Bloodborne - The Old Hunters - November 24th, 2015

I'll admit I'm very late on wanting the Collector's Edition. Amazon does still have it available, but I'd prefer either ordering from Best Buy so GCU can bring it down to $65, or Wal-Mart so I can use my card. Both Best Buy and Wal-Mart are sold out online. My question is, will these come back in stock online, and will they be available in stores, or will they only have them for people that pre-ordered them? Thanks! 

Last edited by a moderator:
Depends, best buy "sold out" of the Dark Souls 2 collector's edition prior to launch but then had more available on the website a week or two after. Though it was a proper expensive CE, $120, whereas this was is only $20 more than the main game. All depends in what quantities they printed the CE.

Depends, best buy "sold out" of the Dark Souls 2 collector's edition prior to launch but then had more available on the website a week or two after. Though it was a proper expensive CE, $120, whereas this was is only $20 more than the main game. All depends in what quantities they printed the CE.
Thanks so much for your response. I do have one in my Amazon cart, just in case.

13 Hours!!

So it has decided to randomly become a freaking blizzard again here in Chicago and so I am definitely leaning towards calling in tomorrow and just not dealing with more snow and just chilling playing Bloodborne

Welp, Amazon is now sold out, so there goes my back-up plan. I assumed when you have something in your cart that it saves it. Guess not. In general, I feel stupid about this entire thing. I'm usually really good about this stuff (pre-ordering early, etc...). I'm just going to call some places tonight and wing-it tomorrow. I'll keep checking the websites as well. Lord knows I'm not about to pay eBay scalper prices for this.

Welp, Amazon is now sold out, so there goes my back-up plan. I assumed when you have something in your cart that it saves it. Guess not. In general, I feel stupid about this entire thing. I'm usually really good about this stuff (pre-ordering early, etc...). I'm just going to call some places tonight and wing-it tomorrow. I'll keep checking the websites as well. Lord knows I'm not about to pay eBay scalper prices for this.
That stinks. I didnt care this time around to get the CE. Games have to come with some pretty awesome stuff for me to get them that way now seeing as I am all digital.

Speaking of I came home from work and instantly checked on my download for Bloodborne... 21 more minutes... and then 3 hours and 40 minutes after that but still whatever I am excited.

That stinks. I didnt care this time around to get the CE. Games have to come with some pretty awesome stuff for me to get them that way now seeing as I am all digital.

Speaking of I came home from work and instantly checked on my download for Bloodborne... 21 more minutes... and then 3 hours and 40 minutes after that but still whatever I am excited.
Editions like these are the ones I usually go for, if not the regular version. Steelbooks, packaging, etc...

I'm not into the overly big and bulky sets. They don't fit on the shelves, take up a lot of space, and I usually have no use for the things that they come with.

Enjoy Bloodborne!

Editions like these are the ones I usually go for, if not the regular version. Steelbooks, packaging, etc...

I'm not into the overly big and bulky sets. They don't fit on the shelves, take up a lot of space, and I usually have no use for the things that they come with.

Enjoy Bloodborne!
I am the exact opposite : P

I usually need an artbook (real artbook not the mini crap) or statue to get me interested

I usually need an artbook (real artbook not the mini crap) or statue to get me interested
The artbook from the Dark Souls 2 Japan CE is a perfect example of what a proper artbook size should be for a CE.

This CE was worth the price of importing from Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6466lZglhI

The artbook from the Dark Souls 2 Japan CE is a perfect example of what a proper artbook size should be for a CE.

This CE was worth the price of importing from Japan.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6466lZglhI
That does look solid. I was somewhat disappointed in the Udon Dark Soul Design Works. I love using the art from all of From Software as inspiration/reference for my work and so now I am super intrigued at finding a copy of that book on eBay!

EDIT

$60+ ..... I will wait for it to be brought to the US like the first one : P

That does look solid. I was somewhat disappointed in the Udon Dark Soul Design Works. I love using the art from all of From Software as inspiration/reference for my work and so now I am super intrigued at finding a copy of that book on eBay!

EDIT

$60+ ..... I will wait for it to be brought to the US like the first one : P
I'm sure a lot of that art will be in Udon Design Works 2 artbook but the reason that one fetches good $ is that its exclusive to Japan's CE, I think its around 175 pages and top quality. The weapon set is also pretty damn nice and good quality.

The only big set I have is The Last Of Us Survival Edition. That's got a real nice big artbook.

I don't buy many Collector's Editions.

Bloodborne long load times will be addressed in the next patch

From Software: REGARDING LOAD TIMES

The development team is currently exploring another patch for Bloodborne, seeking ways to improve load time duration, in addition to other performance optimizations and miscellaneous bug fixes.

Will be picking this up from GameStop tomorrow. Unfortunately I'll probably have some errands to do for the rest of the day so I won't be playing until later that night.

