Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Dangit, I had to go and put Spider-Man, DQB2, and Mario Tennis Aces on my Christmas list.  Now some family member will spend full price instead of these sale prices.  I realize it's not my money, but it still bugs me.

It seems that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has left the collective consciousness because I have never seen it on sale and it’s not even a Nintendo first party game. And so far neither Target or Best Buy have it on sale for BF. What gives?!
I believe it's published by Nintendo, fwiw.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk

If you need them in 4K, you'd probably be better off getting them right now with Target's B2G1.

The weird part is that the DVDs for Endgame and Far From Home are going to be on sale for more than the Blu-Rays will.
I am sitting here with 21 movies in my cart. The order will be just over $450 for movies but it is for movies that will be watched a lot by my family. I am just going to go over them to see what we may not want but I doubt I find a single one.

Last year a lot of decent movies were $9.99 in 4K. This year they are $22.99 each for some reason. Awful sell from Best Buy.

It seems that Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 has left the collective consciousness because I have never seen it on sale and it’s not even a Nintendo first party game. And so far neither Target or Best Buy have it on sale for BF. What gives?!
It was just on sale for $44.99 at Best Buy. Its currently $49.99 at Best Buy ($39.99 if you have GCU).

I believe it's published by Nintendo, fwiw.

Sent from my Moto G (5) Plus using Tapatalk
Its is published by Nintendo so that's probably why they are stingy about the price.

Any notable sales on Monster Hunter GU?  I'm not seeing it in any of the lists, but it seems ripe for a good sale.

I've got sometime to do some final house cleaning on my backlog for this incoming black friday. 

So far I'm interested in:

Gears 5

Resident Evil 2

Devil May Cry 5

God of War PS4

Awaiting better deals for

Control

Borderlands 3

Outer Worlds

No price on Star Wars Fallen Order. I guess the i'll preorder, GCU plus 10 Rewards cert. will suffice I guess.
We need reviews first ha. I'm thinking this one will bomb in reviews, but still do well given the D+ and movie hype. Most likely it will be on sale during the shopping rush though.

Also, PSA the Switch/MK8 bundle will be last year's hardware. Does NOT include the refresh for battery life and arguably better screen.

Now, for those of us who still have GCU, do we wait until Cyber Monday and hope the same game deals are in effect?
Not everything was the same price last year. And some items never came back in stock after they sold out during Black Friday. Then magically on Tuesday Disgea came back instock.

I think the year before last everything was the same price on Monday plus gcu.

Was really hoping for outer worlds discount...also I thought games like code vein the surge 2 would be $30 by now...hopefully gamestop comes through...so far game deal are lackluster but im in for control $25 and judgement for $30

Something I was fully expecting to see at Best Buy but I guess I'll have to hold out for Wal-Mart (or maybe even XBL if it goes low enough to justify a single-playthrough game):  A Plague Tale Innocence.  That game screamed $20/$25 Black Friday to me when it was being publicised.

EDIT:  I forgot GameStop was also a place that sold games on Black Friday.

I was not interested in Star Wars Jedi but damn does it look good. Was just watching some newly released video from a demo and I'm impressed how good it looks in terms of gameplay. Don't feel like supporting an EA game but if I was to do so, it would be a game like this.

Hopefully there will be some BF deals for it but it doesn't look likely so far.

I like what I see from Jedi also. My kids want an Xb1s for xmas might just buy the bundle so I can play it. Hopefully gamestop does the $50 gift card with xbox bundles, they did last year but it excluded the minecraft bundle.

My local grocery store also has a gift card promo where you can get $50 gamestop and best buy giftcards for $40. Last year between us and my family we had enough points to get 14 $50 gcs for $40 each.

Sent from my SM-S367VL using Tapatalk

is it can be haz that times again right meow?!

it-has-begun-1.png

Dangit, I had to go and put Spider-Man, DQB2, and Mario Tennis Aces on my Christmas list. Now some family member will spend full price instead of these sale prices. I realize it's not my money, but it still bugs me.
It's a huge part of why I hate receiving Christmas presents. Just give me the money and I'll get what you were gonna get me, and way more for the same amount. Or I just buy everything I want for myself before Christmas and everyone gets mad because they have nothing to get me since I dont want anything else.

