Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Glad to see Far Cry 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy at these lower prices in that Walmart ad, before this Target deal is up

Still on the fence, because I can get it now from Target for ~$5 more now, or wait 10 days until BF to save some money... hmm decisions
I would buy it now in case you aren't able to get it at walmart. Return the target purchase if you are able to get it from walmart

From first browse, I'm in on Tony Hawk for the Switch for 20 bucks and probably getting Monster Hunter for 25. Yay!

Now...when will I open the games and play them? That's...another story. lol

If that's the Walmart-exclusive steelbook copy of Hot Wheels Unleashed for $25, I'll be going for that.

Can you put the games in alphabetical order please?

Also, no movies listed in the Walmart BF ad? 😐 I heard there's some already being put on shelves with the colored "Promo" stickers.

What a letdown. I believe Walmart had meh deals as well last year. Back 4 Blood @ $25 is not that bad, I'm interested since Turtle Rock said an offline patch is coming soon. 

Those "unprecedented times" keep popping up. Hopefully we'll be back to normal over the next few years.
Some are conditioning us to accept less freedom and more governmental authority as the "new normal". Whether it's the Pandemic, Climate alarmism, or what have you, fear is used to expand power and control.

Some are conditioning us to accept less freedom and more governmental authority as the "new normal". Whether it's the Pandemic, Climate alarmism, or what have you, fear is used to expand power and control.
Funny that you named two things that are 100% real and 100% something to pay attention to.

The last dark pictures was on sale for $20 last year so I imagine house of ashes will be too. I could see Alan Wake being $20 as well. So this b2g1 puts them at that price.

You’re literally on a website called cheapassgamer. We’re all cheap here.
Yeah, I scored the DA games and AW in the buy 2 get 1 deal. One of the DA games was only 9.99 too. I needed multiples of each, so it was great.

Sadly, my Kart 8 purchase is now cheaper and I also bought P V Z for switch at 19.99 and it will be 14 at Walmart.

Funny that you named two things that are 100% real and 100% something to pay attention to.
So, just because something is "real" the Constitution should be suspended and we should all learn to accept less and change the way we live?

Climate does change, very few deny this. How much is anthropogenic and how much we can mitigate it and by what means are open to discussion. Also, if NONE of the Chicken Little prognosticators foretelling destruction change anything in their own lives? We might safely surmise they DON'T believe what they are telling us.

I could expound on Pandemic shut downs and mandates, but this really isn't the venue.

Good, because nobody here cares.
I doubt and sincerely hope this to be untrue.

If YOU don't care that's one thing, but you should never presume or assume that your opinion is shared by anyone else, let alone everyone else. Here or elsewhere.

I feel like we’re in the stage where random December sales are the way to go. I can see something like COD Vanguard going under $45 in the weeks before Christmas. It’s getting panned pretty hard for somehow getting even Zombies wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Plus I could be wrong but I think warzone is getting a new map soon ? If that’s the case and it’s free no use in dropping 60 on vanguard. (Coming from someone who made the mistake )

Thanks for putting this together.

It should be safe to assume that the prices for most games at Walmart will apply to both PS/Xbox, right?

That Deathloop price is going to be hard to pass on.  I was planning on just waiting until it comes to Gamepass but I may bite on it.  Resident Evil Village at $20 is my price point so I'll probably grab that as well. 

Not gonna lie, I much preferred when we had links to the ads, on top of all the games being listed right on the posted, since they were divided by store. The spreadsheet isn't doing it for me. Excited nonetheless 

Seriously, what happened to Black Friday previews?

I remember a decade ago by mid Oct, we'd have the Black Friday ads for all the companies.. now we don't get it till a week at most before.

Lots of stores don’t do printed ads anymore, which makes me sad. Used to be ads leaked in advance because people who worked at those stores would find physical ads weeks or months in advance and take pictures of them. When I worked in retail as a teenager in the late 90’s I’d see the weekly circulars weeks in advance as we’d get them and l were T people know what would be on sale soon. Super miss buying a MASSIVE newspaper on Black Friday morning with 20+ ads in it.

Stupid internet, ruining everything.

Lots of stores don’t do printed ads anymore, which makes me sad. Used to be ads leaked in advance because people who worked at those stores would find physical ads weeks or months in advance and take pictures of them. When I worked in retail as a teenager in the late 90’s I’d see the weekly circulars weeks in advance as we’d get them and l were T people know what would be on sale soon. Super miss buying a MASSIVE newspaper on Black Friday morning with 20+ ads in it.

Stupid internet, ruining everything.
the black friday ads are still in the paper. not sure if they're printed as far in advance now though

I miss the days of Speedy1961. Newer CAG’s will never know how good things were. Right, CheapyD?

where did you get the black friday priceses for walmart?

when was the ad posted? I cant find the link

So far Black Friday Sales have been total crap.
The lack of physical media sales makes me sad. It does look like digital is taking over for movies, shows, and games. According to (alleged) Target employees at bluray.com, there will also be no 4k/blu sales at Target, either (outside of the current B2G1).

Is the Walmart Black Friday ad out now?  Not the pre-Black Friday ad, but the actual Black Friday ad?

If so, could someone please share a link?

That Deathloop price is going to be hard to pass on. I was planning on just waiting until it comes to Gamepass but I may bite on it. Resident Evil Village at $20 is my price point so I'll probably grab that as well.
I’ll double-dip when it comes to Xbox. I love the game that much. Honestly, Village is really great too. You’re gonna really enjoy both of those.

walmart ad link was posted a couple days ago, just go to the top of the thread and click on link posts only, it will clear all the talk out and make it easier to find it.

People forget that it's always the post-BF, unadvertised deals that are the best. IDK why people are stressing because it will all be shotgun deals by cyber monday, and far better than expected.

bread's done
Back