Blockbuster/Gamerush Deals Thread! 50% off NEW NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSHs and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

Trade 3 get any preowned for $5 valid at regular Blockbuster stores as well as the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Hefner and Rockwell. I just moved there so I have a lot of work to do so bare with me.

If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks.

Flipping discussion is here.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - September 5

This deal is being modified in many locations due to abuse. OH well

Beginning May 17 - September 5, trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals).

May be restricted to titles $44.99 and lower though YMMV.
Same restrictions as above

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy one new PS1 gamee, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Both deals become $5 for $15 on Tuesday, May 17.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
05/17/05 (Thanks and Credit goes to galvatron2k1)

Area 51 (PS2 XBOX) $26
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Cold Winter $25
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Doom 3 $30
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX PS2) $8
Forza Motorsport $32
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Jade Empire $30
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Lego Star Wars (XBOX PS2) $20
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX PS2) $10
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2 XBOX) $34
MX Unleashed $8
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Pariah $28
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX PS2) $20
Psychonauts $26
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2 XBOX Cube) $30
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2 Xbox) $35
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

I consider deals confirmed when I receive the MAP on every other Thursday. The Map outlines promos and how the store is to be layed out and includes the barcodes for the deals. Also we get the new trade flyers that day as well with new trade values and deals.

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

[quote name='spin03']how the hell do they owe us anything? we are getting games for 1/3 of the MSRP. if anything, you owe them something. what you owe them is not to flip. its tempting as hell for me, but i have enough already. dont want to be greedy.[/QUOTE]

last time i checked i never charged blockbuster 5 dollars because i returned a movie 15 minutes past due time. i don't owe blockbuster anything. hollywood video was forced to give out free rentals to anyone who they charged late fees. blockbuster didn't have to do that, but they should have had to. im taking matters into my own hands. im a videogame vigilante.

[quote name='spin03']how the hell do they owe us anything? we are getting games for 1/3 of the MSRP. if anything, you owe them something. what you owe them is not to flip. its tempting as hell for me, but i have enough already. dont want to be greedy.[/QUOTE]

are you the CEO of blockbuster or something? those games are yours for the taking. get out there and get your share.

i have to say, before blockbuster, ebgames, gamestop, game crazy, etc., we had little specialty video game stores that knew what we/they were talking about. i saw all of the corporate giants come wreck the stores who knew what kind of games you like to play, who knew the games we were waiting for, csr's (store-owners) who knew you by name.

so, yes, bb does owe us all. without your membership card, you're nada!

i'm not hating, just informing.

are they still giving $18 for powerpuff girls relish rampage ngc?

I called my local blockbuster and they are also doing the trade 3 get PO for $5. (as well as the buy 2 PO get 1 free) I will stop in tonight to check out their selection, and save myself a trip to Wilsonville.

[quote name='maccabee72']This new trade in deal is great!

Traded today at BB:

NBA Live 2004(xbox) - $5
Madden 2004(xbox) - $1.50
Auto Modelista(PS2) - $5

I walked out with an absolute mint copy of Devil May Cry 3 and $6 credit. I can't wait to head back tomorrow for some more trade-in goodness!

The lady who checked me out today was the same one who checked me out last week during the $5 bonus deal. She told me she got in trouble because she accepted some sealed games from me. She got on the phone and had to call someone because two of the games I traded today were also sealed, and I heard her say that thesame guy is back again with more sealed games. Needless to say, I had to unwrap them this time before I could trade them in.

Blockbuster has really been helping me improve the quality of my game collection lately, and it has only been at the expense of a bunch of worthless cheapass games. I must say it's great to be a CAG![/QUOTE]

Why take in sealed games???
I think you were just asking to get banned.

I used to work for Blockbuster, and let me tell you, they are fucking heartless. They deserve to get flippers fucking up their shit.

I'm not the typical "bitter ex-employee" or anything but they fuck their employees over. It's not only the CSRs that get fucked, but even Store Managers get mistreated.

I'm not going to go into specifics but BB employees know that it's no fun to work for them if you have a good work ethic (like I did). If they see you are a hard worker they will exploit your ass to no end. You willl have more of a workload than everyone else. When things get messy and someone needs to take the fall, guess what? It's YOU. Not the girl who talks on her cell phone all day, or the guy who hits on all the female customers, but YOU. The hard worker. When things go good, you get NONE of the praise. It's a bitch to work there and I'm glad I stayed in school.

