Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks for starting this thread OP. I thought I was missing something when we hadn't seen hardly ANYTHING this year so far.

Does the Gopro 8 still overheat causing the stopping of recording and shutting off? I'm looking at the Wally World ad pg3. Most action is around dirt, so leaving the flap off really isn't a good idea.

Is there an accessory that can attach to a belt and film straight foward? I have a backpack attachment when attached to the belt has a limit of say 75-80 degrees max: without leaning back, great views of the ground.

Thank you OP!    yes, this year, no leaks on retailer ads, impressive they are keeping their deals quiet this long

Was last year's as quiet as this year?

Cause I would guess supply chains disruptions happened last year as well

I buy 90% of my first party Nintendo switch games used. In between Gamestop B2G1 ($30ish each with pur/certs) & Gamefly ($35).Plus the random WM clearance Xenoblade & TMS#FE ($10) Best way to save with them. Just be patient.

I buy 90% of my first party Nintendo switch games used. In between Gamestop B2G1 ($30ish each with pur/certs) & Gamefly ($35).Plus the random WM clearance Xenoblade & TMS#FE ($10) Best way to save with them. Just be patient.
I second this. I do the exact same. Grabbed Hades on switch for $18 earlier today and you can often find first party switch titles under $40.

There definitely will be but it might just be some sort of bundle or small discount of like $25 off
I dunno, I would almost bet there are no bundle deals this year because they may have a hard time guaranteeing stock.

Merchandisers might, but this year seems like it's going to be an odd one.

More so amplified with a teeming swarm of scalpers, a craze that seems way more fierce lately than previous years/game generations.

I dunno, I would almost bet there are no bundle deals this year because they may have a hard time guaranteeing stock.

Merchandisers might, but this year seems like it's going to be an odd one.

More so amplified with a teeming swarm of scalpers, a craze that seems way more fierce lately than previous years/game generations.
Yeah I mean Nintendo already announced their "official" black Friday deals and the switch lite wasn't on there, but there is another Mario kart switch bundle with the regular switch. I think specific retailers will offer so sort of switch lite deal. I see tons of switch lites in stock everywhere so I don't think stock is an issue with that.

About 12 days remaining to the start of the Black Friday week and no ads leaked from the likes of Walmart, Best Buy, Target and others.

The economy has been “stable” and in the “green” side so I’m not expecting anything good.

The 2008-2012 (when the economy was bad) period seems to be unmatchable in terms of deals for BF

Really weird that much of this stuff hasn't leaked this year yet, and some of what has leaked is pretty empty. The dream may be over. Strange to have nostalgia for a time period on a website, but for about a ten year period starting in 2007, there were always a few things worth getting excited about.

these ads haven't "leaked" for years, and there is no way companies are going to put out their actual black friday ads when they are trying to sell their early black friday deals. if people saw better stuff that is going to be on sale on black friday, they wouldn't buy the discontinued/old crap they are trying to sell right now.

I ask about the Switch Lite because the official Nintendo Refurbished ones (they are usually emasculate) are currently $170.
LOL, I think you mean "immaculate" instead of "emasculate." If only the Switch Lite had video output, then I too would be confident in my manliness. Even with a Hatsune MIku turquoise Switch Lite.

Seriously, though I would buy a Switch Lite if retailers threw in a $30 Switch game or gift card with purchase.

these ads haven't "leaked" for years, and there is no way companies are going to put out their actual black friday ads when they are trying to sell their early black friday deals. if people saw better stuff that is going to be on sale on black friday, they wouldn't buy the discontinued/old crap they are trying to sell right now.
Marketing materials have to get to stores for display and staging. Usually there is weeks to months lead time for materials and someone, somewhere, in the chain usually leaks them. The fact it hasn't is very odd and not typical of the circumstances in previous years.

Again, due to the supply constraints going on, I bet deals will be much more ad hoc and minor simply because they cannot guarantee product on shelves. And even if they did, it would move at full price right now, due to demand (perhaps artificially driven by scalping).

No one needs to run a deal on hardware (TVs, consoles, graphics cards) since is just moves right now. Usually there are Black Friday specifically made electronics to be deal busters, but given chip shortages and shipping times, I highly doubt we will see those this year as, again, why make a cheaper product when the normal stuff sells?

Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical, but I don't think this will be a good year for deals. Or rather, any deals there are, will be digital and likely discounts on subscription services...

