Black Ops CAG Clan - Wednesday/Friday @7PST/10EST

[quote name='Mr. 420']Please don't mention your kd in a game with aim assist on every gun.
thanks[/QUOTE]

K/D still matters even if aim assist is on every gun. If it isn't, then why doesn't everyone have a 4.0 K/D ratio.

[quote name='Mr. 420']Please don't mention your kd in a game with aim assist on every gun.
thanks[/QUOTE]

STFU. Seriously.....no one cares what you have to say. You're a bitter person who somehow thinks their opinion is the only one that matters. Yours stinks just like everyone's, so get over yourself.

Speaking of being all talk, how come your mouth doesn't come lap everyone in GT5?

thanks[/QUOTE]

Mah KD better than yo KD.

Ah shiz, hide yo wife, hide yo kids!

Now kindly GTFO since no one cares for your drivel.

Merry X-mas but not for people playing this game competetively lol. Sorry, but i don't push a trigger button to aim my guns. I'm sure its a great game, but aim assist pretty much ruins it. They never had aim assist in Goldeneye or Uncharted, why would other games need it? Let alone put it in a first person shooter. I remember when i got mw2 and i was at the training stage shooting targets and bottles, i was so pissed they had aim assist in the game. Then i really got upset when i saw even hardcore modes had that bullshit in it. I tried playing without it only to see that people could quick scope snipe me and spam satelite bombs and kill me 3 times in a row before i could take 2 steps. Personally i wouldn't even have fun in coop in this game if the people i was playing with were using aim assist. I guess most people just need all the help they can get. So yeah don't talk about kd in a bullshit game.

Oh yeah someone is hiding in the bushes and i don't see them, just let me press these 2 triggers buttons and lock on and shoot. No analog stick or directional pad needed.
I'd like to play turismo with some cags, but the last time i played competetively with cags in a game i kicked there asses so bad they wanted me banned from cag. Plus the cars i am hearing that people want to use in that thread don't really interest me at all. Been playing hardcore rdr gang matches lately anyway, ranked #2 in one of the gang match modes, 9 in another, and 20 in tdm. If you really want to race pm me and maybe would could agree on some cars and tracks that don't suck.

Last edited by a moderator:
there =/= their

Why the hell are you in here, anyway? You don't play this game. You don't play with cags. Frankly, you generally sound like an awful player anyway so why waste our time?

You do understand most modern FPS for the consoles have some sort of auto aim or aim assist (yeah notice how you listed a 13 year old game and a third person shooter). So get off your high horse and quit trolling. But then again nothing apparently changes your mind so whatever. Continue complaining and considered yourself ignored

But on a more friendlier note Happy Holidays everyone!!

played bad company multiplayer lat night for the first time... not bad i guess the guys seem so slow and the vehicles so fast and either there is no one anywhere it seems or really easy to shoot... probably have to give it another try sometime or maybe i have just been playing cod bo to much...

Anyone up for some zombies? I'm decent at Kino der Toten, but I'm not very good at Five yet! I'm always willing to try either though!

Honestly, unless you see someone play about 10-15 matches straight, theres really no measuring stick to gauge someone's CoD ability.

Obviously the different game modes will affect your KD positively or negatively. Either way, I'm no slouch and would like to find some decent peeps with a mic.

[quote name='kurrptsenate']Honestly, unless you see someone play about 10-15 matches straight, theres really no measuring stick to gauge someone's CoD ability.

Obviously the different game modes will affect your KD positively or negatively. Either way, I'm no slouch and would like to find some decent peeps with a mic.[/QUOTE]

post info and I'll invite the next time I'm on.

CAG ID = PSN ID
Experience: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced
Availablity: Sun/Mon/Tue/Wed/Thu/Fri/Sat (nights)
Timezone: PST/MST/CST/EST
Mic: Yes/No
Additional Info:

[quote name='jax2001']post info and I'll invite the next time I'm on.

CAG ID = PSN ID
Experience: Beginner/Intermediate/Advanced
Timezone: PST/MST/CST/EST
Mic: Yes/No
Additional Info:[/QUOTE]

Awesome, thanks

CAG ID = PSN ID (KurrptSenate)
Experience : Advanced
Available : Usually after 7:30 EST during weekdays until about midnight or so.
Timezone : EST
Mic : Most definitely. Have 2 in case 1 dies
Additional Info : I prefer to work as a "team" if at all possible

I just got this for Christmas, finished the campaign last night.

CAG ID/PSN ID = Josh5890
Experience : Intermediate
Available : Evenings mostly. After 8:30 CST.
Timezone : CST
Mic : Yes. But I only use it in parties, like this.
Additional Info : I like working as a team.

