Blu-ray Discussion Thread - The One and Only

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Mean Girls Came In :) Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Im Sooooooo Happy ^_^[/QUOTE]

Got The Last Kiss and Strange Wilderness today.

[quote name='GizmoGC']Got The Last Kiss and Strange Wilderness today.[/quote]

Oh so thats who got the last kiss... meanie :( I wanted to see it.

STRANGE WILDERNESS IS HORRIBLE.

IM NOT EVEN KIDDING

JIMMY FALLON LATE NIGHT > STRANGE WILDERNESS

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Oh so thats who got the last kiss... meanie :( I wanted to see it.

STRANGE WILDERNESS IS HORRIBLE.

IM NOT EVEN KIDDING

JIMMY FALLON LATE NIGHT > STRANGE WILDERNESS[/QUOTE]

The end of the last scene made me want to punch every single person associated with creating it.

[quote name='RedvsBlue']The end of the last scene made me want to punch every single person associated with creating it.[/quote]

Yes, i know what youre talking about. I felt my brain losing cells from it being THAT STUPID.

[quote name='Scorch']Oh, sweet! I didn't realize they were releasing TLK in the US on BR. Great movie.[/quote]

Yeah it only took them a year later to get it lol

Kevin Smith announced in his podcast that Chasing Amy and Clerks will be available in the US on BR in July.

Chasing Amy is still slated to hit next week in Canada.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']

Terminator getting a double dip...presumably the same release just with a new lenticular cover.[/QUOTE]

Do you know when?

[quote name='guyver2077']just got my ufc best of 08 in... cant beat the 13.50 shipped price at amazon:)

1080i and stereo audio though..[/QUOTE]

Same here (preordered it back in December with Ultimate Comebacks)

Alot of great matches on it although I wish they would have put everything on 1 50GB disc instead of spreading it across 2 25GB disc.

The content is:

Disc 1 (21.1GB)
Penn Vs Stevenson
Penn Vs Sherk
St-Pierre Vs Serra
Anderson Silva Profile
Jardine Vs Silva
Fight For The Troops Promo
Evan Tanner Tribute
Mir Vs Lesnar
Couture Vs Lesnar
Mir Vs Nogueira

Disc 2 (23.4 GB)
Jackson Vs Griffin
Jackson Vs Silva
Ultimate Fighter Promo
Liddell Vs Evans
Griffin Vs Evans

Bonus
Ultimate Comebacks Trailer
Top 5 Knockouts Of 2008
Top 5 Submissions Of 2008
UFC Behind The Scenes (33 minutes)

The UFC dvd's that Ive watched in the past normally still sound decent even though its 2.0 audio, but the picture always had the same problem with the cage: it sparkled everytime a picture was taken. It got hella annoying and they never fix it.

Does anyone know how long they take to send it to you? Cuz its already been like a month n i still havent gotten anything

[quote name='thelonepig']Pushing Daisies Season 2 coming on July 21st.

It's a shame the series has been canceled.[/quote]

With a dolby digital 5.1 track.

Big SCREW YOU to fans. Thanks warner yet again.

[quote name='neocisco']Maybe it's naive, but why is 5.1 a "screw you"?[/quote]

Warner promised all future blu-rays would be high-def audio, then they put out a dolby digital 5.1 track. Thats a "screw you."

If you think that's not...

It's possible that the PD S2 artwork is simply a template and not the final design. Remember how PD S1 said TrueHD on it and it wasn't?

[quote name='neocisco']I didn't know, that's why I was asking. By HD audio do you mean 7.1?[/quote]

I mean DOlby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, etc. Dolby Digital is what most DVD's have.

[quote name='GizmoGC']It's possible that the PD S2 artwork is simply a template and not the final design. Remember how PD S1 said TrueHD on it and it wasn't?[/quote]

Im surprised warner didnt reissue that though, since it was advertised being TrueHD then it wasn't.. but it's been what nearly a year?

