Blockbuster/Gamerush Deals Thread! 50% off NEW NINTENDO

Status
Not open for further replies.

CoryCubed

CAGiversary!
ALL INFO AND DEALS FOR Blockbuster/GAMERUSHs and Traditional Blockbusters (pm/post with any suggestions)

Trade 3 get any preowned for $5 valid at regular Blockbuster stores as well as the Buy 2 get 1 Free.

If your in the Oklahoma City area stop by my store at Hefner and Rockwell. I just moved there so I have a lot of work to do so bare with me.

If your a flipper/scammer at least spare my store the crap titles unless its for presales...thanks.

Flipping discussion is here.

http://cheapassgamer.com/forums/showthread.php?p=994838#post994838

Current Deals

Trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. May 17 - September 5

This deal is being modified in many locations due to abuse. OH well

Beginning May 17 - September 5, trade 3 games get any preowned for $5. PSP, NDS, GBA, Xbox, Gcube, and PS2 only. No sports games before '04 and no Freestyle Street Soccer, or minigames/demo discs (the usuals).

May be restricted to titles $44.99 and lower though YMMV.
Same restrictions as above

Trade 2 games and get New Releases and Pre-Orders for $29.99 til September 5th (subject to change)

Should go till September 5th. New releases and Preorder games only $29.99 with 2 game trades (see exclusions above or aka the usual).

Buy 2 preowned games get 1 free

This works on all preowned games including retro/n64.

Buy 2 preowned get 1 free. Takes off lowest priced title so separate and make sure employee scans your groups and barcode seperate.
Price and selection will vary by location and quantities are limited. Offer not valid on previously rented movies, sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Discount taken at register and will be applied towards lowest price games(s). Customer responsible for applicable taxes. Limit 2 per title per customer per day. Maximum of 20 Pre-owned games per customer per day.

Previously buy 2 get 1 free

Several PS1 deals

Buy one new PS1 gamee, get 1 new PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only. Cannot be combined with preowned.

Buy any 5 preowned PS1 Games for $20!
Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 10 preowned PS1 games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Both deals become $5 for $15 on Tuesday, May 17.

20 % off strategy guides

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Game Pass

Rent unlimited games for a month. You can have one game (or 2 depending on the pass) out at a time and can return it whenever you want and switch it out as many times as you want.

1 out = $14.99 the first month....$19.99 thereafter
2 out= $24.99 the first month...$29.99 thereafter

You must have a credit card/check card to signup. Checkcard must be visa, mc, amex, dc, or diners club. You can also do it by getting a prepaid visa, mc, dc or amex card with at least $1 on it so it will clear the authorization and just pay for it each month (very tedious though). You can cancel at any time. Good on any rental game (gamecube, psp, nds, gba, xbox, ps2).

$0.99 Retro Games

All Dreamcast, Snes, Genesis, and Nes games are $0.99. Games available depend on which store you go to. Games may not be marked as $0.99, but they will ring up that price. Trade in value of all games on these systems is now $0.25.

GAMERUSH WEBSITE

This should have alot of stuff so please just search around the website before asking questions.

"http://www.gamerush.com"

PAST DEALS (for informational purposes only!)

Pre-order a new game for $34.99 or less when you trade 2 games

Offer expires 03/14/2005. Trade 2 games and receive standard trade value plus get any pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $34.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 or older sports games. Discount valid in the same transaction as games traded. Standard trade value may be used in same or different transaction as pre-order. Offer not valid on DVDs, previously rented movies, pre-owned games or sale items or in conjunction with any other discount or offer. Offer not valid on collector’s edition or limited edition pre-order games. Full pre-order amount must be paid in full at time of pre-order. Discount taken at register. Member responsible for applicable taxes. Available at participating stores while supplies last. Subject to trading terms and conditions, see trading brochure for complete details. Games traded without pre-order will receive standard trade value only.

Buy two PS1 games, get 1 PS1 game free.

Valid on NEW PS1 games only.

Buy 5 PS1 Games for $20!

Buy any 5 used PS1 games for $20.

Buy 10 PS1 Games for $35!

Buy any 10 used PS1 games for $35.

Buy any game and get it's strategy guide for 20% off.

Buy an in stock game and get it's in stock strategy guide for 20% off the original price.

Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Buy any 2 used games and get a game, of equal or lesser value to the lowest price of the 2 games, free.

All New Games and Preorders $29.99 when you Trade 3 Games

Offer expires 1/31/2005. Trade 3 games and receive standard trade value plus get any new release or pre-order game priced $49.99 or less for $29.99 plus tax. Traded titles valid on PS2, XBOX, GCUBE, GBA, NDS formats and 2004 or 2K4 sports games or newer. Not valid on the game Freestyle Street Soccer, mini games, wrestling games or any 2003 or 2K3 sports games or older.

