Blockbuster/Gamerush Deals Thread! 50% off NEW NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSHs and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

Trade 3 get any preowned for $5 valid at regular Blockbuster stores as well as the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Hefner and Rockwell. I just moved there so I have a lot of work to do so bare with me.

If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks.

Flipping discussion is here.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - September 5

This deal is being modified in many locations due to abuse. OH well

Beginning May 17 - September 5, trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals).

May be restricted to titles $44.99 and lower though YMMV.
Same restrictions as above

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy one new PS1 gamee, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Both deals become $5 for $15 on Tuesday, May 17.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
05/17/05 (Thanks and Credit goes to galvatron2k1)

Area 51 (PS2 XBOX) $26
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Cold Winter $25
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Doom 3 $30
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX PS2) $8
Forza Motorsport $32
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Jade Empire $30
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Lego Star Wars (XBOX PS2) $20
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX PS2) $10
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2 XBOX) $34
MX Unleashed $8
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Pariah $28
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX PS2) $20
Psychonauts $26
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2 XBOX Cube) $30
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2 Xbox) $35
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

I consider deals confirmed when I receive the MAP on every other Thursday. The Map outlines promos and how the store is to be layed out and includes the barcodes for the deals. Also we get the new trade flyers that day as well with new trade values and deals.

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

On a different note, I went to ANOTHER Gamerush today and found out that all the recent release used games had been pulled from the shelves and were behind the counter. You had to ask for them just to find out if they even existed.
Now, I can understand theivery being a good reason for this but waiting in a long ass checkout line just to find out if they even HAVE a game is pretty ridiculous.

I'm starting not to like this mr. CoryCube.............

For the record I haven't even been to work since the new deal started and as far as I know its not an official company thing.

secondly we are switching to dead on ppg 39.99 and up. bad timing I know but I had nothing to do with it.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe some employee saw what I did on the board here and is spreading it around themselves.

camel, personally I would reinstate and let you trade, as long you came in explained your situation and wasn't huffy puffy about it. I've actually done this with severeal people. I'm not sure what the deal is on yours though. I find it odd that they have done that in the first place as many managers would assume to let the trades go through
just so they can get high numbers in the first place.

as for me taking the ppg off the shelves I only do that in EXTREME cases, as in 5 different people or several groups of people all doing it.

[quote name='camelking6969']just got off phone with a good frien at my favorite gr, found out the whole story. said a maneger from another store called and said i was an ass and said you could do 20 trades a day at each store. i am pissed, all i said was you could buy 20 preowned games a day, and i belive i am right, i have combed the websight and every flyer i own of gr and thats what it says, also found out have not been suspended yet waiting for dm decision. if i had been an ass i would take it like a man.[/QUOTE]

You can buy 20 preowned a day and I have allowed many traders to trade in over 20 items at once. yeah if its say all ps2 game trades then I may limit but many times people come in with combos of things, just a few weeks ago

someone traded in a cube, 4 controllers, 2 memory cards, an extra rf switch, two xbox controllers, 4 xbox games, 5 gamecube games and a few gba and got themselves a psp.

I know the other games stores will accept those in full so why can't I? I'm not going to lose business over something trivial like that.

[quote name='hotwls13']I understand that the Managers physically can delete credit on your account, but is this allowed? To me the credit on your account is your money as well. I know the whole point of having it on the card is it can't be touched, but if you could prove you had credit on your account, I would think you could get them in trouble as well.

I'm not condoning or criticizing anything here, just stating my opinion on the fact it's your money whether on the card or not.[/QUOTE]

Yes, if the money is on your account it's yours. What I meant is that if you don't have any proof, then they can mess with your account credit (not BB itself, but an over zealous Store Manager).

Just remember there are other employees on this board and there may even be corporate lookers or other managers.

[quote name='CoryCubed']For the record I haven't even been to work since the new deal started and as far as I know its not an official company thing.

secondly we are switching to dead on ppg 39.99 and up. bad timing I know but I had nothing to do with it.