What were we talking about again? Flipping games? Oh yeah. Flipper for life!

[quote name='rxdoga']Why take in sealed games???
I think you were just asking to get banned.[/QUOTE]

Why would I be banned? None of the games came from a Blockbuster or a GR. They were part of the overload of cheapass games I got this year and never played. I brought them in to have her scan the trade-in values, and she never asked me to open the ones I decided to trade in. Obviously, they have a rule that their employees must check a game before it's traded, but were there any rules that I was actually breaking?

[quote name='maccabee72']Why would I be banned? None of the games came from a Blockbuster or a GR. They were part of the overload of cheapass games I got this year and never played. I brought them in to have her scan the trade-in values, and she never asked me to open the ones I decided to trade in. Obviously, they have a rule that their employees must check a game before it's traded, but were there any rules that I was actually breaking?[/QUOTE]

totally agree. if i buy a sealed game, i always trade it sealed. what if they dont accept it? if i open it, im out what i spent for the game. and blockbuster should be happy to get an unopened game. lets say they sell malice used for 20, and new for 30. they get an extra 10 bucks (assuming someone buys it)

[quote name='Engineer_J']What is funny is the people doing the deals and trying to get more games are their best customers, even the people who they feel "rip" them off have the potential to be their best customers, if they have a deal that can be "flipped" they shouldn't do the deal, it is that simple, otherwise they are just making enemies/pissing off the people that could possible buy the most games from them. Why do that to your hardcore gaming crowd. I use to spend tons of money at EB and Gamestop, but now all my money goes to Gamerush, sometimes I win on their deals, sometimes I lose, but I never want to be treated like I somehow did something illegal or treat me as good as a shoplifter, I AM A CUSTOMER, if you don't like your deal then again I state, don't RUN IT.[/QUOTE]

People flipping and exploiting the deals are not, by definition "hardcore gamers".
Some of them may be "hardcore" and good future customers.... or they may be some of Best Buy's "devil customers"... people that bleed a company when it fits thier need, and then just let them rot until they need them again.

Many of you are playing fast and loose with the rules, forgetting that Gamerush is well within thier rights per the trade agreement to decided what games they want to accept, and from whom they want to accept them.
More likely that not, if they see a pattern exploiting a deal in a way they don't likey, they'll cut your account and tell you that your business is no longer welcome.
It takes guts to do, as you'll piss some people off, but in the long run it's probably better for your business to not be taking in 10+ copies of the lasted clearenced game from EB from one guy, and paying out 3 easy to move preowns and 100+ dollars in trade credit.

There's a difference between the types of people using the deals... there are some people that they love to see come in... people trading relatively easy to move product, be it either new, or a title that still moves a decent volume.
They'd rarely, if ever hassle these people or cut thier accounts.

Then there are the people that come in with multiple copies of one specific game, chosen to extract the maximum amount of credit out of the store. There's a level of reason to this, but if someone watches your trade history, and sees that 6+ copies of a single title flow through, they'll start thinking something is up... if this continues they are more apt to cut you off.

Don't think that store managers (employees like CoryCubed) will just sit thier and want to accept crappy titles that will clog thier shelves and screw up thier margins. This is a company after all.

Some of these people should be thrilled they've been on the beneficial end of the equation so long.

[quote name='jkircos']Another item for SE Michigan Gamerush people. I went into the Bloomfield Hills store today and traded in:

King of Fighters (25)
Tony Hawk 4 (1.50)
Nba Live 2004 (5)

Well they had Jade Empire as the newest used game and I wanted to pick up a copy for my brother. So I go up there and the guy starts looking at all my other trade ins, and games I purchased. He sees that I ordered Jade Empire, and he says "Why are you getting this game, you already have it" and I tell him its really none of his business, but I want a copy for my brother. Then he yells over to the other guy, "Watch out for this one" and then tells me, "Keep your nose clean". I was pissed off. I am going in when the regular manager is there and cancelling my 3 pre-orders from that store and moving them to another store. Screw them.[/QUOTE]

Why don't you throw a temper tantrum while your at it?
You're sounding like a petulant child.
More likely than not, the guy was trying to be friendly. Most of the clerks at the Gamerushes around me know me, and they'll joke about what I'm trading in or getting.
I think you need to get a thicker skin, or you're feeling guilty on some level for what you're doing.

