Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
The last dark pictures was on sale for $20 last year so I imagine house of ashes will be too. I could see Alan Wake being $20 as well. So this b2g1 puts them at that price.

They're both only $30 and better than almost all recent $60 games. Don't be so cheap.

You’re literally on a website called cheapassgamer. We’re all cheap here.

I have like $440 at Gamestop, but I still try to get the most for my money, lol.

Cheetolini (Trumptard) was the catalist for making 90% of people animalistic
Really? I didn't know BLM and Antifa were Trumpers!

Also, Biden is absolutely NOT any better. He is the divider in chief!

Honestly not sure what people are foaming at the mouth for this year. I'm hard pressed to think of a single game I'll be buying, beside the fact that Game Pass has me covered for everything else. There's just not much releasing until next year now that all but Halo has been pushed back.

Meijer Black Friday Ad is up. You can view it on the mperks app and Meijer.com

It runs all week from the 21st to the 27th.

Games pictured:

$29.99

Guardians of the Galaxy
NHL 22
Fifa 22
Madden 22
Just Dance 2022
Sackboy ps5

$39.99

Far Cry 6
Paper Mario Oragami King
Splatoon 2
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Value games
Games shown:

Far Cry 5 (ps4)
God of War 3 (ps4)
Lego Avengers (ps4)
Sonic Mania (x1)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (x1)
UFC 3 (x1)
Carnival Games (Switch)
Monopoly (Switch)

Anyone scoping TV deals? I need a 45ish smart tv for a gift...preferably name brand but no bells & whistles necessary

God I love reading politics in my Black Friday spreadsheet topics. It's always so insightful and persuading from both sides, and is totally appropriate for the topic.

God I love reading politics in my Black Friday spreadsheet topics. It's always so insightful and persuading from both sides, and is totally appropriate for the topic.
It’s a reminder of why I want to avoid family gatherings the day before Black Friday

Well, it's the first time I've ever mentioned anything political here, but some things shouldn't be ignored or allowed to stand unchallenged.

I tried to temper my response towards civility as well.

Meijer Black Friday Ad is up. You can view it on the mperks app and Meijer.com

It runs all week from the 21st to the 27th.

Games pictured:

$29.99

Guardians of the Galaxy
NHL 22
Fifa 22
Madden 22
Just Dance 2022
Sackboy ps5

$39.99

Far Cry 6
Paper Mario Oragami King
Splatoon 2
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Value games
Games shown:

Far Cry 5 (ps4)
God of War 3 (ps4)
Lego Avengers (ps4)
Sonic Mania (x1)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (x1)
UFC 3 (x1)
Carnival Games (Switch)
Monopoly (Switch)
thanks, added!

Fangamer Black Friday free shipping promotion is live by the way, for those that care.  Runs until 11/30.  They are also giving out gift codes based on the amount of money you spend.  They still have some game CEs in stock, including Spelunky (PS4) which is on sale for $45.

If that Meijer ad is a bellwether for the coming sales, then grab the games you want from GameFly now. 

That's pretty rough.  Then again, I haven't been to a Meijer in well over a decade now, so no idea how well they stock their electronics these days.

If that Meijer ad is a bellwether for the coming sales, then grab the games you want from GameFly now.

That's pretty rough. Then again, I haven't been to a Meijer in well over a decade now, so no idea how well they stock their electronics these days.
meijer's bf video game sales are typically pretty bad

That's pretty rough. Then again, I haven't been to a Meijer in well over a decade now, so no idea how well they stock their electronics these days.
This is what I did for Tales of Arise and Spider-man Miles Morales. Though I think there's a good chance Miles Morales will get a decent sale price somewhere since its been out a while.

Thankfully target will be doing b2g1 on games til the 21st. Id imagine all the black friday info is out by then. If sale suck everywhere can just do the b2g1 sale.

The few stores by me have gutted there game section. Was in this weekend they had maybe 15 different titles per system, essentially just the games in that ad.

This is what I did for Tales of Arise and Spider-man Miles Morales. Though I think there's a good chance Miles Morales will get a decent sale price somewhere since its been out a while.

