reason its selling is confused kidults that say "oooo Luigi Mario's brother I loved him sooo much when I was 10" and then bend over for nintendo.

The only system seller the switch has is itself in the fact that its portable. There are absolutely no games on the system that are good enough to be system sellers. If MS/Sony were to come out with a portable device, itd be game over for nintendo. Only people that are actively buying systems and games are confused people blinded by childhood. Luigi's Mansion 3 is a prime example. Is it a good or even fun game? From what I've seen, absolutely not. Looks like something I'd make someone play if I wanted to get them to talk. Only reason its selling is confused kidults that say "oooo Luigi Mario's brother I loved him sooo much when I was 10" and then bend over for nintendo.
Tell this to all the moms going out to buy a switch or switch lite and Pokemon this Holiday. You should just stop, you really sound clueless. lol

Also I seem remember a certain game called Breath of the Wild or did all those launch switches get sold because of 1-2 switch?

When exactly do BB online deals go live? I'm doing a lot of shopping there.

(Lol @ Jacque3 though. Switch has no system sellers? LM3 looks so bad that they'd use it to torment people? The hyperbole is so strong that your argument takes water before you even make points. )

Did a Switch steal his girl or something? You sound really hurt by it and all those false claims of no games despite it's sales numbers screams you either don't know what you're talking about or have some bias against them. Please stop.

Tell this to all the moms going out to buy a switch or switch lite and Pokemon this Holiday. You should just stop, you really sound clueless. lol

Also I seem remember a certain game called Breath of the Wild or did all those launch switches get sold because of 1-2 switch?
Gotta say you made an excellent point in your second paragraph. "Uhh that one game in an almost 3 year period sold a couple systems... right?" LOL

Gotta say you made an excellent point in your second paragraph. "Uhh that one game in an almost 3 year period sold a couple systems... right?" LOL
A couple? You may be the most idiotic poster I have seen on here dude. You really need to get out of your mom's basement and do a little research on console sales you're making GS Dave look normal.

A couple? You may be the most idiotic poster I have seen on here dude. You really need to get out of your mom's basement and do a little research on console sales you're making GS Dave look normal.
Ah yes, I'll leave my moms basement to research game console sales...

You illustrate the exact problem: mom's are buying these for little Johnny and purchasing first party titles. That's where the buck stops, because sales to financially independent gamers are what bolster long-term sales. Is this a one-size fits all scenario? Of course not but it's a trend that has limited both 3rd party support as well as lifetime sales.

At any rate, I think this is spilling over into personal preference at this point which is a different debate.

No matter what console you play on, we are all gamers. Cheap Ass Gamers.
I play on tons of different platforms, both retro and modern. The past few months I've powered on:

Genesis / Saturn / Dreamcast

NES / SNES / N64 / GCN / Wii / Wii U / Switch / 3DS

PS1 / PS2 / PS3 / PS4 / PSP / PS Vita / PS TV

XBX / X360

There's just one problem... I can't keep up! The backlog never decreases, only increases! There's simply not enough hours in the day, and not enough days in a single lifespan to play all the great games on all the great systems. We really are spoiled for choice.

No matter what console you play on, we are all gamers. Cheap Ass Gamers.
Well I'd disagree on the last part. If you buy any game at $60 (or even $50) for that matter I'd say that should disqualify you from signing up on this website. Already see people talking about the new NFS on the xbox post for fucks sake lol....

I’m really curious if we will see those Facebook marketplace deals between Black Friday and Christmas like last year. There were some really good discounts in 2018.

You don't make any sense. The Switch is literally full of system sellers, just because you don't personally like Nintendo games doesn't mean they don't sell systems. Breath of the Wild, MK8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros., Pokemon, etc. are all massive games that sell the Switch, not only that but a lot of those games are among the best selling games of this generation. Also Sony has came out with portable devices and they were vastly superior to what Nintendo offered at the same time, but they still were commercial failures. I love the Vita, but it isn't even close to the sales numbers of the 3DS family of handhelds.

The evidence seems so clear to me and I am baffled why this argument persists. Military aid to Ukraine was withheld pending a favor to.......er uh....ooops, wrong forum 

The evidence seems so clear to me and I am baffled why this argument persists. Military aid to Ukraine was withheld pending a favor to.......er uh....ooops, wrong forum
yes but, is Lenovo spying for the Chinese government?

Walmart Black Friday store maps are up now, #s on the maps but no details on the deals, yet.

Well I'd disagree on the last part. If you buy any game at $60 (or even $50) for that matter I'd say that should disqualify you from signing up on this website. Already see people talking about the new NFS on the xbox post for fucks sake lol....
There is literally a whole thread dedicated to Collector's Edition games on here all which range from $80-$400. But we should be disqualified from here for buying any of them? If nobody ever bought full priced games studios would go out of business.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

I was hopeful on a decent Doom or Skyrim deal this year, both are still holding strong at $60 and it's a bummer to see other platforms get down to $20 or less in the meantime.