I really enjoyed pushing daises.. I was sad to see it cancelled. I would have gladly bought the blu-rays if they were high-def audio :(

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']I mean DOlby TrueHD, DTS-HD MA, etc. Dolby Digital is what most DVD's have.[/quote]

But to answer my question, Dolby TrueHD is 7.1, correct?

I don't know if it was ever confirmed (guess not), but a lot of the rumors point towards early June, so it can coincide with the 25the anniversary. Can't wait for this and the game!

[quote name='neocisco']But to answer my question, Dolby TrueHD is 7.1, correct?[/QUOTE]

HD audio can, and typically is, 5.1. Not a whole lot of 7.1 releases on Blu-ray.

Does anyone know if Target will be getting in those Warner releases tommorow? Namely 2010 and Final Destination along with the potential in-store price? Target.com as we all know is linked to Amazon.

Pushing Daises was a great premise that went no where, I was happy it got cancelled so I could stop waching it early.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Does anyone know if Target will be getting in those Warner releases tommorow? Namely 2010 and Final Destination along with the potential in-store price? Target.com as we all know is linked to Amazon.[/quote]

Not sure, my target person has been sick the past few days so I have no clue..

[quote name='DestroVega']Pushing Daises was a great premise that went no where, I was happy it got cancelled so I could stop waching it early.[/quote]

I enjoyed the show actually.. i was sad to see it got canceled along with Scrubs (even though that was overdue...)

Someone start a new thread as I won't be here for a while. Ice2Dragon knows why and he will respect my wishes by not saying why.

I'm not digging the Ghostbusters cover :/

original.jpeg

Looks like they're going with the blue theme for Blu-Ray. Was there even any blue ectoplasm in any of the Ghostbusters films? Slimer's green goo would make even more sense, but yeah, just the plain old logo on black would've worked nicely.

IIRC pink or red was another color for ecto--in the sequel? I haven't watched the films in a while. I think the toy version of ecto was in different colors too, but I don't remember blue. Yeah, I get what they were going for from a marketing perpective, though.

[quote name='LinkinPrime']I'm not digging the Ghostbusters cover :/

original.jpeg
[/quote]

I am pretty sure this was done to differentiate it from that last batch of remasters (with the green bkg) and reinforce the "Blu-ray."

I don't like it either, I would have preferred the original black bkg.

Only pickup for me this week is 2010: The Year We Make Contact

I wouldn't mind owning: Taking Lives, Yes Man, Wedding Singer, American History X, Final Destination (I'm waiting on the inevitable trilogy release when the new one comes out in August) and, perhaps, Day The Earth Stood Still

[quote name='BWOzar']Only pickup for me this week is 2010: The Year We Make Contact.[/quote]

Same here. I'll end up at least renting Yes Man and The Day The Earth Stood Still.

[quote name='BWOzar']Final Destination (I'm waiting on the inevitable trilogy release when the new one comes out in August).[/QUOTE]

Or just wait until October for the inevitable quad pack with 3D glasses for part 4.

[quote name='Demolition Man']Same here. I'll end up at least renting Yes Man and The Day The Earth Stood Still.

Or just wait until October for the inevitable quad pack with 3D glasses for part 4.[/quote]

Amazing audio/video on DTESS btw. Watched it earlier today, some cool exclusives too for it.

Yes, there will be a quad pack at some point down the road.. but does warner own the rights to the fourth film?

[quote name='Ice2Dragon']Yes, there will be a quad pack at some point down the road.. but does warner own the rights to the fourth film?[/QUOTE]

New Line is under Warner anyways so there won't be any issues with a quad pack being done.

[quote name='Demolition Man']New Line is under Warner anyways so there won't be any issues with a quad pack being done.[/quote]

Ah, i didnt know New Line still had the rights to it. I couldve sworn it was given up after the third one...Then again they said after the second one "There wouldnt be anymore".

After the first one it went downhill anyways.. the whole sequence of how everyone died.. then how it changed.. then the third one wasn't as violent as the others :(

I will however not go in a tanning bed again.

bread's done
Back