Only thing I can think of is that maybe some employee saw what I did on the board here and is spreading it around themselves.[/QUOTE]

What does "SWITCHING TO DEAD" mean? Does that mean GameRush will NOT be selling NEW pre-owned games?

I know my one store had a GOOD selection of them....I was going to pick up some cheap games to trade, but I may pass now.

It means the boxes on the floor won't contain the product, much like gamestop guts games.

You can still buy it and everything fine but it will be like buying a new game and them giving you the gut copy.

[quote name='bmulligan']On a different note, I went to ANOTHER Gamerush today and found out that all the recent release used games had been pulled from the shelves and were behind the counter. You had to ask for them just to find out if they even existed.
Now, I can understand theivery being a good reason for this but waiting in a long ass checkout line just to find out if they even HAVE a game is pretty ridiculous.

I'm starting not to like this mr. CoryCube.............[/QUOTE]

That's odd.
Some of the stores near me have a specific display that is in full view of the cashiers at all times where the 39.99+ games are sitting. They're just sitting there, out in the open for all to see, shouting "Buy me now!!".

[quote name='CoryCubed']It means the boxes on the floor won't contain the product, much like gamestop guts games.

You can still buy it and everything fine but it will be like buying a new game and them giving you the gut copy.[/QUOTE]

I think that's a better idea. Nothing is so annoying as going to a store and finding a game you really want, only to take it to the cashier and see that the game has been removed from it by a less than honest patron.

[quote name='CoryCubed']its the HOT PREOWNED ENDCAP that has all the new expensive ones.[/QUOTE]

The odd thing is that this store has that, as well as a seperate two sided rack with the "Coming Soon" cases, and then high dollar, new preowns on the other side.

It's almost like they have too many titles to just keep them on that one endcap.

So it seems that trade in prices are bottoming out with the introduction of these new deals (the 3 trade ins for PPG at $5).

Am I wrong, or is this not at the level of the 5 for PPG for $10 deal, or even the double dipping that was possible on the extra 5 for 3 trades + 2 trades for new/preorder?

Thanks posters for this deal!

Here's my haul:
Traded (all PS2)-
R: Racing Evolution $3 (Bought for $1.50 at TRU a while back)
XIII $1.50 (Free at bestbuy after coupon)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System $3 ($5 at Bestbuy...yeah i lost a bit of money...who cares.)

Bought Halo 2: LImited Edition for $5! (Regularly $39.99!)

first off let me thank corycubed, you are one of the good guys, i appreciate your help, i wish i was in ok i would only deal with you. i believe, or i hope the reinstate me cuz i really love gr, most of time i find good people working their. know as a random thought, feel free to disagree with me, if i go to eb buy three games then go to gr and trade nothing wrong with it, but if i go to a gr spend money, then walk out the door those games are mine correct, if i drive ten miles and say well let me trade them in. should be ok, i might be wrong just how i feel, i mean you help both stores. this is not directed to corycubed just a random thought. would love to see what other people think

[quote name='camelking6969']first off let me thank corycubed, you are one of the good guys, i appreciate your help, i wish i was in ok i would only deal with you. i believe, or i hope the reinstate me cuz i really love gr, most of time i find good people working their. know as a random thought, feel free to disagree with me, if i go to eb buy three games then go to gr and trade nothing wrong with it, but if i go to a gr spend money, then walk out the door those games are mine correct, if i drive ten miles and say well let me trade them in. should be ok, i might be wrong just how i feel, i mean you help both stores. this is not directed to corycubed just a random thought. would love to see what other people think[/QUOTE]

Once you buy the games they are yours. On the other hand, they can refuse any games they want. The smart thing to do is to not trade too many at the same time and don't chit-chat with the employees. If they find out what you are doing (even though the rules say you can) they probably won't let you do it.

