Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
It's not even out yet. Games that come out November or later have their release dates positioned in that way so they don't have to go on sale for Black Friday.

It'll probably go on sale around Christmas week for $44.99-49.99 at a couple places. Or else you can just buy it at Walmart now that their standard retail pricing is $49.94 on pretty much all new games. But I doubt that you'll find it cheaper until early 2020. Sony has exclusivity on it too so it's even more likely to maintain it's pricing for longer.
FYI - Death Stranding is $59.99 at Walmart, even in store. No $10 discount in store for this one.

Wondering when the spreadsheet will pop up online... With Target having made their ad available, I'm thinking that the sheet will ultimately come about soon enough.

One of the deals I am very hopeful of seeing is Gamestop returning the free Xbox 360 rebate promotion. While a large amount of the Xbox 360 games are available on Xbox One, I do think that a few of the titles were missed out on. Games like the Fear trilogy (which I haven't really heard of until a bunch of Redditors mention how it missed out), Call of Duty Classic (they missed out on the original Call Of Duty)... And I would appreciate getting some games off of my Xbox One hard drive and being able to play them in their physical glory. (Also, playing the original versions of games like Bulletstorm and such would really help me to boost my gamer score).

A few deals that piqued my interest from the Target ad:

Control $25

Modern Warfare $45

Borderlands 3 $35

Red Dead 2 $30

Judgement $30

Catherine FB $30 (I'll see about playing more of the original Catherine on Xbox 360 and how interested I am from that)

Team Sonic $15

Mario and Rabbids $15

50" 4k TV for $150 (I'm thinking of just waiting for an 8K tv and saving up for that.)

A big maybe for me is the Playstation VR at $200.

Hopefully I'll still be able to see an Elite Controller V2 deal. That would be awesome. But anyhow, these are some really nice deals to look forward to!

My most likely pre tax/shipping: 

$325 (Excluding Catherine FB and the Playstation VR, my maybes))

As with previous years, target didn't really seem to lead the pack with blowout deals. But I'm willing to give them a chance, since I have been hired on with a nearby one seasonally, hopefully gonna be a regular at the end of the contracted term as I continue my search for a career. 

Excuse me, that was a lot of text!

Edit:

I do hope someone brings up a good deal for Hitman 2 Gold Edition. It's taken over my entire game library this year, and I have 0 regrets about preordering it for $100. This is by far and large my favorite game ever played, and I hope you guys get the chance to experience it for yourselves!)

People tend to post them in this thread as it covers other stuff than just games. Also, https://forum.blu-ray.com/ is a good place to look for deals for movies.
Thanks; I love Blu-Ray.com.

There are threads for 4k movie deals here on CAG in Blu-ray& DVD Deals. There is also a thread for Steelbooks which a lot are 4k. Not sure if we see many 4k steelbooks on sale but I post there when I find good sales.
I’m aware of the Blu-Ray & DVD Deals section of the website, but it doesn’t seem to be very active a lot. I doubt a separate thread will be made there. I’ll just hope to see them in this thread or via Blu-Ray.com

It's not even out yet. Games that come out November or later have their release dates positioned in that way so they don't have to go on sale for Black Friday.

It'll probably go on sale around Christmas week for $44.99-49.99 at a couple places. Or else you can just buy it at Walmart now that their standard retail pricing is $49.94 on pretty much all new games. But I doubt that you'll find it cheaper until early 2020. Sony has exclusivity on it too so it's even more likely to maintain it's pricing for longer.
Meanwhile NFS Heat is gonna bomb so bad that Target has it as a $35 deal. BEFORE IT EVEN RELEASES. I'm gonna simply wait for EA Access. (I did that for Payback, and I was surprised with the quality!)

I know some ppl are going for that Target XB1-S bundle. But I'm personally going for the Costco XB1-S bundle (1tb S console, 2 controllers, 3 month Game Pass for $200) if the price doesn't change at all (currently $300 and itssupposed to go $100 off). I can buy it online and not have to deal with Black Friday shoppers lol

Where yall seeing the games I'm just seeing some shitty headsets.

