Black Friday VG deals spreadsheet megathread

civita

CAG Newbie
It's that time of year again, friends. 

The 2021 spreadsheet can be found here.

Will update this post as Black Friday ads start coming out. Post if you see any, and let me know if you'd like to be an editor! 

General note: If you see a game you want at a price you like, but it's the wrong platform, search that store's website for the platform you want. Often they'll mark a game down to the same price on all platforms, but only advertise one.

Updates:

Update #6 - 11/19/21: Best Buy added! Big thanks to Blueweltall for all his help adding in everything from BB!

Update #5 - 11/17/21: Individual console pages added (thanks for the Google Sheets tip, Confucius)! Go-live times added!

Update #4 - 11/14/21: Target added!

Update #3 - 11/12/21: Wal-Mart added!

Update #2 - 11/11/21: Currently the only BF ad available is Meijer. Added!

Update #1 - 11/06/21: BTW, the spreadsheet is currently empty. No BF ads have leaked yet. We'll be on the lookout!

Last edited by a moderator:
Meijer Black Friday Ad is up. You can view it on the mperks app and Meijer.com

It runs all week from the 21st to the 27th.

Games pictured:

$29.99

Guardians of the Galaxy
NHL 22
Fifa 22
Madden 22
Just Dance 2022
Sackboy ps5

$39.99

Far Cry 6
Paper Mario Oragami King
Splatoon 2
Legend of Zelda Breath of the Wild
Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Value games
Games shown:

Far Cry 5 (ps4)
God of War 3 (ps4)
Lego Avengers (ps4)
Sonic Mania (x1)
Star Wars Battlefront 2 (x1)
UFC 3 (x1)
Carnival Games (Switch)
Monopoly (Switch)
God I miss Meijer....

I miss everything about Meijer...

It always felt cleaner, better and more organized than Wal-Mart, and Kroger

I just want Mass Effect on PS4/5 for not-full-retail. Eff.

I don’t buy used games, btw.

Edit: looks like GameStop has it new right now for 39.99.

Far Cry 6 is holding pretty strong at $40, now that the Target ad is out. Unless we get a spoiler, I'll assume the other retailers will also have it at this price.

Which is weird, because Guardians of the Galaxy released almost 3 weeks AFTER Far Cry 6, and is $10 less on BF. And GotG is rated higher than FC6 on Metacritic. The only reason I can think of why is because FC6 has DLC just about to drop.
They have a Star Wars villain as the game's villain. He's not cheap.

been a while sense I've been on here lol 

Already snagged Nick all star brawl via that recent 20 dollar sale target did (wound up being 15 thanks to a gift card) & already snagged Back4blood thanks to a giveaway from charleys cheesesteaks. 

Hoping To Cop Tony hawk remaster, or hot wheels unleashed honestly, asked for riders republic as an xmas gift this year. really want ratchet and clank rift apart too but im not shelling out 40 bucks. lol also want BF2042 but waiting until more bugs get fixed before considering a purchase. 

Thanks all. Appreciate all the replies.

it’s 21.99 at GameFly and 99% like new, $25 at target I think for bf
Thanks. Spreadsheet didn’t have it listed, only for Xbox so that’s what I was going by. I should probably assume it applies regardless of platform since that’s usually how these sales go.

Yeah, at Walmart for $25 in a couple of days.
Good to know. Thanks.

No used games. And on CAG.

Does not compute.
I like a deal, but don’t think anyone takes care of games like I do. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Used games were a much bigger risk back when games were on CD and DVD. Blu ray discs don’t scratch nearly as easy. I’m not saying It’s impossible, but they are much more durable. Every Gamefly game I’ve bought has been excellent

yeah, i only buy sealed games as well. I also will probably never open most of them lol
Guilty lol

Used games were a much bigger risk back when games were on CD and DVD. Blu ray discs don’t scratch nearly as easy. I’m not saying It’s impossible, but they are much more durable. Every Gamefly game I’ve bought has been excellent
Yeah, I know Blu-Ray discs are multi-layered. I don't think that's why I don't buy used. I just prefer new, that's all.

I don't buy used games either. Hell, I don't even buy the opened games that Gamestop tries to sell as "Brand New". For me, it's gotta be sealed.
who wants used games and cases that some kid touched with their snotty booger fingers

Guilty lol

Yeah, I know Blu-Ray discs are multi-layered. I don't think that's why I don't buy used. I just prefer new, that's all.
Interesting topic guys. Did you know that while Blu-Rays are less prone to damage, you can actually scratch them but because of the layering, you simply won't see it. It is possible to scratch a Blu-Ray to the point where it skips reading data, but you will never see a scratch.