[quote name='kaji7p56']Once you buy the games they are yours. On the other hand, they can refuse any games they want. The smart thing to do is to not trade too many at the same time and don't chit-chat with the employees. If they find out what you are doing (even though the rules say you can) they probably won't let you do it.[/QUOTE]

thats the point, the rules dont say u cant, i have read trade agreement front and back and says nothing, i think i am innocent, plus i have a lot of money invested

GBA Incredible Hulk : $9
Xbox Powerdrome : $11
GC Prince of Persia : $7

Picked up a looks-like-it-wasn't-even-played used Xbox Star Wars Episode III for $5. Good times!

[quote name='hotwls13']Don't know if this has been talked about yet.

My GR manager told me about a upcoming sale on Memorial Day weekend. She said that all pre-played games $4.99 and less will be 10 for $25.

Not a bad way to pick-up some trading fodder or get some PS1 games.

If anyone can confirm, that would be appreciated. [/QUOTE]

Sounds interesting, but from what I've seen, their $4.99 stuff is mostly junk, this deal is obviously to get rid of the crap that's filling up the shelves. The only used 4.99 games I remember seeing are Turok and 2k3 sports games, which are on the exclusion list anyway so its pretty much useless for trading fodder. Maybe they'll drop some more titles down to 4.99 for this deal though...?

argh i was expecting a sed Untold legends for PSP when I went in today, they didn't have ANY PSP games at all. so I just got the trade 2 get a new game for 29.99 and got it with that. and she even offered to do the trade 3 get extra $5, but then when she tried to found out It already ended, which got my hopes up a little. that store usually wouldn't elt me double-dip, but if I had known she would have let me, I would have taken my games in yesterday and gotten some more. but o well in the end I'm happy.

[quote name='menchirox']Thanks posters for this deal!

Here's my haul:
Traded (all PS2)-
R: Racing Evolution $3 (Bought for $1.50 at TRU a while back)
XIII $1.50 (Free at bestbuy after coupon)
Metal Arms: Glitch in the System $3 ($5 at Bestbuy...yeah i lost a bit of money...who cares.)

Bought Halo 2: LImited Edition for $5! (Regularly $39.99!)[/QUOTE]

CC $1.99 sale--Haven, Spawn and State of Emergency--$6
Trade-in value at GR--$7
Resident Evil Outbeak--$5

$4 for Resident Evil Outbreak!

Here's where I was stupid--I saw Halo 2 LE and it didn't even occur to me to buy it.:imwithst:

Well, I had to see what the OR Gamerush was up to with the new deals since they made so many modifications of the old deals in the last week. I went in at 11pm tonight (Tues) - the signs were still up for the trade 2/$29.99 deal - good, as that is the best one... Nothing else up though - still Buy 1 PO get 1 50% off, no $5 bonus signs, nothing about geting a PO for $5. Their stack of trade-in fliers are from May 3rd.

So I look through all the PO's and there is nothing I'd get anyway - but I had to ask. There are 2 new employees there I'd never seen before (as I said before the BB's around here had a major personnel reshuffling which is too bad since it seems they sent some of the knowledgeable GR people elsewhere). They had never heard of the trade 3 get a PO for $5 deal, or the buy 5 cheap PO for $25 deal. One went into detail (since he thought I was new :D) about the trade 2 for $29.99 preorder deal - said the only things not accepted were 2003 sports or older, etc (the usual - which is good since this was the GR that decided to institute a limited "premiere" list of games eligible for the $5 bonus deal in its very last week - seemed like a lot of trouble really - I'm just glad they aren't, apparently, applying it to the preorder deal).

So all I ended up getting was some candy for my son (and finding out that the $29.99 credit was still on the account - no tinkering by the manager :) ). I was hoping at least that they'd have the new Simpsons Bart Wars DVD in stock - they'd never heard of it. Meh...

I did find out one little tidbit that might be of interest to you Xboxers - they are taking names for a list of people they will call WHEN they find out they can take Xbox 360 preorders. So, no Xbox 360 preorder yet, but they do have a list of people they will call when they find out. First time they've ever said they'd call about anything (they don't on normal preorders). If they do the same for the PS2 and Revolution I will put my name on those lists, though I'm sure I'll find out here way before they do :)

good run for me today. Finally got rid of all the games I had left around from the old Tou's R Us coupon and the $1.99 circuit city runs. Between 2 GR's picked up the following.