Trade any 3 PS1, PS2, GCN, XBox, or GBA games, get any used game for $10.

Similar to the trade 2 get a game for $9.99 but will now be 3 trades and includes PS1 games.

Buy the game of the week and get $10 off your purchase, plus a coupon for 1 free game rental.

12/7 – 12/13: Prince of Persia 2 (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

12/14 – 12/20: Killzone (Available on PS2)

12/21 – 12/27: Ghost Recon 2 - (Available on PS2 and XBOX)

Come back to see new featured games every week through January 4!

Trade in 2 games, get a "hot games of 2004" for half off.

Most were crappy games so it wasn't a very good deal.

Get an extra 50% trade-in credit on select contollers, memory cards and remotes!

Valid for GameCube, Xbox, and PS2 accessories only.

Buy 1 used game, get 1 used game 50% off.

This has been going on at normal BlockBusters and GameRushes for a very long time and will now be replaced by Buy 2 used games, get a used game for free.

Trade in 1 game, get a new game for $29.99!

This was only available in newer locations but was available when GameRush first started out as well.

Trade 3 or more games and get an EXTRA $5 PER GAME!

Offer valid on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA formats. Extra $3 for playstation trades. 10 trades per transaction. One transaction per day.

Preorder games for $29.99 when you trade in 2 games!

Get $20 off any prorder game of $49.99. Traded titles must be on PS2, Xbox, GameCube, or GBA. Not valid on collectors or limited edition games.

trade in 2 games and get any used game for $9.99

some of the greatest deals that I've ever gotten; long lived

trade in 3 games and get any used game for $4.99

short lived

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $29.99

short lived but is back again in new GameRush locations.

trade in 1 game and get any new game for $39.99

sort of still going, but your store has to have the coupons for it

What can I trade?

Trading Formats: PSP, DS, Playstation 2, Playstation, XBOX, Nintendo Gamecube, Nintendo 64, GameBoy, GameBoy Advance, GameBoy Color, Sega Dreamcast, Sega Genesis, SNES, NES.

ALL STORES WILL BE ACCEPTING PSP MOVIES FOR TRADE AS OF 5/3/05 possibly sooner. (some are in there but not most of the current releases).

Some Credit Values as of
05/17/05 (Thanks and Credit goes to galvatron2k1)

Area 51 (PS2 XBOX) $26
ATV: Offroad Fury (PSP) $22
Cold Winter $25
Delta Force Black Hawk Down $35
Devil May Cry 3 $30
Donkey Konga 2 $20
Doom 3 $30
Enthusia Pro Racing $20
Fight Night 2004 (XBOX PS2) $8
Forza Motorsport $32
Full Spectrum Warrior (PS2) $10
God of War $30
Gran Turismo 4 $30
Hot Shots Golf: Open Tee (PSP) $24
Jade Empire $30
Kingdom Hearts (PS2) $8
Kingdom Under Fire $8
Lego Star Wars (GBA) $11
Lego Star Wars (XBOX PS2) $20
Major League Baseball 2K5 (XBOX PS2) $10
Marvel vs. Capcom 2 (PS2) $8????
Midnight Club 3 (Ps2 XBOX) $34
MX Unleashed $8
Mx vs. ATV Unleashed $20
Myst IV: Revelation (XBOX) $8
NBA Street Showdown (PSP) $28
Need for Speed Underground (NDS) $24
Pariah $28
Pokemon Colosseum $8
Pokemon Emerald (GBA) $20
Predator: Concrete Jungle (XBOX PS2) $20
Psychonauts $26
Resident Evil Outbreak File #2 $30
Simpsons: Hit and Run (PS2) $8
Sonic Heroes (XBOX) $8
Splinter Cell: Chaos Theory (PS2 XBOX Cube) $30
Star Wars Ep. 3 (NDS) $24
Star Wars Ep. 3 (Ps2 Xbox) $35
Star Wars Jedi Knight: Jedi Academy (XBOX) $8
Super Mario Sunshine $8
Unreal Championship 2 $35
Untold Legends: Brotherhood (NDS)? $22

PSP Hardware $170
XBOX Hardware $95
PS2 Hardware $90
PsOne Hardware $11

Accessories
Universal Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
Gamecube Memory Card 8MB (any brand) - $3
Gamecube Memory Card 4MB (Nintendo brand) - $3
PS2 Multitap (Sony brand) - $10
PS2 Memory Card (any brand) - $7
XBOX AV Cable (any brand) - $2
XBOX Steering Wheel and Pedal (any brand) - $15
XBOX DVD Remote - $14
XBOX Controller (any brand) - $6
XBOX Light Gun (any brand) - $6
XBOX Dance Pad (any brand) - $5
XBOX Headset Only (any brand) - $2

Credit for the following goes to video_gamer324.