[quote name='kaji7p56']I used to work for Blockbuster, and let me tell you, they are fucking heartless. They deserve to get flippers fucking up their shit.

I'm not the typical "bitter ex-employee" or anything but they fuck their employees over. It's not only the CSRs that get fucked, but even Store Managers get mistreated.

I'm not going to go into specifics but BB employees know that it's no fun to work for them if you have a good work ethic (like I did). If they see you are a hard worker they will exploit your ass to no end. You willl have more of a workload than everyone else. When things get messy and someone needs to take the fall, guess what? It's YOU. Not the girl who talks on her cell phone all day, or the guy who hits on all the female customers, but YOU. The hard worker. When things go good, you get NONE of the praise. It's a bitch to work there and I'm glad I stayed in school.

What were we talking about again? Flipping games? Oh yeah. Flipper for life![/QUOTE]

Do it at your own peril, but don't come in here ranting like a whiny bitch if they refuse to accept trade from you. It's amazing how many people are doing that despite knowing that they're doing is against the trade agreement.
Play with fire long enough and you tend to get burned.

Not to get into a debate...I really don't see how blockbuster can BAN people and take away their credit. It's not like anyone is VIOLATING the rules of the trades....yes, people abuse it, but they are staying well within the rules that BB/GR has in place. I feel that some legal action could be taken if they try to void your pre-orders or cancel your credit.

I'm not one who ABUSES the deals...but I have taken advantage of them. I generally don't buy games at GameRush, then trade them in...unless I truly don't like them.

I've been with BBV for 4 years and I can say they are probably just like any other job. Pretty much you like it or you don't. Its retail. People suck sometimes. Upper level management almost always sucks, in any business that is a "corporation".

All in all I'm fine with my job, especially while I'm in school to get out of said job, or move way higher in the company (hr, loss prevention, ceo, network admin, etc.).

Every place has their way of running things and you either like it or you don't plain and simple. If you don't then quit, find some place you enjoy, and stick with it.

Truth be told many Blockbusters are night and day compared to each other. Its not the company that makes the job its the people.

Thats why I am transferring stores. I know whats my sm leaves that I won't like the management style so I am leaving. very simple.

Most store managers do get crap. then again we all do. they do get bonuses though and whatnot.

Personally I would run a stand alone gamerush for a measely $15 an hour. not much yea but its still around 1/3 more what I make now and I would get extra because of bonuses and what not.

[quote name='JSweeney']Do it at your own peril, but don't come in here ranting like a whiny bitch if they refuse to accept trade from you. It's amazing how many people are doing that despite knowing that they're doing is against the trade agreement.
Play with fire long enough and you tend to get burned.[/QUOTE]

I actually have a solid plan that I have stuck to since last October. I have friends at multiple Gamerushes and employees that I give a percentage of the profits to. If I were to get banned, I would just use my parent's/brother's/girlfriend's/friend's/etc account.

I don't know if you were referring to me as the "whiny bitch", but I was just venting and I didn't mean to go off-topic.

I think if I somehow got banned (unlikely) I would be fine since I don't shop at BB normally and I have already made a good profit.

unfortunently there is a thing in the trade agreement about costs being repaid to blockbuster. I think its in the third paragraph. I post it tomorrow evening as I don't feel like going back to work but the way I read it they can (though they would be a pain in the ass)

[quote name='doubledown']Not to get into a debate...I really don't see how blockbuster can BAN people and take away their credit. It's not like anyone is VIOLATING the rules of the trades....yes, people abuse it, but they are staying well within the rules that BB/GR has in place. I feel that some legal action could be taken if they try to void your pre-orders or cancel your credit.

I'm not one who ABUSES the deals...but I have taken advantage of them. I generally don't buy games at GameRush, then trade them in...unless I truly don't like them.[/QUOTE]

I don't think they can take your credit... that seems to be entirely in bad faith,
and unless they actually have that stated in an agreement somewhere, they'll be in quite a bit of trouble.
However, but I don't doubt that they could ban you for even the most tenuous of reasons.

Of course, I don't think they could do it company wide, but they could just put a note on your account not to accept trade from you, and they'd be well within the terms of the trade agreement.
I'm sure that a rampant pattern of abuse (not violation of the agreement, but just simple abuse) could lead to a store refusing to accept trades if they see that to be in thier best interest. This would only be for the most extreme cases, though. I would think orders a high cost, low profit item (like a console) might spur them on, especially if your trade history is jam packed with title that just aren't moving at the store.