All Complete and mint or very close.

Star Wars Episode III Xbox - $5.00 after trade.
Star War Republic Commando Xbox - $5.00 After trade.
Full Metal Alchemist PS2 - $5 after trade.
Suikoden IV PS2 - $5 after trade.
Fatal Frame II Xbox - $5 after trade.
Metroid Prime 2 GC - $5 after trade.
Devil May Cry 3 PS2 - $5 after trade.
Unreal Championship 2 - $5 after trade.

Also found a couple of normal purchases I had been looking for.

Bunjingai PS2 - $10
Star Wars Jedi Knight II Jedi Outcast Xbox - $15

Not the cheapeast but I was definatly willing to pay that price since the games where perfect and complete.

Only games that I wanted to find during this sale but couldn't were Shining Tears and Y's III.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']
Star Wars Episode III Xbox - $5.00 after trade.
Star War Republic Commando Xbox - $5.00 After trade.
Full Metal Alchemist PS2 - $5 after trade.
Suikoden IV PS2 - $5 after trade.
Fatal Frame II Xbox - $5 after trade.
Metroid Prime 2 GC - $5 after trade.
Devil May Cry 3 PS2 - $5 after trade.
Unreal Championship 2 - $5 after trade.
.[/QUOTE]

Looks like you traded in 24 games to get these? It is normal practice for us here to post the values we got for our trade-ins (even if they are TRU or CC fodder - nice to see how prices change over the weeks) to help others decide what's worth trading and what's not. After all, it isn't too useful to find out JUST what you bought (and thus what ISN'T at the store any more) :D. Don't get me wrong - we like seeing what people are finding and you got some great deals there. But let's keep the trade prices rolling, as they seem to have slowed down a bit recently. Looks like you might have some good data points for us (esp. with it being the beginning of the trading week).

[quote name='camelking6969']first off let me thank corycubed, you are one of the good guys, i appreciate your help, i wish i was in ok i would only deal with you. i believe, or i hope the reinstate me cuz i really love gr, most of time i find good people working their. know as a random thought, feel free to disagree with me, if i go to eb buy three games then go to gr and trade nothing wrong with it, but if i go to a gr spend money, then walk out the door those games are mine correct, if i drive ten miles and say well let me trade them in. should be ok, i might be wrong just how i feel, i mean you help both stores. this is not directed to corycubed just a random thought. would love to see what other people think[/QUOTE]

If you mean "flipping", taking games purchased from one GRush to trade in to another, you are NOT helping in any way shape or form. You are amassing credit by using deals to increase your profitablity, simple as that. Grush sells you a game at $15 lets say, you run it across town to get $35 for it. They just paid you $20 credit to simply move inventory from one store to another (which may have helped or hurt) If you buy a game, play it, then trade it back in later, thats fine. Any *normal* (i.e. non scammer) is only going to have so many of these types of transactions. Flippers have TONS of them and are rightfully busted because they dont care about the game but the credit it provides.

There is no logical reason for someone to tire of a game 10 min after they get it and then drive it to another store. The reason it is done is to make credit. How many other business do you know that you can buy something, use it, and 10 minutes later take it back for what you paid, let alone for a PROFIT?!!!

Everybody seems to have their own morality with GRush "deals". Just because something isnt spelled out in detail on the agreement doesnt make it right to do and sure as hell doesnt justify the sense of entitlement a lot of people seem to have. ("I deserve a PSP." "I deserve this game"

GameRush one of, if not the only, decent trade in place in the country. If you take advantage of them to the point they feel its no longer profitable to have the deals,specials,and trade in values that they do, they WILL end them. You can take the attitude of "well, Im gonna get mine before it all goes to hell" (selfishness in its purest form) or you can be a decent human being, use the deals reasonably ,save yourself some money in the process and keep it alive for yourself and others.