This is a general range of what GameRush will give you for the game you're trading in. Obviously not all games will be like this, but it should be close.

This is becoming less common very quickly. Probably down to about 50% accurate.

They Sell/They Buy
$1.99 / $.25
$2.99 / $.50
$4.99 / $1.00
$6.99 / $1.50
$9.99 / $3.00
$12.99 / $5.00
$14.99 / $7.00
$16.99 / $8.00
$19.99 / $10.00
$22.99 / $12.00
$24.99 / $13.00-$15.00
$26.99 / $17.00
$29.99 / $18.00
$32.99 / $20.00
$34.99 / $21.00-$22.00
$39.99-$44.99 / $22.00-$35.00
$49.99 / $35.00-38.00

Can't think of anything to pre-order? Here's some ideas that are in the system... Credit to spin 03 and ksuwild25

Note on Game Rush release dates...keeping checking throughout Tuesday and Wednesday as thats when Game Rush gets games usually - never ever trust the Game Rush computer as it still goes by the Blockbuster date for traditional stores to receive their rental games (which is typically Friday).

Unreal Champ. 2 XB
Delta Force Black Hawk XB
Far Cry XB
Darkwatch XB/PS2
Area 51 XB/PS2
Warriors PS2
Dead to Rights II XB/PS2
Killer 7 GC
Destroy All Human PS2/XB
Forza Racing XB
Advent Rising XB
Star Wars Episode III PS2/XB
Conker XB
Jade Empire XB
Rainbox Six XB
Zelda GC
Batman Begins XB/PS2
GTA: SA XB
Madden 2006 XB/PS2
NCAA Footaball 2006
Kingdom Hearts 2 PS2
Final Fantasy XII PS2
Battelfied XB/PS2
Starcraft XB/PS2
Fantastic Four XB/PS2
Hitman Blood Money PS2/XB
Mortal Kombat Shoalin Monk PS2/XB
RE 4 PS2
Gran Turismo PSP
Grand Theft Auto PSP
Socom III (PS2)
Quake IV (PS2/Xbox)
Sid Meir's Pirates (Xbox)
Fire Emblem (GC)
Geist (GC)
The Godfather (PS2/Xbox)

OTHER INFO

I consider deals confirmed when I receive the MAP on every other Thursday. The Map outlines promos and how the store is to be layed out and includes the barcodes for the deals. Also we get the new trade flyers that day as well with new trade values and deals.

Deals usually end on close of business on Monday and begin on open Tuesday (some special ones do start on Thursday usually around labor day, memorial day, etc.)

They also have coupons in magazines for great deals, so be sure to check EGM, GamePro, and several other magazines.

GameRush is starting to expand, so check the store locator every once in awhile to see if one is coming to an area near you.

All BlockBuster's should now accept trades, so the trade in prices for BB and GR should be similar, but normal BBs will not always have the deals that GameRush has.

GameRush accepts game trades without case and instructions and the games can be in poor condition depending on the employee.

You must have a BB account and sign a trade agreement to trade at GameRush.

Please be careful if you scam GameRush (by flipping games) they do have the abillity to ban you from all GameRush locations if they want to (and as I have done but that was only because I was tired of crap PS1...).

Release dates - Go by the shipping date. 9 times out of 10 it is not what the Blockbuster computer says. The computer date is when traditional stores can expect to receive their rental games.

Game Rush receives games typically on Tuesday and Wednesday of the games release. Only reason EB and Gamestop get them a day before is because they get special shipments or their dm picks the games up and brings back that evening (or they are near distribution centers).

Some games have street dates but this is few and far between (outrun 2, halo 2, star wars episode 3, doom 3 are it in the past 6 months).

OTHER GAMERUSH THREADS

Don't seem to be working anymore...I will put them back up on request(pm) or if they become live again.

Credits

sj41 and waffles 'n' syrup (same person)- Original creator and maintainer of the other GameRush threads. He has made most of the things in this post.
Wshakspear- Told CAG about GameRush.
CoryCubed- Manager at a GameRush that has given us several updates on the deals and other information about GameRush. He will now take place of me (sj41) as the GameRush OP.
drfrielgood- GameRush employee that has been updating us on GameRush information constantly.
Zon27- Nearly every week he has typed and posted the latest trade in prices. Thanks for doing all you can to help us out, even though you're not a GameRush employee.
And everyone else who has contributed to this thread. Thanks guys! :)

I have totally got some sweet stuff because of this deal....

I didn't flip and tried to trade in all good games...but after some driving and deal hunting I managed to get a PSP, 3 PSP games, Unreal Championship 2, Dragonball Z Budokai 3, Halo (new) and Chappelle Show Season 2 New and I still have 75 dollars left in credit. The total out of pocket Cash for all of this is about 140 dollars.