Nowadays games are just install discs. So as long as it isn't damaged enough to hinder installation, you won't have any problems.

Interesting topic guys. Did you know that while Blu-Rays are less prone to damage, you can actually scratch them but because of the layering, you simply won't see it. It is possible to scratch a Blu-Ray to the point where it skips reading data, but you will never see a scratch.
Very interesting!

who wants used games and cases that some kid touched with their snotty booger fingers
If you buy used from GameFly the cases are pretty much brand new, and include any inserts that would come with a new copy. That’s because they only mail out the games for their service and just store all the cases.

Ubisoft just released their first Far Cry 6 DLC trailer with Vaas, and at the end of it they promoted that the Black Friday sale price for FC6 would be $40.  No specific retailer, so I assume this is commercial-wide. So my earlier prediction was correct.  They were holding this price up for this DLC.

Coordinated marketing to hold the line on that $40 price.  

People probably got burned used to Ubisoft games dropping 50% within a few weeks, Ubisoft probably got wise to people waiting now for the discount, and timed this DLC to prop the price for as long as possible.

Not gonna bite.  (the DLC looks like crap content anyway)

Crazy, I almost exclusively buy used.

Just get donor cases for cheap if it matters. I always wipe down my games when they come in the mail.

Paying extra for cellophane leads to the insanity that is grading games, IMO. Just give me a good, playable game and I'm happy.

The only exception is used games that reek or not in cases. I don't want smoker games or loose discs. I will take a custom made case as long as it's nearly identical as the real thing, even.

New-only CAG just doesn't compute. It's a waste of cash, imo!

Nowadays games are just install discs. So as long as it isn't damaged enough to hinder installation, you won't have any problems.
Sometimes they aren't even that. The game that is installed may be so different than the game that is on disc that the disc is relegated to just be a license check.

Sometimes they aren't even that. The game that is installed may be so different than the game that is on disc that the disc is relegated to just be a license check.
Or even worse.. the game is just an access token.

There are a few games where there is just a small portion on the disc and the rest has to be downloaded (Tony Hawk 5, Rare Replay, etc)

Crazy, I almost exclusively buy used.

Just get donor cases for cheap if it matters. I always wipe down my games when they come in the mail.

Paying extra for cellophane leads to the insanity that is grading games, IMO. Just give me a good, playable game and I'm happy.

The only exception is used games that reek or not in cases. I don't want smoker games or loose discs. I will take a custom made case as long as it's nearly identical as the real thing, even.

New-only CAG just doesn't compute. It's a waste of cash, imo!
I open most of my games, but I just don't get around to playing a lot of them right away. Games are meant to be played, not graded.

Different strokes for different folks. Some people just prefer new things. *shrug*

Wondering if we can put a sort for system so it only shows like Xbox or PS4/5? I ask this because having the list like that would make it so much easier if not I might just take it and throw it into excel at home. This is fantastic though as always and do not want you guys to think I am at all ungreatful for your hard work :)

Wondering if we can put a sort for system so it only shows like Xbox or PS4/5? I ask this because having the list like that would make it so much easier if not I might just take it and throw it into excel at home. This is fantastic though as always and do not want you guys to think I am at all ungreatful for your hard work :)
From my experience, if it's a multiplatform game, it'll usually be on sale for every platform even if it the ad only shows a picture of one of them.

Edit - NVM, I misread what you meant.

You can sort and then filter on the spreadsheet. Just click on column B, the ability to do so is there.

I'm surprised the Best Buy ad hasn't leaked yet. I usually buy most of my black friday games from them.

Hey guys, once the other major ads come out and we have some more finalized info, I'll create unique lists for each console. 

Hey guys, once the other major ads come out and we have some more finalized info, I'll create unique lists for each console.
Create a new tab and then do this:

=query('All Games'!A:I,"select A,B,C,D,E,F,G,H,I where B='Switch'")

So Best Buy, Target, and Amazon are offering a $50 gift card with the purchase of an Oculus Quest 2 for Black Friday so I hope GameStop offers a similar deal cause I have tons of credit there. That’s the only thing I’m really looking forward to purchasing this BF.

Is the Target, B2G1 free best deal for COD Vanguard and Guardians of the Galaxy plus a third game the best deal on those?
Looking at maybe Far Cry 6 and try and return in a couple weeks for Metroid.

Is the Target, B2G1 free best deal for COD Vanguard and Guardians of the Galaxy plus a third game the best deal on those?
Looking at maybe Far Cry 6 and try and return in a couple weeks for Metroid.
buy 3 COD, cancel 2. get GOTG for $30 on black friday. any return will not work unless the buy 2 get 1 free is still working because you wont get $60 back, only a prorated amount appx $40

bread's done
Back