No movie,game, or system was/is/ or ever will be worth throwing out moral and ethical standards. Seems a few of you think otherwise. Very very sad.

Everything that I traded in was cheap stuff i had picked up during the various sales over the last year that I either really didnt want to play or I just tried and didn't like. Off hand I can remember these.

American Idol PS2 - $3
Project Eden PS2 - $1
Price of Persia GC - $7 or $8
XIII PS2 - $1.50
Corvette PS2 - $1.50
Ford Racing 2 PS2 - $1.50
Super Truck Racing PS2 - $1.50
Jepoardy PS2 - $10
Red Faction PS2 - $1.50
Drake XBOX - $0.75
+two more I can't remember off hand.

Turn in one each at each of the store I went to.

[quote name='AdvOfJet']Everything that I traded in was cheap stuff i had picked up during the various sales over the last year that I either really didnt want to play or I just tried and didn't like. Off hand I can remember these.

American Idol PS2 - $3
Project Eden PS2 - $1
Price of Persia GC - $7 or $8
XIII PS2 - $1.50
Corvette PS2 - $1.50
Ford Racing 2 PS2 - $1.50
Super Truck Racing PS2 - $1.50
Jepoardy PS2 - $10
Red Faction PS2 - $1.50
Drake XBOX - $0.75
+two more I can't remember off hand.

Turn in one each at each of the store I went to.[/QUOTE]

Thanks - every bit helps. Like, now I know to stay WELL CLEAR of Drake (I missed out on all the past Drake GR/FYE goodness I keep hearing about on CAG)! On the flip side, Jeopardy PS2 at $10 (sure about that?) sounds interesting - seems like a good budget title to keep an eye out for.

[quote name='io']On the flip side, Jeopardy PS2 at $10 (sure about that?) sounds interesting - seems like a good budget title to keep an eye out for.[/QUOTE]

Yup I'm sure. I actually found several at the CC near here for $1.99 and traded 3 in for $15 each when the $5 bonus was on. A couple CC's around here still have some sitting on the shelves. Tempting to get the rest but not really any other games I want that GR would actually cary. Wish they would hurry up and carry ATLUS titles.

LOL Drake $.75 cents, oh how the mighty have fallen!

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

--update--

traded today

xbox
------
nba live 2005 - 14.00
ncaa march madness 2005 - 12.50
Return To Castle wolfenstein - 3.00
Forza - 32.00
Kill.Switch - 7.00
GC- Mario Sunshine 8.00

got mint and complete $5 each
Jade Empire CE
GTA:double pack (first time i'd seen a complete one used in ages at GR)
and $69.89 in store credit :bouncy:

Here's my Tuesday trade

Spy vs Spy - $8
Pariah - $26
Ninja Gaiden - $17
MC3: DUB(Xbox) - $34

My pre orders were getting a little low, so I added a couple more to the list.

Destroy All Humans w/free Plan 9 From Outer Space (Ed Wood classic)
GTA: SA

any idea on how much gameday 2004 or NHL 2004 get; they're both 2.99 on ebgames.com right now. Could be good fodder to get an extra used game on the cheap

for those who want to know, when i pick up MVP baseball (PSP) ill let you guys know if they have burnout legends in the system, and xbox 360. any other questions?

[quote name='jevon90']any idea on how much gameday 2004 or NHL 2004 get; they're both 2.99 on ebgames.com right now. Could be good fodder to get an extra used game on the cheap[/QUOTE]

call your gamerush. they should tell you

i traded in:

PS2:

i ninja $3
starsky & hutch $1.50
whiplash $5 (wow!)
the hulk $5 (nice!)
nfl gameday 2004 $3 (answer to jevon90's question hehe)
madden nfl 2004 $1.50
syphon filter: omega strain $2

GC:
timesplitters 2 $8 (nice!)

GBA:
iridion 3d $1

:D

I hope I can get around 500 in credit this summer the ps3 is gonna be expensive from the looks of it...I really need another game like drake or echo night beyond to come along.