Nvm I'm an idiot lol

i want a deal on yakuza kiwami 2
Best Buy is the current winner at $14.99 (plus tons of other great deals).

https://twitter.com/videogamedeals/status/1192322856811671552/photo/1

Kicking myself on Persona 5, Nioh, Resident Evil 2, Spider-Man, Kingdom Hearts 3 and Man of Medan. I'm eyeing the entire Shenmue series for $50 ($15/35).

How are you seeing the other deals?? I’m not seeing anything.

You need to be a elite/elite plus member??

Edit: NVM it’s the preview the Bf ad.

Just to be contrary, Just Dance 2020 came out Nov 5, and will be on BF sales for 25 instead of 40.

Just to be contrary, Just Dance 2020 came out Nov 5, and will be on BF sales for 25 instead of 40.
Also Shenmue III (59.99) releases November 19th and is in the BF ad for $35. That's a week later, everyone should cancel their pre-orders lol.

I'd like an X too, but it makes absolutely no sense to put $300 + tax towards one of those today when there will be a much more desirable Xbox and PS5 for ~$500 (my estimation) in about ten months.
Good point, I was eying the bundle deal and trying to figure out a way to flip the X1S to offset the cost somehow, but nah.

Days Gone for $20 is about right for the game; gonna jump on that. Nice to see RE2 is the same as Target at BB as well, so makes that easier along with Ghost Recon being $2 less. Secret of Mana Collection for $20 also, hmmmmm. . .(lol at being TOTALLY limited. . .my ass).

Best Buy is kicking Target's ass just because of the fact that they have $10 games this year, and some of them are really great.

Best Buy is kicking Target's ass just because of the fact that they have $10 games this year, and some of them are really great.
The oddest disparity there is Fallout 76. Like how did Target think $30 was going to cut it when it's clearly only worth a third of that at BB, or in general.

I’m impressed with Best Buy’s deals. Judgement, Persona Q 2 and Dragon Quest Builders 2 for $25. DMCV, RE2, and Spider-Man GOTY for $15. Nice to see a lot of Switch games on sale too.

Looks like they will have some very good movie deals as well.

Best Buy & Target are about equal folks. Each one has prices lower than the other, each have games higher than the other & each has something the other doesn't have on sale.

Wal-Mart, where art thou?

Looking at that Best Buy ad, someone should tell that to Need for Speed Heat, and that's not even officially out until tomorrow.

I see a big change in the number of Disney movies on any "real" sale, for example you could get most of last year's Marvel films on 4K for $15 last year from Best Buy or Target, now they're all $22. I imagine this is part of their push to get people on Disney+.

I see a big change in the number of Disney movies on any "real" sale, for example you could get most of last year's Marvel films on 4K for $15 last year from Best Buy or Target, now they're all $22. I imagine this is part of their push to get people on Disney+.
If you need them in 4K, you'd probably be better off getting them right now with Target's B2G1.

The weird part is that the DVDs for Endgame and Far From Home are going to be on sale for more than the Blu-Rays will.

So far Best buy and target have my money this year. I'm hoping sense Catherine full body is on sale everywhere that the premium edition goes on sale too.

Not buying too much gaming and movie wise this year as I need to save up for a new TV and right now best buy has the better BF prices this year on what I want. Depending on how much I have leftover funds wise I might pick up a few movies and Catherine FB but that's it.

I hope even better deals show up from Best Buy, Target and Walmart. Amazon is just a follow through and has sucked for years now with buttfuck Bezos riding his no tax wave of profit.

Black Friday Best Buy Thread is up: HERE

Everything shown on the ad is already listed, I'll check periodically to see if they update anything.

Now, for those of us who still have GCU, do we wait until Cyber Monday and hope the same game deals are in effect?

No price on Star Wars Fallen Order. I guess the i'll preorder, GCU plus 10 Rewards cert. will suffice I guess.

I have a feeling we could see a stealth discount. I got Hitman 2 for $25 last year and I do t think it was advertised initially.

No price on Star Wars Fallen Order. I guess the i'll preorder, GCU plus 10 Rewards cert. will suffice I guess.

Am I so wrong for anticipating/hoping for Days Gone and Spider Man available somewhere?  Quiet year for me, otherwise.  Unless a game I forgot about goes on sale...

It seems that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has left the collective consciousness because I have never seen it on sale and it’s not even a Nintendo first party game. And so far neither Target or Best Buy have it on sale for BF. What gives?!

bread's done
Back