Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

TDK is coming 12/12 according to Blockbuster
moh.jpg
:)

Anybody have any information on Aladdin? I saw a blu ray rip pop up on an undisclosed site and I'm assuming it might be close to release? I tried googling and I saw on Bluray.com it only shows up for Spring 2013 but nobody seems to have a definite date for it?

[quote name='xian37']what other movies in 2012 are available in blu ray?[/QUOTE]

Nobody answered? same question here

Didn't want to start a topic for just two deals but I noticed when I was in Dollar General today they had some Blu-Rays there. They had the common ones that's just a disc and sleeve but they also had some that were complete with the case for $6.95. Only ones I can remember were Iron Man 2, The Dark Knight and one of the Twilight movies.

Anyone know if Batman Year Two is Coming out i just watch Year One

Anyone know if Batman Year Two is Coming out i just watch Year One

I doubt it will come out. Year Two never came anywhere close to the popularity of Year One.

The next Batman one is Son Of Batman, which is the storyline with the new Robin and then there is an Arkham one coming which is based in the video game universe for Arkham Asylum.

anyone remember what the price usually is for new release blu-ray tv show seasons? or at least remember what the last season of spartacus went for? with the last season coming out on september third im hoping best buy has it for cheap on its first week out but im not sure. and amazon has it for a preorder price of $34.96 instead of its regular retail price of $59.99. so im just hoping best buy will have it on sale...

yeah i remember buying the last season for either $30 or $35 when it first came out, plus i have a $5 dollar reward zone certificate i need to use soon.

Anyone heard of a Burbs blu ray release?  Its one of my all time favorites and its no where to be seen.  Am I the only one who has seen this hidden treasure?

Best retailer to buy Star Trek: Into Darkness from?

Walmart's got steelbook + hot wheels replica for $30, while Target has a different cover + bonus features for $20. Same price at Walmart and Amazon, just regular'd out.

Not sure about other retailers.

Last edited by a moderator:
The last one was in summer. The October one was cancelled due to BB reorganizing their media stricture. Normally they would have one in January, but there are fears it's gone forever.

The last one was in summer. The October one was cancelled due to BB reorganizing their media stricture. Normally they would have one in January, but there are fears it's gone forever.
I really hope that is incorrect. I still have several DVD's I'd like to upgrade.

If the Best Buy Upgrade and Save promotion comes back, does anyone have any suggestions on how to trade a bunch of cheap dvds I got from last year's blockbuster closing sale? None of the DVDs have cases or artwork; disc only

BB requires artwork and case, so you're pretty much screwed.

You might want to check out Dollar General or Big Lots for cheap discs, which you can usually find for $0.25 - $1 at random stores.  That's where I've found my stocks of discs for U&S, though I don't think we'll see much more of it again in the future, if ever.

Ok so I normally don't buy Bluerays, or movies for that matter.  But yesterday i picked up The Purge so the wife and I could watch it.  Anyway, It came with an ultraviolet code and since I never use that, nor would i ever feel the urge to watch that movie again, is there a way someone else can use it?  Or do u have to have like the disk or something for you to be able to actually watch it?

tl:dr

I have an ultraviolet code for The Purge if anyone wants it.  Just PM me.  Thanks.

Edit:  Taken.

Anyone else a fan of the Riddick movies?  I was about to preorder the new one on Amazon and I saw that they've got a new "complete collection".  I have the old collection but after looking over the new one, I think I'll sell my old set (or give it to friends/family) because the new one has the animated film on Blu Ray and includes ultraviolet copies for each of the movies for $17 more than I was going to pay for just the new film.  If I sell it the old set, I should be able to get $10 for it no problem which would mean the net cost for the 3 UV copies + upgrade to blu on the animated short is only $7.  Plus I wouldn't have a 2nd blu ray box on my shelf.

Any word yet if that set will be lower than the current $40 price tag?