I traded in 6 of the King Of Fighters games that I purchased at Meijers and paid about $75 + tax for the PSP system. I just went to 5 different Blockbusters to do all of the trades, used friends to trade some for me and made sure all credit was on a Value Card.

Thanks to everyone who kept this thread updated because this definitely made an otherwise shitty week really sweet.

[quote name='electroslag']I have work to do. You nerds can have your lonely cyber world back.

P.S. don't forget to look on Ebay for great game deals![/QUOTE]

And yet, at 1:53 AM Pacific time, I see you are still online at CAG :D

[quote name='ramprider0']Yeah around here no one has Area 51 preowned! I think its suprising because Area 51 isn't an awesome game so it seems like someone would have traded one in by now.[/QUOTE]

Same here, but for ALL stores.. i've asked around, no one's gotten used copies of that or Pariah.. very odd.. I did see a used Psychonauts today, though..

[quote name='io']Hey, I can help on Madden 2004 for PS2 - just did it about 2 hours ago.

Are you ready?

Are you REALLY ready to hear this?

Wait for it.......................................

$1.50

Also traded Batman Sin Tzu and that got $5.

I confirmed that the following are NOT in the preorder system as of Tues: Burnout Legends (PSP), Star Wars Battlefront 2 (PSP), Mario Baseball, Mario Strikers, and Okami (PS2). I preordered Star Wars Battlefront 2 for PS2 as I'm worried about the whole deal being cancelled soon. I never even played the first one but I figured if I didn't want it I can shift it to one of the Mario games later.

I also snagged their one and only copy of Star Wars Ep III for the DS for a whopping $39.99 (using trade credit of course). I guess I could have scrounged up 2 more games and got it for $30 but I wasn't sure if it would last too long. Last time I was there they told me they couldn't sell me the 1 copy they had - so I snagged it while I could. Felt wierd paying so much though :D - I haven't paid over $30 there for anything since the EyeToy I picked up in Feb. I also bought a few other new games so I burned quite a bit of my credit.

OK, here's the wierd thing. I tried to ask about double-dipping on the trade 3 for a $5 PO and trade 2 for $29.99 new/preoders. The girl who helped me couldn't get that far though as she started to tell me about the new restrictions put in place by the new manager. Apparently the $5 bonus/2 for $29.99 double-dip got them in trouble (again, not sure who with). I was SOOOO tempted to tell her that this was quite common at GR all over the country but I didn't want to get into a discussion about it and reveal CAG (also didn't want to act like I was too knowledgeable about the deals - just nodded as she talked).

Anyway, the new restriction is that on the trade 3 for a $5 PO, the games you trade in have to add up to $30 in trade credit. I think the new manager (who I think is the one she asked about it - I figured it was a new DM that did this but I think now it is really just the guy they brought from a regular BB) doesn't fully understand the deal. First of all, right at the register they have the new flyers with the trade 3 for a $5 PO deal on it - with just the regular 2004 sports, etc, exclusions and, of course, nothing about the games having to add up to $30. The reason I think he is misunderstanding the deal is that I think he figures you trade the games in and just get the PO for $5, but don't get the trade credit. He said they WEREN'T (thankfully) requiring high-value trades on the 2 for $29.99 deal because in that case you just pay the difference in cash ("yeah, OK", I'm thinking...). So I don't know WHAT is going on with them. It seems like this new guy is second-guessing even the standard deals. In any case, I didn't even bother asking about double-dipping on it after all that and just traded my 2 games and preordered SW Battlefront 2. I'm certainly glad they didn't modify the trade 2 for preorder deal though - my heart sank when she started talking about new restrictions and I thought for sure it would involve that deal.

So, echoing hd2k (to the guy complaining about bar codes and the like), be happy you have the ability to say "one of my GR's". We have just the one and are at the mercy of their manager-of-the-month. Maybe another employee shuffle will send us a different one, but that one might be even worse. The one good thing about this new guy is I don't think he follows the trade stuff too closely (ie, his strange responses about the deals) so I doubt he'll be going through and looking for people to ban on a whim (not that I've done anything bannable). And, also as hs2k says, you can always try a local BB. The one near me seems to have the deal running (no signs but confirmed with the manager in person today) and seems to have normal exclusions.