[quote name='Indiana']Cory,

So credit in my account is it safe? I assume that an employee can not delete my money without a manager approval.

I only have like $30 credit but still.[/QUOTE]

If its on your account it they could reverse it out very quickly an easy.

credit, goodwill, -30.00, its zeroed out like that.

If its on a card then your safe and could go to any other bbv and use it that doesn't recognize you (nonmember account, works just like a giftcard).

[quote name='CoryCubed']I've been with BBV for 4 years and I can say they are probably just like any other job. Pretty much you like it or you don't. Its retail. People suck sometimes. Upper level management almost always sucks, in any business that is a "corporation".

All in all I'm fine with my job, especially while I'm in school to get out of said job, or move way higher in the company (hr, loss prevention, ceo, network admin, etc.).

Every place has their way of running things and you either like it or you don't plain and simple. If you don't then quit, find some place you enjoy, and stick with it.

Truth be told many Blockbusters are night and day compared to each other. Its not the company that makes the job its the people.

Thats why I am transferring stores. I know whats my sm leaves that I won't like the management style so I am leaving. very simple.

Most store managers do get crap. then again we all do. they do get bonuses though and whatnot.

Personally I would run a stand alone gamerush for a measely $15 an hour. not much yea but its still around 1/3 more what I make now and I would get extra because of bonuses and what not.[/QUOTE]

I'm glad your BB is somewhat okay. I worked in 3 different stores and it was the same crap. Maybe it was the District Manager's fault (since all 3 stores were in the same district).

stores hold a 90 history of an account, though corporate can go back I think 7 years or so but it has to be requested.

[quote name='kaji7p56']I'm glad your BB is somewhat okay. I worked in 3 different stores and it was the same crap. Maybe it was the District Manager's fault (since all 3 stores were in the same district).[/QUOTE]

that sucks to hear, unfortunently I do know plenty of stores like that. I can definently can see where it could be the DL.

[quote name='sevdustflyer']It seems like it would be pretty reasonable to sue blockbuster if they delete your credit. They all ready got screwed for boasting "no more late fees" and had to change that slogan. Does anyone else realize that they charge 7.99 just to RENT a game that's like something a pirate or a barbarian might charge. The way I see it blockbuster owes it to us to let us do a little flipping every now and then.[/QUOTE]

The no late fee thing was ridiculus. How else are you supposed to do it? You haft to do something to make sure the stuff gets returned. That lawsuit was more stupid then people getting fat off mcdonalds and suing.

$7.99 is really odd. here its $6.99. it actually seems reasonable and you can always get a game pass. Hollywoods prices are about the same. Only thing is maybe the little gas station by my house that rents a few for $1.00 a day maybe better but its the same price for a week.

It takes blockbuster quite awhile to make there money back on a game even at that price.

New game for $49.99 - assuming blockbuster pays $42 for it then it takes 6 rentals for them to break even.

Granted though they should charge less for games they pay $19.99 or whatever for. Ex PS2- Ford Racing 3 - $14.99. Why not charge $4.99 or less?

That would probably be a nightmare to advertise, especially considering the late fees fiasco.

They do need to allow cash payments for game pass though. I've sent so many fake emails to corporate lol

let me tell you something from personal experiance, they can and they will take money from value card. like alot of people have said its a matter of opion, i have spent a lot of green there. i have spent well in the thousands there. i always preorder one game each trip, as a matter of fact thats why i was reinstated at only one blockbuster cuz the dl look back on my accounta and saw the buisness i did.

cory, how many stores do a dm usally watch over, and if i went to a store in another state and started an account would my ban be there or would i be clear

should be clear outta state unless they know how to call a home store by the store code (its a 700 number and 5 digits).

We have 36 or so stores here in the city. We have 3 DLs, All the Gamerushes are under 1 DL he has 11 stores. The rest are divided up in roughly half. Generally I think blockbuster tries to keep it under 15 and more closer to 9-12 depending on the region.

yeah where it was from originally.

most cards start with 2 unless its a rewards then it starts with 9 and is link to a one that starts with 2 (either works on rewards).

say you have card #

The store code would be 40066 (5 digit).

ah so much controversy.