I don't see a DVD discussion thread or anything related, so forgive me if this is the wrong place. I am looking for a free (trial is fine) DVD checking software. I have some scratched DVDs and rather than sit through 25 hours, I would like to check them for errors. Does anyone know a reliable free program?

i have a bunch of ultra violet codes that i dont want if people are intereted. pm me for my list :)

as for thor dark worl that comes out next month correct ? cant wait to own that kick azz film on blu ray :D

since people have asked about my uv codes heres a list of what i have. ill trade them for disney rewards points if you have them

pacific rim
money ball
dark knight rises
prometheus
world war z
man of steel
taken 2

Not Blu-ray, but so very tempting:

20140218_154735-1.jpg

EDIT: Did a price check and it came up $15.99. Unfortunately, TRU's computers won't allow it to be sold before street date. :(

Anyone know which versions of predator, predator 2, Conan the barbarian, terminator, terminator 2 are the best on blu ray? Ive been looking to get them but ive seen multiples of them and not sure which ones have the best audio and visuals on them.

I can only speak of the Terminators and Predators as I haven't looked into the Conan blus yet (also, assuming you're meaning the 1982 version as well).

The Remastered version of Terminator just came out and looks great. It doesn't have much for extras, but I think this is the best you'll see it in a while.

Terminator 2's Skynet Edition is the one you want to go for here. Looks and sounds great and I don't think there are any re-releases planned as of yet so it'll last you a while.

As for Predator, I'd honestly buying the first release editions of these. The PQ won't blow you away but you'll be able to find them for real cheap. What's good about that is if they ever put out a decent transfer, you won't feel as bad about double dipping. This is what I've done and kept an eye on each release since with my fingers crossed hoping to upgrade.

Surely, someone else can offer their thoughts contradiction everything I've told you so take this as my opinion only.

I can only speak of the Terminators and Predators as I haven't looked into the Conan blus yet (also, assuming you're meaning the 1982 version as well).

The Remastered version of Terminator just came out and looks great. It doesn't have much for extras, but I think this is the best you'll see it in a while.

Terminator 2's Skynet Edition is the one you want to go for here. Looks and sounds great and I don't think there are any re-releases planned as of yet so it'll last you a while.

As for Predator, I'd honestly buying the first release editions of these. The PQ won't blow you away but you'll be able to find them for real cheap. What's good about that is if they ever put out a decent transfer, you won't feel as bad about double dipping. This is what I've done and kept an eye on each release since with my fingers crossed hoping to upgrade.

Surely, someone else can offer their thoughts contradiction everything I've told you so take this as my opinion only.
Do you mean this one?
612NcDRKUSL.jpg

Ill grab a skynet edition. And yes I meant the old conan, I didn't care for the new one really. I just realized I must be on some kind of ahnold subconscious kick because all of those movies had him in it. Now I want running man, and commando.

Thanks for the tips.

I wasn't talking about the 360, I was talking about the next xbox, like I said.

Sporadic, link to that 300ish player? I'd be selling my ps3 for 500, so with proper deals, I could get a good amount of blu-rays with that extra money.

Just got back from Target, their special version is the full DVD sized box.  So for those of you like me that don't want DVD sized boxes next to their Blu Ray boxes, this is a no go.

Is there any word on any Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie/theater cash floating around anywhere? I haven't seen anything and figure it would be available by now.

I'll be going to Captain America anyway, but if I can have an excuse to pick up Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World as well, I'll take advantage.

Is there any word on any Captain America: The Winter Soldier movie/theater cash floating around anywhere? I haven't seen anything and figure it would be available by now.

I'll be going to Captain America anyway, but if I can have an excuse to pick up Iron Man 3 or Thor: The Dark World as well, I'll take advantage.
Unless they do it with stickers added to existing product, it looks like there won't be any offers of movie cash.

They normally do a "new" release with a different SKU # or UPC # when they have a movie cash deal, though they have done it a time or two with just adding stickers with the movie cash information to existing product.

I would say if you see nothing in an ad for next week showing a movie cash deal, there won't be one.

They didn't do anything for Thor 2 and Iron Man 3, so don't hold your breath.

There are two DMR coupons for movie cash to a Disney movie, but I don't know if it includes MCU movies.

bread's done
Back