Black Friday Videogame 2022 List and General Discussion

ThatOneGuyWho

CAGiversary!
Feedback
1 (100%)
Welcome to another Black Friday year! Here are all the current BF videogame deals. Deals will not be active until either Black Friday or Black Friday week. Join the discord for more up to date deal finds.

*Will update when ads are released.

--Current Ads--

Target

Amazon (early BF deals)

Best Buy (early BF deals)

Gamestop

NewEgg

Meijer

--Consoles--

:switch: Nintendo Switch Red & Blue Mario Kart 8 Bundle ($300 Meijer, Gamestop)

:switch: Nintendo Switch OLED Gray or Neon ($350 Meijer)

:xb1: Xbox Series S ($250 NewEgg, Gamestop)

:xb1: Xbox Series S Holiday Bundle 2022 Console ($250 Meijer) - Reference

--Games--

:xb1:  :ps4: A Plague Tale: Requiem (PS5, XSX $39 Gamestop)

:switch: Animal Crossing ($35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4: Battlefield 2042 (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy, PS5, XSX $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Crash Team Racing - Nitro Fueled (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Demon Slayer: The Hinokami Chronicles (PS4, XB1 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Destroy All Humans 2 (PS5, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:switch: Digimon Survive (Switch $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: DOOM Eternal (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Dungeons & Dragons Dark Alliance (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Dying Light 2 (PS4, XB1 $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Elden Ring (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: Family Feud (PS4, XB1, NSW $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4:  :switch: FIFA 23 (Switch $17 Gamestop, PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:switch: Fire Emblem Three Hopes (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:ps4: Gran Turismo 7 ($29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Grand Theft Auto V Premium (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Godfall (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Grid Legends (PS4, XSX $17 Gamestop)

:xb1: Halo Infinite (Xbox $20 Best Buy)

:switch: Hello Neighbor (NSW $10 Best Buy)

:ps4: Horizon Forbidden West (PS4 $30 Meijer, PS5 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Iron Harvest Complete Edition (PS5, XSX $10 Best Buy)

:switch: Just Dance 2023 ($35 Gamestop)

:switch: KeyWe (NSW $10 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO CITY Undercover (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO Jurassic World (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: LEGO Harry Potter Collection (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:switch: LEGO Marvel Super Heroes (NSW $17 Gamestop)

:switch: LEGO Star Wars The Skywalker Saga (NSW $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:   :switch: LEGO The Incredibles (PS4, XB1, NSW $20 Best Buy)

:xb1:   :ps4: Lost Judgment (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1: :ps4: Madden 23 (XB1, PS4 $30 Meijer | PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:xb1:  :ps4: Maneater (PS4, XB1 $10 Best Buy)

:switch: Mario Party Superstars (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:switch: Mario & Sonic at the Olympic Games Tokyo 2020 (Switch $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: MONOPOLY PLUS + MONOPOLY Madness (PS4, XB1, NSW $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: NBA (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: New Tales from the Borderlands (PS4, XSX $39 Gamestop)

:xb1: :ps4: NHL 23 (XB1, PS4 $29 Gamestop, $30 Meijer | PS5, XSX $40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4: Persona 5 Royal (PS4, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: Puyo Puyo Tetris 2 (PS4, XB1, NSW $10 - $20 Best Buy)

:ps4: Ratchet & Clank Rift Apart (PS5 $29 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: Saint's Row (PS5, XSX $35 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Sonic Colors Ultimate (PS4, XB1 $15 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Soul Hackers 2 (PS5, XSX $29 Gamestop)

:ps4: Spider Man Miles Morales Ultimate Edition (PS5 $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Spyro Trilogy (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:switch: Super Mario Party ($40 Meijer)

:xb1:   :ps4:  :switch: Super Monkey Ball Banana Mania (PS4, XB1, NSW $15 Best Buy)

:switch: The Legend of Zelda: Breath of the Wild (Switch $35 Gamestop, $40 Meijer)

:switch: The Legend of Zelda: Link's Awakening (Switch $39 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: The Witcher 3 Complete Edition (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:  :ps4: The Quarry (XSX, PS4 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Tom Clancy’s Rainbow Six Extraction (PS4, XS1 $12 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2 ($29 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Watch Dogs: Legion (PS4, XB1 $12 Best Buy)

:xb1:  :ps4: WWE 2K22 (PS4, XB1 $17 Gamestop)

:xb1:   :ps4: Yakuza: Like a Dragon (PS4, XB1 $20 Best Buy)