Edit: The more I think about what they told me the stranger it seems. I certainly understand the concept behind what the manager was saying - they wanted $30 worth of games to give you the other one PO cheap. Makes sense - they wouldn't want 2 Project Eden's and a Red Faction for their $44.99 Starfox Assault (only one I saw at that price). However, this is not what is stated on the flyers right at the register. However, it SEEMS that they THINK the flier implies this. In fact, they told me to take a flyer when they were describing the restrictions. I guess he just figures he isn't going to give away expensive games for cheap trade-ins - but it is kind of funny if he thinks that is the way the deal is supposed to work, according to the flyer. In other words, they didn't approach it like these were ADDITIONAL restrictions just in that store - they thought it worked that way. Which now explains why the girl prefaced this whole thing by saying how they got in trouble before for not doing deals correctly (ie, double-dipping). They think they aren't ALLOWED to take just any 3 games. Oh well...[/QUOTE]

I think they need to get someone from corporate out to that store to teach people how to run the deals correctly... they cost the store money by doing trades incorrectly before, and now they're likely chase customers away with a stupid restriction that doesn't really exist.

[quote name='Scorch']Same here, but for ALL stores.. i've asked around, no one's gotten used copies of that or Pariah.. very odd.. I did see a used Psychonauts today, though..[/QUOTE]

I'm shocked about Pariah. Most of the GR around me in the MI area have copies of them. I would not recommend that game.

[quote name='jkircos']I'm shocked about Pariah. Most of the GR around me in the MI area have copies of them. I would not recommend that game.[/QUOTE]

Yep. Multiple copies of Area 51 are around too.

[quote name='io']Plus if my GR really wants to enforce that $30 trade in value for the trade 3 get a $5 PO, I might be able to put this together with the FFCC I got from EB for $9.99 and a cheaper game to hit their threshold.[/QUOTE]

As I'd mentioned in an earlier post, if you're looking for things that are worth a little more that trade in for about what they sell for at EB/GS, Ghost in the Shell and Inu Yasha for PS2 both sell for around ~$18 used before discounts and trade in for $20/$18 respectively.

[quote name='swetooth9']for trade-in deals, do they track what you trade in like EB does?[/QUOTE]

yes, it used to be store to store only now they are all networked together. They are watching YOU.;)

The GameRush/BB stores in Los Angeles are still honoring the trade 3 in get a used for $5. They also are running the buy 2 get one free. The trade in 3+ for extra $5 per title is off. If you got some cheap old games that are not sports and before 2004 it's worth it to get an expensive used title. I also did the following. To maximize the trade in get a used for $5, you can go in and get the cheap $6.99 titles they have and first do the buy 2 get one free which is $14.00. I got Brute Force, Amped, and Project Gotham Racing. A few hours later, I took off all stickers and walked back in with the same games and got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory previously played @ $44.99 for $5.00. $19.00 total for $44.99 used title.

I used some old games to also get Doom 3 for $5.00 and GTA San Andreas for $5.00. It's a good deal if you can find a gamerush/bb that has good stock in used games. I luckily have 3 stores within 7-8 miles of each other so I just cruise each one trying to find the best titles.

[quote name='avsforsberg21']The GameRush/BB stores in Los Angeles are still honoring the trade 3 in get a used for $5. They also are running the buy 2 get one free. The trade in 3+ for extra $5 per title is off. If you got some cheap old games that are not sports and before 2004 it's worth it to get an expensive used title. I also did the following. To maximize the trade in get a used for $5, you can go in and get the cheap $6.99 titles they have and first do the buy 2 get one free which is $14.00. I got Brute Force, Amped, and Project Gotham Racing. A few hours later, I took off all stickers and walked back in with the same games and got Splinter Cell Chaos Theory previously played @ $44.99 for $5.00. $19.00 total for $44.99 used title.

I used some old games to also get Doom 3 for $5.00 and GTA San Andreas for $5.00. It's a good deal if you can find a gamerush/bb that has good stock in used games. I luckily have 3 stores within 7-8 miles of each other so I just cruise each one trying to find the best titles.[/QUOTE]

How many times will people post this as fact. We have known this for a long time now but thanks for the info.

[quote name='swetooth9']for trade-in deals, do they track what you trade in like EB does?[/QUOTE]

In Los Angeles, I have done the buy 2 get 1 free deal twice and turned around to trade them in for the trade 3 and get a pre-owned for $5 twice using the same titles.

A buddy of mine turned me on to this deal as he did the same at other GR/BB locations in Los Angeles.

It is my understanding that they are networked but you can't use accounts in one store with another. As far as the keeping track of what you buy and sell, they can see everything but you are not doing anything illegal. If you read the fine print, it says nothing about buying or trading the same title back to the store.

This of course could change in the future. I stay away for EB Games and Game Stop as they give you far less value than Game Rush and they are more strict with the trade ins like scratches, original case, instructions, etc.

I live in plano tx and yesterday i was trying to trade in 2 copies of papermario 2 copies of nhl 2004 bmx and star-ocean, because i already had a BB card and it didn't work at that GR, I insisted to start a new account, they let me but they also said it in front of my face "put no trade on his account" and the manager was trying to ask me wat another GR i go in to trade games in order to suspend me on every GR... this is the first time ever i tried to trade.. and i didn't violate any policy or flip... how can they do that to me? I have all the money on the value card can they take the credit away?