Thankfully target will be doing b2g1 on games til the 21st. Id imagine all the black friday info is out by then. If sale suck everywhere can just do the b2g1 sale.
I will be looking for Miles Morales Ultimate for PS5. Wondering if it will go as low as $50 in the coming weeks.

meijer's bf video game sales are typically pretty bad
IDK, I can recall PM'ing some of their switch deals to like $30; Octopath Traveler comes to mind when it was fairly new. I think they just have a few more obscure deals that might not generate a lot of attention since they're less well known.

IDK, I can recall PM'ing some of their switch deals to like $30; Octopath Traveler comes to mind when it was fairly new. I think they just have a few more obscure deals that might not generate a lot of attention since they're less well known.
Bf deals or normal in store deals?

So that Walmart ad shows both games I want: Rachet and Clank Rift Apart and Spider-man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition but it only says for our low price so I have no idea how much it will be yet.

So that Walmart ad shows both games I want: Rachet and Clank Rift Apart and Spider-man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition but it only says for our low price so I have no idea how much it will be yet.
Knowing Walmart...probably $59.94. ;)

The dualsense ad is funny. Every company does this though. They will advertise products not on sale in their black friday circular. I guess the thinking is they are letting you know they will have it so maybe you will buy one along with the game or whatever else they have that is on sale for a good price.

Mass Effect in the Walmart ad for $25 is almost at my price point. Hopefully someone else will hit $20 or lower. Guardians of the Galaxy is $35 at Walmart and $30 at Meijer, so it's possible.

Looks like Rider’s Republic in the Walmart ad for $25. I’m def on board at that price

I feel like the most interesting deals for Walmart are the ones not listed in the ad but are on sale for the group of $14, $20, etc. I'd love to see mass effect somewhere at $20. Guardians and $30 would have got be to return my b2g1 from target, but after red card I paid $38, so $3 isn't worth the hassle. I don't have a Meijer where I live so hopefully someone else comes with the $30 price point for that and life is strange.

Walmart can be purchase online right?
Honestly I didn't plan on buying Guardians of the Galaxy but for that price I will.

I can't see myself going out to a store to buy it through.

Just remember that WM+ members will get a 4 hour head start on the deals and the 15-day trial is excluded. So if anyone really wants to jump in early and be done, go with the monthly membership ($12.95 plus tax).

Just remember that WM+ members will get a 4 hour head start on the deals and the 15-day trial is excluded. So if anyone really wants to jump in early and be done, go with the monthly membership ($12.95 plus tax).
I signed up for the 15 day trial today and they offered to extend it to 30 days for taking a 3 question survey. No brainer. Not sure if that’s targeted or for everyone.

I signed up for the 15 day trial today and they offered to extend it to 30 days for taking a 3 question survey. No brainer. Not sure if that’s targeted or for everyone.
That's cool, I may check and see if it's offered. Another poster mentioned that WM+ trial members are excluded from the 4 hour early access.

Walmart might as well not even open early with that circular. The poor people that are probably overworked there now due to staffing shortages don't need to have to work overnight.

COD MW has been $40 before at Walmart (January 2021 in fact), and the digital version has been cheaper as well through MS/Sony. You can also get the "used" version at Gamefly for $29. COD Black Ops Cold War was $10 off every version last BF, so I'm sure that's the big super secret deal this year.

Target has dropped Madden in price twice ($39/49 in October, then $29/39 last week). I'd bet money that it'll be under $30 for all systems by mid-December, along with NBA & NHL, and maybe FIFA. Most of the $14/20 games advertised are yearly repeats like GTA 5

The controllers are a joke too. BB had controllers at $40 last year, even the Series S/X ones.

EDIT: Also advertising a 3 year old phone as a big sale piece... icing on the cake

That's cool, I may check and see if it's offered. Another poster mentioned that WM+ trial members are excluded from the 4 hour early access.
Ah, I see. Makes sense. Though I don’t remember seeing a way to sign up for W+ without going through the trial first. (Might be there, I wasn’t looking for it.)

Edit: Nevermind. It’s right there on my account page: “Start paid membership.”

If you have an Amex Platinum card the W+ membership will be for free if you choose the monthly subscription rate. It is one of the new perk they added to the card. There's also a regular Amex promo to get 50% back on W+ annual subscription.

Glad to see Far Cry 6 and Guardians of the Galaxy at these lower prices in that Walmart ad, before this Target deal is up

Still on the fence, because I can get it now from Target for ~$5 more now, or wait 10 days until BF to save some money... hmm decisions

bread's done
Back