Was super ready to buy Diablo 3 at $25 but Blizzard went and made an ass of themselves.

I was hopeful on a decent Doom or Skyrim deal this year, both are still holding strong at $60 and it's a bummer to see other platforms get down to $20 or less in the meantime.

Was super ready to buy Diablo 3 at $25 but Blizzard went and made an ass of themselves.
I assume you are talking about Switch? Pretty sure I've seen some cheap Skyrim and Doom on PS4/Xbox One.

Diablo 3 is a great port on Switch though and I'd recommend it regardless of Blizzard looking like idiots.

I assume you are talking about Switch? Pretty sure I've seen some cheap Skyrim and Doom on PS4/Xbox One.

Diablo 3 is a great port on Switch though and I'd recommend it regardless of Blizzard looking like idiots.
Yeah, Switch. I've never seen Doom drop below $60 at retail and the lowest I've seen Skyrim is I believe $45.

You don't make any sense. The Switch is literally full of system sellers, just because you don't personally like Nintendo games doesn't mean they don't sell systems. Breath of the Wild, MK8 Deluxe, Super Mario Odyssey, Smash Bros., Pokemon, etc. are all massive games that sell the Switch, not only that but a lot of those games are among the best selling games of this generation. Also Sony has came out with portable devices and they were vastly superior to what Nintendo offered at the same time, but they still were commercial failures. I love the Vita, but it isn't even close to the sales numbers of the 3DS family of handhelds.
Don't really want to continue arguing about something irrelevant but I personally dont consider those system sellers as I've never seen anything that leads to believe that they are. And if you're buying a switch because of Mario Kart or smash bros that means you have other problems that need to be talked about, and also means you are falling into the category of suckers.

My other point wasnt just about a branded product, but specifically a product that allows people to play every game they can on their consoles on that product. I think something even as simple as xCloud can put the switch to sleep if it works properly when its released. Vita just had shit games which is why it never became successful when Nintendo was already established. You throw in the ability to play good games on launch of a portable or streamable portable service, and its goodnight Nintendo.

giphy.gif

Don't really want to continue arguing about something irrelevant but I personally dont consider those system sellers as I've never seen anything that leads to believe that they are. And if you're buying a switch because of Mario Kart or smash bros that means you have other problems that need to be talked about, and also means you are falling into the category of suckers.
no1 cares. :D/

My other point wasnt just about a branded product, but specifically a product that allows people to play every game they can on their consoles on that product. I think something even as simple as xCloud can put the switch to sleep if it works properly when its released. Vita just had shit games which is why it never became successful when Nintendo was already established. You throw in the ability to play good games on launch of a portable or streamable portable service, and its goodnight Nintendo.
Wow, can you just stop replying. You are free to do so I guess but damn are you annoying with this.

I'll break it down for you though with facts instead of your opinions.

The Switch has sold 36+ million consoles (estimates suggest 40 million though).

Cite 1 Cite 2 Cite 3

The best selling Switch games are listed below

• Mario Kart 8 Deluxe | 19 million
  • Super Smash Bros Ultimate | 15 million
  • Super Mario Odyssey | 15 million
  • Zelda: BotW | 14 million
  • Pokemon Let's Go Pikachu and Eevee | 11 million
  • Splatoon 2 | 9 million
  • Super Mario Party | 7 million
  • New Super Mario Bros. U Deluxe | 4 million
  • Super Mario Maker 2 | 3 million
  • Zelda: Link's Awakening | 3 million
Cite 1 Cite 2

So out of those top selling games, half of Switch owners own Mario Kart 8 Deluxe. Almost half of all Switch owners have Super Smash Bros Ultimate, Super Mario Odyssey and / or Zelda: BotW. If you want to take the time you can actually see the difference in sales numbers of Switch consoles from when these games came out and see the boost in sales from each of those months. You can do some work on your own and start on http://www.vgchartz.com/ as they post weekly / monthly sales numbers.

As for your other point, I don't think Nintendo is going anywhere anytime soon. I'll let their sales, demographic and continued success at being a household name and product speak for itself. But you can continue to hate on them, sorry a Switch got your chick too but it probably wasn't going to work anyways.

Walmart had Doom 2016 for $16 in Black Friday 2016. I would not settle for Doom from anywhere else!

Honestly didn't know there were this many nintendo fanboys here. I wonder what all of your loved ones think that you are all spending $60 consistently to play mario and zelda in your adulthood. Cant imagine any of you getting an attractive woman.

Honestly didn't know there were this many nintendo fanboys here. I wonder what all of your loved ones think that you are all spending $60 consistently to play mario and zelda in your adulthood. Cant imagine any of you getting an attractive woman.
So you get confronted with facts and you move on to this tired old insult? You know, for somebody who didn't want to continue arguing about something irrelevant, you sure do look like you want to continue arguing about something irrelevant.

Why would I want an attractive woman? I'm gay.

I've had more conversations with women over the years about $60 Mario and Zelda games than conversations about a $9 copy of Prey I found in the clearance rack at Target.

bread's done
Back