Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Really surprised Control/Borderlands 3 arent $20 or even $25 this BF. Easy pass. I wonder why more recent games didnt drop as much this year? They even still want $30 for greedfall!!! Crazy.

They know it's going to do fine without a price drop just like the console. It's only been 3 weeks and it has sold out and been restocked multiple times at my store.
Kinda saw it going the way of the Labo where it just sits on the shelf even at half off, but I guess this one was a hit for them. Might have to try it out.

Really surprised Control/Borderlands 3 arent $20 or even $25 this BF. Easy pass. I wonder why more recent games didnt drop as much this year? They even still want $30 for greedfall!!! Crazy.
Control is 25 at Target this year my dude. But I agree for the most part. I was hoping both of those would have been 20

I’m still waiting for other ads to drop, but does anyone know if the Jedi fallen order will have some sort of price change? I didn’t notice. Figure I ask
Its going to be $50-51 at Walmart (the deluxe will be $60) in store on release. That's probably the best "discount" it's going to get since it's new. It could possibly be added to Cyber Monday deals but it probably wouldn't be more than $10 off which is the Walmart price at release.

Control is 25 at Target this year my dude. But I agree for the most part. I was hoping both of those would have been 20
Must've missed it. Still an easy pass at $25 but thanks for letting me know. Also wish it wouldve gone to $20. Wouldve been a probably-buy.

Also disappointed that as of yet (doubt it's going to get any better) there isn't a single good switch deal. Was hoping to get one for deadly premonition next year but it looks like I might just have to wait for it to get ported to consoles.

I don't even blame stores for doing so. The average person won't even know there is a different or care. As long as the product works for them.

That makes perfect business sense. Why are people surprised?
Because Sony is giving 3 top tier games as opposed to the one last year and Nintendo can't even throw in free Nintendo Online and/or another code.

Really easy to put a sticker on the box and another code inside

The people who only go into stores during the holidays to buy stuff like this aren't even going to be aware of the difference...

Has anyone seen any deals on Microsoft Office Home for Windows 10?  I am looking for the permanent Home version as opposed to the subscription based 365 version.

Because Sony is giving 3 top tier games as opposed to the one last year and Nintendo can't even throw in free Nintendo Online and/or another code.

Really easy to put a sticker on the box and another code inside
They're selling well. No need to give free stuff to increase sales.

I could give a shit less about the new vs old model - just show some tact.

First they stopped doing monthly titles for Nintendo Online, and now they are too lazy to encourage they few that are....

I could give a shit less about the new vs old model - just show some tact.

First they stopped doing monthly titles for Nintendo Online, and now they are too lazy to encourage they few that are....
Vote with your wallet. If you don't like them don't buy their stuff. They're a company. Their sole job is to make money, which they are making a shit ton right now. They owe you nothing. The faster consumers get that the faster they can use their purchasing power to actually get the companies to change.

Well it's pathetic because they clearly dont care about their customer base, they only care about money *InB4 "Well no shit duhhh!?!?!"* why would you want to support that?

Charging $300 with absolutely nothing substantial included for an OG model of a primarily handheld gaming device almost 3 years after release is absurd.

EDIT: Its also crazy to think that there are some suckers out there that have spent $1000 on nintendo products over the last three years (switch console, games that never go on sale) when they could've turned that $1000 into an actual console and 30+ games instead of basically a handheld system and 10 games.

Well it's pathetic because they clearly dont care about their customer base, they only care about money *InB4 "Well no shit duhhh!?!?!"* why would you want to support that?

Charging $300 with absolutely nothing substantial included for an OG model of a primarily handheld gaming device almost 3 years after release is absurd.

EDIT: Its also crazy to think that there are some suckers out there that have spent $1000 on nintendo products over the last three years (switch console, games that never go on sale) when they could've turned that $1000 into an actual console and 30+ games instead of basically a handheld system and 10 games.
Their customer base buys all the crap they put out repeatedly so clearly they are doing something right.

You just mad cause you can't get a deal. Chill.

