Bloodborne - The Old Hunters - November 24th, 2015

Alpha has been great so far. Just to let people know how to enter co-op, press touchpad then use lulling bell to summon people to your world or small resonant bell to bring you to other worlds.

Last edited by a moderator:
Alpha has been great so far. Just to let people know how to enter co-op, press touchpad then use lulling bell to summon people to your world or small resonant bell to bring you to other worlds.
Nice, I always wished there was a way for the summoner to ask for help instead of relying on people to put their signs down.

The Alpha is short after completing it, basically the Gamescom/TGS demo. No bonfires/checkpoints in the area, but there are two shortcuts to help speed through the level from when you start out. Die and you will be returned to the beginning. There was only one NPC in the game, didn't speak though, and he just provided backup against two enemies. Alpha doesn't really end even after defeating the Cleric Beast and there are four "characters" to try out based on weapon selection.

My favorite setup so far is the blunderbuss, sword, & kickhammer. It really demolishes everything easily once you know enemy move sets. If there was PvP in this then I would switch over to the pistol & Hunter's axe for a good mix of power, speed, and range. Other than that, I have been having fun with gun ripostes.  :D

oo-OO-oo, [customspoiler='minor video spoiler']"Umbasa,"[/customspoiler] interesting possible story connection, perhaps there is a greater reason why this is a PS4 exclusive.
When I went through the battle myself, I figured it was just fan service and nothing more.

Bloodborne to Have Variations of Time and Weather In-Game, But Won’t be in Real-Time - psl

During last week’s GameStart gaming convention in Singapore, Masaaki Yamagiwa from Sony’s Japan Studio — who’s also one of the producers of Bloodborne – confirmed (via a translator) that there is indeed a variation of time in the game. However, it won’t be in real-time as some might have hoped.

It’s not like it happens in real-time when you play, the sun goes down or something like that. It doesn’t happen. But yes, when you play through the story, there are variations of the weather and the time.

In another part of the interview, Yamagiwa mentioned that they are aiming for 1080p resolution with 30fps (frames-per-second) in Bloodborne given its game design.

Bloodborne Update: Now Launching March 24th

Dear community,

It is with regret that I must inform you that Bloodborne will be slightly delayed.

While development continues unabated, we would like our team to deliver the best possible final experience. We were gratified by the feedback and data we received from those who participated in our limited Alpha test. The extra production time will also allow us to better integrate these learnings.

Bloodborne is now set to launch in North America exclusively on PS4 on March 24th, 2015.

Please look forward to some exciting Bloodborne news in early December. Thank you very much for your continued support.

-Masaaki Yamagiwa on Nov 12, 2014 // Producer, Sony Computer Entertainment Japan Studio

With so many games already being released in February, i'm glad Bloodborne got pushed back a bit.  Plus, the more time they take on the game, the better it most likely will be. 

New Bloodborne Weapon and Hunter Emerge

28sykiw.jpg

Gyula, an old veteran hunter who is said to possess amazing skill. No one has seen him in many years, since he ventured into the old part of Yharnam, deserted and burned to the ground after the plague of the beast took its toll there long ago. You just may run into Gyula when you venture into the old part of the city.

2q2h30j.jpg

Each weapon offers players a unique play style and strategy to leverage Bloodborne’s more pro-active combat style, light/heavy and short/long range combo system, and Regain System for earning back health during intense combat. Here’s one more weapon you’ll be able to wield: the transforming cane. In its standard form, it’s a melee weapon for short range attacks. Like many of the other weapons in Bloodborne, however, this weapon can also transform into a deadly heavy or long range weapon as well, making it a devastating bladed whip.

2r2lp4l.jpg

Deep under the city of Yharnam lies an expansive network of multi-leveled ruins, seemingly much older than Yharnam itself and crafted by something other than human hands. What’s more, these ruins appear differently to each hunter brave enough to enter. 

so... maybe I haven't been following it as well but do you turn into a demon in this one to fight others? @2:29 or is that a boss?

On How the Hell Multiplayer Works

Multiplayer has always been a bit of a mystery in the Souls games. In light of recent trailers that showcased three human players teaming up to fight a single boss, fans theorized that there might be a more streamlined, jump into a friend’s game kind of multiplayer this time around. Well, that’s not the case, as Miyazaki clarified. “You still have to go through the matchmaking process. However, there is a workaround where you can use keywords or a secret word and share them with friends. And of course, you can use Chalice Dungeons where you can share your chalice Dungeon with a limited number of friends.”

Bloodborne has Shields, Sony’s Japan Studio Confirmed

Sony’s Japan Studio has just confirmed to IGN that Bloodborne will have in-game shields, helping thousands of fans sleep better at night. When Bloodborne was firstly announced, everybody noticed that the game is a bit more fast paced compared to previous Souls titles. After fans weren’t able to spot any shield in any of the previously released gameplay videos, panic started between hardcore fans.