Perhaps I'm a bit too cynical, but I don't think this will be a good year for deals. Or rather, any deals there are, will be digital and likely discounts on subscription services...
I don't think this is a cynical take, just a realistic one. There's no need to incentivize purchasing when demand far outstrips supply.

so tell me one major store ad that has leaked in the last 5 years? because best buy, target, and walmart ads have not leaked for years, they release them on their site and then everyone tries to claim they have the leaked ad when it is on the companies site. there is a reason all the black friday ad sites are gone, the leaks are few and far between.

it's like everyone talking about supply issues like it is something new, nobody remembers completely empty shelves in 2020?

so tell me one major store ad that has leaked in the last 5 years? because best buy, target, and walmart ads have not leaked for years, they release them on their site and then everyone tries to claim they have the leaked ad when it is on the companies site. there is a reason all the black friday ad sites are gone, the leaks are few and far between.

it's like everyone talking about supply issues like it is something new, nobody remembers completely empty shelves in 2020?
why do you care so much bro?

Marketing materials have to get to stores for display and staging. Usually there is weeks to months lead time for materials and someone, somewhere, in the chain usually leaks them. The fact it hasn't is very odd and not typical of the circumstances in previous years.

Again, due to the supply constraints going on, I bet deals will be much more ad hoc and minor simply because they cannot guarantee product on shelves. And even if they did, it would move at full price right now, due to demand (perhaps artificially driven by scalping).

No one needs to run a deal on hardware (TVs, consoles, graphics cards) since is just moves right now. Usually there are Black Friday specifically made electronics to be deal busters, but given chip shortages and shipping times, I highly doubt we will see those this year as, again, why make a cheaper product when the normal stuff sells?

You basically summed up my thoughts.

I bet we see sales but nothing major and nothing we haven't seen before. I haven't taken the time to look at physical games in a target or Walmart but my guess is their inventory isn't overflowing right now.

I did just look it up and last year

Gamestop dropped Nov. 9th

BB ad dropped on Oct. 29th

Target dropped Nov. 19th

WM was maybe around Nov. 16th

Those were official release dates though so they could have leaked earlier.

Yup. Agree with this, too. Only looking to pick up some movies and a few PS4 games (sitting out on PS5 until it's readily available), and only if they're at decent discounts and easily available online.

LOL, I think you mean "immaculate" instead of "emasculate." If only the Switch Lite had video output, then I too would be confident in my manliness. Even with a Hatsune MIku turquoise Switch Lite.

Seriously, though I would buy a Switch Lite if retailers threw in a $30 Switch game or gift card with purchase.
Ahh... phone autocorrect and horrible spelling strike again.

I think I may wait to see if there is a deal. I just worry about the Refurbished stock selling out.

Those "unprecedented times" keep popping up. Hopefully we'll be back to normal over the next few years.

Yup. Agree with this, too. Only looking to pick up some movies and a few PS4 games (sitting out on PS5 until it's readily available), and only if they're at decent discounts and easily available online.
I'm mainly after movies & tv shows on disc and maybe some sets of bed sheets if Walmart has them again this year.

Some of the Gamefly used prices are probably pretty close to what the Black Friday deals will be…might be worth a look. They always come with case and I’ve never gotten one that wasn’t in new condition

I'm only shopping online this year. I'm more afraid of the insane behavior of your average normie these days than Covid at this point. Even drivers are crazier than ever. I'm becoming more of a hermit these days just because of how animalistic your average "person" acts now. The truth is I don't even need anything gaming related and should just focus on my backlog so I honestly hope there's less deals so I don't end up wasting money on more games I'll never play anyway.

I'm only shopping online this year. I'm more afraid of the insane behavior of your average normie these days than Covid at this point. Even drivers are crazier than ever. I'm becoming more of a hermit these days just because of how animalistic your average "person" acts now. The truth is I don't even need anything gaming related and should just focus on my backlog so I honestly hope there's less deals so I don't end up wasting money on more games I'll never play anyway.
Cheetolini (Trumptard) was the catalist for making 90% of people animalistic

giphy.gif

BFAds leaked ads for all those stores before they themselves did, one of the reasons why BFAds would get threatened with lawsuits from those companies for leaking stuff early. It would be ad scans from physical papers (so clearly not from their own website) days / weeks before those stores planned to release them.

Unfortunately BFAds is down now but you can find those ad scans and match them up with store official releases if you wanted to see.

Also, the reason those sites are gone for the most part is due to lawsuits and companies buying up those sites to prevent leaks. BFAds got brought up by Rakuten, who works directly with retailers for deals and promos. That isn't a coincidence.

bread's done
Back