Also the metroplex down here has all different kind of policies it's so weird, one of them wont take 2004 sports game and one of them will only allow 1 trade 3 for 1 deal a week and you cant trade in the same game? What is really going on with blockbuster? I also read the the last couple link and it saids that all the blockbuster are lnked. But apparently they dont see that because i can still trade in games in some GR and blockbusters around my house. I am so confused on how their system works...

[quote name='uzumaki_star']How many times will people post this as fact. We have known this for a long time now but thanks for the info.[/QUOTE]

Sorry if it's a repost of old info. I was trying to let anybody in the Los Angeles area know what deals were still up.

[quote name='avsforsberg21']Sorry if it's a repost of old info. I was trying to let anybody in the Los Angeles area know what deals were still up.[/QUOTE]

he/she was not talking about the LA info thing...he/she was talkin about the whole idea of trading in really cheap games and getting a really new game...everyone knows that and i guess since that is usually how people use this deal :)

[quote name='swetooth9']he/she was not talking about the LA info thing...he/she was talkin about the whole idea of trading in really cheap games and getting a really new game...everyone knows that and i guess since that is usually how people use this deal :)[/QUOTE]

You should read my posts first. I was posting information about GR/BB stores in Los Angeles. I put the deals I got as an example but I also put in tips and info regarding the deals for Los Angeles stores.

I put up a post to try and help out but two people don't like it. Don't worry, I won't bother with putting up anymore posts.:applause:

[quote name='CoryCubed']On the one missing a barcode was it a Not for Resale game? I know some managers are picky about that. Me I don't care, but on the double game ones I can only take it as one title otherwise its a major inventory hassle.[/QUOTE]

No it was actually NFL Street 2, I bought it and sent in for a rebate from EA. I understand the Not for Resale angle, as that was the reason I was given along time ago for not being able to trade the Clone Wars / Tetris combo disks.

I will try to trade it without the cover next week, it stopped me from picking up MVP BaseBall for PSP, so I was fairly irritated last night !!

[quote name='h2dk']:applause::applause::applause:

That is a great attitude to have. You could always choose to take your business elsewhere. Try regular Blockbusters, the ones I have been to all have the trade 3 get 1 deal going on. (Although a girl at one tonight insisted it was trade 1 get 1. I did however point out the 30+ signs in the store that said otherwise. On top of that, the manager tried to give me an extra $5 per game traded in as well.. I had to set her straight too)

At least you can say "one of my GR's", there is only 1 in Oregon and it's 30 miles away.[/QUOTE]

Sorry to hear about your lack of GR's, but it sounds like they are stocking your BB's with the cream of the crop of high school dropouts :)

I just wish they would stop making new rules every five minutes, the manager there is so inflexible, she makes up new rules based upon her level of PMS. I was told by another manager at a different store, that she is well known for being a bitch.

O well, I'll just have to keep track of my trades at this store even more carefully.

I have found Star Wars Republic Commando, Timesplitters 3, Mercanaries and Winning Eleven 8 (only 32.99 used, but I have been looking for one for quite awhile) at local BBs that I ended up getting for $5, but titles over $40 are rare (unless you count the games whos prices haven't been readjusted... i.e. Mechassault II for $45, trades for $14). I have yet to be too cheap on my trade ins. I am unloading most of my collection to prepay for Xbox 360. I am at $250 right now with a dozen or so more to go. Also have 12 preorders, some of which I will try to convert into 360 games.

[quote name='io']OKAY - new question. It is not on the latest flyer, so does anyone know what Paper Mario for GC gets? [/QUOTE]

I got $25 for it two days ago.

I'd rattle off the other prices I got for other games, but the receipt they gave me didn't list them.

[quote name='h2dk']I have found Star Wars Republic Commando, Timesplitters 3, Mercanaries and Winning Eleven 8 (only 32.99 used, but I have been looking for one for quite awhile) at local BBs that I ended up getting for $5, but titles over $40 are rare (unless you count the games whos prices haven't been readjusted... i.e. Mechassault II for $45, trades for $14). I have yet to be too cheap on my trade ins. I am unloading most of my collection to prepay for Xbox 360. I am at $250 right now with a dozen or so more to go. Also have 12 preorders, some of which I will try to convert into 360 games.[/QUOTE]

wait..you can use this trade 3 and 5 bucks deal towards a xbox 360??? how?

I think what he means is he's using the trade 2, get a preorder for $29.99. He wants to transfer the $50 in credit on those games towards an XBOX 360. I don't think it works that way.

[quote name='swetooth9']wait..you can use this trade 3 and 5 bucks deal towards a xbox 360??? how?[/QUOTE]

I think what he means is, he is trading in games, building up credit on a value card so when the pre-orders are available he can buy one.