Anyways the deal starts tomorrow and should last till end of labor day. Its any 10 preowned that are priced $4.99 and lower for $25.

Many stores may not have this posted or may not let you do it unless they are having a sidewalk sale (most are this weekend and next).

[quote name='CoryCubed']

[/QUOTE]

hey cory, i was in your new store this afternoon but you obviously weren't there, traded in 3 games and pickup up THUG2 remix for PSP....i haven't ever played any of the tony hawk games so anxious to give it a whirl....

you are absolutely right about the people making it bearable or not...i meant to tell you i worked at a couple of blockbusters in tulsa (YEARS !!! ago before the thought of gamerush) and was working at a great store at 21st and sheridan with great people...transferred to a store closer to my house on 71st between memorial and sheridan...what a mistake...the other csrs there were asses and the manager was a total jerk....didn't even make it through the summer....i'll be in your new store soon to check you out in your new digs.....

all the rest of you should be jealous you don't get to deal with him directly, because cory really is a nice guy....

went to my local BB, they didn't have squat, and their prices weren't up to date (had Mechassault 2 for $46.99 used). The girl behind the counter was drooling because I brought Forza to trade in. Didn't want to waste the trade in and not get a decent game for $5.

Ps2 Midway Arcade Treasure $7
Starsky and Hutch $1.50 and the other game in that 2pack from Wal-Mart.

Got God of War for $5

Wow, you go out to see Star Wars and come back and a whole lot happens here! Me, I could care less about GR at the moment - just want to see Star Wars again :D

(But seriously, thanks Cory for the 90-day transaction history tidbit - I was *just* going to ask about that - you must have read my mind. It will take a few more months, then, for the $5 bonus goodness to disappear :D).

[quote name='CoryCubed']ah so much controversy.

Anyways the deal starts tomorrow and should last till end of labor day. Its any 10 preowned that are priced $4.99 and lower for $25.

Many stores may not have this posted or may not let you do it unless they are having a sidewalk sale (most are this weekend and next).[/QUOTE]
Did they slash some game prices or something? I've never seen any current gen games that low and even 64 games are tough to find anything not sports for less. I don't think they are going to be able to clear out tons of their Madden 98s and whatnot for PSX.

[quote name='JSweeney']People flipping and exploiting the deals are not, by definition "hardcore gamers".
Some of them may be "hardcore" and good future customers.... or they may be some of Best Buy's "devil customers"... people that bleed a company when it fits thier need, and then just let them rot until they need them again.

Many of you are playing fast and loose with the rules, forgetting that Gamerush is well within thier rights per the trade agreement to decided what games they want to accept, and from whom they want to accept them.
More likely that not, if they see a pattern exploiting a deal in a way they don't likey, they'll cut your account and tell you that your business is no longer welcome.
It takes guts to do, as you'll piss some people off, but in the long run it's probably better for your business to not be taking in 10+ copies of the lasted clearenced game from EB from one guy, and paying out 3 easy to move preowns and 100+ dollars in trade credit.

There's a difference between the types of people using the deals... there are some people that they love to see come in... people trading relatively easy to move product, be it either new, or a title that still moves a decent volume.
They'd rarely, if ever hassle these people or cut thier accounts.

Then there are the people that come in with multiple copies of one specific game, chosen to extract the maximum amount of credit out of the store. There's a level of reason to this, but if someone watches your trade history, and sees that 6+ copies of a single title flow through, they'll start thinking something is up... if this continues they are more apt to cut you off.

Don't think that store managers (employees like CoryCubed) will just sit thier and want to accept crappy titles that will clog thier shelves and screw up thier margins. This is a company after all.

Some of these people should be thrilled they've been on the beneficial end of the equation so long.[/QUOTE]

Well if I want to bring in 10 NBA Live's at their trade in price then I should, if they don't want to take them then just tell me, but don't "ban me for life" for doing that or treat me like I'm somehow a thief, not my fault I can buy low, sell high, which is exactly what they do to customers everyday. I would never have this problem at any other store, only at Gamerush and if Gamerush knew how to run their stores it wouldn't happen there either. But either way I spend a lot of money on games so I don't expect to be treated badly cause they don't know how to price their trade ins.