Joined the cult of BO, but can't help thinking the FAMAS + Extended Mags + RDS is the best weapon in the first 20 levels so far. Tried the M16, AK47u etc. but they just don't seem to be as accurate. FAMAS isn't that strong technically, but I got over 3-1 K/D ratio using it.

nfs3freak = d367ruc70
experience = advanced
Availability = pretty much every night
Timezone = mst
Mic: Yes
Additional Info = I jump on to multiple games, so if someone shoots me an invite, usually i'll jump into that game with them

Sorry I am asking to be added so late. I've been playing with a few CAGers but not for a game night. I thought I'd jump in since I've been playing this most nights. Feel free to add my PSN

"Well yeah but i, uh, i totally did your mom when, uh, when i was, uh, 1 so suck it."

word for word how i heard it earlier today at this game store i found in sydney. a 13 yr old was arguing with a 25 yr old . bet these 2 play ops

btw hi mad and kaiser and monkey. greetings from down under

[quote name='teknobeavr']"Well yeah but i, uh, i totally did your mom when, uh, when i was, uh, 1 so suck it."

word for word how i heard it earlier today at this game store i found in sydney. a 13 yr old was arguing with a 25 yr old . bet these 2 play ops

btw hi mad and kaiser and monkey. greetings from down under[/QUOTE]
Hey buddy, glad to see you got yourself settled in. You just need to get yourself a video camera and take us with you. Happy New Year btw, I'm really just glad overall you got to Australia safely. Bang a Shelia and dedicate it to me, lol.

send us back some of these:

4448140119_a95d4c494c.jpg

To the games' defense, that's lag, not poor hit detection. As for the game itself, I'm really losing interest in it. The constant host migration, lag, disconnections is pathetic this late into the release. I may just trade this in at GameStop (keep the case obviously) and move back to MW2.

I was just about the post the same thing SynGamer. That is likely lag, where the redicule and person being shot look like they are in different areas then they actually are. In any case, I don't seem to have as huge a problem with lag/disconnections/host migration as much as other people do? Host migration happens the most, but I very very very rarely get simply disconnected or lagged up.

of course its lag but this causes 1 of 3 scenarios (like in the thread link said):

Scenario 1, Balanced Lag Compensation
In a properly working game where lag compensation is minimal or non existent, the player model and hitbox are in nearly identical positions. The Aim Assist sticks to the player model because that is where the hitbox is. You fire at the model and you are rewarded with hitmarkers and a kill and Aim Assist helps you along the way.

Scenario 2, Advantageous Lag Compensation
These are your "unstoppable" games. Your opponents seem terrible, oblivious, and slow to react. From a mechanical perspective, your opponents hitboxes are actually behind their player models. They come around a corner, you see their player model and begin firing, and their hitbox (which is where they actually are on their screen) essentially walks straight through your stream of bullets a quarter or a half second later. Since your cross hairs were on their player model, and their hitbox essentially walks through your crosshairs a short time after, the aim assist sticks to it and this often leads to your aim being pulled along slightly behind the model rewarding hit markers on thin air.

Scenario 3, Disadvantageous Lag Compensation
These are your games where you couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. Everyone is better than you. You get owned despite having the apparent "drop" on any given enemy. From a mechanical perspective, your opponents hitboxes are actually in front of their player models. They come around a corner and you begin firing, but their hitbox (where they actually are on their screen) has already passed and you are firing at their player model. Since the hitbox is already passed your crosshairs which are on the player model (assuming they were strafing across the front of you), you receive no help from the Aim Assist because in order for it to function, it must have come into contact with the hitbox at some point. Aim assist sticking to something that isn't there is highly counter intuitive! It pulls your aim away from what your supposed to be aiming at (the model), causing you to not only think you have to readjust your aim, but typically makes your overcompensate in the opposite direction because it takes additional stick pressure to overcome the nudge.

True, all three of those cases have happened to everyone I'm sure. It appears the situations in the videos is scenario 2, in favor of the shooter. :)

[quote name='SynGamer']To the games' defense, that's lag, not poor hit detection. As for the game itself, I'm really losing interest in it. The constant host migration, lag, disconnections is pathetic this late into the release. I may just trade this in at GameStop (keep the case obviously) and move back to MW2.[/QUOTE]

I'm putting this down until the next patch or maybe until the next map pack. Other games to play.

It's the poor hit detection. The way the netcode works in CoD games is on who does what first. If the host sees you around the corner, he will see you first and if both players react the same, the host will win. It has nothing to do with the hit detection. Play with the snipers and you'll realize the shoddy hit detection the game has.

