Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

[quote name='Demolition Man']I just finished watching Scorch's Negativity. It started out funny but after the first 15 or so minutes it started to get old. However the scene where Scorch explained his addiction to correcting grammer on message forums then watching him cuss at his monitor repeatedly while doing said correcting certainly made up for all of that. Nice PQ quality and the DTS MA 7.1 track sounds nice too. The best thing about the Blu-Ray is the extras. Especially the commentary track with Scorch himself ripping the film apart since the filmmakers didn't depict him as well as he liked.

Overall worth a rental at least.[/quote]

:rofl:

------

Another reason why they're not a good idea...thread derailing...that's just my take, though I enjoyed Demo's review.

[quote name='Demolition Man']I just finished watching Scorch's Negativity. It started out funny but after the first 15 or so minutes it started to get old. However the scene where Scorch explained his addiction to correcting grammer on message forums then watching him cuss at his monitor repeatedly while doing said correcting certainly made up for all of that. Nice PQ quality and the DTS MA 7.1 track sounds nice too. The best thing about the Blu-Ray is the extras. Especially the commentary track with Scorch himself ripping the film apart since the filmmakers didn't depict him as well as he liked.

Overall worth a rental at least.[/quote]

That was beautiful, well played. That would easily be in my sig if it wasn't so long.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Umm....hi guys?[/quote]

I gave you a "welcome back" already. You just take me for granted! *sobs*

[quote name='LinkinPrime']4 Pack? TMNT I-III and TMNT (CGI)?[/quote]

If this is the case, the DVD's are getting sold, and this is being BOUGHT

EDIT: Seems to be the case

[quote name='WBShop']
DVD Collection Includes All 4 Films with Radical Extras and Collectibles! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time, and TMNT. Plus Awesome Collector's Items: Comic Book, Sketch with Co-Creator Peter Laird's Autograph, Radical Beanie Hat, 8 TMNT Character Cards, All 4 Movies! [/quote]

My lazy ass looked it up:

2279417.jpeg

Synopsis:

Cowabunga, Dudes! DVD Blu-Ray Collection Includes All 4 Films with Radical Extras and Collectibles! Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles II: The Secret of the Ooze, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles III: Turtles in Time, and TMNT. Plus Awesome Collector's Items: Comic Book, Sketch with Co-Creator Peter Laird's Autograph, Radical Beanie Hat, 8 TMNT Character Cards, All 4 Movies!
http://www.wbshop.com/Teenage-Mutan...ary/1000088416,default,pd.html?cgid=#FullDesc

Awesome cover art!

[quote name='aboveaveragewes']Wha...?[/quote]

My copy from amazon has a sticker on the front of the package which mentions a $10 rebate for owners of the DVD version.

I haven't cracked it open yet to get all the details on the offer.

[quote name='gunm']My copy from amazon has a sticker on the front of the package which mentions a $10 rebate for owners of the DVD version.

I haven't cracked it open yet to get all the details on the offer.[/quote]

Sweet... mine ships from them in a week or so, so this'll be a nice redemption offer.

Ok more details about the offer:

Applies to both Pretty Woman and Sin City.

Buy any version of Pretty Woman or Sin City on DVD plus the same film on Blu.

Requirements:

Proof-of-purchase tab or UPC from original, previously purchased DVD.
Proof-of-purchase tab or UPC from your NEW Blu-Ray version of the same movie.
Cash Register receipt from your NEW Blu-Ray purchase imprinted with store name and dated between 2/10/09 and 3/31/09 with purchase price circled (photocopies acceptable).
The original, hand-printed, completed certificate (included in the case, no photocopes allowed).
$10 rebate by mail, allow 6-8 weeks for check to arrive.

Blu-Ray $10 Upgrade Rebate Offer
P.O. Box 8077
Royal Oak, MI 48068-8077

Edit: Dang, it's been a long while since I busted out the DVD--I totally forgot there was a copy of the Sin City graphic novel in there!

Last edited by a moderator:
[quote name='Deadpool']Damn, i didn't get one of those!:cry:[/QUOTE]

These are both Disney Releases. Call Buena Vista Home Entertainment and tell them there was a sticker on the front of the releases showing the rebate but you didn't get the forms. Make sure to specify 2 if they are the same form and they will mail them out to you.

I didn't get forms in my Kill Bill BRs and they mailed them to me with no problem.

As if anyone didn't already know, Sin City looks amazing on Blu-Ray.

I watched the Re-Cut version but I didn't really see anything that was added, even though there was supposed to be an extra 20? minutes of footage.

[quote name='gunm']Ok more details about the offer:

Requirements:

Cash Register receipt from your NEW Blu-Ray purchase imprinted with store name and dated between 2/10/09 and 3/31/09 with purchase price circled (photocopies acceptable).
The original, hand-printed, completed certificate (included in the case, no photocopes allowed).