Now the hardest part is do I get everything Friday or do I hold out until Monday hoping most of the deals are the same and get to use my GCU 🤔

Y'all can laugh at me, but i'm hoping someone drops Playstation Classic down to $20 again.  I nabbed one in July for myself, and have recently been having fun ripping games from my library and loading them onto it to play without putting wear on my 20 year old, cherry PSX.  Now i'd like to pick up another one, customize it a little bit, and gift it to my sister and her new husband, who play games together but weren't into the Playstation era (i owned the Playstation in my house as a teenager, bought with my own money and shared with no one).

I think you have it wrong. I've had this game in my sights since the first reveal, but all the previews so far say that they are surprised by how good it actually is. It's almost like Star Wars : Sekiro-lite (Sekiro is my GOTY so far) and it has that metroidvania exploration aspect as well. This game is gonna surprise a lot of people, and I hope it sells a ton.
You should be right Omni99. The game is being made by good developers and “if” (and it’s a huge IF) EA stays out of it with the micro transactions like they said they would it should be really good.

I think you have it wrong. I've had this game in my sights since the first reveal, but all the previews so far say that they are surprised by how good it actually is. It's almost like Star Wars : Sekiro-lite (Sekiro is my GOTY so far) and it has that metroidvania exploration aspect as well. This game is gonna surprise a lot of people, and I hope it sells a ton.
I hope I'm wrong, but the reveal for the game this year at E3 was ROUGH. Either the person playing was doing a great job at slow pacing and boring combat, or the game was still too rough to be shown. It instantly dropped off my radar since then, but I'm still curious how it turns out.

BTW, does the Target BF preview start in like 5 minutes? They still say "tomorrow" on the splash page.

I hope I'm wrong, but the reveal for the game this year at E3 was ROUGH. Either the person playing was doing a great job at slow pacing and boring combat, or the game was still too rough to be shown. It instantly dropped off my radar since then, but I'm still curious how it turns out.

BTW, does the Target BF preview start in like 5 minutes? They still say "tomorrow" on the splash page.
I reckon it starts at 2am east time, so in about 28 minutes.

Started at 3:20 eastern time but there are no videogame deals at all. Disappointing but I kind of expected this.

I dunno if I even wanna pull the trigger early on BB stuff. They always have their early access sales, then black Friday.. but then on Cyber Monday a lot of the games are even cheaper. I feel like in the past Walmart has beaten a lot of other game deals by at least $5.

Control is the only game I'm debating, a few 4k movies, honestly I'm waiting on a sound bar to drop and some smart bulbs. Lots of robot vacuums on sale, glad I got mine last year.

Is it to early to mention the the spreadsheet of retailers, someone usually posts a comparison of all the deals _ easy to follow _ might need more ads to come out

Walmart released their Black Friday Ad Nov 8th last year so maybe will see something from them today or at least in the next day or two.
Black Friday was also earlier in the month last year. This year, it isn't until the end of November. So, if they really wanted to, they could wait until next week to release it.

Control is the only game I'm debating, a few 4k movies, honestly I'm waiting on a sound bar to drop and some smart bulbs. Lots of robot vacuums on sale, glad I got mine last year.
Control is a great game, I'd say it's Remedy's best work so far.

RE2 is a definite yes. I'd buy Control, DQB2, and RDR2 if they were the same price. Guess I'll just wait til they're cheaper.

Maybe this is better served in this thread...

Best Buy has a bunch of their SDXC cards on sale...what's the best price performance option for a Switch? This one for 256GB? Is there an difference in performance on the Sandisk "EXTREME PLUS" vs. "ULTRA PLUS" if only using for a Switch...I think that maxes out at 100mb/s?

https://www.bestbuy.com/site/sandisk-ultra-plus-256gb-microsdxc-uhs-i-memory-card/6346823.p?skuId=6346823

Full List:
https://www.bestbuy.com/site/black-friday/camera-camcorder-ad/pcmcat1568908677421.c?id=pcmcat1568908677421

Dangit, I had to go and put Spider-Man, DQB2, and Mario Tennis Aces on my Christmas list. Now some family member will spend full price instead of these sale prices. I realize it's not my money, but it still bugs me.
Dude. I know this feeling. I've actually returned items and gave my parents the different in the past.

Wishlist:

- Fire Emblem Three Houses

- Astral Chain

- Death Stranding

- AI: The Somnium Files (For under $30)

- Tales of Vesperia (For under $15)

Otherwise I might just focus on playing the games I bought in 2017/2018

I’m still waiting for other ads to drop, but does anyone know if the Jedi fallen order will have some sort of price change? I didn’t notice. Figure I ask

bread's done
Back