So, say you trade 3 games in for a credit of like $30. Buy a pre-played for $5, but you still have $25 credit. Some will go so far as to take the pre-played game and try to flip it to get more credit and so on and on. Be advised though flipping is dangerous and frowned upon.

Some Trade-in values: (at Blockbuster for Xbox) This might help those that are looking to get the best value out of their $5 game

Band of Brothers $30
UC 2 $35
Jade Empire $30
KOTOR II $18
Mechassault II $14
Bards Tale $14
POP Warrior Within $14
NBA 2K5 $8
Republic Commando $30
Timesplitters 3 $25
Mercenariers $30
Winning Eleven 8 $18
DOA: U $20
Links 2004 $7

Some I traded in, others I inquired about. Some stores will give trade-in value over the phone, others won't. Remember, trade values change on Tuesdays, so use this info accordingly:)

To clarify my earlier post: I am building credit towards a 360. I have/had a bunch of top trade value games that I am not currently playing that are being traded. Technically it might be considered flipping if I trade in my copy of Republic Commando at Gamerush. A few days later I take three games to Blockbuster to trade in and the only worthwhile game (over $40) available is Republic Commando. I grab it, hold onto it for a week and then trade it into another blockbuster, hoping to get something that I want.

There was also talk on here (somewhere) about being able to change your preorders to 360 games (if they come in at $50). (Aren't there some games already in the system that can be preordered? If so, I could change my preorder of GTA to Doom 4 or whatever else is in the system.) Plus, the dozen games I have on preorder can easily be traded in for $30 or more each, so if nothing else I can convert that credit into 360 games.

[quote name='sirinam']Anyone knows the value for trade in of Beyond Godd and Evil (PS2) and Ribbit King?[/QUOTE]

Ribbit King is another one of the lucrative $1.50 titles :D
I'm assuming BG&E is also $1.50 but that I don't know for sure (and I'd like to know also because I can probably get another at Best Buy).

Traded:

ESPN Basketball(xbox)
Max Payne 2 (xbox) - No instructions
Primal (PS2)
Twisted Metal: Black (PS2)
Slipheed (PS2)
BeachSpikers (GCN)

Got: Gran Turismo 4(PS2) and Mario Tennis (GCN)....I had to throw in an extra $2.08 though, because the highest trade amount was $3.00 on TM:B.

[quote name='io']Ribbit King is another one of the lucrative $1.50 titles :D
I'm assuming BG&E is also $1.50 but that I don't know for sure (and I'd like to know also because I can probably get another at Best Buy).[/QUOTE]

BG&E got me $5, this was 2 weeks ago, and yeah the PS2 version is 9.99 at Best Buy...

[quote name='maccabee72']Traded:

ESPN Basketball(xbox)
Max Payne 2 (xbox) - No instructions
Primal (PS2)
Twisted Metal: Black (PS2)
Slipheed (PS2)
BeachSpikers (GCN)

Got: Gran Turismo 4(PS2) and Mario Tennis (GCN)....I had to throw in an extra $2.08 though, because the highest trade amount was $3.00 on TM:B.[/QUOTE]

How much did you get for Beach spikers?

[quote name='dinovelvet']How much did you get for Beach spikers?[/QUOTE]

It was only a $1.00 or $1.50. I thought it might get a little more, but I was wrong:(

I apologize, as these questions may have been asked sometime in the past. I didn't seem to find anything with a search, so here goes.

After reading the fine print on the Blockbuster website, I am a bit confused. If I traded in 3 games, would I get the option to buy a PO game for $5 AND get credit for the games? For example, if the 3 games would normally trade in for a total of $30, would I get those $30 in credit, plus the option to buy a PO game for $5? Also, would I be able to use that credit to buy the PO game, ending up with $25 credit?

I would also assume that you have to use that $5 option at the time of trade, right? For example, if I didn't like any of the PO games they had at the time, I couldn't just trade in the titles, and get a sort of "raincheck" to use later on?

Sorry for all the questions. This is a very interesting deal. :)

yes to $5 game plus you get the trade-in credit... no to raincheck as it rings up in the computer with the 3 games traded in. In other words, you have to trade in three at the time you purchase one for $5 in order for it to ring up correctly in the computer. You might find a manager/employee that will give you a "raincheck" and then override it in the system when you make your purchase. You could always ask them.

[quote name='$hady']yes, it used to be store to store only now they are all networked together. They are watching YOU.;)[/QUOTE]

Is this true? When did the switch happen?