--Other Gaming Deals--

Buy 2, Get 1 Free at Gamestop

• All Pre-owned XB1 and PS4 games

Buy 1 Get 1 Free on Select Games at Meijer including;

• :xb1: Battlefield 1
  • :ps4: Far Cry 4
  • :ps4: Resident Evil 7 Biohazzard
  • :ps4: Star Wars Battlefront 2
  • :ps4: UFC 3
  • :xb1: Watch Dogs

Save $10 w/ coupon printed at checkout (in store only) at Meijer including;

• :ps4: Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2
  • :ps4: God of War Ragnorok
  • :switch: Mario Strikers: Battle League
  • :switch: Nintendo Switch Sports
  • :switch: Pokemon Scarlet
  • :switch: Pokemon Violet
  • :switch: Splatoon 3
  • :switch: Super Smash Bros Ultimate

--Accessories--

:ps4: PlayStation 5 DualSense Controllers ($50 Meijer)

:xb1: Xbox Series Controllers ($50 - $55 Meijer, Save $10 Gamestop)

Last edited by a moderator:
22te8q.gif

Gamestop is shit.  They are there to be abused and taken advantage of, which I have no problems doing multiple times per year.  I'm not talking about stealing but I mean "gaming the system".    Only buy during clearance, closeout, price mistakes, selling busted hardware, and taking advantage during multiplicative trade bumps.  Their sales of new games, the lack of updating their computers and services, the way they treat their employees and customers, and fact that my credit card has been compromised TWICE in ten years with at least a 50% chance each time it was their b&m store makes them deserve all the frugality and abusing the system that comes their way. 

You can still be nice to the employees.  But I am not there to serve the company, their gutted games, and their pre-order quotas.  Gamestop is there to serve ME.  Until the day they go out of business relatively soon.  Because they put ALL the other mom&pop retro games stores out of business with their disgusting expansion and greed. 

There were way cooler stores to shop at 10 and 20 years ago.  Gamestop ran them all straight into the ground with their predatory 'used' AND 'new' practices.  While overreaching and buying up every location.

I don't usualy act this spoiled when it comes to any other retailer, but fuck GS.  I'll dance on their graves. 

Gamestop is shit. They are there to be abused and taken advantage of, which I have no problems doing multiple times per year. I'm not talking about stealing but I mean "gaming the system". Only buy during clearance, closeout, price mistakes, selling busted hardware, and taking advantage during multiplicative trade bumps. Their sales of new games, the lack of updating their computers and services, the way they treat their employees and customers, and fact that my credit card has been compromised TWICE in ten years with at least a 50% chance each time it was their b&m store makes them deserve all the frugality and abusing the system that comes their way.

You can still be nice to the employees. But I am not there to serve the company, their gutted games, and their pre-order quotas. Gamestop is there to serve ME. Until the day they go out of business relatively soon. Because they put ALL the other mom&pop retro games stores out of business with their disgusting expansion and greed.

There were way cooler stores to shop at 10 and 20 years ago. Gamestop ran them all straight into the ground with their predatory 'used' AND 'new' practices. While overreaching and buying up every location.

I don't usualy act this spoiled when it comes to any other retailer, but fuck GS. I'll dance on their graves.
The sub-Reddit for the Gamestop stores is a thing. And a daily reminder of how much the company has fallen. The TL;DR summary is that it is all down to money. Gamestop doesn't have enough of it coming in, and it sure ain't going to those working the stores.

That's a surprisingly beta take from a top g.
my philosophy is this. You are owed nothing in this life. Don’t like GameStop? Shop somewhere else. Gutted games has been going for 20+ years since the EBgames days. Quit crying and do some push ups

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

my philosophy is this. You are owed nothing in this life. Don’t like GameStop? Shop somewhere else. Gutted games has been going for 20+ years since the EBgames days. Quit crying and do some push ups

nobody here asked for pseudo-intellectual philosophical takes from an andrew tate fanboy, nor does anyone believe you were alive 20+ years ago. if youre paying the full price for a new unopened product then you are literally owed a new unopened product. gutted games are used and trying to pass them off as new at full price is completely unacceptable, especially during the holiday season when plenty of them are intended as gifts for other people. "shop somewhere else" is also often not even an option for many products since almost every other "somewhere else" game store was run out of business by gamestop and amazon.

Anyone else not have their Walmart.com orders ship? They had an estimated delivery date of 11/25. Last night I got a text that they won’t be arriving on time and now the orders just have a status of delayed.  