Quality over quantity my dude!
Other than BOTW I dont think Nintendo has put out a higher quality exclusive or even port for that matter than anything released on console. I'd argue most of the suckers are buying it because it says nintendo on the case.

Perfect example is Witcher 3. One of the best games ever? Absolutely. However, people are buying a 4+ year old game for $50!! because it says Nintendo on the front when they can get it for under $15 and have it run better AND look better on consoles. There is literally no other explanation for that.

Other than BOTW I dont think Nintendo has put out a higher quality exclusive or even port for that matter than anything released on console. I'd argue most of the suckers are buying it because it says nintendo on the case.

Perfect example is Witcher 3. One of the best games ever? Absolutely. However, people are buying a 4+ year old game for $50!! because it says Nintendo on the front when they can get it for under $15 and have it run better AND look better on consoles. There is literally no other explanation for that.
You are right. Nintendo fans buy their overpriced shit all the time. They just do it's what Nintendo fans do.

Judging from the anger in your post, those "suckers" are probably happier with their 10 games on a handheld than you are with your 30+ games on an "actual console."

They can also recoup most of the money they spent because Nintendo games retain their value, while those 30+ games on "actual consoles" are barely worth the disc they're printed on on the used market 6 months after release.

Maybe, but I can't play the PS4 version of the Witcher on a plane. To each their own

This filthy console peasant says his games look better.

giphy.gif

Yeah, I gave up waiting on them since they can't start on time and surprise! I missed nothing. . .
To play devil's advocate, I think they do that to throw off bots from grabbing all the good stuff right away. Still annoying when you're up late waiting for the sale to start so you can sleep.

You sound angry and unhappy. Here’s a solution.

Dont fucking buy it.

Whoo-boy, you can tell it's that Black Friday time of year in here. Everyone save some salt and pointless arguments for Thanksgiving; don't waste it all in here.

I'm really hoping there is some kind of sale for Switch Fire Emblem or the new Zelda. Even if it's just $10-$15 each title. Also, is there ever going to be a complete edition for Red Dead 2?

I'm really hoping there is some kind of sale for Switch Fire Emblem or the new Zelda. Even if it's just $10-$15 each title. Also, is there ever going to be a complete edition for Red Dead 2?
Amazon currently has Link’s Awakening for $49 plus 5% CB if you use discover card.

Walmart always has their switch games for $50 in store if that's enough of a discount for you.

I’ve been tempted to get a PSVR for a while now, and the Target 5 game bundle looks like the best deal to me - is it the new one or the old one? And does anyone know if it comes with controllers?

I looked through all the ads out so far and the 4K deals look worse for Disney movies this year. Target’s B2G1 sale right now looks better than what has been seen from some places such as Best Buy with their $21.99 per 4K for Disney and Marvel. I expect some to be a little less but unfortunately doubt it. I bought nine 4K movies from Target last night. If they wind up cheaper, it won’t be by much from the looks of it since the blu-rays are listed at $16.99.

I do plan on buying all three of The Dark Knight 4Ks from Best Buy on Black Friday as they will be a lot cheaper.

I’ve been tempted to get a PSVR for a while now, and the Target 5 game bundle looks like the best deal to me - is it the new one or the old one? And does anyone know if it comes with controllers?
I bought a bundle last year. It did not come with the PS Move controllers.

I just wanted to stop by and say thanks to ThatOneGuyWho, CheapyD and all you other hardcore cheapasses that make this site what it is for Black Friday. I never miss this action, it warms my heart.

Yes, it's essentially the base game with the DLC either included on disc or there is a download code for the bundle.
The DLC content for Marvel's Spider-man GOTY game is just a download code voucher, sadly. However, 15 bucks is still a sweet deal.

The DLC content for Marvel's Spider-man GOTY game is just a download code voucher, sadly. However, 15 bucks is still a sweet deal.
I'm definitely snagging a copy. I bought it used near launch for $35, and quickly resold it for $45 after I unlocked the Platinum trophy. I can't wait to get back into it and check out the new costumes and DLC.

bread's done
Back