That's the main reason why people complain about how they say they were behind a corner already and were kill through it. The person shooting at you already saw you out in the open sooner than you react to duck behind cover.

If it was solely lag and no hit detection problems, then if I were to make the shot with the sniper rifle everytime, I would hit regardless of lag (considering the person can compensate for people doing the robot). But too many times I hit the person with the sniper (with more than enough time ADS and holding breath) only to not get a single hit marker.

Hey there Toxic, hope all is well in convict island. If you ever get back online you know our tags. Where is your blog updates, with pictures of the many hot women that just love American Blokes.

So I logged in for the first time in like a week... only to notice that I've been banned from using my playercard and it has been reset to default rank. 12 days left, no idea if it resets my purchased stuff or not.

Way not cool.

Just my COD access to playercards, but it is disconnecting me a lot because of it.

Yes, there is no way that was "sexually gratuitous" ... but whatever. What's sad is that I hadn't been on since Wednesday and only played private matches that day. It's weird, because I saw a few tonight already that were way explicit

aw monkey, no more animals gone wild. not playing online with you guys has left me with withdrawals... no more online laughing, trash talking, your momma jokes, shaking baby jokes, etc. Mad and I played MW2 last week for a couple matches and playing without any map packs was good fun killing newbs and veterans too. Still dont know what the hacks are about since I have not paid much attention to the killcam lately. I am checking this and the MW2 thread if we ever organize a sporadic game night.

[quote name='option.iv']If it was solely lag and no hit detection problems, then if I were to make the shot with the sniper rifle everytime, I would hit regardless of lag (considering the person can compensate for people doing the robot). But too many times I hit the person with the sniper (with more than enough time ADS and holding breath) only to not get a single hit marker.[/QUOTE]

this is a flawed argument considering there isn't a single snipe in the game with full accuracy. It's not as if you can bench rest the gun and fire a shot allowing to shoot 2 bullets at the exact spot. This means that there will be slight variations in the bullet flight path.

I'll start playing black ops again when the class that allows me to be a real life zombie (I get to poke human brains muhaha) is over in 6 weeks...... and when the game gets patched which might be even longer.....

It looks like Black Ops has no hope in sight.

Still looking forward to Resistance 3, Uncharted 3, & Crysis 2.

As for now, WoW is still consuming most of my life.... If you guys get any MW2 game nights going, I will try my best to hop on.

[quote name='LordKefka06']It looks like Black Ops has no hope in sight.

As for now, WoW is still consuming most of my life.... If you guys get any MW2 game nights going, I will try my best to hop on.[/QUOTE]
Holy shit, he lives. How's my favorite minority in San Diego?

[quote name='LordKefka06']It looks like Black Ops has no hope in sight.

As for now, WoW is still consuming most of my life.... If you guys get any MW2 game nights going, I will try my best to hop on.[/QUOTE]

I'm still waiting for MoH...

[quote name='Mad39er']Holy shit, he lives. How's my favorite minority in San Diego?[/QUOTE]

I never knew NoKill was a Russian stripper in San Diego.....sort of a deep voice and probably has an adams apple.

I'm pretty fed up with Black Ops too myself. Seems the best part of multiplayer is zombies, and that gets old after time. I'm working on Star Ocean: The Last Hope International now. Not necessarily a great game, but it's fun in doses.

CAG ID = PSN ID; chrislisting = chrislisting
Experience: Beginner
Timezone: EST
Mic: Yes
Additional Info: How can i play with you guys tonight?

Im down for Friday.
PSN ID: barca239
Avl: All time everyday after schools at 2 pm
Info: I would follow any orders and go lone wolf with ak74u with Ballistick knife and ax. Perks include Marathon, quick reload and ghost.

I wasn't on Chrislisting, but we are hardly organized since the majority of people bailed until whenever.

My best advice is just to add people as friends and just join their games on game night. I hate constantly editing my friends list and removing people who play once then disappear for 6 months, so I actually stopped adding everybody who posts when they do so.

[quote name='Jam424']I'm pretty fed up with Black Ops too myself. Seems the best part of multiplayer is zombies, and that gets old after time. I'm working on Star Ocean: The Last Hope International now. Not necessarily a great game, but it's fun in doses.[/QUOTE]

Alright Skydive. I have to ask, been intending to do so for some time. Does Star Ocean TLH ever pick up speed and enjoyment? I've tried my hardest to get into the latest JRPGs.. and I just cant do it. WKC and SO... I've tried my absolute hardest... but while they are interesting and somewhat fun... I just have lost patience for all Non Tales JRPGs

bread's done
Back