Black Friday 2019 Video Game Deals - Master Thread, Spreadsheet, and General Black Friday Discussion

CheapyD

Head Cheap Ass
Staff member
Feedback
14 (100%)
Last edited by a moderator:
Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I swear in years past I remember seeing something about not being able to use MyBestBuy Rewards certificates for BlackFriday purchases....am I making that up?

Ok, this may be a dumb question, but I swear in years past I remember seeing something about not being able to use MyBestBuy Rewards certificates for BlackFriday purchases....am I making that up?
I don’t see why you wouldn’t be able to use certificates toward any Best Buy purchase. You’ve earned those. There shouldn’t be any restriction there.

GCU on the other hand...

At GameStop

In for

Indivisible
Super Dragon Ball Heroes

The only title I can’t find on sale is Fire Emblem Three houses.

And I'm getting me and my brother a copy. We have very little we can play together Hahaha
Wait a little longer and Anthem will probably be thrown in with every purchase just to get rid of the inventory.

I wonder if Cheapy put out copies at Halloween like he did with Destiny 2 last year...

That's a pretty good ad from Gamestop to be honest. Some more niche stuff like Cold Steel 3, AI, and Crystar at good prices. Also, the Genesis mini for 50 bucks is very tempting. I don't think I've seen any discounts on that yet! Best buy is a couple bucks cheaper on several of the big games, but this is a good ad.

Told everyone Gamestop would be coming through with more niche titles on discount. Likely springing for Trails of Cold Steel 3 and AI. If I'm going with whatever Metal Wolf Chaos will be a buy too. Only other game i'm interested in from places is RE2. These discounts also show why it's usually better to wait than buy games even niche. I still have Crystar on my shelf and it's going to be cheap. Oh well it did have GCU applied.....
Same here. I had $10 of certs back in September so I got Crystar for 38 and it's on my shelf. It seemed so niche that I figured it would disappear quickly and eventually end up with a pricey secondary market. But I guess that's the risk we take. Who knows if you might end up with a GS gutted copy anyway.

Great deal on Cold steel 3 as well. Highly recommended for JRPG fans

hey everyone, spreadsheet guy here.

spreadsheet update:

i understand there is new content and that people would like to make copies of the spreadsheet or make edits. unfortunately, the spreadsheet has gotten the hug of death from the CAG community and we're seeing errors that we saw last year (no navigation appearing, copying access unavailable, error messages when attempting to edit or add edit access, etc). i'm currently working with google customer support to find a solution. i don't think google sheets are designed to sustain this kind of load. 

i'll keep you all posted on what google has to say. hang tight! we're working at it!

Going to get Marvel's Spiderman for $14.99. Just to be clear, stores won't price match other stores correct? Like, Wal-Mart or Target won't PM BB on Spiderman?

Anyone recall what time Walmart put their sales up online? I'm off Thanksgiving for once and want to pick up Mario party online with my fire emblem mess up gift card.

Anyone recall what time Walmart put their sales up online? I'm off Thanksgiving for once and want to pick up Mario party online with my fire emblem mess up gift card.
Last year Wal-Mart didn't really put any of their Black Friday games up on sale and I think year before there was a small assortment at best. In short, stuff goes on sale typically around 12AM EST Thanksgiving if I remember right, but keep your expectations low.

EDIT: Actually ad got updated so it's Wednesday 10PM EST

spreadsheet update:

i understand there is new content and that people would like to make copies of the spreadsheet or make edits. unfortunately, the spreadsheet has gotten the hug of death from the CAG community and we're seeing errors that we saw last year (no navigation appearing, copying access unavailable, error messages when attempting to edit or add edit access, etc). i'm currently working with google customer support to find a solution. i don't think google sheets are designed to sustain this kind of load.

i'll keep you all posted on what google has to say. hang tight! we're working at it!
Ctrl A - Ctrl C - Ctrl V into excel works for anyone that needs to make a copy for themselves data isnt restricted from being copied manually its just an excel sheet

Has anyone done a write-up on GS deals yet? This link isn't working at all for me.

gs.png

I'm already getting one of these errors and it isn't even BF yet. *sigh*

Wait, is for Target's sales, it says in the Target thread save $150 on all Xbox One X consoles. Is that supposed to say Xbox One S consoles? I went to the Target ad and only see one Xbox One X sale and that's the Jedi bundle for $350 plus gift card.

Last year Wal-Mart didn't really put any of their Black Friday games up on sale and I think year before there was a small assortment at best. In short, stuff goes on sale typically around 12AM EST Thanksgiving if I remember right, but keep your expectations low.

EDIT: Actually ad got updated so it's Wednesday 10PM EST
Thanks for your help

Such a weird year. I have some GS credit but I'm not overpaying for games just because of that. Pretty sad that the primary gaming retailer gets beat out on video games this bad by every other company involved not even known for games.

Wonder what will be easier: Target or Best Buy?

Such a weird year. I have some GS credit but I'm not overpaying for games just because of that. Pretty sad that the primary gaming retailer gets beat out on video games this bad by every other company involved not even known for games.

Wonder what will be easier: Target or Best Buy?
GameStop is now the primary PoP retailer mostly. LMAO

This point target is the only place I need to go sadly they’ll open at 3pm Thursday and I am stuck at the in laws hoping I can get a store pick up for Jedi fallen one x

Do we know if gcu will work on the PlayStation greatest hits game on Monday? Since Sony announced that sale instead of best buy.

$40 gift card. Game + System + $40 instead of just game + system
Okay. Thanks for the clarification. I am probably just going to buy a PS4 Pro system off offerup. It's used but it's the Star Wars edition. I found it locally for $250 and it comes with Battlefront 2 and Overwatch.

Gamestop Black Friday Thread is up: HERE

Everything shown on the ad is already listed, I'll check periodically to see if they update anything.

spreadsheet update:

My recommendation is to finish any edits you need to make and put it into the most 'complete' state you can right now (as it will need to be updated again next week when the missing ad pages roll out). Then download a copy and place it into a dropbox or google drive for people to download their own.

Heads up, some of Best Buys deals are coming up early access right now if you're a signed in member

Spreadsheet Update:

gamestop column has been added! if you see any mistakes or anything i missed, please leave a comment. should hear back from google customer support either tomorrow or the next day regarding edit access/copying the file. 

Which deals? I want the Spiderman PS4 GOTY for $14.99 but it's still full price.
DQ Builders 2, Ghost Recon Breakpoint, Secret of Mana, and Kingdom Hearts confirmed by me so far. Checked off 3 for me and one present, done. Seems like all the phone deals are on now too. We stopped at BB tonight to ask about the particulars and only Samsung was on, now Iphone popped up for her as well. Going in tomorrow to get new phones when I pick up my games; stoked!

Also, Target flipped the switch on some movie deals that I can see; no clue about games since they were all priced higher but they might do more now that EVERYONE IS STARTING BF THE WEEK BEFORE BF. . . -_-

bread's done
Back