[quote name='doubledown']Any part # for the XBOX 360 system in the GameRush computers yet? I'm going to trade in 3 mroe tomorrow[/QUOTE]

sadly, i called my GR today, and nothing. i have a bunch of games to trade (2 copies of chaos theory, madagascar, star ocean, eternal ring, and PPG:relish rampage) and i really want to preorder some next gen games, but i am afraid the prices will drop, so i have to bite the bullet, and trade them now. my gamerush lets me double dip, so i will preorder killer 7, destroy all humans, and another xbox game, and pick up midnight club 3 and UC2 for 5 each. im hoping madagascar gets 18 so i will at least break even. next time i go to GR, ill trade UC2, MC3, advent rising (once i get and beat it), and twisted metal head on. ill wait until i can preorder 2 next gen games. im going to move my madden preorder to xbox 360, cancel quake 4 and use that money to preorder call of duty 2, and then preorder perfect dark 0 and ghost recon 3. only other launch game i really want is kameo.

does echo night still get 25? my gamestop has a used copy for 18, and if i get make 7 bucks profit, thats a great game to trade.

[quote name='camelking6969']my gr has beyond good and evil new for9.99 but used for16.99, so i bought 3 new and used each on a trade 3 deal[/QUOTE]

And you wonder why they ban you....sheesh

Sucks about no XBOX 360 system/games yet....I will probably switch some of my pre-orders over when they are available. Like Madden 2006 and Rainbow Six Lockdown (if it ever comes out ;) )

[quote name='doubledown']And you wonder why they ban you....sheesh

Sucks about no XBOX 360 system/games yet....I will probably switch some of my pre-orders over when they are available. Like Madden 2006 and Rainbow Six Lockdown (if it ever comes out ;) )[/QUOTE]

i hope my gamerush lets me (they give me 50+tax for each game, so if next gen games are 60, only 10 more bucks.) i wont be picking up quake 4, battlefield 2, madden 2006, darkwatch, call of dut big red one, rainbow six 4 lockdown, and maybe far cry instincts. games i want to preorder for xbox 360:

madden 2006
kameo
ghost recon 3
gears of war
call of duty 2
perfect dark 0
halo 3
project gotham racing 3
and maybe a few others.

i am really hoping my GR has a used UC2. my friend has been wanting to pick it up, and he will happily give me 45 for it if i can get it. spend 5 in credit, get 45 in cash. not bad. trying to think of what to preorder. POing killer 7 and DAH! for sure. might just preorder another copy of GTA:San Andreas or GTA:pSP.

does GR have ninja gaiden black in the system yet? really want to get it. it might be at a budget price though.

[quote name='Saucy Jack']I apologize, as these questions may have been asked sometime in the past. I didn't seem to find anything with a search, so here goes.

After reading the fine print on the Blockbuster website, I am a bit confused. If I traded in 3 games, would I get the option to buy a PO game for $5 AND get credit for the games? For example, if the 3 games would normally trade in for a total of $30, would I get those $30 in credit, plus the option to buy a PO game for $5? Also, would I be able to use that credit to buy the PO game, ending up with $25 credit?

I would also assume that you have to use that $5 option at the time of trade, right? For example, if I didn't like any of the PO games they had at the time, I couldn't just trade in the titles, and get a sort of "raincheck" to use later on?

Sorry for all the questions. This is a very interesting deal. :)[/QUOTE]

Yes you would receive the $30 in credit. Yes you would have to use the $5 option when you trade in the 3 games but you don't have to use your credit with the transaction. You could pay the 5 dollars out of pocket if you wish.

[quote name='spin03']sadly, i called my GR today, and nothing. i have a bunch of games to trade (2 copies of chaos theory, madagascar, star ocean, eternal ring, and PPG:relish rampage) and i really want to preorder some next gen games, but i am afraid the prices will drop, so i have to bite the bullet, and trade them now. my gamerush lets me double dip, so i will preorder killer 7, destroy all humans, and another xbox game, and pick up midnight club 3 and UC2 for 5 each. im hoping madagascar gets 18 so i will at least break even. next time i go to GR, ill trade UC2, MC3, advent rising (once i get and beat it), and twisted metal head on. ill wait until i can preorder 2 next gen games. im going to move my madden preorder to xbox 360, cancel quake 4 and use that money to preorder call of duty 2, and then preorder perfect dark 0 and ghost recon 3. only other launch game i really want is kameo.

does echo night still get 25? my gamestop has a used copy for 18, and if i get make 7 bucks profit, thats a great game to trade.[/QUOTE]

I know madagascar gets 20, and star ocean gets 8. not sure about echo night, also i want do know does NFS Underground for xbox trade for 25?

[/QUOTE]

took the words out of my mouth.

Sucks about no XBOX 360 system/games yet....I will probably switch some of my pre-orders over when they are available. Like Madden 2006 and Rainbow Six Lockdown (if it ever comes out ;) )[/QUOTE]

didnt use all three at one deal

Status
Not open for further replies.
bread's done
Back