How it’s possible for Bloodborne to not have shields? Fortunately, that’s not the case. However, Masaaki Yamagiwa, producer at Sony’s Japan Studio, told IGN that using shields is not as easy and beneficial as in previous titles.

“There are shields in the game. However if you’re always standing back and guarding, you’ll die very quickly. So you have to incorporate it into your strategy of how you play and fight.” he stated.

“We wanted these encounters and battles to be so intense that If you just stand and wait, you’ll get overwhelmed and killed right away. We wanted to encourage players to not hide and wait, but instead be more aggressive and pro-active in battle.” he continued.

The multiplayer will be like dark souls?
From what I remember in a video from several months ago it is similar, but with a small difference. In dark souls humans have to wait for hollows to put down a sign in order for them to be summoned by the host. In Bloodborne there are two bells, you ring Bell A and it opens your game for people to enter and matches you with people who want to coop in your world. You ring Bell B, and it looks for games who have recently rung Bell A so that you can join their game.

I have a ton of friends who have been saying I should get into streaming because I play games like a job already and that I am always super fun and lively when talking about them and so this actually will be my first game I stream all the way through. You know with the whole 0-1 watchers as I start out haha But I figured if there ever were a game to start it would be this because it is fairly popular now and it is something I never get bored with : P

I have a ton of friends who have been saying I should get into streaming because I play games like a job already and that I am always super fun and lively when talking about them and so this actually will be my first game I stream all the way through. You know with the whole 0-1 watchers as I start out haha But I figured if there ever were a game to start it would be this because it is fairly popular now and it is something I never get bored with : P
Good luck Broly its hard to become a streamer. Unless you have a lot of people host you that have a lot of subs and or a popular Youtube channel to bring over fans.

Good luck Broly its hard to become a streamer. Unless you have a lot of people host you that have a lot of subs and or a popular Youtube channel to bring over fans.
Hah yeah I know it is tough. I actually am looking at building a following for my art soon once I have time to devote. I am likely to quit my job once I finish up my Masters and just focus literally on art and making a kickass reel. I figured for my relax time, I will want to game and so I might as well try to start a Twitch. The two of them coincide in terms of followers and so I have been trying to figure out a way to kind of break in there. I have a few people with popular artist and actually action figure reviewers that I am looking to branch off from with their support and see where it takes me. The Twitch thing is pretty much just a side thing to get myself out there more on the internet and the focus is still on my art.

Regardless of it all... I just want to play Bloodbourne hahah

Bloodborne’s online features fully detailed

Co-Op

Up to three players can group up together online, with the objective being to defeat the boss in the area (guest players receive a word upon success).

A game is started when the host player uses the “Hunter Calling Bell” item to call other hunters. Likewise, the guest players use the “Resonant Bell” item to join another person’s game. Once connected, the host and guests play together in the host’s game instance.

A session will end if either the host or the guests die, or if a “Separating Shot” is used to retreat back to one’s own game. Matchmaking is done automatically, but passwords can be set to ensure the right players group together as needed. Passwords can be up to eight characters and are only used for co-op play.

Additionally, "A newly introduced feature is the “Watchword.” Players will be able to set a password of up to eight characters, and they will be matched automatically with others that have set the same password. This will help in playing with friends, but it won’t work in PvP."

Player-versus-Player
Player-versus-Player, or PvP, matches are one-on-one bouts that take place in pre-determined areas. The player being invaded is the host, while the aggressor is the guest.

A match is started when the guest uses the “Ominous Resonant Bell” item to invade a user’s game. The host has either started a co-op session or used an Ominous Resonant Bell as well to trigger the appearance of a Bell Chiming Woman. The guest proceeds to invade the host’s game instance, where the two duke it out.

The rules are simple. The host can be invaded when they’re in areas with the Bell Chiming Women, who normally appear either as part of c-op play or when an Ominous Resonant Bell is used (though there are occasionally areas where she’s just present in general from the start), an guest can return back to their own game once they’ve defeated the host (or have been defeated by the host). Killing the host will grant them a reward.

A session will also end if the host enters a boss room, or if a Separating Shot is used to return the guest player to his own game.

Asynchronous Multiplayer
Blooborne also has asynchronous online element. Players can leave hints and messages for other players in other game worlds. Graves are erected where players have fallen in the game world, and touching them replays how they died. And players can see phantom images of other players running around in the same areas for a limited amount of time. 

Chalice Dungeon
Chalice Dungeons are split into two types: normal and randomly generated. Both can be played offline and online, but random ones require connecting to the internet once in order to connect to a server and download data. Players’ Chalice Dungeons can be publicly accessible and shared online.

Updates
An update will go live on release day, which will include online optimizations, enhanced game performance and usability, and a few other things.

PlayStation Plus
Sony clarifies that PlayStation Plus is required for co-op and player-versus-player, but not required for downloading updates and getting the necessary data to generate a Chalice Dungeon

Check Out Bloodborne’s Free PS4 Theme from Sony

2ekir1y.jpg

The theme is static, and has no custom music or sound effects (it uses the stock PS4 ones).