Dem reviews  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:  :hot:

BB sent my CE out today with UPS ground so I won't be playing it until Wednesday even though I had expedited shipping on it.  :wall:

The wait is gonna kill me

Ugh...hadn't had my eye on this..but now?  I never did get into the Dark Souls games, but absolutely loved Lords of the Fallen, which from my understanding was Dark Souls "Lite."  My biggest concern is that I'll hit a brick wall in difficulty and just throw in the towel.  The game looks pretty interesting though.

this will be the first retail ps4 game i actually purchased since launch lol. all the others have been borrowed from friends, gamestop rentals, indie psn purchases or ps+ stuff

this will be the first retail ps4 game i actually purchased since launch lol. all the others have been borrowed from friends, gamestop rentals, indie psn purchases or ps+ stuff
I have had a couple myself but the longest I have had my PS4 on was playing Rogue Legacy or Nidhogg with buddies. Pretty much the only reason I bought a PS4 alongside my X1 was so that I was fully prepared for when Bloodborne came out : D My little PS4 finally has purpose in its life!!

I have had a couple myself but the longest I have had my PS4 on was playing Rogue Legacy or Nidhogg with buddies. Pretty much the only reason I bought a PS4 alongside my X1 was so that I was fully prepared for when Bloodborne came out : D My little PS4 finally has purpose in its life!!
ive played quite a bit on my ps4 but i hardly ever buy games outright. the only other game ill probably buy this year is arkham knight.

Don't have a PS4 yet, but I think if the CE comes back in stock and drops below MSRP on BB.com I'll probably pick it up before I buy the system. If not, I'll just wait until I get a PS4.

I've got my copy pre-ordered and ready for pick up at Best Buy. I am considering leaving work after lunch today to go home and play the game. 

So, all you people who have been up playing all night...what is the consensus on the game?
Started at 11pm and stayed playing until around 4:30am haha So glad I called in to work today : P

It is still as absolutely brilliant as the older titles in the series. The fast paced combat takes quite a bit of getting used to... and literally the last game I played was DmC Remastered haha it is just that with those controls and feel you are so accustomed to taking a much more slow methodical approach. Speaking of that then being able to regain health by quickly beating on enemies after you get hit really does change how you play the game drastically, especially bosses. Speaking of bosses... they too are crazy fast. The first one not so much, I beat that one first try. The second one, or who knows the second one I fought at least, was SUPER fast at one point and it meant I was always a hair away from killing him and he out of nowhere got me. That is the thing, even the larger enemies who you would assume to be very slow can all of a sudden haul ass and throw you off. Mind you this is a positive in my mind just tough!

I have not gotten any armor or weapon drops from enemies yet however and so I am not sure how I feel about that part yet. It seems like there are just a few weapons and that is it and you moreso focus on leveling up your main from the get go. With that the weapons and their transformations are AWESOME. They feel so fluid and control so perfectly, not to mention just look amazing. But yeah in terms of not getting different drops and what not I don't know. Part of the fun was grinding or going back to areas / bosses to get that amazing new weapon or armor. Perhaps that changes later but it seems so far that the armor and weapon variety is super limited which means all of us that play online will look pretty similar. Also to note, there is no equip burden so really the best armor seems like it will be the best armor no matter how you shake it since there is no sacrifice to put on heavier gear.

The game is visually stunning. Looking back at the previous three souls games they were gorgeous in their artistic direction whereas this is beautiful from both a design standpoint as well as the technical graphics. The blood and cloth simulation is pretty kickass and so all of your leather/cotton armors look and move REALLY beautifully.

Loading times definitely can be long which makes repeatedly facing death in a certain area becomes slightly more annoying than fun frustrating because now you realize after dying ten times in a row you just wasted about 5 minutes just watching the loading screen. In that same vein you cannot warp between lamps, but you can warp from any lamp to your "Firelink Shrine" and then from there go anywhere. Having shorter load times and the ability to go freely between lamps to avoid extra loading would be great.

So yeah everything AMAZING. Load times and quick travel - eh. Lack of variety in weapon and armor - jury is still out on this one until I get later in the game.

Quick question: Did anyone here order their copy of Bloodborne from Gamestop.com? I ordered a digital copy, but it didn't come with the preorder stuff (2 dlc+miniguide). Just wandering if anyone received theirs or had a similar problem.

They did such a fantastic job of modernizing the design. The Souls games always had these little quirks for flavor that fundamentally served no purpose, like NPCs selling a set of armor that's a straight-up downgrade to almost every class. Everything in Bloodborne feels so much more purposeful.

I'm loving it so much.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but there aren't any difficulty options are there?  I hate to miss out on a great game for such a stupid reason but I ain't got no time for crazy ass difficulty reminding me how much I suck at games.  Not sure why I even care really since The Show will own my soul next week.

I'm pretty sure I already know the answer to this, but there aren't any difficulty options are there? I hate to miss out on a great game for such a stupid reason but I ain't got no time for crazy ass difficulty reminding me how much I suck at games. Not sure why I even care really since The Show will own my soul next week.
Yeah no difficulty settings.

The first part of the game is pretty tough too if you arent accustomed to the Souls games. You can't level up or anything until you defeat the first boss. I got the boss itself first try but getting there alone was a pain in the ass with the roaming hoards of enemies all over.

That being said this game is most definitely worth your time. Best PS4 exclusive so far with little competition even this year hah

So.. I put in the code for the Top Hat.. it says it should be near the stump messenger. I do not see anything.

exited game.. still nothing. The game page shows I have it installed, where exactly is it?

and yeah... the game is no cakewalk.

Restored licenses 3-4 times and kept getting an error.

Completely shut PS4 down, got back into game... and it finally shows up.

bread's done
Back