[quote name='Zennousha']Did they slash some game prices or something? I've never seen any current gen games that low and even 64 games are tough to find anything not sports for less. I don't think they are going to be able to clear out tons of their Madden 98s and whatnot for PSX.[/QUOTE]

Yeah, this 10 for $25 deal doesn't sound too great. I've had pretty good luck with the 5 for $15 PS1 deal though. Nothing too amazing, but for $3 each I'm happy. Here's what I found yesterday (all complete unless noted):

Silent Hill (Non-GH)
Final Fantasy Tactics (GH)
Mega Man Legends (Non-GH)
Medievil
Armored Core
Jersey Devil
Worms World Party
Shipwreckers! (I absolutely had to pick this one up on name alone)
Mr. Driller (Missing Instructions)
Wild Arms (Missing Instructions)
Blasto (Missing Intructions)
Power Rangers Zeo Pinball
Descent Maximum
Galaga: Destination Earth
Smurf Racer
Peter Jacobsen's Golden Tee Golf
Jackie Chan Stuntmaster
Arcade Party Pak (Smash TV, Toobin', 720, etc.)
Army Men: Final Front
Breakout (Disc only)

NBA Live? even the older versions bring are 50 cents or $1. Youd be suprised how much they actually sell. lots of parents get those for their kids since they are so cheap and it will keep some busy.

It is a locational thing too as in my area they added section eight housing and some of the less fortunate population are moving in and sales at my store have increased (my old one, used to be such a nice neighborhood).

granted I'm not going to take in 10 nba lives at once but over time as long as its not more than 2 per day I don't really care (helps my numbers and I've won the arguement of boxing them up or shoving them under tables)

Would I be able to trade in 2 copies King of fighters 2:maximum impact in the same visit? Cause there really isn't anything I wanna trade in from my personal collection right now except Spiderman 2 XB and I hear that King of fighters 2 gets a good trade in price also. Cause I really wanna do the trade 3 get a PO for 5.00$ but I don't have any games I wanna get rid of right now.

should be unless the employees being an ass, you are limited to two copies of any title in the same day. (really not uncommon, I had a lady trade in two copies of lego star wars on gba so she could buy 2 copies of star wars episode 3 on gba for her kids (twin brothers).,

Well if I want to bring in 10 NBA Live's at their trade in price then I should, if they don't want to take them then just tell me

More likely than not, people getting thier accounts frozen and being told that thier trades aren't welcome are making a habit of doing it, and an easy to spot pattern develops in one (or more) stores.

Freezing accounts and permanantly refusing trades from an account is likely a last step. The wouldn't do this if you say, flipped one or two copies of a game... or even did that every couple of months.

You can even see it in this thread, but people are developing cottage industries of exploiting this deal. To most things there is a limit of reason... and when that threshold is crossed, that is likely when an account will be frozen.

It's not reasonable to expect to be able to trade in $50 dollars worth of product and then at the end of the process walk out with a $300+ hardware bundle
of a product that would have no problem selling itself.

but don't "ban me for life" for doing that or treat me like I'm somehow a thief, not my fault I can buy low, sell high, which is exactly what they do to customers everyday.

You are not a business. There is no entitlement expressed or implied in ANY documentation between you and the Blockbuster corporation.
In fact, you're on what could be considered the negative end of a binding agreement. Per the Trade in agreement you signed, you give them full power to decide what they will accept and won't.

I would never have this problem at any other store, only at Gamerush and if Gamerush knew how to run their stores it wouldn't happen there either.

You didn't sign a trade agreement with any other stores that reads the same as the trade agreements at Gamerush.

But either way I spend a lot of money on games so I don't expect to be treated badly cause they don't know how to price their trade ins.

Whaa, Whaa, Whaa.
If you don't like it, don't shop there.
There have thier policies, which you agreed to.

do you guys think it is ok if i do the buy 10 for 25 deal, and then play the games a little for a week, and then trade them 7 days later? i really dont want to get banned because i will lose 22 preorders and 375 in credit

[quote name='jkircos']Another item for SE Michigan Gamerush people. I went into the Bloomfield Hills store today and traded in:

King of Fighters (25)
Tony Hawk 4 (1.50)
Nba Live 2004 (5)

Well they had Jade Empire as the newest used game and I wanted to pick up a copy for my brother. So I go up there and the guy starts looking at all my other trade ins, and games I purchased. He sees that I ordered Jade Empire, and he says "Why are you getting this game, you already have it" and I tell him its really none of his business, but I want a copy for my brother. Then he yells over to the other guy, "Watch out for this one" and then tells me, "Keep your nose clean". I was pissed off. I am going in when the regular manager is there and cancelling my 3 pre-orders from that store and moving them to another store. Screw them.[/QUOTE]

The manager I dealt with over at Bloomfield was Flloyd. Last year, he did not
care about me purchasing extra copies. I do not know if he was the manager
that you dealt with. Perhaps Bloomfield has changed their policy about
multiple copies. Try the Pontiac store for multiple copies. Last year,
they did not care at all about how many copies of a game that one purchased.
Avoid the Brighton and Commerce stores like the plague. They were nothing
but trouble last year.