P.O. Box 8077
Royal Oak, MI 48068-8077

Edit: Dang, it's been a long while since I busted out the DVD--I totally forgot there was a copy of the Sin City graphic novel in there![/quote]

Thanks, I have both of those. What are the best B&M deals?

So I have to find stickered copies . . . :whistle2:k

Where have they been seen?

amazon has them, and I think BB. But scroll up a few posts because someone mentioned you can call Buena Vista and request a form.

My Ben Button from Amazon didn't go out today. I've never had a dvd/blu-ray not ship the day before release before...

NICE! I will definitely be picking that up!

[quote name='gunm']Ok more details about the offer:

Requirements:

P.O. Box 8077
Royal Oak, MI 48068-8077

Edit: Dang, it's been a long while since I busted out the DVD--I totally forgot there was a copy of the Sin City graphic novel in there![/QUOTE]

Picked up a copy of B. Button this week w/ a $5 rewards coupon from Best Buy. What a fantastic package. The film was almost shot entirely digital and it looked incredible. If you liked the move I recommend picking it up for sure. Probably my favorite disc out of my collection.

Lots of great movies coming out in the cinema this year!!! :bouncy: Funny I can't wait for them to be out in Blu ray but by the time they come out, something more advanced than Blu ray might be out as well. :roll: The possibilities...
clear.gif

It's too bad Criterion didn't use the same packaging for Ben Button as they did with some of their other Blu-Ray's, like the nice 'Digipak'-inspired packaging for Chungking Express. Instead, Ben Button is just in a cardboard sleeve, many of which appeared quite beat up at my local Best Buy. I leafed though about 20 copies before I found one in pristine condition.

[quote name='Scorch']So does anyone update the OP with release dates or what?[/QUOTE]

No. We like to keep reminding ourselves that Scorch's Negativity is now out. ;)

[quote name='KingOfOldSchool']The TMNT pack is up on Amazon.[/quote]

Its too bad we still are not getting any real extras on these. I know that there are deleted scenes from the first one. Plus I do remember hearing rumors that there is supposed to be a more violent cut of the second one with them using their weapons.

On that note.... Warner is releasing Grumpy Old Men on Blu on 7/7/09. Wish they'd would have included the extras they hinted at many eons ago for the SE DVD that was mentioned during those infamous Home Theater Forum chat sessions. But oh well... it is what it is. At least the film is in its intended Widescreen format which means I can finally retire my Laserdisc copy.

Looks like the decision to delay Monsters Inc came late as the pamphlet still says "More Titles Available with Blu-ray Digital Copy" with Monsters Inc pictures

Not only that they have a "Now Available on Blu-ray" for Monsters Inc. trailer

Case lists 5.1 DTS MA. On screen Audio menu lists 5.1 DTS MA. My S550 displays 3/2.1 as well. Now, I only have a 5.1 setup so it may be downmixing. Tested Wall-E, another 6.1 title, and shows the same thing. Wonder why Disney screwed up on 5/6 typo again?

Also included is a Digital copy, free ticket to see Up! and a slip cover.

I'll probably be selling it. Don't know why I have Disney Animated Blu-ray's as the ones I want (Toy Story, Mulan, Aladdin, Lion King) are not available.

Welcome back Gizmo!

I gotta see if I can find a deal on Taken...I hate paying more than $20 for new titles...though I'll probably be doing that for A Bug's Life...here's hoping Best Buy, Target, TRU, or Amazon have a deal on it next week.

[quote name='GizmoGC']

Looks like the decision to delay Monsters Inc came late as the pamphlet still says "More Titles Available with Blu-ray Digital Copy" with Monsters Inc pictures

Not only that they have a "Now Available on Blu-ray" for Monsters Inc. trailer

Case lists 5.1 DTS MA. On screen Audio menu lists 5.1 DTS MA. My S550 displays 3/2.1 as well. Now, I only have a 5.1 setup so it may be downmixing. Tested Wall-E, another 6.1 title, and shows the same thing. Wonder why Disney screwed up on 5/6 typo again?

Also included is a Digital copy, free ticket to see Up! and a slip cover.[/QUOTE]

I was hoping for a DVD too .

[quote name='Richlough']I was hoping for a DVD too .[/QUOTE]

Not for Pixar releases, only Platinum Disney titles (and Day and Dates...so probably Up)

Amazon wont credit be the $3 price drop on Taken since my order has already shipped. What kind of shenanigans is this?

I guess I have to wait for them to pricematch BestBuy on Monday morning before I order in the future. That sucks.

[quote name='HERETOSTAY']Amazon wont credit be the $3 price drop on Taken since my order has already shipped. What kind of shenanigans is this?

I guess I have to wait for them to pricematch BestBuy on Monday morning before I order in the future. That sucks.[/QUOTE]

Just don't accept it and do a charge back. fuck em!

bread's done
Back