North America: J4ND-DJNH-K3C7
Europe: PBGA-HJNC-LQ99

The codes are the same for every user within the same region, and they will be redeemable from tomorrow (March 11th) onwards. 

Currently live on EU store.

Hah yeah I know it is tough. I actually am looking at building a following for my art soon once I have time to devote. I am likely to quit my job once I finish up my Masters and just focus literally on art and making a kickass reel. I figured for my relax time, I will want to game and so I might as well try to start a Twitch. The two of them coincide in terms of followers and so I have been trying to figure out a way to kind of break in there. I have a few people with popular artist and actually action figure reviewers that I am looking to branch off from with their support and see where it takes me. The Twitch thing is pretty much just a side thing to get myself out there more on the internet and the focus is still on my art.

Regardless of it all... I just want to play Bloodbourne hahah
broly, what type of art do you do? i do a ton of video game art and sell at some conventions and what not

broly, what type of art do you do? i do a ton of video game art and sell at some conventions and what not
Nice! I am finishing up my Masters right now in Animation. I really like comic book style 2d hand drawn and digital sculpting. I am pretty new to all of this though. I originally went to school for medicine and then instead of applying to Med School I said eff it I love art and I never pursued it the way I wanted and now I am going to while I am young because I said so. : )

Listen up kids by the way, your parents LOVE that. Hahahah

Nice! I am finishing up my Masters right now in Animation. I really like comic book style 2d hand drawn and digital sculpting. I am pretty new to all of this though. I originally went to school for medicine and then instead of applying to Med School I said eff it I love art and I never pursued it the way I wanted and now I am going to while I am young because I said so. : )

I can only imagine going from Med to Art. Parents would flip their lid.

ah, i pixel paint. heres my facebook: https://www.facebook.com/8BitPixelPaintings

last year i was on kotaku cuz i did a 9 foot tall pixel painting of kefkas tower from FFVI

Am I the only one who keeps checking this thread simply because I am so stoked for this game? Hahah

I am finishing up my second to last quarter of my masters next week  (and the last one should be 10x easier than this one) and I have a bunch of personal things that are getting addressed finally this upcoming weekend and so Bloodbourne heralds a time of good vibes in my life and so yeah, I want it to be the 24... like now. : )

Bloodborne Gone Gold

From Software’s Bloodborne has finally Gone Gold, meaning the game has finished development and is ready and is being sent off for replication, packaging and shipment.

Bloodborne will have a New Game Plus mode

Bloodborne will have a New Game Plus mode, From Software has confirmed, alleviating concerns that the developer may be leaving the popular Souls mode out of the upcoming PS4 game.

"Yes. There will be a New Game Plus mode," director Hidetaka Miyazaki confirmed to MCV. "We're having trouble beating it, though."

Bloodborne Event: March 12th 2015

An event was held by Sony Computer Entertainment Asia to celebrate and excite fans about the upcoming release of Bloodborne. Keynotes included appearances by Sony and Fromsoftware staff, and beautiful displays and figurines showcasing the game.

A new trailer was also aired, that will be released to the public on March 13th.
Sony Computer Entertainment Japan’s president, Mr. Morita, stated that he wanted to showcase the capabilities of the PS4 and that Bloodborne was a key example of what could “only be achieved on Playstation 4″.

Bloodborne’s Director, Mr. Miyazaki, stressed the difficulties of development and the good coordination of From Software’s and Sony’s teams to produce a horrifying experience that he hopes the players will enjoy to the fullest.

A demonstration of Co-ooperative gameplay took place, piloted by Mr Kitao and Mr. Yamigawa. They highlighted the theme of the game, exploration and search while fighting to the death, and pointed to the new Chalice Dungeon mechanic, that allows players to interact with the game and each other in ways not possible in previous similar titles. The ritual performed created “Tohmel Ruins” division of the dungeon. The gameplay looked challenging and the audience quickly realized the game’s difficulted had not been reduced as the players died repeatedly during the demo and talked about the importance of player support and interaction for successful completions.

2iifozb.jpg

Sounds seems kind of weak in the trailer, like they recorded it with a microphone coming from speakers or something, weird.

Anyway, speaking of artwork, this was recently released in Edge magazine and I thought it was pretty awesome, a depiction of Lordran from Dark Souls 1.

Lordran_large.png

Yeah it seemed like it was filmed or something and not an official release for that last trailer. Looks awesome either way. Definitely seems like they are going for an even creepier vibe than they have with the Souls games in the past which should be interesting. And the more I see of the speedier combat the more excited I am for it.

AND THAT PICTURE LOOKS AMAZING. I want that as a print on my wall!

Yeah it seemed like it was filmed or something and not an official release for that last trailer.
It is the Japanese launch trailer. I put up that one since the official SonyJP one blocked viewing unless you signed in. I replaced with it a Gamespot upload though.

At first I was like... why am I watching this....?

AND THEN I REALIZED HE WAS USING THE FREAKING NINTENDO BONGO ACCESSORY! Holy shit. That is insane hahah

bread's done
Back