[quote name='spin03']do you guys think it is ok if i do the buy 10 for 25 deal, and then play the games a little for a week, and then trade them 7 days later? i really dont want to get banned because i will lose 22 preorders and 375 in credit[/QUOTE]

Got a quick question, Why don't you just not buy the games at all so you don't have worry about getting banned.

The guys I talked to at my GR said: games you bought at GR can only be traded back after a minimum of 2 weeks (I don't know if it's true or not), but I'd have to agree with cdeener. Just don't do it and you won't have to worry.

Something of note that I havent seen mentioned: Blockbuster is also participating in the trade 3 deal. I'm not sure if you also gain the credit from the games, but I would think it would work. Of course, this only means something if your BB has a decent collection of used games. Mine has GTA:SA and Halo 2, but otherwise its nothing to get excited over.

[quote name='CoryCubed']should be unless the employees being an ass, you are limited to two copies of any title in the same day. (really not uncommon, I had a lady trade in two copies of lego star wars on gba so she could buy 2 copies of star wars episode 3 on gba for her kids (twin brothers).,[/QUOTE]

Dang, Cory, I've been looking *everywhere* for a GBA Lego Star Wars. My GR has had 2 copies on order for over a month now (apparently they got ONE in when it was released and it sold right away). I would snap that up in a second with my trade credit. I stop in all the regular BB's that I can when I'm out and about and I never see it at them either. Any chance I can purchase one from your store and have it shipped (using a value card of course)? :D

[quote name='emperorx']The manager I dealt with over at Bloomfield was Flloyd. Last year, he did not
care about me purchasing extra copies. I do not know if he was the manager
that you dealt with. Perhaps Bloomfield has changed their policy about
multiple copies. Try the Pontiac store for multiple copies. Last year,
they did not care at all about how many copies of a game that one purchased.
Avoid the Brighton and Commerce stores like the plague. They were nothing
but trouble last year.[/QUOTE]

The thing is I never ever flipped any games at any of the GRs in the area. And the fact that they were annoyed with me picking up another copy of a game is kinda annoying. Now if I went in everyday and picked up another copy of Jade Empire, then they would have a right to be annoyed.

The Pontiac store does not have a good used game selection, but it could have improved since the last time I was there (two months ago). The Brighton store has been pretty good, I even traded in two copies of one game without a problem.

[quote name='spin03']do you guys think it is ok if i do the buy 10 for 25 deal, and then play the games a little for a week, and then trade them 7 days later? i really dont want to get banned because i will lose 22 preorders and 375 in credit[/QUOTE]

I think buying 10 and returning 10 right away would be a very bad idea.
Just try to reasonable about it. You're obviously paying money into the system, and companies hate to lose customers, so they won't just immediately jump to a ban. Just try to be reasonable.

Using it to ONLY build a stock of trade in fodder would probably not go over very well, since they're likely running the deal to get rid of the chaff in thier stock.
Of course, I'd guess that the vast majority of the games that would be eligible for this deal would likely be excluded from the trade in deals.

[quote name='jkircos']The thing is I never ever flipped any games at any of the GRs in the area. And the fact that they were annoyed with me picking up another copy of a game is kinda annoying. Now if I went in everyday and picked up another copy of Jade Empire, then they would have a right to be annoyed.

The Pontiac store does not have a good used game selection, but it could have improved since the last time I was there (two months ago). The Brighton store has been pretty good, I even traded in two copies of one game without a problem.[/QUOTE]

I still think you're misreading the situation.
The way you explain it, it still sounds like the guy was joking to me.
By his statement, he's obviously watching... but I really don't see the malice you do in the comment.

It just sounds like a clerk and a manager trying to be friendly.
I think you think you're doing something a bit "questionable", and taking the most negative view of what the clerk could be saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back