Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
People forget that it's always the post-BF, unadvertised deals that are the best. IDK why people are stressing because it will all be shotgun deals by cyber monday, and far better than expected.
Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.

How do Switch digital games work with other users: anyone on just the installed device or the "owner" has to be signed in or something else?

How do Switch digital games work with other users: anyone on just the installed device or the "owner" has to be signed in or something else?
Same as other platforms. One license for everyone on your home console, one for yourself on any other device provided you are connected to the internet.

Anyone, but online is restricted to the user(s) that have it either seperately or family plan (this only applies to the primary console for the user that owns the games…otherwise you need internet access for a second switch)

People forget that it's always the post-BF, unadvertised deals that are the best. IDK why people are stressing because it will all be shotgun deals by cyber monday, and far better than expected.
Because that may not necessarily be the case this year.
Rapid fire deep discounts only really occur when stores feel they need to.

Because of all the various supply chain issues this year, stores may not aggressively discount anything they hadn't already been planning to. Why blow out all of the stock that you won't be able to replenish until after the first of the year- leaving you with sad, empty looking shelves when you could give a more mild discount, keep a portion of that supply on shelves and move it at higher prices?

Sure, you'll still have the "SKU specifically made to blow out on Black Friday/Cyber Monday" but I'm not sure if we're going to see the hyper-aggressive sales of years past this year.

This year is an anomaly, and conventional wisdom may not necessarily apply.

Hope is the first step on the road to disappointment.
Well said.

No problem with buying a game now to secure it. Most retailers have extended return periods. Just keep the game sealed. If a better price comes along, either pricematch or return it and buy the cheaper.

Trying to wait on some magical deal period is a recipe for disappointment.

When can you get Zelda for $35 dollars at Walmart. I just got a switch lite but haven't gotten anything for it yet.

I don't see many deals on 1st party switch games which is all I mainly care about. Want to get Mario Odyssey as well.

When can you get Zelda for $35 dollars at Walmart. I just got a switch lite but haven't gotten anything for it yet.

I don't see many deals on 1st party switch games which is all I mainly care about. Want to get Mario Odyssey as well.
right now bestbuy has some deals on First party switch games

Deathloop for $25 brand new. Wheres the dude who got super excited to get it used for like $17 lol? Still an easy never touch for me like most current PS5 exclusives, but still.

Saw people freaking out about the deals not being good this year. Why wouldn't they be? Supply concerns aren't going to make the deals worse this year LOL. Maybe for consoles themselves, but certainly not video games.

That Walmart ad is pretty lacking when Wario64 is saying "most 1st part @ $35" since I'm not seeing any other recent stuff that folks would want at that price.  But we know there likely isn't going to be a meaningful sale beyond the $10 off normal for the recent stuff, like Dread or Superstars.

The Meijer ad has Cyberpunk under "$10 off."  I think they mixed that up with the "only $10" games.

GameStop current B2G1 free on pre-owned already beats Walmart's crappy discounts on Switch first-party. Called it.

244315af55471e70520d2644b5e25e3f.jpg

59c5de87636e88bab2d1563a89426104.jpg

How much is Miles Morales and Ratchet going to be from the Walmart ad? Doesn’t seem to have anything marked just “At Our Low Price”

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Far Cry 6 is holding pretty strong at $40, now that the Target ad is out.  Unless we get a spoiler, I'll assume the other retailers will also have it at this price.

Which is weird, because Guardians of the Galaxy released almost 3 weeks AFTER Far Cry 6, and is $10 less on BF.  And GotG is rated higher than FC6 on Metacritic.  The only reason I can think of why is because FC6 has DLC just about to drop.

I hope Best Buy saves us because Target and Walmart is weak!

Resident Evil is only game that catches my eye. Maybe Deathloop.

I just got my ps5, really want to get my collection of games for bf. Need the 1st party sony games

Some of these prices are funny. Mario Rabbids has been on sale a ton and was recently as low as 9.99 via BB and the BF deal is $14. Deathloop was 22.99 used for pretty much the entirety of today. Modern warfare for 39 bucks still. Like cmon

I hope Best Buy saves us because Target and Walmart is weak!

Resident Evil is only game that catches my eye. Maybe Deathloop.

I just got my ps5, really want to get my collection of games for bf. Need the 1st party sony games
I got Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and Ghost of tsushima Director's cut at GameStop's B2G1 used sale. Did store pickup and all three had original box art. After tax I paid $31.53 for each game. That's a great BF deal IMO.
Target ad shows PS5 version for $29.99.

EDIT: sorry, missed the “ultimate” in your post.
Yeah. I want Ultimate. I'm thinking the lowest it will go is probably $50.

I got Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart, Returnal and Ghost of tsushima Director's cut at GameStop's B2G1 used sale. Did store pickup and all three had original box art. After tax I paid $31.53 for each game. That's a great BF deal IMO.
Yeah. I want Ultimate. I'm thinking the lowest it will go is probably $50.
have you checked facebook / craigslist? Sams is still bundling that game with their bundles so people might be trying to offload it

Possibly in if AC Valhalla is $20 for the digital card too.

Otherwise not seeing much. Tempted by B4B at Walmart just for the card set, then sell the game since I have Gamepass thru 2025

Well I might finally pick up Cyperpunk since it dropped down to $10 to add to the backlog from Target. Only thing I’ve seen for my son is getting MLB The Show hopefully I might catch it slightly cheaper than $20. GameStop or Bestbuy needs to do better.

LOL sports games at $40 for BF is hilarious. Looks like I’ll be waiting until December to grab NBA & NHL for $30.

There is one thing that we tend to forget… there’s so few games out for next gen that they (retailers) have no reason to drop prices. It’s kinda genius if it wasn’t embarrassing that we’re a year into a new generation and this is all that’s out.

Well I might finally pick up Cyperpunk since it dropped down to $10 to add to the backlog from Target. Only thing I’ve seen for my son is getting MLB The Show hopefully I might catch it slightly cheaper than $20. GameStop or Bestbuy needs to do better.
If you’re willing to go digital, I’d be shocked if MLB isn’t $20 before Xmas. Might be even a PS Plus game in December.

If you’re willing to go digital, I’d be shocked if MLB isn’t $20 before Xmas. Might be even a PS Plus game in December.

He wants it on Xbox so I’ll see what I can find.

Well he wants it on Xbox so we shall see.

You could also just get a 3 month Gamepass subscription to hold you over until the next game comes out. I’d imagine MLB 21 would stay on Gamepass permanently.

I know nobody has a time machine but do you think Animal Crossing is going to go any lower than the $50 Amazon has it for right now?

Cyberpunk was just $10 over a week ago at BB w/ steelbook. It has been that price multiple times in fact.

bread's done
Back