Anyone else not have their Walmart.com orders ship? They had an estimated delivery date of 11/25. Last night I got a text that they won’t be arriving on time and now the orders just have a status of delayed.
maybe they couldn't find an uber driver to deliver

I know I'd seen someone here post about it but was anyone able to get Judgment on XSX for 9.99 from Amazon? People said you'd likely be a bit lost in Lost Judgment without having played the first.

I know I'd seen someone here post about it but was anyone able to get Judgment on XSX for 9.99 from Amazon? People said you'd likely be a bit lost in Lost Judgment without having played the first.
Check Gamestop if you haven't already. They had it on clearance for $10 in-store.

Got my GameStop.com order. The Fall VR, Ghostbusters: Spirits Unleashed, KeyWe, and Chorus all arrived "GameStop New." All gutted, covered in stickers, and smelling like an ashtray. All will be getting returned tomorrow. What a joke.
Thanks for all your guy's feedback on how garbage GameStop is. I knew it was, but just haven't shopped there in a while to remember. Return was a success. They tried telling me I just so happened to get the last copy in the warehouse for each of these titles, even though all have been available "New" online since my purchase. Went in straight to the counter to return all these games and they really tried selling me their $15 rewards program while I was there. LOL.

Any strong opinions on Fire Emblem Three Hopes? Grabbed it for $29.99 on Amazon. Had picked up Harvestella during a B2G1 sale last month, but played the demo before opening and it was so blurry. Going to return and rebuy on PC someday. Three Hopes seemed like it has better production values and voice acting at least …

Any strong opinions on Fire Emblem Three Hopes? Grabbed it for $29.99 on Amazon. Had picked up Harvestella during a B2G1 sale last month, but played the demo before opening and it was so blurry. Going to return and rebuy on PC someday. Three Hopes seemed like it has better production values and voice acting at least …
no idea but i bought it cause it had fire emblem in the title.

maybe they couldn't find an uber driver to deliver
Target seems to be the only ones who haven't gotten on that train. Walmart has nothing that ships anymore. My last Walmart order was left on the 1st step in just a Walmart bag, no receipt. Gamestop forces you to do the $9.99 store delivery. Best Buy at least has the stock & their pickup is fast, but they use Roadie for most deliveries, who might be worse than Uber drivers.

Target seems to be the only ones who haven't gotten on that train. Walmart has nothing that ships anymore. My last Walmart order was left on the 1st step in just a Walmart bag, no receipt. Gamestop forces you to do the $9.99 store delivery. Best Buy at least has the stock & their pickup is fast, but they use Roadie for most deliveries, who might be worse than Uber drivers.
Target definitely been using smaller delivery service fulfilled from local stores. They goes by TLMD in the email with tracking info. No idea who actually contracted with Target though.

Sent from my SM-N970U1 using Tapatalk

Interesting, my local Walmart has it's own delivery drivers. they even had a sign in store hiring for delivery drivers and order pickup workers.

I would expect it to be just like all the other DW clones that they’ve released for the switch already: namely Hyrule Warriors, Zelda botw prequel, and FE Warriors.

Three hopes is fun, one of the better warrior games, the early chapters fixed alot of plotholes of original three houses' story. But later chapters introduced much more issues, all 3 routes ends pretty "meh" as well.

If five dollars is worth the hassle of a return, Best Buy still has Far Cry 6 for $9.99, all consoles.
It isn't. There isn't a Best Buy store near me, and my card was compromised the last time that I used their website which was a pain to fix.

But good looking out.

Those looking for a deal on new consoles might be able to score a decent discount this week. Dollar General has a 15% discount on GameStop gift cards (the programmable ones are shown in the ad—$25-$500). Provided you can find stock of your preferred console at GameStop, that could amount to $45-75 of savings. PlayStation and Xbox cards are also included in the DG sale as well (note the denominations shown in the ad, as normally the sale/discount only applies for what’s shown).

Ad Link here: http://www2.dollargeneral.com/Savings/Circulars/Pages/index.aspx.

Pic for reference:

[attachment=37538:3C189190-ACE9-4FA4-9F46-2AB34296E350.jpeg]

Those looking for a deal on new consoles might be able to score a decent discount this week. Dollar General has a 15% discount on GameStop gift cards (the programmable ones are shown in the ad—$25-$500). Provided you can find stock of your preferred console at GameStop, that could amount to $45-75 of savings. PlayStation and Xbox cards are also included in the DG sale as well (note the denominations shown in the ad, as normally the sale/discount only applies for what’s shown).

Pic for reference:

3C189190-ACE9-4FA4-9F46-2AB34296E350.jpeg
I think that's a PlayStation Plus card in the ad, not a PlayStation Network card. But otherwise, good find!