[quote name='lyric706']Anyone have problems trading Boktai for GBA? My GR said it wasn't in their system.[/QUOTE]

I just traded it yesterday. I brought in the box and manual so they just scanned the box. Unfortunately I don't have the receipt. I think it only got me $1.50

[quote name='sevdustflyer']I hope I can get around 500 in credit this summer the ps3 is gonna be expensive from the looks of it...I really need another game like drake or echo night beyond to come along.[/QUOTE]

there are meijers in michigan, right? king of fighters 2:maximum impact is $10 at meijers, and gets $25 at gamerush.

[quote name='camelking6969']thats the point, the rules dont say u cant, i have read trade agreement front and back and says nothing, i think i am innocent, plus i have a lot of money invested[/QUOTE]

They have the right to refuse trading with you at any time. It's their business they do not have to do business with you. That said if you are causing them to lose lots money they may ban you.

One more question. None of my GRs are letting me do the Trade 3, Get One for $5 more than once per day. So I'm doing a ton of driving and am afraid many of the stellar titles will be gone soon. Anyone know the actual rules regarding this promotion? Or is this indeed the rule?

[quote name='lyric706']Anyone have problems trading Boktai for GBA? My GR said it wasn't in their system.[/QUOTE]

I traded that game in....hmmm must of been maybe like last year actually. Anyway they traded it in as "boktai 2" which hadn't even come out yet and i got like 16 bucks for it.

[quote name='lyric706']One more question. None of my GRs are letting me do the Trade 3, Get One for $5 more than once per day. So I'm doing a ton of driving and am afraid many of the stellar titles will be gone soon. Anyone know the actual rules regarding this promotion? Or is this indeed the rule?[/QUOTE]

Offer valid for a limited time. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-owned game for $5 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PSP, PS2, Xbox, Gcube, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street soccer, mini games, wrestling games, or any 2003, 2K3, or older sports games.... Maximum purchase of 20 pre-owned games per Member per day...

from the way it sounds, you should be allowed to do the deal 20 times per day. if you were only allowed to do it once a day, they would have put that in the fine print, like they did with the last deals

[quote name='Espanto']Do they still give you the trade in credit towards the deal on the trade 3 get ppg for $5?[/QUOTE]

yes.

A warning for those in Southeast Michigan. The Troy and Rochester Hills
stores are limiting customers to one trade per day, despite the fact that the
flyer clearly states, "Maximum purchase of 20 pre-owned games per Member
per day." Also, the Troy store will not accept games without cases or Ecks vs
Sever. The Shelby Township store was more than happy to let me get two games
and trade in games without cases. I recommend going to the Shelby Township
store if you are in that area.

[quote name='GameDude']Yeah, I had a value card with $120 on it...and now they said it was empty.[/QUOTE]

GR/BB employees - what exactly is the deal with the value cards - is the money stored on the card itself or in a system-wide BB computer? If the latter, then it seems it is subject to tampering if the internal security isn't set up right. It seems that it must be on the system because dont they just scan the activation and reload codes with a hand scanner? Or do they swipe it as well to add the money to the card - I seem to remember them doing one or both at different times. I guess I had better go check my latest card and make sure it has what I think it should have!

Cory has implied that the cards are much safer than credit on your account, so I'll assume I'm better off that way. What do you make of GameDude's story though, Cory? Is it possible for the credit to be taken away from a card (even if it is harder than from an account)? Not that we have a lot of details of his story :D

[quote name='emperorx']A warning for those in Southeast Michigan. The Troy and Rochester Hills
stores are limiting customers to one trade per day, despite the fact that the
flyer clearly states, "Maximum purchase of 20 pre-owned games per Member
per day." Also, the Troy store will not accept games without cases or Ecks vs
Sever. The Shelby Township store was more than happy to let me get two games
and trade in games without cases. I recommend going to the Shelby Township
store if you are in that area.[/QUOTE]

That says maximum purchase. I'm sure you can buy 20 games per day. Just only make 1 trade per day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back