I think that's a PlayStation Plus card in the ad, not a PlayStation Network card. But otherwise, good find!
I believe it’s a general PSN card, but I could be wrong. The reason why I say that is because if you look at the icons towards the bottom of the card, it shows not only the PS+ icon but also the PS Store icon too. If somebody hits the DG at some point later, hopefully they can give us the skinny. I loaded up on the PSN credit when it was 20% off last week. Not sure if GameStop allows returns/rebuys—if I knew they did and some of the prices on things I’ve purchased in the past month were/are the same, that might be worth the time to hit a DG for some additional savings. I suspect the associates at the local GameStop would hate my guts if I tried to do that.

Not sure if GameStop allows returns/rebuys—if I knew they did and some of the prices on things I’ve purchased in the past month were/are the same.
Returns don’t hurt the associates anymore. Just tell them you want to change your method of payment since you received a gift card. Provided you have the receipt, should work just fine as a return/rebuy.

My pre-BF haul post: https://www.cheapassgamer.com/topic/374398-black-friday-videogame-2022-list-target-ad-posted/?p=14505737

Adding to that pre-BF haul:

Gamers Anonymous (local shop) - Nintendo Switch (used)

Notes:

$10 off

Came with a 256GB Samsung Micro SD still inserted

May be a modifiable model

Best Buy

Titan 8-outlet Surge Protector

Xbox Series Controller - Pulse Red

Some BF pickups - Best Buy:

Ghost of Tsushima DC - PS5 (PS4 to PS5 upgrade didn't work for me)

NBA 2K23 - XSX

LEGO Star Wars: The Skywalker Saga - Xbox

Spider-Man: Miles Morales Ultimate Launch Edition - PS5

Horizon Forbidden West - PS4

Gran Turismo 7 - PS4

That's it for me.

Edit: A couple of last minute pickups at Best Buy

Madden NFL 23 - XSX

Last of Us Part II - PS4

Now I'm definitely done.

Returns don’t hurt the associates anymore. Just tell them you want to change your method of payment since you received a gift card. Provided you have the receipt, should work just fine as a return/rebuy.
Don’t think it’s gonna work out for me. I hit them hard earlier in the month with the clearance + 50% off promotion. Just grabbed my receipts to check prices, and it looks like the previous clearance promotion has now been adjusted downward to clearance + 25% off. Also not sure when GameStop’s holiday return window kicks into effect (if at all). At one time, their regular policy gave you thirty days to return new merchandise, but looking at the receipts, it looks like they changed to fifteen days (don’t shop at GameStop as often, so not sure when this policy shift occurred). That knocks out a few of my purchases too, if there’s no special holiday purchase window that started in November.

Good to know returns/rebuys don’t hurt the associates though—thanks for letting me know, and I’ll keep that in mind going forward. However, I have a feeling some of the associates at my local store would definitely give me issues about it. Some don’t want to do any more than they have to. In the past month I had one worker in my local store basically refuse to price check some of the clearance games for me when I asked—he would tell me the correct price is on the sticker, when I knew that the online prices were cheaper than what was listed/stickered. Given that GameStop has the caveat where they can choose to refuse a return even if a person has the receipt, I wouldn’t put it past some in my local store to do that in a case like the situation above.

Don’t think it’s gonna work out for me. I hit them hard earlier in the month with the clearance + 50% off promotion.
Well I thought clearance sales were final. You are correct in that their return window policy has reduced. Too bad you’ve got unhelpful workers. No worries, keep on caggin’!

Gamestop is shit. They are there to be abused and taken advantage of, which I have no problems doing multiple times per year. I'm not talking about stealing but I mean "gaming the system". Only buy during clearance, closeout, price mistakes, selling busted hardware, and taking advantage during multiplicative trade bumps. Their sales of new games, the lack of updating their computers and services, the way they treat their employees and customers, and fact that my credit card has been compromised TWICE in ten years with at least a 50% chance each time it was their b&m store makes them deserve all the frugality and abusing the system that comes their way.

You can still be nice to the employees. But I am not there to serve the company, their gutted games, and their pre-order quotas. Gamestop is there to serve ME. Until the day they go out of business relatively soon. Because they put ALL the other mom&pop retro games stores out of business with their disgusting expansion and greed.

There were way cooler stores to shop at 10 and 20 years ago. Gamestop ran them all straight into the ground with their predatory 'used' AND 'new' practices. While overreaching and buying up every location.

I don't usualy act this spoiled when it comes to any other retailer, but fuck GS. I'll dance on their graves.
keep exploiting the system and karma will get to you, your car break , parts of your house will start to fall apart you will never ever be a happy person .

Went in straight to the counter to return all these games and they really tried selling me their $15 rewards program while I was there. LOL.
I'm totally with you on the rest of your experience, but that $15 rewards program is one of the best deals in gaming right now. You would have gotten 10,000 points for signing up ($10 credit usable on anything), plus a $5 credit each month for a year that you can double dip if you actually go to the store once a month, or just use online once a month if you never want to go in the store again.

Basically, most of us here are at minimum getting $130 in PSN/XBL/eShop/Steam credit for $75 each year with that rewards program - and that's the bare minimum without going into a store to double dip, which would make it even more lucrative.

I'm totally with you on the rest of your experience, but that $15 rewards program is one of the best deals in gaming right now. You would have gotten 10,000 points for signing up ($10 credit usable on anything), plus a $5 credit each month for a year that you can double dip if you actually go to the store once a month, or just use online once a month if you never want to go in the store again.

Basically, most of us here are at minimum getting $130 in PSN/XBL/eShop/Steam credit for $75 each year with that rewards program - and that's the bare minimum without going into a store to double dip, which would make it even more lucrative.
Is it literally just a $5 reward every month that you can use on whatever? Seems like free money if you need, say, Xbox or eShop or Steam credit.

Pic for reference:

attachicon.gif
3C189190-ACE9-4FA4-9F46-2AB34296E350.jpeg
Well, this is a pickle and a half. If you can do the programmable GameStop gift card at 15% off, I'm seriously tempted to upgrade my console. I have an XB1X that I could trade in for $110. Put that with 15% off the GC, and that's $75 off a Series X. I've also got $70 in GS gift cards and a few games I could trade in that I never play (if I can find them).

For the first time in IDK how many years, I might actually go look for a dollar store.

Is it literally just a $5 reward every month that you can use on whatever? Seems like free money if you need, say, Xbox or eShop or Steam credit.
I think there are a few exclusions, but I think most of us use it for digital credit. I get $15 of Nintendo eShop credit for $5 each month (have $10 in cart with the coupon applied, go to store and get $5 free in store with coupon, then check out in app for $5).

there are some exclusions. Like you can't use it on an item that's on sale or something and can't use it on anything below 5$ iirc.

I think there are a few exclusions, but I think most of us use it for digital credit. I get $15 of Nintendo eShop credit for $5 each month (have $10 in cart with the coupon applied, go to store and get $5 free in store with coupon, then check out in app for $5).
Wait, they'll give you a physical $5 AND add one to your online profile?

Wait, they'll give you a physical $5 AND add one to your online profile?
Just search the forum for double dipping to get more info. But you have to do it in exactly that order; if you don't have an item in cart with the coupon applied, the coupon will disappear after using it in store.

Just search the forum for double dipping to get more info. But you have to do it in exactly that order; if you don't have an item in cart with the coupon applied, the coupon will disappear after using it in store.
I never have an item in the cart. I always just screen shot the coupon the 1st of the month and then just enter the code into the promo code box after I've used the $5 in store, works every month.

keep exploiting the system and karma will get to you, your car break , parts of your house will start to fall apart you will never ever be a happy person .

By this logic, GS should already be long out of business … or is karma only for people and not for companies 😉

I think I am done with purchases for Black Friday. Got a few games during the early deals and a couple yesterday. Pretty lackluster sales but that is probably good for me.

Ended up buying

1. Little Nightmares 2 (Xbox store)

2. Judgment and Lost Judgment (Xbox Gamestop)

3. Red Dead Redemption 2 (Xbox Gamestop) 

4. Sifu Vengeance Edition (PS5 Gamestop)

5. Spider-Man Miles Morales (PS5 Gamestop)

6. Kena Bridge of Spirits (PS5 Amazon)

I also bought God of War Ragnarok on launch day and am playing through it right now. Also have my eye on Last of Us part 1 but will probably only buy it next year when price drops to 20s.

I never have an item in the cart. I always just screen shot the coupon the 1st of the month and then just enter the code into the promo code box after I've used the $5 in store, works every month.
My double dip didn’t work this month, we the pound and dash supposed to be typed? Can’t remember.

Does the Rakuten $40 Cashback only work on the pre-tax amount? my total was 39.99 before tax and I haven’t gotten the credit pending to my account.
It’s only on pretax, tax doesn’t count. You can check the amount you’ve spent on cash balance as well.

bread's done
Back